Captain John Raymond of the Royal Highlanders

Printer-friendly version

Captain John Raymond of the Royal Highlanders
By Sharphawlad

Captain John Raymond started out life in the British Army as a Captain in the Royal Highlanders. Soon his superiors realised that he had talents that were more suited to special operations and so he was transferred to the SAS. More often than not he was on solo operations. John had long since lost count of the operations he had been on. On one occasion while in the Libyan Desert he found a necklace and chain.

John considered it his good luck charm and it went on every operation with him.
On his latest task John had to get into Syria and check out a town that was rumoured to be a base for Isis. John realised that the lives on all the people in the town were in his hands. Unfortunately a sand storm arose and very nearly killed John. He was found by ISIS and taken into the town.

From the little he saw he realised the rumours were true and this was the place his superiors would have to make a surgical strike.
Day after day John had been subject to various forms of torture and questioning. Even when his balls had been smashed with a hammer he stayed silent although he was in considerable pain. One night whilst on the floor he rediscovered the charm and clutched hold of it.

A voice he did not know came into his head. “Sister kiss me so our blood is as one.” John Raymond did as requested and then he noticed a glow by the outside wall. He went to investigate and discovered an ancient sword. He grinned as he was no longer weapon less.

He heard the key in the door and the guard saying. “We will soon be beheading you if you do not tell us what we want to hear.” That was the last thing either guard was to say as their heads were severed off with sword. John knew there were other prisoners in the cells as he had heard their cries. Checking the basement he had been imprisoned in he released the others. Some were British like him and some American.

The Americans appeared to have been treated the worse.
Amongst those released were an Israeli and an Egyptian. The Egyptian did not follow Islam but the ancient religion. He looked at John Raymond and noticed the necklace. He went down on his knees. “Mother let them know your Justice.”

Meanwhile all those released had found an arms cache and proceeded to arm themselves to the teeth. They heard more cries and then silence. Slowly but surely they got to the surface. There sat down was a group of women with Red hair. “We got those you did not sister.” “You and your friends may like to use these Land rovers as we have wired the whole place to be demolished so it cannot be used again.”

When John Raymond awoke he was in a hospital but he did not know where it was. There was a nurse sat at his bedside he could see she had been crying. John looked at his arms and hands. There was no sign of hair on either of them and both were considerably slimmer. Then the nurse awoke and he realised it was his sister Eve.
“Eve is that you or is this a dream?”

“John it was thought it would be better if a family member was here to greet you when you finally awoke. The good news is you have been promoted to Colonel. The bad news is the damage done to you by Isis cannot be repaired. Mum and Dad as your next of kin had to make a decision on what to do with you.”

Johns hand had gone between his legs and all he found was a tube. “That is a Foley catheter you have there. What was there had turned to gangrene and had to be removed to save your life. You also have lost considerable volume and body mass whilst you have been here. Although there still is one area you are quite prominent. I presume after all this time in bed you would like a bath. I will run you one and remove that tube for now.”

Another nurse came and helped get John to the Bathroom. Once in the bath John almost fell asleep. “John you need to get out and dried and then I need to measure you to get you some clothing rather than the hospital gown you were wearing.”
John looked at the mirror and looking back was a female he did not recognise as himself. “I look almost like you sister. I can see two of you here in the mirror. Only one has a white gown on though so that must be me.”

The other nurse appeared again. “Eve I see you twin is more alert now. We are serving breakfast in the Day room.” John was sat in a chair and it was pushed to the day room. John looked around the Day room and realised most of those in it were those he had released from the cells.

There also appeared to be some top brass. There was clapping as John was pushed into the room. General MacKay of the Royal Highlanders spoke.

“John whilst on active service you single handed managed to break free from those ISIS who held you captive and single handed using only an ancient sword remove all the Isis members and then free the other captives whilst you yourself were badly injured. Her majesty had no problem in awarding You Britain’s highest honour that of the Victoria Cross. In addition you are to become a peer of the realm. Normally this would be done at the palace but the Queen was insistent that it was done now.” John looked around and realised he was in a military hospital rather than a General one. The uniform of the nurses told him that. The General pinned on the VC and saluted John who returned the salute.

Eve herself was in the uniform of the Queen Alexanders nurse. She whispered, “John you are at the Friarage Hospital, Northallerton and are being looked after by the Queen Alexanders.” A thought passed through John’s mind. I must have been flown back to RAF Catterick if I am at the Friarage.

Next were the representatives of various countries who also awarded John their countries highest award. The last award was from Israel for the release of their man. It was the man himself who presented the award. Then the national anthem was played and in walked Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip.

John tried to stand but the Queen spoke, “I am not sure how you did it but all the witnesses are glad you did. There are many grateful families who are glad did what you had to. Normally the Prime Minister advises me on who should receive an award. In your case I have no hesitation in giving you an OBE & as there is a vacancy you also shall become a knight commander of the Garter. In addition you will become the Earl of Cumberland. At this there was considerable clapping.
Soon most people departed. John was taken back to the ward.

Shortly after the General came to see John. “I have been having a word with your doctors and have been informed it will be some time before you can return to the Royal Highlanders. What a bloody mess we found on the site. Not one wall remained intact and every Isis soldier head was cleanly severed off. Several were from the UK well Bradford, Birmingham, Burnley, Barnsley & Blackburn. The Red caps were sent in to arrest all their families and they are to be tried as terrorists and enemy of the state. The ancient weapons specialist we called in to identify the sword you used got very excited when she saw it. The sword was still covered in the blood of your victims. The expert brought out a bottle and proceeded to clean the sword. Before long it was shining as brightly as the day it was first made. She then produced a velvet scabbard for it.”

“General this is the sword of retribution. I would like to talk to the female who wielded it.”

“I explained you were born male but you had your testis smashed during interrogation.”

“In that case the sword would think the soldier was female and would call up her spirit sisters to help.”

“The reports we all got were that you single headedly managed to remove all the Isis insurgents in the town and free many captives.”

As he was leaving the General said, “Your colleagues in the Royal Highlanders send you their regards and thank you for the praise heaped upon the regiment.”

After the General had departed Eve returned. “John you have another guest to see you.”

John looked up and smiled. “Eve she is a friend or at least she comes to me in dreams and calls me sister.”

The person looked at John and then Eve. “No wonder the sword was confused there are two of you. Please will you both give me your hands.”

All three clasped hands together. John felt a tingle run through his body. All three of them had bright red hair and green eyes.

“John I know you felt the tingle. That was your body using ours as a template and healing you.”

Eve spoke, “Is that the sword John used it is very shiny.” The next instant there was a similar sword in Eve’s hand.

“Your sword is the sword of Hope and like John’s has become part of you.”

up
198 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting start.

I am curious as to how things will work out..

Anne Margarete

Very good but, should be the

Very good but, should be the start of the real story.

alissa

So based on the comments that

So based on the comments that John's body healing is being based on a template that gives the person bright red hair and green eyes and he now looks exactly like his sister, that John is now fully female?
This first chapter does seem to be a really interesting start to a rather interesting story. I'm wondering if Ma'at isn't involved, as the Egyptian said "Mother, let them know about your Justice"; and she was the ancient Egyptian goddess of Justice and punishment.

Captain John begins a new story...

Why are others not recognizing his new future. People seem to be talking to him and not with him. Maybe I'm wrong.

Hugs on a new beginning, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

This could...

Patrick Malloy's picture

Become quite an epic story. Please continue.

Patrick Malloy

Wielding a magic sword

Nice! I hope this is only the prologue to the story

Karen