William Church and the Scandinavia Trip chapter 27

Printer-friendly version


William Church and the Scandinavia Trip
by Sharphawlad

Chapter 27. Coronation in St. Petersburg.
In-groups they all departed in Black Russian cars. Eventually all had gone but Lucy, Wilma, Alexis & Willie. Grandpa Willie as you are my top man you had better hold my hand and Grandma Wilma & Cousin Alexis can walk behind us. Will Fiona and the other little ones be waiting for us as I do not want to go ahead if they are not?"

Alexis. "Markus will walk you down the aisle and all your flower girls will follow you."

"I want everybody to know Markus is mine. He has played with me for as long as I can remember. Long before mum was taken ill. Will Marie's friend be going to the same school as us and will Marie's little dog becoming to live with us?”

Astrid and Cleo. "Questions, Questions, Questions. Well we live at the Castle some of the time and the remainder we live in the country with our friends. We happen to know Your Grandpa Willie has bought the old convent near to where you are to live and he is having it demolished and rebuilt to his specifications. We also know the builders who are doing the work on both houses." Before they could answer any more questions they heard the music playing of the great organ.

Alexis, "I and the other queens have to go in now as has Grandpa Willie. All your attendants are waiting for you." With that she was gone

Wilma was still there though. "I have to walk in front of you Lucy".

"No Gran Wilma you hold my other hand and then I know I am safe with you and Markus".

Nicholas smiled as he saw Lucy holding on to Wilma’s hand. Nicholas pointed to a chair and asked Wilma to sit in it Lucy looked around and then scrambled on to her Gran’s knees.

The Russian Orthodox priest asked if Wilma still agreed to be a regent with the other queens for Lucy."

"I promised that I and the other Regents will look after Lucy until her coming of age."

The Archbishop, "In that case you had better be Zarina Wilma and Grand Duchess. Now you young lady agree to be our Zarina Designate and once you are 21 take on the full duties of a Zarina of Russia?

"I do sir and I want the entire world to know Markus is mine."

"Do you Markus Duke of Brandenburg agree to take the Zarina Lucy as your future wife?"

“Sir both Lucy and I know we are made for each other and once she is old enough we will say our vows until that time I am happy to be engaged to her."

The arch bishop spoke, "Under British or German rules that is impossible however under Russian rules a under age Zarina may elect to marry a male of her choice provided he agrees to take on the Zairian’s surname."

Markus looked at Lucy, "In a way it might be better as people will think I am your big brother. Sir if you can arrange it both my sibling and me will take on the same surname as Lucy.

In that case I have no problem of calling you and Lucy, Zarina & Prince consort Markus.

The peoples of the recently united Germany have also asked me if I will pose you similar questions. This time I need your grandpa WILLIE here as well.”

"Do you Wilhelm agree to be Kaiser of all Germany and rule wisely as regent with a team of other monarchs until Lucy comes of age and confirms her vows for both countries in the Bavarian capital city of Munich?"

"I agree to take on all those duties and responsibilities that my grand father before me took on. Lucy already has made many decisions for herself and I will try and counsel her as best I can."

“Now can I have those who are to be part of the team of Regents for Zarina Lucy Empress of all Germany and Queen of Finland, Crown Princess of Denmark & Bavaria?

Elizabeth spoke, "As you all know these last few years have been a very trying time for me with the terrorist explosion that took out my family. At 86 I had to continue on regardless. What some of you will not realise was I had to have a successor, and so I had to get the royal genealogist to look at the remaining Royal lines. Likewise the Greeks have decided to re establish their monarchy and wanted help. We agreed we would both have the same person.

The result came as a surprise to me and I thought I better check it out and so I went to visit my cousin Helga of Denmark who was on a cruise with several other queens. It soon became apparent to me my source was correct and that we had found my successor. I hope to go on for a few more years yet. I have to be prepared for the inevitable. But I would like to know my throne is in safe hands. From what I have already seen my successor will have no problem other than she will be queen or Empress to far more countries than I ever was.”

“It soon became apparent that the grand daughter of Helga had the best claim but she is only four years old. Rather than have one regent each country has decided to select an official Regent as you can see Willie & Wilma are two of the group. I represent the British Commonwealth, Olga has agreed to represent Norway and Finland while Renate has agreed to represent Bavaria & Greece and of course Helga Denmark, as Lucy is already Crown Princess there. We also have the archbishop of Finland, Prince Louie Battenberg, Prince Nicholas Romanoff, and Princess Robyn of Brandenburg, Princess Margarita of Hess & Prince George of Hess. Princess Della Romanoff & Princess Glenda of Bavaria will be also be part of the team of regents.

After the service they all headed to the palace where a grand ball took place. Lucy went across to Alexis. "Please I know you are Astrid’s and Cleo's mum & you must be sister to Renate. Why has she chosen me as her heir when she already has you and Glenda?”

Alexis smiled, "Lucy yes I am & you realised that but others do not all they see is Renate. When they look at you they all see a young girl. We know differently. Come take my hand and I will show you something."

up
110 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

With the exception that it

With the exception that it looks like western powers countries only, it could be inferred that Lucy is slowly becoming empress of the world. Pretty heady for a four year old to take in.