Customer Satisfaction

Printer-friendly version

 

Customer Satisfaction

This is a sequel to my story “Demonstration Model” and therefore you might want to read that one first if you haven't or don’t remember it.

My wife Chelsea paced back and forth across our living room, sometimes saying my name with a sigh.

“Oh Alex, what a mess” she kept repeating, while I looked at the floor in front of my feet.

Those feet had changed radically about ten minutes ago, along with the rest of me, when a salesman used me as a demonstration model for a product called healing putty.

It healed me, all right, much more than I could have ever expected.

Unfortunately that included “fixing” my Y chromosome, turning me from a guy into a girl.

Now Chelsea was trying to get a hold of someone at the company who makes the healing putty, hoping they can turn me back.

Once Chelsea was off the phone, she sat beside me, but we didn’t say anything to each other.

The silence seemed to go on forever, but it was probably less than ten minutes later that the doorbell rang.

Chelsea answered the door, and a trio of young women came in who looked like triplets, and they showed ID that said they were from the company that had created the healing putty.

Two of them escorted me into Chelsea and I’s bedroom, while another took Chelsea to the kitchen to talk.

The two who had taken me into the bedroom began taking my new measurements, including a rather embarrassing measuring of my new breasts.

One of the two then went out and soon came back with women’s clothes in my new sizes, while the other took a picture of me for a new driver’s license.

When the one had replaced all my clothes and the other presented me with not only a new driver’s licence, but a bank card, health care card, and all the other bits of plastic a person needs, it finally hit me they were acting like what happened to me was permanent, and the only thing they could do was make it possible for me to continue life as best as I could, as a woman.

And at that point, I broke down and started crying.

The two girls helping me left, and then Chelsea came in.

“Oh hon, I don’t think they can turn me back. What are we going to do?”

My wife didn’t say anything right away, she just held me until I could stop crying.

Once I finally stopped, she said, “The ladies explained it to me. Apparently it's easy to turn a Y chromosome into an X, but going the other way, especially with someone who already has been switched, is almost impossible and very dangerous.”

“So that’s it, my old life is over, and I guess our marriage is over too.”

“Well, there is a way to do something about that.” Chelsea said.

She handed me a bottle filled with a dark blue liquid, saying, “I know how it's going to sound, but the girls told me this is basically a love potion. If we both take it, we will never lose our love for each other.”

A thousand questions ran through my mind, but the one I asked was, “Are you sure, Chelsea? Do you want to be with a woman?”

“I want to be with you,” She replied.

So we went into the kitchen, got a couple of wine glasses, split the dark liquid between us, and drank.

Once done, we went hand in hand back to the bedroom, where Chelsea made me show off some of the clothes the girls had brought for me.

We felt slightly drunk and giggly, as we reminisced about how we met and everything that had led up to my unexpected transformation.

And then we started kissing.

It started slow, and hesitantly, like our very first kisses, but soon we were making out like a couple of teens.

And then we were making love, as my beautiful wife taught me what the erogenous zones of a woman feel like.

And after, as we held each other, I felt very sure we were going to be okay.

******

Not far away, a young woman and a man who looked like a stereotypical door-to-door salesman turned off a camera that had been transmitting the tender lovemaking.

“So what was in that love potion? I’ve been with the company two years and never heard of it before today” the young woman asked.

“Nothing. Just a bit of alcohol dressed up as something more.” the man replied.

“But . . . how did it work then.” the young woman asked.

“It worked because the two of them do love each other. They just needed a little nudge to give them the confidence to believe it themselves.”

“Humans are confusing,” the young woman said.

“Yes, they are. I’ve been with the company now for seventy years, and they still surprise me. But at least in this case we can report complete customer satisfaction.”

End.

up
152 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Satisfaction Guaranteed!

Or what? Annabel gets a free muffler? llol (sorry, it just brought an old tv commercial to mind... another nice one, brought to you from the Queen of short stories! Loving Hugs, Popcorn Lady!

a free muffler?

well, she got a free muff, does that count?

thanks for commenting hon

DogSig.png

Erm…

“Humans are confusing”. You would think that they would have worked that out first.

“Humans are confusing”

Daphne Xu's picture

... and as soon as you've worked them out, they turn on you and confuse you again.

-- Daphne Xu

And

Andrea Lena's picture

Heffalumps and woozles are always confoozles

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

thank you hon!

huggles !

DogSig.png

Nice!

Erisian's picture

Quick and fun, thanks! :)

thank you, Erisian

knowing people like my stuff makes me happy, so thanks for commenting

DogSig.png

Sweet!

RobertaME's picture

This is just like you, Dorothy... sweet and adorable!

All hail the Queen of Flash Fiction!

Seriously, this was lovely! I kinda suspected that the "love potion" was not what it was advertised to be, but it was still an adorable twist!

::huggles::
Roberta

Fifteen Years

Wouldn't be enough for me. Maybe thirty-five. Or forty?


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

forty years

would make me 15 again. not a good time for me, 35 would be better, at least I'd be an adult.

DogSig.png