William Church and the Scandinavia Trip chapter 22

Printer-friendly version


William Church and the Scandinavia Trip
By Sharphawad

Chapter 22 Operation Brandenburg.

Markus dialled the number and again got the same person who came out with a tirade of abuse. Renate took hold of the telephone and listened and then spoke. "Glenda I will not have any of my staff speak to any of my people like you have just done. Do not pretend you do not know who is speaking as this is a private line which is only known to close family members. When I receive a telephone call on this line I expect to be informed immediately. No call on this line is to be ignored as you apparently have being doing for some time. It is only by an accident of fate that happened to be with the young boy when he telephoned and asked for help. Now if you value your job you will telephone him back and ask what he wants as it is not my duty to correct your mistakes.”

A short time later Markus received a telephone call from a very contrite woman. "Sorry I thought you were a practical joker and time waster and I apologise.”

Markus, "Our parents instructed us we had to telephone this number if they both died. Well they both did, as they were victims in the twin towers. I also have to ask you to implement operation Brandenburg."

Renate took hold of the telephone. "I take it you got the instructions this time. Because of your actions I did not know my godchildren needed help or that their parents were both dead. As you realise Markus Count of Brandenburg is at my side and his sister is recovering in hospital following an assault on her. You will go personally to the hospital and collect her. Then you will go shopping and buy every thing a Princess of Brandenburg requires including a tiara, which I doubt she has. After a make over you are to go to the military base and you will both be flown here is that clear or do I have to repeat my instructions sister?”

Glenda put the telephone down and wept. One of the other staff asked Princess what was wrong.

"I have to get this job right or I am out of a job as I well and truly messed up this time & I doubt that Renata will be very forgiving."

A helicopter flight to the military base and then a car to the clinic were needed and that was what Glenda got. At the clinic Robyn was surprised when a smartly dressed lady asked for Robyn Brandenburg. "That is me but nobody here knows my surname as that they all call me Olson."

"I am clerical assistant to Queen Renate of Bavaria, "She has instructed me to take you shopping and replace all your clothing as befits a Princess of Brandenburg. As we will not be returning you had better collect all you need.” Robyn thought for a moment.

“There is nothing I will need."

A short time later they were in the same department store recently frequented by the others. The manager said, "I presume you would like the same or similar to what the other Princesses and the Empress have been getting?"

Glenda, "The Princess of Brandenburg has been in hospital recently and I have been instructed to completely replace all her wardrobe including what she is currently wearing so can your staff measure the princess and we will start with the basics and work out.”

The manager, "I wonder if we could interest you in a tiara. I will be honest with you we call it the Brandenburg Tiara as it was commissioned by that family but they never collected it"

Robyn, “In that case it is appropriate as I am Princess Robyn of Brandenburg and my late parents would be unable to collect it due to their early death. As explained I have been in hospital and changed considerably from entering. I doubt if you saw a photo of me before you would ever recognise me."

"Princess I do recognise your face as your brother was in a few days ago with several Queens in tow and Lucy & lots of younger females. In fact we have only just replenished the Scalelectric after they bought up all we had for Lucy's Birthday. Now we have the newest latest sets"

Glenda using her initiative said, "While we are here could somebody come and advise the Princess on makeup and scents. Also do you have a restaurant as I am sure by now the Princess is hungry as I sure am?"

The manager, "Madame I am sure the Princess would like to follow the example of the others and eat and drink while watching the models display the dresses that the others purchased."

Girl after girl came in and to most of them Robyn said yes but occasionally she would say no. After they had eaten there fill the girls from the beauty counter came to do the make up and Robyn eventually ended up with a large case of makeup. At the same time Robyn also chose Miss Dior scent, as the one she liked the best.

Robyn thought for a moment, "You have just reminded me today is Markus birthday and I doubt he has told anybody.”

Glenda immediately telephoned the ship and got Renate. "Tell Robyn to get all the cards and presents and bring them to the ship."

Robyn, "Do you sell birthday cakes and if you do can it be inscribed with Happy Birthday Markus? I need a very large one if possible. I also need some presents, and from what I have already heard I know exactly what to get. Glenda have you packed yourself?”

"I brought an overnight bag in case I needed it, but I have not anticipating that I would be staying longer than overnight. I doubt that Renate will want me around. I am half expecting to find I have lost my job as I made a serious mistake. I thought it was a young lad playing a practical joke and I told him off in a rude manor. I did not realise that only family or very close friends had that particular number."

Robyn thought for a minute and then said, “You appear to be nearer my age and would make a good companion for me. Also to be honest I find you quite attractive so would you like the job of looking after me as I have not yet fully recovered?"

"Princess Robyn there is something you should know about me. I was raped as a child and since then I am only comfortable with women. I have tried to keep my sexuality a secret as if it was discovered I would in all probability find my job going west."

Glenda, “How would you feel if your partner started out life as a male and in certain countries would still be legally male, but because of certain genetic abnormalities and an assault he now has to live life as a female. We may need to tell Renate a white lie that you knew me before the accident and I had proposed before it happened. You can also say you had no idea I was related or even a Prince."

"Actually Robyn that may be easier to substantiate as I told some at work I had a boy friend and that we had got engaged without telling Renate. I actually bought my self an engagement ring to ensure they all thought I was telling the truth."

Robyn, "In that case let me put it on you and ask you to be my life companion. I unfortunately will be unable to give you children, but I doubt that is high on your priorities. Now to get two presents, "As it was little Lucy's birthday I had better get her a present so we had better go back to the toy department. Markus always wanted an electric train set and I suppose we had better get some more Scale Electric, and many birthday cards."

The department manager looked up what had previously been bought and said, "They wanted lots of track, what they have not got is these that go with the train sets and they bring the barriers down and the lights flash like real crossings.

Glenda said. "We will need a massive electric train set along with loads of track bridges, Crossings. Also we need as much Scalelectric as previously purchased. As our car is here we will take the lot but can you gift wrap, and label them the Train set has to have to Marcus on and the Scalelectric Lucy."

Back at the car it was filling up with the purchases. Finally Robyn & Glenda returned and were transported back to the helicopter. The pilot helped stow all the purchases and then the three of them fastened themselves into the seats, and they set off in search of the Royal Midnight Sun. Unlike the ship they were able to cut across country and headed directly for Helsinki. Half an hour after setting off they saw the ship was still moored in Helsinki. The pilot skilfully landed it on the deck alongside the other helicopter.

Willie came out to greet them and said, "They are shopping at the moment but should be back before long."

Robyn said, "Did the crew get the message it is Marcus birthday today? We brought the cards and presents but the cards need writing."

The steward came and said, "You two will have to share a cabin as we are getting rather short of cabins now."

The steward unpacked the dresses while Robyn & Glenda started to write the cards. Willie came to see if he could help and he grinned like mad when they told him what they had bought.

Robyn said, "Sir I need some advise. "I would like Glenda here to be recognised as the wife of the late Prince Robin of Brandenburg. Then nobody could say anything about her living with her sister in law."

Willie called the captain who asked them if they loved each other and they replied in the affirmative. Robyn pulled out a wedding ring and said, "This was my late mother's but it will do for now, and I will get you your own when we go shopping."

The captain, "The certificate is back dated to a date before the time you were attacked and injured. I only send the book in when it is full, so it will be a while yet before what is in it is recorded officially." Now you two can share a cabin. You two might get into trouble though with Renate. I would suggest that you Glenda pretend you did not know you had to ask for her permission. Princess Robyn it may be better if you also did not know about asking for permission.

That is easy Captain I did not know neither did I realise I was a prince. Neither Markus nor I realised who or what Lucinda and Lucy where sir. To us Lucy was just a little friend that Markus played with. In fact I have often seen Lucy and Marcus dressed up pretending they are getting married to each other & promising they would be true to each other."

Willie grinned and said, "No wonder she spotted Markus at the camp. I thought they seemed pretty close to each other. She may only be young but all the others' already realise he is her chosen mate. In fact Markus is with them now. We thought he had some competition but the competitor turned out to be female.

Willie said, "I see Robyn you are wearing the Brandenburg tiara. I am glad to see it once again being worn. Now you young lady do not appear to have one so perhaps I can help you. I will loan you this although eventually I want Lucy to have it."

Glenda looked at the tiara and took a gulp, "Sir are you sure you want me to wear this as it belonged to your late wife?"

Just because you are a younger sister does not mean you should not wear a queen’s tiara. As things stand even Renate will have to live with my wishes. You may borrow it until Lucy is 21 and then it goes to her and you will have to get a new one.

Nicholas, "I would like to escort Princess Glenda in & Willie can escort Princess Robyn. I understand you already know my eldest daughter who is planning her wedding to a distant cousin."

"Sir I think I would remember if I dated a princess of Russia or anywhere else. As being like this there was one female who was kind to me but she got called away urgently, and we never got to say good-bye. "

"Robyn you will soon be reunited with my eldest daughter Princess Della Romanoff, and she is also in for a shock, as she did not realise who you where either. Have you two had your medical yet? If you have not then it may be a good idea to go now and Glenda better go with you."

The doctor was not busy. "What can I do for you ladies?"

"Uncle Nicholas suggested we might like to come for a full medical."

"Normally I have a nurse here to help me but I should manage OK if you will both stay with each other. I will just get all I might need. As I am getting used to these medical. "

A short time later he said, "Princess Glenda you are perfectly healthy, and you Princess Robyn should have no more trouble with your periods. You had the same trouble as some of your cousins but that is now rectified so you can have children."

Both of their eyes went wide with surprise. "But I thought I could never have children?"

"Princess over the last few days I have seen several with the same genetic defect as you in which a female is mistaken for a male and this mistake continues until something happens and the hormones correct the error."

Robyn noticed the excited look on Glenda's face. "Glenda I was male with everything a male should have. I even asked the doctor to freeze what I had in case it was ever needed."

"Well Robin or Robyn I do not care I have a certificate to say we got married. If the doctor did save your equipment then perhaps we can have children in the future. Renate is going to go ape when she sees me wearing this tiara even if it is only loaned to me. For now we had better go and get prepared for if I remember my Aunt Margarita not even a hair should be out of place. She was worse than a sergeant major and we got a swat on out backsides with a hairbrush if there was a fault."

They had only just finished preparing when there was a knock on the cabin door. Willie and Nicholas were waiting outside. Willie said, "The others have arrived back although they had a couple of sleepy heads. Even those two are now awake and ready so now ladies we will enter the room."

As they entered the room Robyn found Lucy had launched herself like a missile at her. "I am pleased to see you Robyn. They told me I had a special friend coming to see me."

"Lucy have you being looking after that little brother of mine? And has he being behaving for you?"

"Grandma Wilma is helping me look after him."

Margarita, "I am pleased to see you at lest have the sense to wear your mothers tiara. And you young lady why are you wearing that one as it is not yours and not likely to be?”

Robyn spoke, "Aunt as Glenda had not one of her own with her as she did not expect to be staying uncle Willie kindly loaned her the one she has on. Glenda knows full well it is only loaned although she has been instructed she can borrow it until Lucy reaches 21. I though will rectify that long before then. In case anybody is wondering we met and got married quietly before I was attacked. “I did not realise we needed permission as I had no idea Glenda was a princess of Bavaria."

Lucy, "Princess Glenda you may continue to borrow my tiara. Grandpa Willie was correct in letting you borrow it. As I have this one at the moment. I though will need it for when I marry my Marcus."

Markus, "Sorry I was busy opening my presents and all I heard was Markus. This is great it is what I always wanted. Lucy there are some presents for you from these two."

"Lucy we did not know what to get and then the man said, you had got quite a bit of this so I decided to get you a bit more. I hope it is OK. Glenda thought you might like a princess doll and outfits."

Lucy gave both of them a kiss and said, "We can have lots of fun now you are here Robyn. I am annoyed with you though I could have been a bridesmaid for you if I had been told."

Glenda, "Lucy you had moved away and Robin did not know where you went otherwise we would have had you as a bridesmaid. Then he got badly injured and I had to go back to my sister. I never got round to telling Robin I was a princess. Likewise I never found out who he really was. We will never have the chance to have a little girl like you so I suppose we will be spoiling you as if you are our little girl just as my sister appears to be doing. Robyn already looks on you as a little sister. I had to vanish, not before I called the police and gave them a description of the man and watched Robyn being taken away in the ambulance.”

“Markus I have an apology to make personally to you. I did not realise you were Robyn’s little brother. Regardless of that I behaved shockingly towards you. I apologise most profusely. I did not act or behave correctly towards you or act as a princess should."

Markus, “Glenda I accept your apology. However your sister Queen Renate might have something to say to you. You did though save my brother from further injury & he was injured because he refused to say where Lucinda and Lucy had gone. In fact he did not know as neither did I know where Lucy & Lucinda had gone. The attacker was eventually caught after he tracked Lucinda to Bonhomie, after attacking her, and leaving her for dead he joined the army at the same camp I was already at. Talk about coincidences"

Lucy, “Glenda I am afraid your sister has had to replace you with somebody else more reliable. Robyn you do realise you can now have your old job back, and now you are the official baby sitter, and that is a job I know you do well, so perhaps you could train up this rude princess on how to do the job correctly. Now Robyn I have a lot of hugs and cuddles to catch up with from you."

"Lucy I have only just collected Robyn from the hospital and she is still very sore but as I am her assistant then perhaps I will do until such time as Robyn is fully recovered."

Lucy gave a flick of her fingers and the next second Glenda was covered in princesses all wanting a cuddle. Now she is occupied perhaps your number 1 girl can have what I asked for."

Lucy clambered up carefully. "I missed you and Markus, and I have something for you. Aunt Margarita would say this should be done formally but I think this is a better way as I can still get a cuddle out of it. I like the new you Robyn.”

Lucy gave a second flick and all the princesses got off Glenda and sat in front of Lucy. Margarita was heard to say, "Lucy has my daughters well trained Renate."

Renate, "Glenda what am I going to do with you. It appears you can not even control young princesses."

The youngest Princess Fiona spoke, "Queen Renate you are wrong, we were instructed to welcome our new nursemaid. Your sister will make a fine addition to our group. We all think though as she did not ask for permission before to get married that she should do it again with us in attendance."

Renate, "I agree with our younger cousins, but what does Lucy think?"

“Well as my mum and cousin are getting married to a Prince that is now a princess, so I do not see why the same should not be applicable to Robyn & Glenda. It will give me another big sister to look after me. Of course my permission and Markus permission as Count Brandenburg will be based solely on if my younger cousins and I get to be attendants.”

Renate, "Robyn I must insist that this is done correctly. For the wedding you will dress as Robin Brandenburg in full military uniform wearing the medals you have just been awarded. You my dear sister will have many attendants on that I insist. As Empress Lucy and her cousin wish to be flower girls then their wish shall be granted. After your official wedding is over I only want to see Princess Robyn with my sister and other than your dress uniform all other male attire shall be discarded.”

"Sister as Robyn has got no male attire that is no problem. Robyn will still need to be fitted for a dress uniform."

Willie smiled, "We have a vacancy for a General in the 1st Bavarian division."

Lucy, "Robyn it appears you have been conscripted to the 1st Bavarian as their general. You will though be on permanent detachment with me. I suggest you have both male and female uniforms made up, as occasionally you will have to review your troops. Now while I am too young to get married there is no law to stop me announcing my engagement is there aunt Margarita?"

"Well no but should you not wait a little longer."

“Aunt I know what I want and that will not change. I have to marry a duke and nothing less so I suppose I better make Markus Duke of Brandenburg then we can formally announce our engagement. I also have been thinking and Grandma Wilma is a genealogist. After this trip I want to see all members of the family who I have not yet seen. What I want to know is how many of our families have sons who are likely to turn into daughters or have turned into daughters. My Aunt Louise will be logging all the data so we will have an idea who is affected, and who is not. From what I have already seen most of the main families are already infected, as there appears to be very few males among us. Now though both Markus and I want to try out our presents as we already have had the staff laying it out for us. Marcus wants to see if he can drive a train faster than I can and my companion queens can drive a car. So for this race we will have all the queens and my two aunts."

up
48 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments