William Church and the Scandinavia Trip chapter 16

Printer-friendly version


William Church and the Scandinavia Trip
By Sharphawlad
Chapters 16 Captain Swen's Wife


Captain Swen radioed his wife who was stunned and then replied, "I will have to go and get some new dresses then." She packed her cases and then drove her car to the department store and was looking at dresses when the party arrived.

Lucy saw the older lady fingering a dress and was counting. "Hello that is a nice dress and it is very pretty."

“Yes love I was just trying to work out if I could afford to buy it. My husband is the Captain of a ship and he has some very important guests and they have told him they will send somebody to collect me from this store and I have to leave my car in the car park. Have you lost your mummy? I will help you find her."

"I came in with my cousins, aunt and mum is also here as we all came looking for new clothing for my cousins. Look mum is over there with Uncle, he is pushing her."

Captain Swen’s wife curtsied when she saw Prince Willie, “Sir I presume you must be the party who was due to meet me. Sorry little one I did not realise you were a Princess I honestly thought you had wandered away from your parents."

Willie, “Madame I presume you are Captains Swen’s wife and the party who we are supposed to collect. I though should tell you Lucy is no Princess."

"Well Prince Wilhelm the young lady who you are pushing around looks like Queen Olga to me and Lucy here called her mother so I presume she is a Princess of Norway."

Lucinda, "I do look like Aunt Olga. My mother is Helga of Denmark & my late father was Olga's brother."

"Oh Swen told me that you sir had been appointed Kaiser although he said nothing else. I never realised Olga had a brother, I knew there was a sister that lived in England."

"Actually there are two sisters who both live in the same town and I will be living with one of them along with my daughter."

"Sorry little one I have just realised that you must then be the Danish Crown Princess."

Lucy by now was accompanied by her companions and was giggling away. Lucy had Fiona go and bring the dress Captain Swen’s wife had been fingering she found her.

“Willie Anna here was about to get a dress for her presentation to somebody special when she stopped what she was doing to help me find mum.”

Lucinda, "I am a Danish & Norwegian Princess; I am not the Crown princess. That title goes to somebody younger than me. Who you happen to be holding the hand of at the moment. Anna meet Crown Princess Lucy of Denmark & Bavaria & Empress & Zarina designate of Germany & Russia.

The manager came back with Fiona and the dress. Lucy, “Well am I going to see you in it? Anna went and changed into it and then returned.

Captain Swen, "You love children but could not have any.”

Lucy, “Well I am making you an official Grandma and then you can play with us. As for the dress that will be part of your uniform."

Willie, "I am one of her grandfathers and it is Lucy who decreed that I am to be known as Kaiser. Lucy will have a team of advisors who will act as Regents until she is twenty-one these include her Grandma and great aunts and me. For now though we will try and give her a normal life. So she will be going to England to live with my son and her mother."

Fiona, "As official Grandma you get us all as we are all companions to Lucy. In fact mother has decided we should move to be near Lucy so our new father has decided that while we will still visit our other homes we will be living in the same town as Lucy.”

Louis, "Lucinda when I realised after talking to Olga where you were going to move to I acquired the adjoining row and had the houses ripped apart and the developers have worked very fast. I am afraid Lynn and Wilma are in for a slight shock as the two rows of houses now look more like a small palace. I had also to make arrangements for the education of all the children. After the girls mother reminded me Lucy was supposed to be attending a local school and Fiona would have to go to the same place. I had a word with Wilma and she recommended St. Stephen's for the younger ones. I telephoned my friend Cardinal Basil Hulme about the girls starting the Catholic schools in September. Not surprisingly the schools where both happy to accommodate the girls. Especially when they both got unexpected visits from the Cardinal."

Victoria, "At least we get out of that Alexis."

Louis, "Actually Victoria you are wrong as both you and Alexis will go to the Secondary school and among other things study various languages along with your older sisters.”

“Papa we can not as we are Lucy's protection and soldiers.”

Nicholas, "I agree with your decision Louis but if they insist they are Lucy's protection then they will have to start at the reception class with her and Fiona.” This caused the older girls to giggle.

Alexis, "But sir we are both conscripted into the armed forced of our respective countries."

Anna picked up Lucy, “I take it these two do not fully realise they have been reassigned duties as I appear to have been. Now before we go would all my official grand daughters like a cola or ice cream?”

Lucy, "Well we can have nice milk shakes here if the chef will come and make them for us. Also we need to get you Anna a few more grandma dresses. Alexis I have conscripted you to be my companion then that is what you will do. Neither you nor Victoria looks good in combat outfits. In fact you both look far nicer as you are dressed now. I like girls to look like girls and not pretend boys.”

Margarita, "Well said Lucy, I agree totally with those words and ordered their uniforms disposed of. To be honest I am enjoying shopping for the two of them. In fact I was thinking of going to the toy department to get them each a doll. First we will have that snack Grandma Anna wanted to have.”

Lucy said as they were eating, "Anna we will all call you Grandma and you can refer to me as Lucy now as to Captain Swen I like him so Grandpa Willie what is the top man called who is in charge of ships? I think Captain Swen should get the job and anytime I need to sail he can drive my ship.”

Nicholas smiled, "That is easy to arrange all we need to know was do you mean all our ships merchant and navy? Or just our merchant fleets?”

“Uncle Nicholas you know jolly well after Grandpa you two is in command of all my armed forces. I doubt very much that Captain Swen wants to be back in the navy. Captain Swen shall be promoted to Marshal of our merchant fleets.

Nicholas corrected Lucy and said, "Admiral of the merchant fleets is the correct name Lucy."

"OK but I expect Captain Swen to be informed of his promotion before the end of the day and, that he is to be my personal driver.”

Lucinda, "She may be only four but she will be making quite a few decisions herself."

“I need to refill the helicopter before we return to the ship. So I will have to call at the military base to refill.”

up
66 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos