Alex & Chris Chapter 13

Printer-friendly version

Alex & Chris
Chapter 13 The disabled children.
By Sharphawlad

Alexis, “Is Astrid OK?”

Alexis she is taking the sleep she needs. She was up early this morning to check up on me. Alex's covered the two of them over & said it looks like we have lost the tour guide. They showed all the footpaths around the grounds and the recent extensions they were doing. Finally they got to the temple and there was considerable squealing as some of them got wet.

Christobell “Alex will you have to wait for us at another entrance?”

“Mother will you do the honours please so we may join the group?” She pressed a button and a ramp appeared.

The twins, “Look it even has a drawbridge.”

Alexis said, “I normally have somebody nearby to operate this for prams and wheelchairs”.

A voice said, “Thank goodness there is a ramp I did not see it before.”

Alexis, “Are you enjoying yourself?” They could all see the sad look on the man's face.

“Yes and No. Yes we are enjoying it but no because I realise this could be her last time here as both twins have Batton's disease. My wife should be here soon with her sister & it would appear we are both carriers.” Just then a young woman came pushing another identical push chair.

Helen, “Batton's that is genetic is it not & is caused by a flawed gene.” They looked surprised Helen knew anything about it.

“When we normally tell people they just look blank. We had hopped a trip to America would solve the problem, But it has not and they have regressed further.”

Helen, “I hate to spoil their day, but can I have some blood samples off them, and I will get them tested immediately. I also need a sample from you and your wife.”

Alexis, “Sorry Helen is one of the top scientists in the country as well as being my Cousin. Lady Alexis at your service.”

The two nurses appeared and Helen said, “I need this family to have blood test immediately and I want the results the moment they are done.” The nurses took and labelled the four samples. “If I can help I will. When we have the results we will call for you on the tannoy system we have in operation. They left the young couple still talking to each other.

Alexis, “Can you help the girls?”

“No but you can Alexis all I need is a single sperm from you and I can make a potion that will cure both parents and the children. The trouble is that I cannot mass produce the drug needed but it will work. Each case has to be individually assessed.” They saw the young man running back to his car and he brought out his laptop.

“Look I told you before she is listed as one of the top in the country.”

“OK I was wrong I hope that she can help us as they will not last much longer.”

The twins, “Mummy were those girls very sick?”

“Yes they are very sick. They need a bit of magic to help them like a ride on a magic princess pony. Astrid will not mind them riding princess if it will make them better.”

Helen spoke into the mobile and asked for princess to be got ready again. Helen found the couple. “The results are not back yet but the twins wondered if your twins would like to go ridding.” Princess was in the indoor arena waiting when they arrived. Mum and dad stood either side of the girl on the princess back. Each of the six year olds led the pony around the rink and then over the small jumps.
“Thank you”, said the lady.

Helen said, “My twins wanted to bring some magic into your life.”

Helen received a phone call, “Very good prepare the serum for two adults and two children. Your luck has just changed be at my office on Monday for 9.00 AM no later.”

Alexis asked their names and Allison was taking notes.

The man, “We have not a lot of money left as we used the last we had to go on the failed trip to America.”

Alexis, “Do not worry over money. In fact you could help my sister who is very ill herself. But she would like to write a story about your plight. And about all the trips you have made to various places that promised you the earth. “

The wife, “OK we have nothing to lose.”

Allison, “Have you any photos we could use?”

“Not with us but we could bring what we have and you can select what you want on Monday.”

The woman, Is there a changing area close by, as I need to change the girl?”

Allison, “Actually I want to go as well”

The woman gasped and said, “Is the whole place like this with tunnels & hidden doors.” There are passages with blind ends and revolving floors.”

They left the young couple and continued to Show Christobell's friends round the area. Clara, “How do you two fancy being at the Royal again for a couple of nights Christobell & you two of course.” Christobell looked puzzled.

Clara, “Well I could do with your help and that of your friends to clear my daughter’s house & seeing as these two are experts at removals. I propose a couple of nights at the Royal hotel we can both be ladies with our drivers-companions.”

Christobell said, “With all the excitement I forgot to hand the presents out.”

Clara, “Good job you did not as you would have been one short.”

Christobell said, “This is proving expensive for me.”

“Nonsense none of us have touched that account & from what I hear you no longer need it at all. Tilly told me about your win on the lottery. Now Doris & Dora this shop of yours I want to see as both my daughters could do with some exclusive items. I doubt though I can match the amount my sister spent at the store.”

Christobell, “This time though we will park the Rolls outside the store. Also have you seen who is on again at the Futurist? I may be able to wrangle us free tickets this time.”

up
73 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos