Touching the Moon part 59

Printer-friendly version


Touching the Moon part 59
By
Morpheus

Amylia quickly explained what was going on to the mythics that had been pulled here by her spell, as well as why she did it. None of them was very happy but they all seemed to understand.

“I’d rather be here than have Erin die,” Traci said, giving me a reassuring smile to show she didn’t blame me while the others nodded agreement with her.

“And look on the plus side,” Jake said with scowl. “We get a chance to get even with those fuckers who kidnapped us.”

“I hate to break up this reunion,” Eve pointed, out, gesturing to the invaders who were starting to come towards us. “But we don’t have time to chat…”

Almost as if on cue, there was a loud howling sound and I looked to see two huge wolves on the other side of the courtyard. Each of them appeared to be the size of an elephant. And as if that wasn’t enough, a whole pack of normal sized wolves had appeared as well, with all of them starting towards us.

“Marcus,” Monica commented with a pained grimace, still holding her arm which appeared to have been broken.

Trey gave her a worried look and cautiously asked, “Are you okay?” She just gave him a nervous smile and a nod.

“I don’t know why we’re involved,” Teressa muttered to Sylvie. “I mean, aren’t they only after the Were…?”

“Does it look like they’re only after the Were?” Sylvie snapped at her, gesturing around the campus and all the unconscious people.

“I overheard them talking,” I said bitterly. “They want to unite all Touched…under them.” Then I snorted and added, “This might be even more a Touched issue than it is a Were issue.”

Darek scowled at that and added, “But whether we like it or not, we are involved.”

“Damn,” Traci blurted out in frustration and a little fear. “If only the sun was down we’d at least be able to use our abilities…”

Amylia nodded and reached into her pouch, pulling out a green crystal and stating, “I’ve been holding onto this spell for a long time. It’s effects will only last an hour.” Then she held the crystal up and stated, “Invoke.”

I instantly felt the magic tingle through my body, calling to my succubus. It felt almost as though the sun had just set on the night of the full moon because I found myself starting to change without being able to control it. I gasped as my clothes became too tight and began to tear and shred. My fingernails stretched to claws, my breasts grew to massive size, and my wings began to spread out as well.

“What the hell?” Teressa screamed.

I looked up and saw that I wasn’t the only one changing. All of the Were present were changing, including Amylia. Sylvie, Eve, and Teressa all stared at Amylia with their mouths open, apparently not having fully believed her when she’d admitted to being a Were a few minutes ago. Then Teressa looked around at the others with a very nervous look in her eyes.

Darek stood up and stretched as a four and a half foot tall dryad. Jake had climbed out of his piled of clothes and now hovered in the air as a golden skinned pixie, and Kaylie was flapping her flaming wings and leaping into the air as a phoenix.

“Instant full moon,” Darek said with a look of awe.

“Great,” Trey complained, gesturing down to his shimmering mermaid tail. “Now I’m a fish out of water. How the hell am I supposed to fight like this…?”

“You’re a mermaid,” Monica gasped, staring at him with a look of amazement.

However, my attention was drawn almost completely to Traci. Traci had transformed back into a satyr and was radiating so much sexual energy that it flooded my succubus senses. She...he was staring at me with the same intensity that I was staring at him with. I licked my lips as I thought about how horny and hungry I was…and how the solution to fulfilling both desires was right in front of me.

“Erin,” Todd exclaimed, grabbing hold of my arm and trying to distract me.

“Erin,” Amylia snapped. “Traci. Control yourselves.” She gestured to Traci and ordered, “Go in that direction and keep your distance…”

Traci reluctantly nodded, and with a great force of will, turned and jumped a great distance with his powerful goat legs. Jake and Kaylie both immediately flew after him to watch his back. In just a few seconds, Traci had caught up to one of the invaders and punched him hard, sending the invader back before he could use any of his tokens.

“Damn he can jump far,” Sylvie smirked, though her attention was obviously on another part of Traci’s anatomy than his legs.

“Now I feel kind of insignificant,” Todd commented with a sigh.

That helped me draw my attention away from Traci, though it wasn’t easy. A large part of my instincts still wanted to chase after Traci and do nothing except feed and have sex. With a bit of effort, I was able to focus on the situation at hand.

“You are definitely not insignificant,” I assured Todd. “But maybe we can talk about that later…when we don’t have these smeg-heads breathing down our necks.”

Then I looked down at my naked body and activated the spell in my pendant, conjuring some clothing to wear. “What are you doing?” Sylvie asked me in surprise. “We don’t have time to do a fashion show.”

“Just making sure I’m not wearing a red shirt,” I responded with a forced grin.

With that, we charged towards the attackers while Monica and Trey were left back since they weren’t in any shape to fight. Teressa stayed back with them to protect Monica if any of the invaders got too close, which meant she was also guarding Trey at the same time. I wondered what she thought about guarding a Were, but only for a moment.

“Be careful and watch each other’s backs,” Amylia called out. Then in an angry tone, she added, “I’ll deal with Gregor.”

Another voice yelled out, “And I’ve got Marcus.”

I looked and saw Gayle running towards us with a sword in her hand. I could feel magical energy coming from the sword, the very same energy that I’d sensed from beneath the waters of the lake. I only had a moment to wonder at that before a ball of blue flames shot towards me, forcing me to deal with that instead.

“I don’t care if Gregor wants you alive,” Rebecca screamed at me. “You die for what you did to Tyler.”

The man beside Rebecca threw another ball of blue fire at me, which seemed to be all he was doing. It looked like he was one of the non-sorcerers that Amylia had noticed. However, he obviously had a very dangerous talent, especially since he didn’t have to worry about running out of tokens for it.

Rebecca held out a glass figurine token and activated it, causing a giant stone hand start to reach up from the ground to grab me. I spread my wings and jumped into the air, avoiding that and another ball of blue fire. I flew as quickly as I could, pulling my wings in to avoid one ball of fire and then swooping to avoid a glowing bird that flew towards me. I’d never had to be this maneuverable in the air before and it took all of my ability just to avoid being hit.

“I’m a leaf on the wind,” I muttered, trying hard to stay calm and not freak out. If I did that, then I was sure to get hit. Then there was a momentary pause, just long enough for me to grab Vera and activate the spell inside.

Rebecca activated a token which created a shield around herself and the man with her as a wave of blue energy settled over them, causing the ground around them to coat with ice. The ice spread over the bubble that formed her shield, leaving them trapped in a bubble of ice.

From my perspective in the air, I caught a glimpse of the entire battlefield. There were several craters scattered around the school courtyard and a few smoldering holes in the sides of the buildings. And of course, there was fighting going on all over the place.

Amylia and Gregor were throwing spells back and forth at each other, though he seemed to have some magic shields that were protecting him pretty well. He held up his staff and activated a single spell and a whole series of attacks launched out at Amylia. She was throwing up shields of her own and blasting away with her tokens, having a look of fierce determination that would have been enough on its own to deter most opponents.

Gayle was fighting Marcus, both whom looked pretty pissed off. She had the magic sword in her hand while he had a sword as well, one that seemed to be made of golden energy and was probably some sort of conjuring. The two of them were slashing back and forth with their blades even more than they were attacking with spells.

At the same time, Traci, Jake, and Kaylie were just finishing up with one of the sorcerers that they’d just defeated. Jake had flown around the man, keeping him distracted and off balance while Kaylie set his clothes and hair on fire. Traci finished him up with a punch that sent him flying. And as I watched, I felt my interest in Traci growing again and I had to fight the urge to fly over to him and help myself to some of his sexual energy.

I shook my head and quickly looked for Todd, letting out a sigh of relief when I saw that he was all right. He was standing beside Sylvie, kicking at a normal sized wolf while she was using her spells to attack one of the giant ones. A short distance away, Eve was occupied with the second giant wolf.

There were other conjured creatures present besides just the wolves that Marcus had summoned, and all of them appeared to have been created by the invaders. There was a stone man who was about twelve feet tall, slowing marching towards Trey, Monica, and Teressa. However, Teressa blasted the creature with a stone shattering spell that badly cracked its chest and caused one arm to crumble and fall off. She continued with a series of other spells that seemed to be slowly wearing the creature away.

“Bet you can’t get me,” Darek called out to one of the sorcerers, pausing to give him a sexy pose and a wink before sticking her tongue out. The sorcerer ran at her but she turned and ran towards a large cluster of trees. Darek might not be very large or physically strong as a dryad, but I had no doubt that if she could get the sorcerer into those trees, then she’d be the one with all the advantage.

I was so distracted by what was going on with everyone else, I didn’t notice that the glowing bird that Rebecca had summoned was still flying around, until it hit me from behind. My entire back exploded in pain and I dropped to the ground. I spread out my wings to stop my fall, but the membrane on one of my wings had been badly damaged. I managed to slow my fall enough so that when I hit, it hurt but I didn’t break every bone in my body.

“Erin,” Todd cried out, leaving his sister’s side and rushing to mine.

There was a cracking sound as the ice dome trapping Rebecca and the man with her shattered. Todd didn’t hesitate to change course slightly and tackle the man. Todd punched the man in the solar plexus and then the throat. A moment later, the man was on the ground while Todd kept kicking at him.

Rebecca turned to unleash a spell on Todd, but I snarled, “Engage… You aren’t touching my boyfriend, you fat pig…”

Rebecca gasped as her body began to swell and fatten, much more quickly than Teressa’s had at the costume party. This spell had been a direct copy of my grandma’s talent without any of the modification I’d done for Teressa. In a moment, all her clothes tore and burst loose as she gained two hundred pounds in mere seconds. She collapsed to the ground, unable to deal with her suddenly altered balance.

“Now if I only had another frog spell,” I muttered, wincing in pain from my injuries.

I staggered towards Todd, who stopped kicking his opponent and came to help me. He gave me a worried look and asked, “Are you all right?”

“I’m feeling better already,” I told him with a faint smile, feeling my injuries healing themselves even as my reservoir of energy dropped. I was feeling very hungry and asked Todd, “Please step away for a minute… I don’t want to accidentally hurt you…”

Todd stepped back, looking a little worried. I went straight to the man that Todd had just beaten up, then bent down beside him. I picked him up enough to grab him and give him a big kiss, feeding on the sexual energy inside of him much the way I had with Tyler, though this time I left a little bit behind. This guy wouldn’t be getting it up again for a long time, but he would eventually recover.

I stood back up, absorbing the sexual energy that Todd directed at me. Unfortunately, considering the circumstances, he had other things on his mind so the energy was minimal. Still, after feeding off that other guy, I was no longer really hungry.

“I’m sorry you had to see that,” I told Todd, suddenly feeling guilty and hoping that I didn’t scare him off.

“I understand,” Todd said, coming over and giving me a hug.

Then Todd suddenly pulled away from me and kicked the token out of Rebecca’s hand. He followed that up by bending over and taking the rest of her tokens so that she wouldn’t be able to try anything like that again.

“Naughty naughty,” I told her with a smirk.

Suddenly, there was the massive boom of thunder, followed by a flash of lightning shooting from the sky. The lightning struck right in the middle of the pack of wolves that had been moving around to attack Gayle from behind. In an instant, nearly a dozen wolves had been fried and vanished.

“Now this is unacceptable,” a woman’s voice boomed.

I looked at the source and saw Professor Roangard standing there with a large wooden staff in her hands. There were nearly a dozen students standing behind her, some sorcerers and some not. Kaellie was among them, showing that while we’d been fighting, she’d continued with the task that Amylia had given of finding more people who’d escaped the sleeping spell.

“Amylia,” Professor Roangard called out, looking straight at Amylia without appearing to be surprised to see her as an elf. “It’s about time you came out of the closet.” Then she called out loudly, “Now let’s throw these fools out of our school.”

up
261 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Out of the closet?

I guess her secret wasn't as secret as she thought.

No remember a few chapters

No remember a few chapters back when erins were form was reveiled and amylia said that prof roangard knows more than it seems

Throwing out the invaders is not going to accomplish anything.

They have to lock them up and take their powers away from them. There has to be a way to stop them short of killing them. But still, if they are let go, they will try again and again till they win. I don't understand why they are letting them go.

Great story, I'm greatly enjoying it.

Fanatic's

Fanatics don't care about their lives in most cases. Gregor along with Marcus I suppose will fight to the bitter end. The others may give in but not the others. There is only one way for them.

Touched structure

LibraryGeek's picture

They'll be letting them go because the Touched don't have a government with authority to detain transgressors, but rather specific agreements necessary to function in a distributive manner. They keep the portals functioning, they have the Academy for standardized education, but other than that no real structure. It's been mentioned that there are groups of the Touched who try to police the Touched, but nothing with wide spread support. The Academy has the authority to exclude those they feel don't abide by their guidelines, those they feel are a threat to their students, but no authority to detain, far less execute. Gregor, of course, wants to change all this, with himself at the top.

Yours,

John Robert Mead

THE conflict

take names and kick butt time, (to be socially acceptable). Good fight scene .

Me thinks

Me thinks Gayle and Excalibur will be playing more of a role than we think. Gaylor is a powerful Touched and there still are several Touched who are dangerous. Also a lot of students are only used to fighting in the dueling circle and not a real fight.

I think the real battle is just beginning.

I think Excailbur HAS and will continue to help

This one, the magical talisman older than Merlin the original edition and Morgaine Le Fey is both a tremendous weapon in the hands of a worthy soul and a great healer.

Did Gayle use it to "heal" many of those now awake from the sleep spell?

And I agree, no mercy. These people must die OR must be permanently stripped all their magic and talents or at least until they prove they are sane and not a threat.

As to Marcus, what he said when they first landed on the island. Is he delusional, borderline insane? Or under a spell and lied to?

His sister says until he started in the sorcerers course he was a good brother worthy of respect.

Just a swelled head and bad company? Minor mental illness that came on in his late teens? Seduced by the dark side of magic? Or did Gregor somehow get to Marcus and corrupt him with some devious spell? A tainted gift?

I see Erin was merciful and gave the murderous intending sorcerer a chance to regain his sexuality.

As to the fat pig Rebecca... find away to make it permanent... or have Traci in her Satyr form... um you know what her... or at least threaten to.
Sorry, THAT is a vile crime but is slavery and murder any better? And as to her equally nasty neutered boyfriend... I should think something could be done to restore the spark of male sexuality to him. Hell procreation is a basic fiction hardcoded into the DNA. But only if he and she repent BIG TIME.

Would be interesting to know WHY these people so hate the Were and the Academy.

And no sign yet of Gayle's sponsor or Marcus's former one. I would think both would have a stake in this battle. Merlin the II for NOT properly training or punishing his wayward disciple and Gayle's, well, if you read The Academy you would know why she dotes on Gayle and her family.

I figure if anyone has the knowledge to strip someone of their magic/talent or to at least bind it indefinitely it is Gayle's mentor.

And what of the turncoat Were and his mom? I'll bet they are dead but only Gregor and possibly Rebecca know of this. Done by Gregor no doubt. At a minimum HIS prisoners for the vile and I assume lethal experiments he wants to do. Would all his small flock of minions remain loyal if they knew the truth about Gregor?

Plus this is a small group of sorcerers and a couple talented. At some point they will exhaust their tokens or overuse their talismans. I would think even a talent has some limit if simply just from physical exhaustion IE how long can they stay awake. VS a whole academy, well just a sub set now but more by the minute, of really pissed of talented and sorceress/ers... and Were.

No matter what they do simply kicking the invaders out is not adequate.
And as I wondered before is Gregor and Amylia's son still alive? Possibly even one of the senior staff at The Academy but was in stealth just like Amylia?

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Great chapter

Nice action, I like the tie ins to previous stories. I'm going directly to the next chapter!

Cheers
Zapper