William Church and the Scandinavia Trip chapter 4

Printer-friendly version


William Church and the Scandinavia Trip
By Sharphawlad

Chapter 4 A cry for Help.

Angela, "Well I better show you around the town. It is relatively small."

A young girl ran up to Lynn and tugged on her skirt. "Mummy, Mummy." She pulled at William, "I think she wants us to come with her."

The child took hold of William's hand, "Please Help Mummy." They found a young woman unconscious on the floor.

Angela, "There is no doctor on the island but there is one on the cruise ship." Angela dialled a number and before long several men arrived in an ambulance.

The ship doctor, "I will have to take the lady back to the ship, & I should be able to sort her out before we get to Oslo."

William picked the child up and said, "I think we had better pack you a case and one for your mummy." "You will have to come with us until your mummy gets better."

The child took hold of Angela’s hand and said, "Will you all look after me while mummy is sick?"

Lynn, "We cannot leave you here alone can we?" "Mummy will get well soon and then you can come home again." Will you show me where your and mummy clothes are. Angela and Lynn packed the cases. Angela whispered they do not appear to have much do they?

William, "Lynn I think we can do some thing about the child."

Lynn laughed and said, "You old softy, I though do agree with you she will need some things while on the ship."

The Captain came to see William. William said, "The child will stay with us while her mother recovers. How is she doing?"

"We will off load her in Oslo and then she will be sent to the Queen Margaret hospital."

Angela, “All three of us will act as the child's guardians while her mother is ill."

Lynn, “William told me how Kirsten and you had pretended to be sisters back in Tunisia."

"Sorry about that but we always pretended to be sisters and spent out holidays together. "Kirsten is Danish & I am Swedish but we are first cousins."

Lynn, "It must be some job you have that you can clear your diary to be with us."

"Well I did miss my boat and this was the next available ship. It is better being on here than waiting for the next actual sailing, to be honest we all use the cruise ships as ferry if we have to."

The steward brought some clothing to the cabin. "Madame we guessed at the sizes but hope these will do for our young guest."

The young girl ran across and gave him a kiss. Mummy usually washed my things at night and they were dry in the morning."

Angela, "Lucy we have had to sign some documents to say we will look after you while mummy is sick."

William, “Angela Bonhomie is Danish and as such a member of the EEC. Well I was wondering, It is obvious to us both child and mother need help & while we are not well off we apparently have far more than she does. Perhaps we could arrange for the two of them to come and stay with us. We have a spare room as our daughter has now bought her own home."

Angela, "I think I can arrange transport for the two of them and as I am the third guardian I will arrange too send you both a little something to cover costs."

The child spoke, "Mummy worked for the queen but she has not been well and we will lose the house now."

William, "Did you say the queen?"

"Mummy got this job to keep the house clean but has never told them she has me. Grandma & Grandpa both died and now mummy has only me? Mummy has to work a month before she gets paid and so until then we do not have much."

The doctor called, “I have called for a helicopter as she is in need of surgery that I can not perform." A helicopter hovered over the ship and then landed on the deck.

Angela, "They are taking your mummy to hospital now. I will have to go and speak with the Captain about your Mummy."

The child burst out crying and said, "Mummy is going to lose her job because she is sick."

Angela, “Captain I need to make a call to my cousin Olga. Hi Olga we had a slight problem on Bonhomie. We picked a mother and child up. The Mother has been admitted to Oslo General & William, Lynn & I have the child and become her legal guardians. I need to tell you because the mother must have recently started working for you and I doubt that you know about the child. Somebody needs to go across and check both houses out."

"OK Angela One of the housekeepers is going across and closing down. I have instructed her to bring back any of the maids belongings."

A short while later the Steward came and said, "Madame you are wanted in the Captains Cabin." Angela went & the captain handed the telephone over. He left Angela to speak.

Olga spoke, "The Housekeeper did not realise there was a child or she would have thought twice before sending her to Bonhomie. Apparently she is fleeing an abusive relationship."

Angela, “I have a suggestion if you agree. William & His wife Lynn have agreed to give the two of them a home."

Olga, "Can you have a passport photo of the child and I will have one for the mother ready when the ship pulls in to Oslo."

The child was telling the other passengers she was on holiday with her Grandpa & Nana. Angela went to the phone again and spoke. "Olga that problem we have the child has solved it she is calling herself Lucy Church and she is on holiday with her grandparents."

"OK Angela the two of them will have British documentation & show the mother as a twin will that do? I will arrange for the child to have me and you as god mothers and her mother to have a pension as I have just been told she should not work ever again."

When the ship pulled into Oslo the child said "Grandpa can we visit mummy?" William & Lynn took a taxi to the hospital & found the mother sat up & she almost fainted when she saw Angela.

up
97 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wonder if the mum is indeed a

Wonder if the mum is indeed a twin or the very least another sister of Angela that she knew nothing about?