William Church and the Scandinavia Trip chapter 29

Printer-friendly version


William Church and the Scandinavia Trip
by Sharphawlad

Chapter29. Cousin Adrienne.

Lucy noticed all the villagers where kneeling down and then crouched right down. She saw a child looking round in awe at what was happening. The child then spoke.

"Hello I am Adrienne. I was in the Jungle with my dad after our plane came down. Dad is very poorly after something bit him. The water swept mummy away and there was nothing we could do. I am very pleased to see two friendly faces. The villagers all look at me and stare and some do what they are all doing now."

Lucy held her hands out, "Well Adrienne we will be your friends. Come give us a hug. Now we will go and visit your dad.” The three of them entered the hospital together.

Adrienne ran across to her dad and gave him a hug. "You are awake now? I missed you and until today nobody would be my friend but now I have two."

David looked at Lucy and River. "By any chance are you two children of my brother William's Children and if so is he close by?”

“I am Lucy & William is my Grandpa. I take it Adrienne was a bonus as neither Graham & Jessica who where both summoned to come to Grand Pa William & Nana Lynne's party, said anything about another sister."

Adrienne. "I was born out here when my parents decided to help the poor people. We got a letter telling us to come home & that is what we where doing when the plane crashed. Dad mum got swept away by the water & I will never see her again." At this Adrienne burst into tears.

David cuddled her. "I bet your mum is somewhere down stream working her way back to us right now. You know she is a good swimmer so I would not worry too much about her." As David spoke there was quite a commotion & Lucy and the others heard several shrieks.

The shrieks got closer and closer. Lucy saw it was Alexis accompanied by others. David grinned when he saw Alexis. "I was told you had been swept away dear."

Alexis. “I do look a little like my sister. I came to tell you she is safe, and is being well looked after. She has asking over the two of you & if you both got to safety."

Lucy grinned and said, "In that case I have a job to do?" Alexis as Adrienne is your niece she can join the others and me and be part of my group. If I have to go to school then she can also come with me. Now let’s see how did River do it? Ha like this.” Lucy waved her hands. "That is better you now look like a Princess of the wind."

Adrienne looked at her self. "I look like a Fay Princess. All I need now is some wings."

As she spoke her wings appeared and Adrienne floated up wards. Lucy & River shot after her and they held hands for a while and then one by one they came down on their own.

David looked shocked. "Am I likely to be doing that in the near future?"

Alexis. "My sister does not know herself she has the ability to do that and Lucy has only just discovered what she can do. As for you though I will have to insist you come home with us. As for you River your mother was wondering where you had vanished to & even she does not know you can do that."

“Mistress I heard the cry from Lucy & got here pronto to help. I did not realise at first Lucy was with you or that you had dived in and scared off the killer fish mistress. Some of mum’s sisters came with me and started to search the river. They should be here soon to collect me."

"Ha that explains how they came to find my sister."

River, "Do I have to go to this school place with Lucy & Adrienne and the others?"

David, "Well Alexis when we get back home I will have to arrange for Adrienne to go to School as she still has much to learn."

"Actually David a place is already reserved for Adrienne along with her cousins and River. We cannot have Lucy going to a new school with strangers can we."

River noticed several smiling females approaching with a very happy old man. "Grandpa, I was looking after Empress Lucy and her cousin Adrienne."

Neptune bowed. "Greetings Empress Lucy I see you have already claimed River. River I am extremely pleased how you responded to an emergency call from the Empress Lucy, as is your other grandfather. Lucy was only supposed to be on her training flight, but it turned to an emergency. I understand you also now have had your first flight. Well done. Now to you young lady you where quite correct in telling my brother Draco off. He tends to forget the niceties and gets over excited. Our mother has decided to punish him for forgetting."

Lucy looked shocked at Alexis and said, "I did not mean for your father to get into anymore trouble because of me. Perhaps if I go and see his mother when we return perhaps she will not be as harsh on him. I was annoyed because he had not bowed to Queen Renate. I did not realise he was her father. My mother tried to instil in me respect for all adults. Marie blurted out what I said to her. Sir I am sorry if your brother has got into trouble because of my words. Perhaps when we return home I could have a word with the lady & see if she is not so harsh with him. Now sir I have a request to make, My friend River tells me I may call you the Old man but that seems rather rude."

Neptune chuckled. "Actually it is one of my titles. The Old man of the Sea is the full title. They all abbreviate it. As to speaking with Endora she is approaching with some of my daughters & Grand daughters."

Lucy tried a curtsy. "Alexis how many sisters do you have? The Old Man is a practical joker. For a minute I believed him & then I thought it was Queen Renate.”

Endora held her hand out. "I did not get to meet you before Alexis whisked you off. Now Empress Lucy has this son of mine been behaving?”

Lucy looked at the other females and went and took the hand of one. "I may not know the others but I certainly know you. Your statue is in the entrance to Copenhagen harbour so you are the little mermaid. Will you be my Princess of the Sea? Lucy flicked her wrist and said that is better now you look like a true princess."

Lucy looked at Alexis and then at Endora. "You could be Renate or Glenda but you are far too young to be the Old Mans mum. Regardless of who you are I am one of the youngest here and so curtsy because of your seniority."

Lucy then noticed Wilma had appeared and ran to her and threw herself at Wilma. "Glenda is playing tricks on me & tried to tell me she was the Old Mans mum. That is plain silly as she is no Older than you and the Old mans mum must be a very ancient lady by now. I was going to ask that she was not so harsh on Grandpa Draco. He is nice & I like him."

"Well well it appears most of the family are here now."

Lucy did not wait to be told who it was she just launched herself at him & said, "Glenda has been naughty she tried to tell me she was your mum, but I know differently. I hope you did not get into to much trouble with your mum. But if you did I will sort it out for you."

Draco. "Empress Lucy with Astrid, Cleo and all the others I am always in trouble. River I understand you have recently found your wings?”

"Yes grandpa Draco Lucy & I had to fly to Adrienne’s aid when she developed her wings unexpectedly. I thought I could only swim, but apparently not. Lucy this lady is my mum."

Lucy curtsied and so did the lady. Pleased to meet you sister of Alexis. You look so much alike not to be sisters. I am having River & the Princess of the sea as my companions along with Astrid, Cleo and the others we have much to teach each other."

The little mermaid went across to Neptune and said, "Grandpa Neptune my new friend Lucy needs one of your bracelets as do Adrienne and some of the others and then they will have to return to St. Petersburg before they are missed."

Lucy looked at the lines of females all in neat rows behind Rivers mother. "I think I have another job to perform before we can receive any presents. Now how do I do it? Ha yes I remember from aunt Margarita, she said, "Attention, Present hands."

Draco was amused at how serious Lucy took it. Occasionally she would look and say that nail looks gimpy and needs filling. Eventually she got to the very back where there was a female who looked battered and bruised and her hands where covered in mud and blood.

Adrienne saw her. "Mum you are alive this is my friend Lucy."

“Sorry Lucy I am not as presentable as I would have wished. I got knocked out by a tree trunk & have not yet had time to clean up. I was hoping by staying to the back so I would not be noticed."

One of the women groaned, "Apparently the mini army has decided to put in an appearance." Astrid gave the appearance of being a General and was riding a Shetland pony.

Astrid just in time I need your help and that of your friends, my Cousin Adrienne’s mother has been injured and we can make her better."

The first few attempts by the youngsters soon cleaned Julie up and even caused her nails to re grow but other wise did little to affect her. "Stop" Said Lucy. "We are not powerful enough to affect an adult." Lucy Turned to Draco and Endora who Lucy still thought was Glenda. Aunt Julie needs the power of one or several adults to restore her. Our little power balls have not done much other than make us all sleepy. So as you two are the nearest adults to me at the moment do you mind helping?”

Endora grinned. "Yes we will help." David got out of his bed and came across, Embraced Julie, "Love you need the bed more than I do. I have something to tell you and I am not sure how to tell you."

As they embraced the fireballs from Endora & Draco hit the two of them and the two bodies for a second or two became one and then reverted back. Julie bent down and picked up Lucy and said, "I see you are already good friends with our Adrienne? We where coming to your enthronement when the plane crashed killing the pilot. We then got into a bit of a pickle ourselves. As for what David has to tell me. I have already guessed what the problem is so that will wait for a while."

Lucy thought for a moment and said, "Grandpa William said you sold your house at Thornton when you moved out here. So you had better come and live with me and my Grandparents I think there will be room to accommodate you all and then Adrienne can go to school with me and my cousins."

David, "What I remember of my Brother William's house was that it was very small. But we do need somewhere to live and you are correct over Adrienne she would be better going to school with you. Especially as you both have special talents. I though would not tell the other children at school you can produce fire balls or fly though.”

“So Aunts that is settled I will let housekeeping know my aunts and cousin will be returning to the house with me and to make the arrangements for Adrienne. Now Aunt Davina are you going to give me a cuddle. I only had mummy and now I have lots of Aunts and they are all magic. The villagers are scared because they know they have the Queen of the heavens in their midst and many princesses of the seas. They all know River and yet are terrified of a little girl like my cousin. See there is another little girl in the corner nobody speaks to her or goes near her but I will.”

up
65 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos