Children Know

Printer-friendly version
Children Know

At a supermarket, an overweight, balding, middle-aged man bumps into young mother with small child.

“I am sorry.”

“No it was my fault”

Man waves at child “Hi”

She waves back “Hello”

“Normally she is very shy with strangers”

“Well, have a good day miss”

“You too.”

Small voice says “Bye!”

Later….

“Mommy?”

“What?”

“Who was that pretty lady?”

up
106 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I totally agree, dear heart!

Andrea Lena's picture
superb!

Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

You have

ALISON

'my agreement and thanks too,Dorothy.Beautiful!

ALISON

Thank you

That was my Alice in the flesh.Nicely done.

My Experience Exactly!

For years I've said, small children and animals always knows. An aunt of mine once called me a nurturer which while somewhat embarrassing as a male pretty much describes me. This little drabble really hits the spot and says it so very well. Sometimes it's the things like this that makes all of our days worth it. Thank you!

Hugs!

Grover

Children Know, a drabble

Children know and ask those questions that need asking.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Children know more than adults are willing to admit.

This is a cute story of observation through the eyes of a young child. I wrote a poem a couple of years ago called Our Inner Child. We should never get too far away from that inner child becuse that in essence is who we areally are. For those of us who can still see, we have never lost that innocnet style that we had back in the day. And even though we are grown now, and have learned much, we still should never be too far away from our inner child. Thank you so much for this little drabble.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Short

but interesting.