Alex & Chris Chapter 58

Printer-friendly version


Alex & Chris
By Sharphawlad

Chapter 58 Talking Tortoise

Astrol, “Mum the Giant Tortoise spoke to us.”

And she said, “Bring my children to me so we took all the tortoises that had been recovered from the fire.”

Draco, “I would like to see the giant Tortoise.” Alexis and the others went to the paddock.

The giant tortoise, “Greetings Lord Draco, I thank your children for their help in recovering my family.”

Endora, “I did not expect to see you still a tortoise. I thought by now you would have freed yourself from that curse.”

“Endora as you can see I am not the fastest at travelling. Now Lord Draco is here perhaps he can help me get free.”

Alexis brought out the Dragon sceptre, “This can break any curse.”

“Sorry love I can hear you but not see you, I recognised Lord Draco with his smell.”

Endora, “Alexis this is our sister Candara. She was always getting herself in silly situations.”

“I lost my wand and so cannot turn myself back to normal.”

Astrid notices a hazel twig sticking out from near a rear leg. “Mother look what I can see.”

Alexis removes the wand and snaps it in half. As she did so Candora started to revert to normal.

“That is better I can see clearly who was talking to me. Lord Draco you still looks as young as when I first saw you. Are my sisters about? Ah Endora & Andorra I see you are also still young. I must be going strange because I though considerable time had gone by.”

“Draco have you seen a golden dragon around here. I need it to bring all my children back to normal. Sorry Endora did you say something my eyes and hearing are not what they once were.”

Candora looked at Alexis, “There is no mistaking whose family you belong to. Those eyes give you away. I take it those little ones I spoke to are yours?”

“Well they are some of my children.”

“I chose the correct ones to speak too then although I could not see them.”

Candora looked around. “I can see clearly now all I now need is the little ones restored.”

Astrid brought a chair; You may need to sit until you get use to your new centre of balance. It was my sisters who washed and cleaned the baby tortoises. I was busy helping with the birds. We had a big owl to sort out.”

Candara, “That would have been one of my sisters either Endora or Andorra.” Candara recognised some of the other children. “I used to live in your garden and you would come and play with me.”

Astrid, “I see you have lots of cuts and bruises. We can heal those for you. Right sisters we do this correctly.”

A pink ball each they all threw pink balls at Candara. Candara appeared to absorb them all. “Might me I did not realise I was surrounded by lots of little dragons.”

Astrid. “All the children can produce a small amount of dragon fire. You need mum or her sisters if you wish a lot.”

Candara, “It appears that little one such as you can regenerate even oldies like me.”

Cleo, “Will you be joining your sisters Endora & Andorra or will you now be joining one of the other groups.”

Candara got up and walked across to Alexis. “Sorry I have lost my wand so I cannot hand it over. Most of those you see in the paddock will be my children. I have lots of children around the globe. Regardless of how many there are I am responsible for them all.”

Alexis pointed her sceptre at the sky “Winds North; East South & West bring all the remaining children of Candara here.” The next second there was a multitude of Tortoises deposited in the paddock.

Candara, “O dear I did not realise I had so many children”.

Draco was laughing away, “I presume you wish all these to be released?”

Candara thought about them. “The biggest will be my older daughters.” A blue light left Alexis and hit all the large tortoises.

“Thank you,” said a voice; “I am Lenora my mother tends to forget who is who. I ask for permission for my sisters and I to join our cousins in the golden flight and all that it entails.”

Angela & Chris looked at each other, “Well can they join our club?”

Alexis, “Well we cannot permit them to go roaming round the planet can we.” The young women all lined up.

Astrid, “Are there anymore of your sisters among those we have not released?”

Cleo pointed what looked like a hand held scanner at them all, “They are barely discernible. This though will tell us which their sisters are. Mum can you bounce the flame off me while I walk round these.”

As Astrid walked around with Cleo several young girls appeared. They all ran to Astrid, “Can we join your club?”

Astrid looked at them, “Well you are far too young to join the oldies yet.”

Even after this batch had been released there was still quite a lot to release.

“Sisters it appears some of these could be our children or Grand children.”

Candara thought, “Empress Valerie, Have I permission to be branded as Duchess Candara. My daughters are all princesses in their own right and so their offspring should bear their mark.”

A second or two later there was a few ouches and the females rubbed their wrists.

Alexis, “Even the Tortoises will have a mark. Children now can you sort out the different groups according to their mothers mark.”

Astrid, “Mum there are some without marks what do we do with them?”

“All those without marks you can put back in the paddock for now, but we will take good care of them as they could still be family we have not recovered yet.”

Alexis pointed her wand again, “Winds, North, South East and West search the entire planet once more for more of the enchanted family of Candara, and bring any more you find here.”

Alexis, “It appears that some of you are prolific breeders. I will start with those who have only a few children. A short while later the mothers were collecting several babies from the ground. Now what to do with the remainder of you. You all appear to be prolific breeders.

Candara spoke up; “Some of my daughters appear to have 50 or more children. I do not know how we are going to cope with so many.”

Jade stood with Astrid and blew a whistle, Astrid spoke, “Most of you are under 16 and so automatically in my team. I am Astrid and this is my badge. As I will have difficulty remembering so many new sisters you may approach me and receive your golden badge with your name on it. The badge has to be worn at all times. After you have got your badges we will go and play in the pool.”

As two more Tortoises landed there was an audible “Ouch I wonder where that wind has dropped us. We are no longer in the Zoo that is to be sure. Mother look there are some little ones here.”

Alexis walked over to the two of them, “I know you both can talk so you can tell me who you are, and where you have come from?”

“Believe it or not a great wind picked us both up from the Zoo known as Flamingo land and deposited us here. We somehow got transformed into giant tortoises and have been like this ever since. This is my eldest daughter Isis, & I am Cleopatra eldest daughter of Candara. By any chance do you know where my mother is and then perhaps she can break the spell on us?”

“I do know where your mother and sisters are but at the moment they cannot help you, however I can as you have been so good to give me your names. Let the children of Isis and Cleopatra be branded with their mark and be human again.”

A few seconds later the remaining tortoises all jumped in the air and said, “Ouch that hurt more than when we got caught by the fire and those dragons picked us up and brought us here. We all thought we were going to be a tasty snack for the dragons. Until the children all cleaned us up and put us in the paddock, then we realised we were safe. We saw there was a big tortoise in the paddock but it had the wrong smell so we did not speak to it. You smell like the children, who looked after us, so you must be their mother or sister. Thank you for freeing us.”

Cleopatra curtsied, “There is only one who could free us like that and brand us at the same time. Do I have the pleasure of being released by the Queen of all, The Golden one?”

Alexis held her hand out, “I am Alexis a daughter of Draco and grand Daughter of Titania and Tatiana. I also go by many other names and titles. You where correct the children are mine and your younger sisters and cousins are already playing with my daughters.”

Candara appeared, “I have been in discussion with my sisters and they feel I should be placed in Lord Arran's and Snows group as they are the senior here. However most off my youngest daughters and granddaughters have already gone with Astrid. I think the children of Cleopatra & Isis should also join their cousins.”

“Woo mother you are not dictating who my children play with or who they consort with and neither will I. They will be allowed to choose their own friends. As for my daughter and I have already decided we wish to become one with the young lady who released us from your spell. Personally I think you should re sit your tests as it was due to your mistake we all got transformed. Certainly you should not be allowed another wand until then and I will personally ask the lady Galadriel not to issue another one until you have proved you are competent to have one.”

“Draco I presume you heard all my daughter and granddaughter said, as she spoke some very fluffy chicks came running up to Alexis. Then they went across to all the youngsters still in the paddock.

Alexis, “They have come for their cousins to play with them. They are full of energy so they will probably tire you all out. They wanted to be the first to greet you and asked me if I would give you your badges so you can go to play with them. So there is no argument everybody here wears one and you are not allowed to play with anybody who is not wearing one.”

One girl raised her hand, “Please may I speak for us all. We would like to personally thank the dragons for saving us from being cooked by the fire.”

Yellow, “You have already thanked the dragons. Whilst not all those who brought you in are here some of us are and so your thanks is very much appreciated. What we did we would have done for anybody trapped by the fire. Initially we did not realise you all where family until Candara spoke to the children and said bring my children to me. Then for sure we knew we did not just have normal Tortoises.”

One by one the girls came and collected their badges, One said, “Please Dragon queen can I play with the one called Astrid as I want her to show me how to make pink balls.”

Alexis, “Chicks you heard that so perhaps you will take them to your sister Astrid and then you all can play together with your new sisters.” A very happy group of children ran off together to play.

Isis, “Alexis why did you refer to all our children as your children?”

Yellow replied, “I am one of Alexis dragon sisters, she has many companions. Some are Fay some Dragon & some human or apparently human. Some can shape shift as you can hence the chicks. All the children regardless of who is the birth mother will become Alexis’s children. Astrid though is more than a child as are her two sisters.”

Cleopatra, “As you will have realised all my children and those of Isis are named after either Egyptian gods or queens. Neither of us ever managed to produce Ra or any other male. I think though Ra has found me regardless of how feminine he looks. So will you take me as your partner, and protect me along with all my children and grand children for all eternity Alexis, Ra, Golden Empress or whatever name you choose to use.”

“Mother do you realise what you are doing, I agree being united with Alexis will protect us from Grandma Candara. However there is no way Alexis can be Ra. Why if Alexis was and I did this I would have more in me than when I first kissed her.”

Initially Isis did not realise she was floating with Alexis. “Sorry mum was correct & I now carry the children of Ra. For all that I would like to do that all again.”

Draco, “Cleopatra, Isis is making sure she will be having children for a long time to come. I would recommend you follow suit. By doing so you both will have united your families with mine. Neither of you knew who previously impregnated you as tortoises. Now it does not matter as all of Isis children have Alexis’s genes running through them.

Cleopatra instead said, “Draco I always wanted to do this so while I do want to become a companion of Alexis I also have wanted to do this with you.” Isis and Alexis watched as the two floated together. Cleopatra took a breather and then embraced Draco.

Candara came and saw them and said, “Those two will be like that for hours yet. I knew she always liked Draco.”

Astrid came in, “Oh grandpa has another mate and I will be getting lots more sisters to play with.”

Candara looked puzzled and Astrid said, “Cleopatra is now a Queen mum as you are a granny Queen because you chose to live with Snow and Arran”.

Another child joined Astrid, “Astrid I have been told there is another Cleo around here and I have come looking for her.”

“Hello are you looking for me? I also get Cleo.”

“Oh I was expecting a young girl and I came to see if you wanted to play with me?”

“Well I liked to play with water pistols when I was your age, but these days all my sisters do not want to have water fights with me. So if you do not mind getting wet I will play with you.”

Little Cleo, “Grandpa Draco are you coming to get wet as well, Astrid tells me you like nothing better than a water fight. Well this little kitten is challenging you to one. “

“Yes kitten I will play with you, as it appears I will soon be having some more kittens of my own. So I had better get used to playing with children again.

Big Cleo, “I was wondering if you could show me how you produce the pink balls? I saw you playing with a while ago.”

“Granny Cleo that is easy even I can do that. Astrid taught me she is good at teaching me.”

“Perhaps Astrid will teach me and then I can throw some in the water near my sisters and they will get wet.”

“We have not to throw them at people unless they tell us to. Uncle Rombald can catch them and then he will send them all up unto the sky and it makes a super display. If Alexis catches them then a column of fire appears and we can all throw our little balls into the fire and they shoot out like rockets.

Cleopatra's face went white when little Cleo mentioned the column of fire. “Sorry Granny Cleo it must have been very scary for you all in the fire.”

“Little Cleo my daughter Isis and I got brought here by the winds from a zoo. At first I thought it was accidental that we arrived here. Now though I think we were summoned. You little Cleo are very privileged if you have seen the dragon column. That is something I have heard about, but never seen. I do know that only the most powerful of all dragons can perform that. I have loved Draco for as long as I can remember. That is why I chose to live with Draco. Now I think I have erred in a big way.”

“You are silly Grandma Cleo; look even I can make a column. It is small and will only take small balls. Watch what happens when I throw my fire balls.”

“But that should not be. A young child such as you should not be able to do that. I can do many things, as you will be able to. I have not fully mastered all of this so I ask Grandpa Draco to standby.”

Little Cleo started to give a demonstration on how to fly. “This is my first solo flight.” Big Cleo started to clap, “You must be a fast learner because I was informed you had only just arrived a day or two ago. Yet you performed that manoeuvre perfectly. I doubt that Gabriel or any of the host could have done any better than that. I think I will have to book you to teach me.”

Draco, “Cleopatra just because you wish to be with me does not stop what you initially said.

Candara curtsied, “I think I understand. I was stuck in the form of a tortoise due to my stupidity and unfortunately I also managed to transform all my daughters and their children. I could understand all that was said. I realised the day of deliverance was at hand when I saw Astrid teach the others how to make dragon fire. What they made they should not have been able to unless they where the children of a dragon queen.”

Little Cleo looked at her namesake, “I will have to call you Big Cleo in future as you are growing younger.”

Draco started to laugh, “Cleopatra that can only be happening so quickly because of one reason. You may have embraced me but you must have already had a golden flight inside you.”

Little Cleo spoke, “Who or what do you think brought you here? Mummy Alexis commanded the winds to bring you. Do you not realise Mummy Alexis is the winds? Like she is Astrid and I. Shall I make myself big so you can see? Now in this form I can create the full column. See it is ready for the children.” Astrid appeared with another kitten and started to laugh.

Alexi, “Cleopatra your face was a picture as I changed to an adult. Sorry you have been the victim of a practical joke. This is no joke though and the children will demonstrate what they can actually do.”

“But it this is you then who is that, who appears to look like you?”

“This Cleopatra is my sister Alison, Alison lets show Cleopatra what we can do? A short while later they both merged as one. Astrid grabbed little Cleo and they went and did the same as Alison.

“Where did they go?”

Cleopatra clearly heard little Cleo speak to her but could not see her. “It is nice here, you should give it a try big Cleo and join us. We have all become one with Alexis.”

Isis, “Well I am going to give it a try as Alexis would not have given me my own flight if she intended to harm me.”

Cleopatra, “We got caught together and placed in the zoo together. Then we both got brought here together. As it is now I almost look like your sister rather than being your mother. So we will do it together.”

up
52 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos