William Church and the Scandinavia Trip chapter 40

Printer-friendly version


William Church and the Scandinavia Trip
by Sharphawlad

Chapter 40. Willies new Home.

Margarita looked around at her new home. She could look across to where Lucy was now living. The younger children only had to go through a gate and past the Catholic church of St Stephen and walk about 100 metres and they where at school. The older girls on the other hand had to travel half a mile to the bus station and there get the school bus that took them directly to their school.

Margarita was looking at some photos Wilma had provided. These showed what their homes once looked like. Fiona tugged at her mother’s skirt and asked if it was ok to go and play with Lucy. Margarita nodded.

Louis Battenburg put his arm round Margaritas waist. “You know when I got the call I thought it was another of your Willies practical jokes. I had been wondering for some time though if I should propose to you. I did not envisage us though having a new home together in another country.”

“Louis I was just looking at these old photographs of what this area looked like before the Fay builders got their hands on it. It certainly looks a lot different now to what it was several weeks ago.”

Petal. “Yes they did all the work in record time. I hope we did not forget anything in our hurry to complete the job. If there is anything you need then the Fay builders are always happy to oblige. The Big Boss has sent me to collect the girls. Today is the first time the daughter of Constance of Fischen has entered an official race. Alexis and Astrid both thought it would be nice if we all supported them.”

“Mum are you coming it is Iolanthe’s first race? All the rest of the family are going.”

The family boarded the underground railway that took them directly to the palace on Ingleborough. They spotted Alexis. “Renate has asked if this race could be dedicated to the late Sigfried of Bavaria and Clause his son. Who both died tragically in the car explosion a while back?”

Jules was wearing black as she was in mourning for her late husband. Every member of team Bond was wearing a black armband. Like the previous time the dragon singers where there. This time though they where in the stands. From the race starting until the three peaks was finished the singers would not stop singing. This time the race was receiving international attention. Media from round the globe where broadcasting the race. This was in addition to the local and national media that where all wanting the prime positions. Through the benefit of modern technology the race was being beamed to virtually every country on the planet.

Lucy asked why the singers appeared to be repeating the song and getting faster. Cartumandia replied. “When going into battle in ancient times they used to sing to scare the enemy away. Here they sing to encourage Gaby and the team to win. As they get faster then so should Gaby.”

“If that is the case then the rest of us better start singing the same song.” Even miles away all the riders could hear the singing. Not all though realised the significance of the singing. Because of the broadcast many Fay who had not previously answered the calls of Alexis managed to lock on to the signal and obey the call. Upon arrival they joined the swelling ranks of Fay and started singing. The broadcasters where almost drowned out by the noise of the singing. All of a sudden the singing got very fast. Gaby & Iolanthe both made their move. It was obvious to all that one of them was going to take the race. As it happened Gaby won by a wheel. Both of them collapsed at the side of the course before waiting for the third place to come in.

Jules was making the presentations. “Ladies and Gentlemen it gives me great pleasure in handing the winners trophy to my sister Gabriel. This is the third successive time she has won this race. As such I understand she gets to keep the trophy. Next year there will be a new Trophy dedicated to my late father in law and husband. By next year we might even be seeing a new winner as Iolanthe certainly gave my sister Gabriel a run for her money.”

Lucy felt somebody tug at her skirt. “Please do you know where we are? The singing stopped and we lost our bearings.”

“The singing stopped when the race ended.”

“We must go and find the singers for they tell the dragon lords have returned and they call for their entire Fay.”

Lucy grinned, “Do you know how to recognise a dragon then? Are you not afraid one might make a snack of you?

“Please we have to find them we have travelled long and fast to get here. As to how to recognise them we have no idea. The music though calls to us.”

“My friends the dragon lords already know you are here and bid you rest and refresh yourselves. Would you all like some refreshment?”

As Lucy spoke a small man pushed himself forward. “Would yea be inclined to employ the likes of me?”

Lucy giggled. “Well little man dressed in green whom might you be?”

“As yea asked so nicely my name is Octavian & this is one of my brothers Severus Fartus. We have misplaced our brothers.”

”Well I am Lucy to some & Emperess to others.”

Octavian looked at Severus. ”By any chance would you have a position for the two of us?”

”Well I do not know of a Fadius but I do know of lots like you. The only difference is they are all Royals of Astrid. Well you two are you going to be mine?”

Both of them did a high five. ”We accept the position.”

up
56 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos