Alex & Chris Chapter 36

Printer-friendly version


Alex & Chris
By Sharphawlad

Chapter 36 The children of Poseidon

“Triton you think she has gills but cannot swim?”

“She should not be but she is and I am not responsible.”

“Triton have you any sons who might be responsible.”

“No only Poseidon & he lives his life as a porpoise.” Later that evening Alexis got an email about the work Triton commissioned.

“Triton it appears she is telling the truth both her parents are dead and they worked with dolphins. Her former partner is a nasty piece of work so I have ordered a full investigation of him as for the young woman perhaps it would be safer is she is brought up here now.”

“Alexis leave this to me and Arran,” said Snow. “It is time I paid for my keep.” When they got down to the village they saw two men attempting to abduct a woman from the house.

“Oh you two leave her alone.” At the sight of two men charging towards them they fled to an awaiting car. “Madame are you ok we came down because Alexis feared for your safety.”

“They work for my ex-partner & would have killed me to get their hands on the girls.”

Snow went to a hidey hole, “Come on out your friends at the manor are waiting to give you a swimming lesson.”

Arran, “Excuse me please I will go and check where the car goes.” Unseen by the woman Arran took off and followed the car. Some of the birds of the air followed.

Arran, “Fear not feathered friends I am not hunting you. I am following those men in the car. They tried to hurt a friend of the Empress.”

“If you are on a mission for the Empress then we will all help you. Look they have stopped and are attacking another girl.”

Arran made a quick decision and went into a dive. With his talons he snatched the girl who was petrified. “Lord Arran do you wish us all to pursue the car?”

“Yes and if they try that again send the falcon squadron in.”

“I will be back as soon as I can with some of the winged warriors.”

“Lord Arran this indeed is an honour if you bring the winged warriors.”

“Robin stand on my head and come with us to the palace.” “I must take this female to the palace and I need you with me to tell the Empress what happened.”

Meanwhile Snow had got the female to Alexis’s home. Alexis we are here but Triton friend and daughters are in need of protection. Somebody tried to abduct her. They ran off when they saw Arran and me. Arran has gone into hunting mode.”

Arran shouted help. “I followed the car and they tried to snatch this girl. I dived down and snatched her off them but she is in shock from being grabbed.”

“Mistress what Lord Arran has said is correct. They are not nice men. She was nice to me and fed me. She has two of her own in her nest. They will be expecting their mummy home soon.”

Lord Snow would you accompany Lord Arran & the senior flight to observe and find out where those men are going.”

“Alexis I gave instructions to the birds I was following your orders and would not harm them. I also told the Falcon flight to go into attack mode if the men tried to attack anybody else.”

Helen looked at the girl, “She is ok but is like the other one.”

Alexis, “Robin you will show the royal flight where the nest is. Astrid I want you along also”.

“Triton take the limo and follow us. For the moment Triton you are watching mode only, but I fear they may have already incurred the wrath of somebody else.”

It did not take long for them to find the house and the men were searching it. The robin said, “See over there the children are coming home and the men will grab them.”

“Oh no they will not.” said Alexis “Astrid time for you to do your stuff.”

“Hello can you help me I am looking for a house around here. I and my mummy have to find two girls and tell them their mummy has been hurt. This is my mummy. Some naughty men have broken into your house and hurt your mummy so I have come to collect you.”

Triton, “I have the limo for the girls.”

“Did the porpoise send you?”

Triton, “Tell me girls you say the porpoise protects you.”

“Yes he talks to us and says he must protect the children of the children of Poseidon. We do not understand sir.”

“I understand full well now. Go with Alexis and Astrid you will be safe.”

Triton was fuming. He fired his thunderbolt at the car and it blew up. The two noticed a mad man apparently aiming a Rocket launcher at the house.

“What have we got into? It was supposed to be a simple grab the women and children. He is never going to believe us when we tell him two incredible hulks attacked us and rescued the first woman. Then an eagle swoops down and grabs the second woman off us. Wonder what happened to the second lot of children as they did not turn up.”

They got over the hill and there was a massive boom. “Bloody Hell he has blown the entire house to bits and it looks like a spring has formed. Let’s get away as fast as we can as he will be after us if he thinks we have escaped.” They managed to get to their employer house. At least we are safe now the mad man has not followed us. Even if he blows his top at us he will not be firing rockets at us here.”

Meanwhile Triton had calmed down and realised he had destroyed the woman’s house completely. He went to inspect the damage.

Snow, “Do not worry we removed most of the stuff before they found the house and in fact we have moved it to the manor along with the other females. Arran has placed a watch on them and if there is movement then we shall be alerted.”

One of the men looked out of the window, “Do you remember the film the birds well look out there are many different sorts all resting on the telephone wires.”

“Nonsense you are just seeing things after today’s happening.”

“You may think it is rubbish but I am going across to the church to pray and if there is a god to ask for forgiveness for my sins.”

“That is the daffiest idea out but if it keeps you happy.”

He walked across the short distance to the church. “Dear lord I am here because I am a sinner. I have done things I am not proud of. Today my partner and I were asked to kidnap two women and their children. The first was rescued by two incredible hulks and the second by the largest eagle I have ever seen, and then a mad man blew up our car and then the house we were in. I think it is time I went straight and perhaps if you are willing take holy orders. I can see the birds massing for an attack. I alone have realised you must have those ladies under your protection. Why else would you send an angel or whatever it was to snatch the woman from our grasp? I feel better for talking with you lord. It is a long time since I talked with you. I know I cannot go back to the others.” Perhaps I can use the first woman’s house as I do not expect she will be there now. If I do that though those two might see me.”

“Dear Living lord what should I do. I allowed myself to be talked into this and now I am scared. To be honest I am petrified.”

Snow entered the building and spoke, “Come with me and I promise you will be safe unlike your friends your prayers have been answered.”

“I was right the girls are protected by angels. If it is the lord’s command then I will come with your angel.”

Snow, “If you broke into the house you would have been torn limb from limb. My son does not take kindly to his grand children being harmed. You saw him lose his temper I believe. The mistress will ultimately decide your fate. I promise it will be less harsh for you because you repented of your sins.”

He crossed himself in front of the cross and said, “Thank you lord for this chance to redeem myself.”

Snow, “Now please before they come looking. The car is outside. No need for restraints.”

“Ok which car? Oh I remember seeing that before. I saw it the night of the strange lights.”

The man got into the car and noticed it was full of females. “You where saying you saw strange lights.”

“Yes I have two small dogs and took them on the moor at night. I saw the limo that night when it stopped but I was going in the other direction. I presumed it was a young couple having a special night. It was just before the car stopped I saw the lights. It was amassing long pulses and short pulses. Then there was a multitude of lights in the sky as if all the angels in heaven had replied.”

“I take it you are religious then?”

“I was but of lately I have been missing. The birds where the final straw for me. Too many of different species sitting side by side. Some of them are mortal enemies. They would not do that unless commanded to by a higher power. If the birds take notice then so should I.”

Snow, “Your friend will he also come to the church?”

“He has a mobile and I will ring it if I had a phone.”

Snow handed him a phone, “Get him across to the church.”

“Frank it is me I need you across here now. Frank if you do not come across you will miss out on a great deal. I have been offered the deal of a life time.”

Frank decided to leave the house and go across to the church.

Draco. “You also decided to repent I see. Your friend did you a great favour asking you to come here. Do not try anything for my feathered friends would not like it. So long as you are with me you are safe.”

“Now tell me honestly what do your bosses want with the females?”

“I honestly do not know all we were asked to do was bring both women and children to this address and we would be paid £9,000 for each family. Neither of us expected anything like what happened. I am sorry we roughed up the first girl she did not deserve it. The second woman was grabbed by a massive eagle. I suppose she is feeding the eagles chicks by now. Come to think of it I did not realise we had such big birds in this country.”

“Before we go am I allowed to say a prayer?”

“You may.”

“Mother Mary I am a miserable sinner & I repent of all my sins. Please mother Mary intercede with the lord on my behalf. I could say I only did it for the money which is true. I could have earned a similar amount honestly. I have no real excuse for what we did. I even persuaded my friend to come along but it was not his thing.”

Back at the manor the first kidnapper had been fed and was fast asleep. Alexis turned to the two women and children, “It is time for a few home truths girls.”

Triton, “Alexis these two young ladies appear to be sisters and my wife and I have decided to adopt them as our daughters. I have an idea what has happened so please let me continue. There was this young couple very much in love and they both worked with dolphins & porpoises. They got married and where never separated. They found they could not conceive and then one day something happened and the girl conceived and gave birth to two daughters. Each of the daughters had a strange growth behind their ears but other than that they appeared normal.”

Triton, “Am I correct so far? One of the sea creatures was always protective of the female and her children.”

One of the little girls, “Even when we went on holiday to Spain He was there for us.”

Triton, “Are you sure It was a boy Dolphin?”

“Silly we said a boy porpoise we will have to teach you the difference. Our mums always made us wear a special costume so the salt water did not damage our skin. The man both our mums went out with him but he is not nice. He made promises to both of them. We sort of persuaded mum to ask for swimming lessons. To be telling the truth we were told to come here and find an old man with a beard. Mum thought it was a silly dream, but we came & you where here.”

The other two spoke.” Astrid we also knew you spoke the truth as we had dream that you would come to help us. We all keep getting silly dreams, Oceanus, Nautilus, Poseidon and Neptune the king of the sea are but a few of the names we have sent to us to watch out for.” Lately we have all had stranger dreams. In our dream we all get told the Queen who is not a queen shall come. Then we get told the great queen of the seas shall on land walk and air fly. All shall her subjects be.
The greatest of Queens shall long distances come to be her attendants. We all had similar dreams like the night of the shooting stars.”

Helen, “Alexis I did the medical reports as requested. It would appear all of them have the same affliction and I noticed webbing between the toes and fingers.”

“We keep having it cut but it always grows back.”

One of the young women started to cry, “We are freaks of nature. All six of us are part fish. That is what our ex-partner wants us for to carry out espionage work for him that he can sell to the highest bidder.”

Alexis, “Neptune sit and stay calm. Your daughter’s dreams are remarkably correct. I am Alexis Middleham to the general population. I though have many different names and titles, as does my Uncle who befriended you. Now stop crying it looks like both of you will be staying here and the girls all taking swimming lessons from the experts. As to school I feel it would be safer if the children attended our own private school. Now as to you two we have need of a receptionist and sales girl in the shop can you both do that? Now as you are working for me the first is to change your legal status.”

The first signed without reading the second read every page and then dropped to her knees in front of Triton. “Are you really who it says in the document?”

Linda & Linze, “Look at us and tell us what you see. We are his daughters and most likely you are our nieces but as the document says. Father wishes to adopt you as his daughters & Granddaughters.”

“Mum just sign for Astrid and the others tell me Grandpa is a pussy cat with the children.”

“There are just a few more documents to sign.” The two women noticed more females entering the room and then lots of children.

Neptune spoke “Will the four youngest step forward I have some gifts. I had these special suits made for you like all the others wear. I also have a bracelet for each of you. Once it goes on it stays on.”

“Cool it has a girl like us with tail ops.”

Neptune, “The suits are so you can go in the pool during the daytime at night there is no need to wear them.”

The second sister, “I am getting like a message. Greetings Golden one thanks you for saving my daughters. One day I hope to greet you in person tell father until that day he must treat my daughters as his own. Daughters like my sisters Linda & Linze and the others father has not mentioned you also must be united with the golden one. At the moment she is your chief protector. My grand daughters are in regular contact with me. Empress Alexis I and my companions vow to be your servants for all eternity.”

Neptune smiled, “I doubt that he will be long before he returns from his travels.”

“Did my voice suddenly change or was I imagining that I was talking in a masculine voice.”

Neptune, “No you did not imagine it. That was the voice of your true father my son Poseidon.”

“So if you are the sea lord then who is Alexis?”

One of the children, “Mum you never listen.” “Alexis is your boss and friend in more ways than one. Grand father has given you two to the Golden one. That means to be precise the Golden Empress and you two have just become her companions like others before you.”

Alexis, “We are all going to the pool. I want to prove something to you Triton can you stay here with Rombald, Snow & Arran. I need to give a slight demonstration.” Alexis got in the pool.

“Linda & Linze would you care to show your sisters how to embrace me.”

“Alexis if we do you know what that means?”

Alexis, “You both have tails and it is time for you both.”

“Of course we are Neptune’s daughters. We must do our duty. Come sisters you have much to learn.”

One of the sisters jumped in still clothed. “I have always been scared of exposing this and that is why I had special suits made for the girls so they could play.”

Alexis, “Stop you need to know more. Linda & Linze are both to be mothers & I am the cause. If you embrace me then you will also be with child again.”

“Well all of this is weird to us but I for one am going to cement our union Empress I take you for all eternity.”

“If you are doing that sister then so am I.”

“It appears Alexis you have two more mermaids to your stable or flight or whatever a collection of mermaids is.” All of them started to play in the water.

Arran walked down with a group of others. Arran, we have brought these two for sentencing. Alex looked at the two men “I understand you both repented what should I do with you. “As you can see both adults you tried to abduct are here. Before I make my decision it may be a good idea to kiss both ladies on their lips and ask for forgiveness. To a lesser extent you also need to ask their daughters for forgiveness in the same way.”

“Please Mistress I have two small dogs at home will you send somebody to collect them.”

Arran, “The two that the children are playing with.”

Astrid came and whispered something to Alexis. “The children want the puppies to stay here.”

Arthur, “The old name for them is Fairy dogs because once they all belonged to the fairy queen and legend says if any find their way back to the fairy Queen they will tell her all they know.”

Astrid smiled. “Can we have these dogs please?”

“I am not in a position to say no. Do you promise me you will look after them all the time? They need lots of walks. I am only looking after them until the Fairy Queen comes to claim them. Can you look after them for her until she comes to claim them one day?”

At the sight of Triton they started shaking. Triton, “You are quite safe here in Alexis home. From the children I thank you for the Shelties. My children have apparently forgiven you as they accepted your kisses. Now dive into the pool and enjoy yourself.”

“That was some strange sentence. He fires rockets at us and then tells us to play in the pool. Have you looked at yourself Frank you are no bigger than the little girl who asked us for the dogs. Same you look no older than 4 or 5. Somehow we have both been changed to children. Not only children look what I have. I think the two of us better start saying our prayers quick.”

Astrid, “What are you doing now?”

“We were saying our prayers. We seem to have developed fish tails.”

“Silly we all have them in the water. Once out they will be gone. You two were lucky Snow and Arran got to you first. Had Triton got there first things might have been a lot different. Then there was no chance of that happening was there?”

Astrid, “One prayed to the living lord and the other to Mother Mary to ask forgiveness.”

“Please are we dead.” Asked Frank. “And if not where and what are we.”

“First you are not dead although Neptune does not take kindly to anybody injuring his family. I can tell you both it would have been different for one or both of you had you drawn blood.”

“We both saw him blow up our car and then the house. That spring sprung up where the house had been.”

“Please come with me and tell mum what you saw.”

“Mum Francine and Angelica have something to tell you about when they where naughty. Please when the mad man was chasing Arthur and Frank he blew up their car and then the ladies house. Then a spring shot up into the air and the whole valley started to fill with water. After that we do not know what happened as we went to the house of our boss. “

Alexis, “Angelica who told you the story about the Fairy Dogs?”

“Have you not heard it before? I could tell you allot more. I remember them all. King Neptune had several brothers and they loved nothing better than to have a good wrestle. Then there was the one about the winged lord and sisters who all went around doing good. Then there was the one about the parents of the winged ones one day got sick and during that time the winged ones abandoned their duties. Sadness swept across the winged people and darkness crept over the face of the earth.”

“Yes but who told you?”

Angelica rubbed a medallion she wore, “Nana I think I might have been a naughty girl again.”

“Hello Alexis are you having trouble.”

“Nana you came as you said you would now all will be well again.”

“Astrid would you mind taking Angelica & Francine back to the nursery.”

“Nana you will come and tell us more stories please.”

Alexis, “There is little doubt who Nana is, am I correct?”

“I was nurse to him when he was a child. He was only happy when he was dressed as he is now. I am surprised though he remembered all those stories.”

Alexis, “I take it that this is not exactly a punishment for him.”

“Had I my power then he would have been as he is now. His current memories will soon fade and seem like a dream to him. He always said, Nana will you ask the fairy Queen to make me your little girl forever. The other I presume is Frank he always looked out for Arthur and usually got him out of scrapes.”

Snow, “I know I have only just come back on the scene, but could we have those two permanently. I promised I would protect him & did not realise he wore a medallion.”

“Alexis that is where I slipped up before. So long as I have a child to care for then I keep my power. Your power can never fail you as you have a permanent Baby.”
Alexis, “Actually I did know all about Angelica I had a far better source to tell me. Would you like to see them?” Two Golden Sable shelties where brought in.

“Greetings majesties. You wish further reports on our former master? Master Arthur has many times been close to killing himself. He always has wanted to harm himself. His friend Frank saved him every time. Mr Frank would not tell you what the money was for but you can guess. Mr Frank had similar leanings but realised it would never happen. We saw them both go out dressed up at weekends. Many times has Master Arthur rubbed the charm and called for Nana. He saw your signals but did not realise the significance. We saw the response when Arthur said oh look more lights. Even if Master Arthur had the surgery as planned he would still have been unhappy. We did our best to keep him safe. May we have permission to go back and play with the children?”

Alexis, “I take it none but Miss Astrid knows you can talk. Go back and play as you are supposed to do.”

“What are you to grinning at like Cheshire cats?”

Sorry Alexis we where both thinking of something my twin once said.”

Snow, “Yes I remember well those words as if it was yesterday.”

Before they could say them and Tatiana said, “Well did my prophecy come true? No need to ask they told me what they said. Alexis they gave me another message for you. Now that two of their number have returned their sisters will also make their way here to be with you.”

Alexis, “They also talked to you.”

“They did because the recognised me as a Fay Queen like my sister. I understand congratulations are in order & Astrid on my instructions has told Arthur and Francine their former lives were only a dream. I also thought you both might like these documents that prove they are your daughters.”

Alexis noticed her hands glowing again. “Oh no not again.”

Snow, “Have you never played chicken with Dragon fire?” Throw it to me and I will pass it on lets see how long it is before the whine comes. Nine times it went round and then Alexis heard the wine and threw it into the air.”

Snow, “So currently you are nine times more powerful than all of us combined. I had intended to settle down but I realise that you need guidance.”

“So do many others who are here so with your permission we will start a special school for those who are specially gifted. Age will be no barrier. Most of us have a skill we are adept in and others are not so good so we will teach each other.”

Chris came running Alexis come and watch the television. “There has been a flash flood it has swept one house totally away and the rescue service are dragging a man out of the water.”

Triton, Not guilty I was playing with Angelica & Francine when it happened.”

The reporter then got into a helicopter, “We have been asked to rescue a man and two women who are apparently trapped on an island and the water is rising.”

Triton started to laugh. “I think Alexis we better take James limo as three more guests are about to make their appearance.” The helicopter transported all three to dry land.

“How come you all got stranded on an island?” We crossed a small stream and pitched our tent on the opposite bank when we awoke it was a raging torrent. All we can think there was a cloud burst higher up the valley.”

Alexis came across, “We saw your plight on the television and decided to drive down and see if we could offer you some refreshment.”

The reporter, “We have to be going as we are getting other reports in.”

As soon as they had gone the man and his companions all dropped to their knees. “No guesses as to whom you are Poseidon.”

“Fathers handiwork created a way for us to get here. When we arrive though I created a bit of a splash and the water went cascading over the outer the edge of the lake. Sorry I have not introduced my partners Lotte & Lena. Did you get my messages?”

“Which ones would that be?”

“About our girls are they are safe?”

“Yes they are safe?”

“As you may have guessed Lotte & Lena are the mothers. It was necessary for both of them to return to the water. I had to find two suitable bodies and identify them as my friends. Sorry about the subterfuge but it was very necessary. Even in the sea we are not safe from the seeker. He has offered bounties of £3,000 for any Mer the fishermen catch. I have discovered where his house by the sea is and I believe he may already have captured some of the younger Mer who did not know how to avoid his traps.”

Alexis, “Uncle you may deal with him once the others are rescued.”

Poseidon, “He may have the sea witches daughter among his captives if she is freed then the curse on me will be lifted.”

up
46 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos