Alex & Chris Chapter 59

Printer-friendly version


Alex & Chris
By Sharphawlad

Chapter 59 The disaster in Kashmir.

No sooner had they merged with Alexis than Angela entered the room and said, “Our help is needed again this time in Kashmir.”

Angela switched on the television so they could all see what had happened. As they watched Astrid said, “Mum, Tony has just had a telephone call asking for help from India & Pakistan as they are unable to mount a rescue operation of the size required. Tony has responded immediately and is sending help. However there is more help required than the British can give.”

A few minutes later the private line to the British Prime minister went off. This put the staff at number ten in a panic as very few had access to that number.

Alexis, “Hi Tony I thought I better have a chat with you. Will you concentrate your help to Kashmir on the major towns and my people will deal with the smaller remote villages.”

Tony immediately telephoned George, “Our Friend has just telephoned me and asked we concentrate on the major population areas. I presume you will send some help as currently we are the major player.”

George thought for a moment, “Well we do have a large aircraft carrier in the area and it has a few helicopters on board.”

Meanwhile Cleopatra and the others had separated from Alexis. Cleopatra, “I presume we are all included in the rescue operation.”

As she spoke Cleopatra noticed the Royal Leprechauns & other non-flying Fay lining up as if waiting for a train. Then she realised they were all climbing on to dragons. “I better change and join them as I was a yellow dragon before I got changed.” Cleopatra changed and stretched her wings and then found passengers were boarding her.

Rombald, “Alexis can you shrink us so we can travel and help?”

“Uncle Your brother Draco will bring you and your family, as we will need all the help we can get. A short while later down at number 10 Tony started getting reports of thousands of Dragons flying over Britain.

Tony telephoned the Palace and Elizabeth said, “She is honouring her word and will concentrate on the remote areas that you would find difficulty in getting to. So do as she suggested and concentrate on the major areas, as that is where she will be bringing those she recovers.” Tony decided to let both India & Pakistan know help was coming from a supernatural force. His call was recorded in China and immediately reported to the Chairman.

“Well if that is true we better see if they will accept our help?

A short while later he had a big grin on his face. As his offer of help was accepted by both countries. “Put a general appeal to our population and tell them our Lady and her family are all helping with the disaster that has befallen Kashmir.” The Chairman started to get telephone calls from all over China with the local governors all ringing in to find out what was needed as they had been inundated with offers of help. Transport planes and heavy lifting machinery along with medical staff & catering. A short time later heavy transport planes started arriving in Amaritsa and Lahore. These had all sorts of heavy lifting devices and bulldozers along with medical staff.

Alexis surveyed the area that had been devastated. There was not a building left standing as the Earthquake had flattened all the buildings in the villages. Astrid and little Cleo saw a child clawing at a pile of rocks.

Astrid, “I did not get to help last time but we can help her.”

Alexis, “Bring all the survivors you find here as this will be our base.”

Astrid, “Mum we have somebody trapped close by.”

Alexis, “There are lots of people like that and we have to help as many as we can. Show me where this person is trapped.” Alexis pointed her hand and the rubble moved away.

A woman and a man scrambled out and then the woman said, “Mistress have you have come for your people who lie sleeping close by? I can show you if the entrance has not been blocked, as I was the guardian for when they awoke.”
Rombald was the first to see the entrance was blocked and said, “Allow me Alexis. Come you lazy lot this is your father Rombald. I wondered what had happened to you all. Now your queen has called for all Fay to help and that includes you.”

A dwarf was first out of the cave, “Lord Rombald I have come out and the other Fay are coming as well. Which queen do you mean?”

“Oh My, Oh my, Lord Rombald you did not say, Oh, My.”

“Jasper inform that lazy bunch we have been looking after that we have been summoned by a golden flight, and speed them up. My lady I apologise for the slowness of the others.”

Astrid and Cleo decided the others were not coming out fast enough so they sent in a couple of fireballs. There was a great roar and then a second one.

“Who the hell was throwing fire at us? Oh bloody hell father with a flight of dragons.”

Rombald, “Empress This uncouth titan is my Eldest son Gloag.”

Astrid, “I suppose we better see if there are any more cousins sleeping. Our alarm clock certainly awakes giants.”

Gloag, “By any chance have you some eagles among your flight as our sisters are allergic to them?”

Alexis pointed her hand and the chicks ran in a short while later several female giants came out sneezing and said, “Jabus & Jasper why did you let the eagles assault us? Father!”

Alexis, “Your cousins have fairly speeded you up girls. Now girls & Gloag like other family members your help is needed and as you have all had a long rest you should be ready for heavy work.”

One of the females, “Sorry I do not know your name, but I recognise the shield of Thor, & only one can wear that.”

Astrid, “The chicks make me sneeze and they are my sisters. This is my Mum, Alexi’s daughter of Draco.”

“Sorry Alexi’s daughter of Draco we will help. Have you found mother and the others they are in the next valley?”

Astrid pointed her hand and the giant grew smaller. “Now you can show me where your mother and the others are, while Gloag and the others help in the rescue operation.”

The priestess, “That would be the hidden valley it was rumoured the sister of a dragon lord laid sleeping there as fire keeps coming out of the cave entrance.”

Alexis landed near the entrance and the Priestess said, “It is true see the fire is coming out of the cave.”

Cleo, “Nobody sends fire at us like that and immediately send ball after ball into the cave.”

A green dragon came out of the cave, “Who dares to wake me?”

“That would be us two as it was the only way to get your attention.” The dragon shook herself and changed to human form. As she did so she sniffed the air.

“So you have my husband and daughter with you?

Cleo, “I am a lion and a dragon some times. While Astrid is a queen and defeater of the Black flight.”

“So that idiot finally got his just desserts. I doubt though this is just a social visit as I now smell hundreds of dragons close by. Now young dragons where is your mother? As I think that she will be close by. No Queen would let her daughters to awake another unless she was close to protect them. Sorry I made a mistake, two young queens awaked me & so their mum has to be a very powerful dragon indeed. Especially as my Rombald and his brother appear to be working for her.”

Cleo, "We like to play with Rombald and the others. He is Queens Champion & one of our protectors.” Cleo launched herself at the dragon lady.

The priestess approached, “Greetings mistress I have to collect the children and ask you to accompany me to my mistress.”

It took the dragon a second or two to realise what Cleo was doing. “Apparently one of these thinks it is lunch time for a kitten.”

Astrid, “She will stay attached until she is full. You are after all a queen and she knows she can get what she wants from any queen.”

“No wonder these two thought they could take me on. I presume you must be the parent?” This brought a giggle from the girls.

Alexis said, “Chicks go and fetch your sister Cleo.” With that they clambered onto the dragon and started to tickle Cleo who said, “Stop that chicks I am comfy.” As she spoke she fell but was caught by Alexis.

Rombald, “You seem to have shrunk since we last where together or I have grown taller.”

Alexis said, “Rombald you may resume your normal self and do as I previously asked. Now I will introduce myself I am Alexis.”

“Young lady, these two seem to think it is normal to play with giants and dragons. Now I see why they think so.”

“I sent that to safety a long time ago and I see it has found a new mistress. You wear the shield of Thor well. Then as you are his daughter you should. You though are far more I smelt it but thought I was dreaming. Tell me is Lord Arran close by as well? For those chicks could have only come from his family.”

“Yes I have eagle partners along with many other Fay partners. I was not always like this I was once quite different. Now though some title me Queen of all or Golden Empress.”

The dragon started to laugh, “I hear lots of weeping and there is the stench of death all around here.”

Alexis that is why we are all here to rescue as many of the live ones as we can. Then we will recover the dead so their families can mourn for them.”

“In that case I better help as much as I can.”

Astrid, “Mum we need healers here so this queen can help me and Cleo can help you while the others bring the injured in. Flight after flight came in and everyone was kept very busy. The titans managed to unblock the roads that had been closed due to landslides. After a long and exhausting day they all took a break.

One of the dwarfs came running, “Mistress I can hear the sound of banging and explosions coming from the mountainside.”

Baby, “We have more guests arriving.” The rock face crumbled away and out came lots of Chinese people. Alexis recognised the person being carried.

The High priestess, “The chairman sent the main help to major towns. When your dragon people realised you where here yourself they dug this tunnel through the mountain to work alongside their goddess.”

“We have brought all we require with us. There are prefabricated buildings for us all. Alexis was surprised at the speed the dragon people worked.

The High priestess, “They are happy because at long last they have the honour of working directly for the goddess. This is not a government order it is the people thinking for themselves and bringing what help they can afford. As for our leaders they already know that their day is gone. The people are reverting in droves to their dragon queen.”

The Chinese looked at the titans and held out their hands, “We all work for the Empress so let’s get these buildings up.” A short time later all the prefabricated buildings where up and they took a break.

Alexis noticed the Chinese where already providing food for everybody. She looked around. “If I can remove that mountain then we would have a decent area for a runway and airport.”

Draco, “With the firepower available now you should do it easy.”

Alexis stood up Flames shot out of her hands and the Chinese all laid prostrate on the ground. A short time later the mountain was gone and in its place was a perfectly flat surface.

Astrid brought a map of the area out, “Mum we have all the living we could find. If you did what you have just done, you should be able to bore through the mountains in seconds and judging by the surface of the new airport, we could soon have a direct route to the major towns.”

Alexis looked at the maps and then pointed her hands at different points. A short while later many tunnels appeared linking all the major towns directly together. “Now we can take a rest.”

Alexis awoke to see a hive of activity as other prefabricated buildings had gone up over night.

The High Priestess, “More of your dragon people arrived during the night and brought more buildings with them. After getting a message from us the British are sending the electronic equipment for the new airport.”

Alexis noticed that there appeared to be a steady stream of trucks in all directions. She also noticed what appeared to be Chinese Guards preventing what appeared to be Tony from approaching any closer.

“Let him through. Hi Tony I appear to have some overzealous self appointed guards.”

“I think you have more than a few judging by the way their fellows reacted when they realised some from their country had already been working with the Empress. There are more prefabricated buildings going up as we speak.”

The high priestess, “Mistress we have all been working together, peoples from all your dragon countries.”

The guard saluted the High priestess, “Well are they ready now for you our Empress?”

As they approached the awaiting people Alexis heard a crying and looked at some rock. She pointed her hand and the rocks flew away they were covering a crater. There was a white woman with several children including a baby. Thank you for freeing us. I cannot give you anything because we have nothing left. I cannot even give her a meal and that is why she cried.”

Alexis spoke to the guard. “Feed and dress the woman and children and they can ride with us. As for this one I will feed her myself.”

Astrid grinned and then pointed her hands at the girls. “In that case this would be more appropriate as she dressed them all.”

The guard, “Sorry Empress I did not realise. I will arrange their transportation immediately.

Astrid looked at him, “Our family is large and not all know who they are. When mother decides to take a stranger’s child you can be sure they are close to her. So these have to be treated as my sisters and the lady as a Queen.”

The woman started to shake and then cry. “No I cannot wear this dress it is not for the likes of me. I am not permitted to wear this and neither are my children.”

“Mother our clothing is all gone and this is all we have. What is wrong as it is only clothing? Why do we have to keep moving it is as if we are running away from somebody and we want to stop? We could have died when the rock blocked the entrance.”

Alison came up with the giant daughters of Rombald. “Children we can run no further, I have not got the energy to run and now it is far too late. I do at least know my baby is being well fed. Children these are the daughters of Lord Rombald one of the giant lords. Yet they bow to the one who clothed you and freed us. I may not know the names but I do know Lord Rombald would never allow his daughters to do what these do unless there was good reason. Likewise the daughters of Neptune who are pretending they are not seeing me.”

As she spoke to the children the daughters of the Titans placed themselves between Alexis, Astrid, Alison and the woman. “You are correct we would not bow to a mere mortal. These three as you know full well are not mortal. Then you are not mortal either are you cousin? So it is of little wonder that Alexis feeds your child. We take it in turns to carry her children if they need it”.

“Astrid would you and Cleo demonstrates to our cousin just how skilled you are.”

Cleo, “Like this and threw a pink ball at the woman who caught it and then threw it to the daughters of Rombald. Rombald came to see what the delay was.

“Oh you have turned up again like a bad penny. Alexis has she introduced herself or should I do that? I see she is playing with my younger daughters. Did she produce the ball herself or did she have help?”

“Rombald as you are the strongest you can carry her as she is exhausted and your older daughters can carry the children except this one that is rather hungry. As for the questions you fired at us will be answered after the parade.”

Astrid and Cleo signalled to the smallest of the girls to join them Rombald sighed, “Ok we will talk later but it is already too late for you as your fate is sealed already.”

The young woman started to cry, “Regardless of what you say, I am not going to take one who you chose. For now though I will call a truce as I am very tired after struggling to get out of the cave.”

Rombald picked her up and put her on his shoulder. “Your mother will have much to say to you my daughter.” She though was fast asleep and did not here those words.

Cleo, “That is cool you get a giant as grandpa & your aunts are some of our best friends. Well the younger ones. We get Grandpa Draco he is a dragon sometimes. I am also a Lion”. Cleo changed herself and then with Astrid’s help changed back.

“That is a great trick can you teach me how to do that? “

“We might be able if you join the special club.”

“What do I have to do to join? I know what mum is running away from.”

“Well you have to make a vow and then there is the initiation in which you and the other club members get very wet. Then we have to ensure the new older recruits also get initiated. We are already planning what to do for your granny and her children.”

That is the first time I met my grandpa and he did not seem so bad. Mum adores children. The boys she intended to marry never seemed to stay they vanished and then she would have another child. She ran away from home because Grandpa had decided she should have a partner, and mum found out she was the intended bride of some ancient god.

Astrid, “Your Granny was annoyed with Rombald and set off searching for your mother and in fact you where close to the place your grandmother decided to rest. Look your mum is fast asleep on his shoulders.”

Alexis stopped, “Rombald place her arms around my neck.” The next instant the girl vanished. “Now she can sleep without being disturbed.”

Rombald grinned, “She will get all she wanted now.”

“Cleo what are you and Astrid grinning at?”

Cleo. “Your grandpa has just signed your membership for you and all your sisters.”

“In that case I will have to give him a big kiss for being so nice.”

Astrid. “In a short while you will get a tingle on your wrist and then a mark will appear that is your membership card forever.”

“Do you two know what your sisters are thinking although they are with the giant girls? I always seem to be able to do that, but now I can do it better? I even can link into mum she is dreaming.”

Astrid, “You appear to do it better than we thought. So we have a test for you. Think of your mum.”

“Found mum she is asleep.”

“Say will you be mine forever.” Meanwhile Rombalds daughter had awoke and wondered where she was.

Clarisa looked around and realised she was being carried along with Alexis. The procession was just coming to an end when Clarisa awoke. She soon realised she could see, but was not in her own body.

Then she heard, “Ah Clarisa you are finally awake. You should be refreshed by now. So it is almost time for you to separate now.”

Alexis got down from the stand and the next second Clarisa separated from her. As she did Clarisa put her arms round Alexis and kissed her. “Alexis these words keep coming into my mind, will you be mine forever?”

Cleo and the others grinned, “She will not be running away ever again now. Your mum is now ensuring you will be our sister forever, so welcome to the club. Now we can also be giants if we wish.”

Rombalds wife, “Rombald you do realise our daughter has just made a statement in front of all the family. I should have realised when the children awoke us. You do realise none of us will ever go walkabout now. You took me a green dragon as one of your partners, but our daughter has far higher aspirations. Now let me see Alexis.”

Rombald approached and Alexis said, “Hi Uncle have you met my latest partner. I see you have been reunited with your dragon wife.”

“Greetings Alexis”, (Rombald got a stare from his wife. “As you may have observed Alexis I am already in trouble for not calling you Empress. My wife thinks I should be more respectful with you. There can be no doubt as to which bed my daughter has chosen to sleep in, she will be the first of your Giant partners but not you’re last. My younger daughters and granddaughters have already teamed up with Astrid and Cleo and no doubt planning my wife’s initiation.”

“Father you do not object to my choosing Alexis and you mother are laughing what is so funny?”

“Your father has forgotten you are part dragon and what you have just done in front of us all.”

“Mother I did nothing wrong I placed my arms round Alexis like this kissed her like this and asked if I could be hers forever.”

Endora, “That young lady is as bad as Iolanthe and is going to be having lots of children. Does she not realise Alexis is a golden dragon?”

Clarisa, “Mother I have known full well what I was doing all the time. My youngest tried to get me to speak certain words, and when I did not I got constantly bombarded until I did. Now they say all your daughters’ thank you mums. I though could do very little as father saw fit to pass me over to Alexis while I slept. Not that I am grumbling as I had the best sleep ever.”

Andorra appeared with the twins Titania & Tatiana.

Andorra, “Just what was that display for. Have you not got enough children already?”

“Aunt Andorra I see you are in the company of the twins again and looking very youthful yourself. Well that was to make sure you all know who is my partner. At least Alexis will not vanish over night and leave me with a baby. I never did find out where they all went. Even the child support agency could not trace them it was as if they had all vanished.”

Endora, “The Agency would never find any of your former boyfriends. I thought you might have realised where they went. They can never return to their normal form, but then I prefer them as they are. Did you not realise you are part dragon & what can occasionally happen if a dragon mates with a human? By the look on your face you have never been told.”

“Clarisa it appears you are one who must never mate with a human. Did you not think it strange when the men all left without their clothing? You have always loved children we all know that and they are all perfectly safe with you. In fact Alexis is the ideal partner for you. As for your former partners they will be with you always as your children. Your body absorbed them all entirely and burnt off any DNA that would make them human or male again. Whether you knew it or not they are like you now for all eternity.”

Clarisa looked shocked, “I honestly did not know. I kept cursing them for leaving me with a child. When I myself was responsible and did not realise it. So I owe all my children an apology.”

Astrid & Cleo approached with Laris; “Mum none of us remember our life before. We all love and adore you. We know you make silly mistakes, but we also know there is nothing you would not do for us. Your flight with Alexis has more consequences than you realise. Empress Alexis has accepted you as a mate and your children as hers. If you do not believe me look at my wrist. We all felt as if a great fire had rushed through us and then the mark appeared. My sisters Astrid and Cleo have explained to me what would happen and it did”.

Rombald, “Clarisa what the child said is true, Alexis has many partners but all the children will be her children regardless of if she bore them or not. You are part dragon and your dragon heritage has taken over. You already have a flight within you and your mother insists that she is there this time for the birth of her grand children.”

A young woman appeared; “May I prove your dragon heritage has taken over?” The girl took of a bracelet and as she did Clarisa said I have one similar to that and said “Snap.” In that case I will demonstrate with mine and you can do the same.” For a second or two lights appeared to be flashing all over the place and finally only two stayed lit, but one was far brighter than the other was. “I was Fay and dragon & got healed by Astrid & Alexis. I am now one of the companions as you are. It was only when my bracelet was triggered that I realised I was part Dragon like you. See yours indicates you are more dragon that giant.”

“If that is true then I should have been able to move the stone blocking the entrance, but I was not able to move it. I know as I tried to move it, but was unable to move it an inch.”

Draco shook his head “Clarisa your giant self should have been able to move the stone normally. However you were a nursing mother and all your strength was going in to that. While trapped you must have been feeding all your children. That would sap all your strength until you got some food. By now you should be back to full strength. In fact you will be able to call on additional help if you need it in future. As all of Alexis partners take it in turns to look after the children.”

“Uncle Draco I am puzzled as I know all Giants are banned from playing with the children.”

Astrid, “The ban has been rescinded so long as they agree to this form. They are still tall as Humans go but they have a playful nature and make good friends and guardians. As you are Rombalds daughter that makes you an Empress Champion companion.

The high priestess, “I suppose I had better be going back as the work is now done. I was hoping it would take a little longer than it has and then I could spend some more time with Alexis.”

Endora, “You High Priestess have an acute case of Alexitis. Come here child, I will go with my sister and take your place. I do not think there will be many objections to me doing your job for a while. Now kiss my sisters and me. Then go and place your arms round Alexis and ask for the cure.

Clarisa, “Uncle Draco they are flying together like I did with Alexis. How can she do that when she is human?”

Endora, “She no longer is human. She became what she is when she first kissed, she is a golden dragon, just as you and all the companions are or will be one. As they came down Clarisa hugged the high priestess and said, “We will be having our babies at the same time and in future I better call you sister.”

“Sister then may I ask a favour from your parents. I have no living parents they perished long ago so I have nobody to give me away as is our custom & I will have to provide my own dowry.”

Draco started to laugh, “Is that all that is worrying you? If you want a formal union then so it shall be. I personally will consider it a privilege to walk you down the aisle if that is what you want, and provide your dowry. From our point of view though that Ariel aerobatics you have performed was you union. However I also realise most of our Dragon peoples did not see the union so we will have a formal union in China so all may see your union with Empress Alexis.”

The high priestess went over and kissed Draco. “Dragon Lord I have a lot to understand as I was a nobody. Yet I was chosen as high priestess to the Dragon Queen, and now I have become one with you all.”

Draco, “Like Clarisa your status was determined long ago. Not all born human end up human. Most of the Chinese gave time and money to build the temple you also gave your all. From that moment you tied yourself as close as you could be to Alexis regardless of if you knew it or not. Endora has been watching over you like a mother hen with her chicks. So I am not surprised she is offering to let you stay, and she will do your job for a while. I think my daughter may have other plans though.”

Alexis was quiet, “Father we have rescued all those we could and have put a basic infrastructure in place. I am still worried about food and provisions though.”

One of the Kashmiries nearby, “Empress because of you and your help we now have direct access to help, and so it should not be difficult for any of us to get what we need in future. What previously took us many days to achieve now only takes us a short time. What we want to do now is if the Dragon people will help us is build a new temple to the dragon Queen and all her family from the very tallest to the smallest they shall all be remembered for the help that was given to us.”

up
96 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos