Six Forty-Five, Part 4: Epilogue

Printer-friendly version

Six Forty-Five, Part 4: Epilogue

Things didnt get better right away. I still got bullied at school, and at home was stuck in the middle of several fights between my mom and my step-father. I also had to cope with flashbacks so bad that sometimes, all I wanted to do was cry or throw up, or maybe both.

But by summer, once the doctors had finished poking around in my head, they made the pronouncement - I was a girl.

Just one with a little bit of misplaced skin between my legs.

With that piece of information at her disposal, my mother laid down the law with my step-father. He could accept me as her daughter, or he could leave.
Sadly, he chose the latter, but at least the tension at home was gone.

Mom and I started building up a girl wardrobe for me, slowly over the summer, and in the fall I started in a brand-new high school that had been created just for gay, lesbian, and transgender kids.

At first I went a little overboard with the feminine, but as I got more comfortable with myself, I pretty much dressed not much different than any other girl my age would.

I knew who I was, and that’s what really mattered.

They started me on testosterone blockers, and then, after I jumped through a few hoops health wise, they gave me female hormones.

And I started to .... blossom.

I had some anxiety over my orientation, because it turns out I’m a total lesbian, which took some getting used to. But finally, my therapist convinced me I wasn’t less of a girl, just because I also liked them.

That I was okay, just as I was.

With that, I carefully started to work up to having an actual date with one of my classmates, and things went well.

We’re kinda an item, now.

We’re looking forward to my surgery, and thanks to living in a civilized country, we can get married even after I’m legally a girl.

I’m looking forward now, and not back.

And the future looks pretty darn good.

Fin.

up
112 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice.

You put yourself in a terrible predicament as to which way the story would go and you solved it nicely with no lack, indeed an increase in the quality of writing. Now it is hard enough to write something you want to write and have planned out but to end so well a tale that took an unwanted turn, that takes both real talent and real discipline. She's apples mate.

thank you so much, Thera

I'm so glad you enjoyed this. That makes the difficulty it gave me worthwhile.

DogSig.png

Great story indeed. ^_^

Extravagance's picture

...Not that I expect anything different from Auntie Dorothy. :)
*HuggleSnugglePurr* <3

Catfolk Pride.PNG

thanks, Extravagance

scratches behind the ears from Auntie Dorothy

DogSig.png

Thank You So Much!

That was great, Dottie! Such a nice story.

We never found out what was wrong with that womyn teacher; she's probably best forgotten.

After the first paragraph, this chapter was just so happy and fulfilling. I really enjoyed it! Thanks again; very good effort!

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

thanks, Renee

"Best forgotten" is what should happen to anyone who hurts kids.

I'm really glad you enjoyed it , and thank you for commenting.

DogSig.png

Where is this???

"I had some anxiety over my orientation, because it turns out I’m a total lesbian, which took some getting used to. But finally, my therapist convinced me I wasn’t less of a girl, just because I also liked them.

That I was okay, just as I was.

With that, I carefully started to work up to having an actual date with one of my classmates, and things went well.

We’re kinda an item, now.

We’re looking forward to my surgery, and thanks to living in a civilized country, we can get married even after I’m legally a girl."

Obviously NOT the US of A!!!

Hugs,
Erica

O Canada

Dot's Canadian, Erica.

Eric

as Eric says, Erica

here in Canada gays and lesbians can marry without a problem.

Thanks for commenting.

DogSig.png

In England too...

Marriage is open for business! This big issue for some is that Civil Partnerships for heterosexual ISN'T!

I read it all.....

...... before commenting.. Dorothy, this is a truly intriguing story that illustrates the confused feelings, at whatever age, we all have probably felt. Luckily, the world seems to end up being kinder at the end of the story that it was at the start. Nice one! G xx

thanks, Ginger

yes, the world is a little kinder now, or so I think.

Thanks for commenting!

DogSig.png