William Church and the Scandinavia Trip chapter 9

Printer-friendly version


William Church and the Scandinavia Trip
by Sharphawlad

Chapter 9. Lucy knows her furs.

Olga, “While we are all here can your measuring service check us all out as we appear to have lost some weight recently?"

A woman appeared with a tape measure and started with Olga & then Wilma. She put all their measurements in a computer and then did the same with the other ladies.

Lucy watched and then said, "Are you going to do that for me and Ariel?"

The lady smiled and said, "We can not forget you and Ariel can we." "I have just the thing for you providing it is OK with your mummy."

The woman appeared a short time later with a little silky bra and pant set. Lucy did not hesitate to see if they would fit.

Lucinda, "I presume you have them in larger sizes."

"Yes madam we have them in all your sizes but that is the smallest we do."

Lucy turns to the doll and said, "When you get big like me you can have some." Louise dressed again and she was fingering a fur coat.

One of the models said, "Do you like this? Let’s see if we can find one to fit you.

A short while later Lucy returned, "Mummy I found this & it will keep me very warm."

Wilma and the others burst out laughing, "Did you have that made for her."

The manager, "No the company make sample coats that will only fit children." This is one of those that has been left behind by a rep." The manager dialled a number and spoke to the Company managing director.

The others did not hear what was said but then the manager said, “Your Majesty they wish to talk to you."

"Yes that is correct Princess Lucy is wearing it at the moment."

“Our MD is coming round with the accessories that go with the coat."

Lucy would not take the coat off. Eventually a young woman arrived with a stole, hat and gloves. She asked for permission to photograph Lucy. "Lucy I was told it was your birthday yesterday would you like these as a present from me?"

Lucinda, "You can not be giving these away they are worth a fortune."

"Actually Madame they are from our reproduction range for ladies who want people to think they are wearing real fur." "I am being cheeky but have I permission to put on the range by appointment to Princess Lucy?

Olga examined it closer and said, "It looks like the real thing to me."

As she was speaking a very harassed rep appeared and said, "I left a sample and I will be in trouble with my boss if I do not collect it."

The sales girl, “You better go in there." Lucy was still in the coat. He noticed Lucy in the coat and tried to show her the other coat he had on his arm.

Lucy, "This is softer I like this better." By now the rep was sweating profusely. Lucy went over to the Lady, "He does not want me to have this coat, but that other does not feel quite the same."

The MD felt the coat and started to smile. “Lucy I promise you can keep the coat you are wearing. You have just proved to me even a four year old can tell the difference between real and fake fur. I take it you are our only rep with both samples."

Olga felt the difference, "The fake still looks impressive."

Lucy, "Have you a small one to fit my baby? She will not mind if it is a fake but I prefer the real thing."

The rep, "I have this sample in my case,” Lucy tried it on her doll and then went and gave the rep a kiss.

Kirsten, “How much do we owe for these?"

The MD, “Nothing, I told the management that people could tell the difference."

Lucinda felt the difference, "It depends who you intend marketing them at. Many girls will go for the fake because it looks like the original but is considerably cheaper. Some who are vegetarians or Vegans will also wear it."

Olga, “We will take nine of your real coats to match the one Princess Lucy is wearing. The seventh is for Queen Renate of Bavaria who is to accompany us on the Royal midnight sun. You should have her measurements on file."

Helga, "Your request is also granted. You may put. By appointment to Queen Helga of Denmark she looked across at Lucy and said and of course for the children's ranges by appointment to Crown Princess Lucy of Denmark & Norway. The rep and the MD both left quite happy.

Olga, "He should be happy now. I would be with an order like that."

Helga, "I suppose we all should apologise for what we did last night. Before we even got the results we all realised you looked like Olga."

Olga, "When I called for my maids I forgot they use semi permanent makeup on me as it saves me having to do it daily.”

Louise, “Dad you saw the effect this morning. Everybody round here is going to mistake you for Queen Olga and treat you as such."

Helga, "I was the instigator of you two winning the cruise. Even the meeting with Angela was planned. What I did not plan for was you adopting your own daughter & Grand daughter. Between the two of us we had planned to give you a surprise party."

Lynn thought for a moment. "I gave Angela a list of all those we were going to invite which included Rose & family."

Angela, "We already have a venue for your party. Apparently none of the guests have refused so far although we have had difficulty in finding your brother & wife."

Lynn, "I hope you included all the present company."

Lucy, "Are you and grandpa having a party. Can I help open the cards and presents?"

William, “All our guests are in for a shock, but I think you can be the official card opener. Thank you Kirsten for arranging this trip. In fact it could not have come at a better time. The two houses either side of us appears to have workmen in. I for one will be glad to get away from all that noise. I talked to the foreman & he said he expected the work to take three to four weeks but all the noisy stuff should be done in the first three weeks.”

Louise, "There were clouds of dust coming out of those houses. I think when we get back we will have a major cleaning task ahead.”

“The foreman. They had discovered the dividing wall in the yard was in a bad state and would it be OK if they replaced our stretch as well. I was humming and arr-ing and he said, we quoted to replace the whole stretch so there is no charge for the building work. I gave him permission I hope that was OK."

William, "It we get a nice wall out of it then it is."

Olga, "If it is permissible I could send a team of housekeepers to clean the house before you arrive home."

Lynn, “I for one would appreciate that. I was not looking forward to all that cleaning."

Lucy, "I would have helped and so would mum."

Louise, "I think you might be stopping with me or my Grandparents when we get back."

Helga, “Well do you to rush back for anything or would you like to be put up in my home when the cruise ends?"

up
54 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos