I Woke, Part 7

Printer-friendly version

I Woke, Part 7

I shouted. My shout woke me up, and I remembered where I was. I was in the body of a girl named Allison Allen, and I had no idea how to get back to my own life. Worse, I seemed to be remembering more and more of Allison’s life every day.

I pulled back the covers of her bed, and tried to get up. I had been so overwhelmed by everything since I had gotten stuck in her body, I haven’t had a chance to really get a grip on the fact I had inadvertently changed into a girl, but standing in her nightdress, I got a glimpse of her form in her mirror, and felt a little dirty.

I had been a 40 year old man, and the thought of peeking at a high school girl seemed totally wrong. I wanted to cover up, and I couldn’t even imagine how I could face getting out of this nightdress to put on day clothes. Fortunately, Allison’s mother must have heard my shout, and came in as I was busy wrapping myself up in my bed sheets.

She asked me what was wrong, and all I could say was “I can’t look at my body”

Allison’s mom held me, and said, “I am sorry, hunny. Are you remembering what happened?“

“No,“ I said, “I just feel…“

“It’s okay. I will run a bath, and I’ll help you, and you don’t have to look if you don’t want to.“ She said.

So she ran the water, and once my eyes were closed, she took off the nightdress off me, and helped me bathe. She had to be careful, as I still had cuts and bruises from my attack and being hit by the truck. The worst injury was the burns Allison’s body had received when they had shocked her back to life with my spirit attached.

But Allison’s mom changed the dressings, and then led me back into my room, and helped me into a pair of panties, and then put on me a sports bra rather than a regular one so the straps wouldn’t put too much pressure on the burn spots.

Then she helped me into what turned out to be tights, and then slipped a dress over my head and told me to open my eyes. I looked at my reflection, and realized just how pretty Allison was–even with bruises.

I slipped my feet into what Allison’s mom called ballet flats, and felt ready to challenge the world. “Not quite yet Ally, “ Allison’s mom said. “Little bit of makeup too.

“I don’t remember how, mom” I bluffed.

“Don’t worry, hun, it will come back, I am sure. But for today, just do what I do.” She said. So soon I had on some lip gloss, a touch of powder, and eye shadow. I had to admit it did make an improvement, even though I had thought Allison had looked pretty good without it.

The hospital had lent us a cane, and I felt strong enough to use it to go to the kitchen and help my “mom” make breakfast. We had finished and were cleaning up when the doorbell rang. Allison’s mom went to get it, and it turned out to be Lisa and Nicky, who apparently were long-time friends of Allison.

Allison’s mom let them in, but took them aside and whispered to them both. After she was done, they came over to me and introduced themselves, and Nicky asked “Do you remember us at all, Ally?”

I shook my head, and said “I am really sorry, I have had a few flashes of memory, but that’s all.”

Nicky took my hand and said “Well, don’t let it worry you. We will have you caught up in no time flat” She then looked at Lisa and asked. “Won’t we Lisa?”

Lisa smiled, and said “No question about it.” She then said, “I suppose you are not up to a day of mall crawling, huh?”

I gestured to the cane and said. “Crawling is about right.” I started feeling anxious, and really didn’t want to be without Allison’s mom.

She must have sensed my anxiety, and said to the girls “I think Ally needs to take her time getting back into the old routine. I have a compromise for you. I will take the three of you to the mall, and wait in the food court. Ally, I will give you back your cell and show you my number which is programmed into it. It gets too much, you call me, and I will come get you, no questions asked. Is that okay with you?”

I nodded, and we headed to the car. Soon, we were on our way, and I found myself liking these two girls very much. They were both upbeat, friendly, and fun. They told me about Alison’s dream of becoming an actress or a writer, and both seemed sure that she would make either goal.

Once we were at the mall, they had to go slowly to let me, with my cane, keep up, but they didn’t seem impatient. While we window-shopped, they gave me a lot of info about the school they attended. Apparently , some things hadn’t changed all that much from when I was in school.

There were several cliques, most notably the group that Allison and her friends belonged to, which mostly centered on the drama club. Allison’s main rival for Valedictorian was the stereotypical queen bee of the school - Head cheerleader, student president, and all-around snob, at least as far as Lisa and Nicky were concerned.

Not only that, she was apparently spreading some stories around the school about what happened the night Allison was hurt, trying to make it seem like the whole thing was Allison’s fault. The boy involved suddenly had any number of supporters who were ready to act as character witnesses on his behalf.

In the view of Lisa and Nicky, the whole thing was because this girl, whose name was Silvia, was afraid that Allison would get sympathy votes for Valedictorian, and making that speech was her whole reason for being at the moment.

They apologised for not talking about the boy, or my relationship with him, but Allison’s mom had apparently warned them that it might come up in court, and any “influences” could render my eventual testimony tainted. This was a new idea for me, and I wondered what I could possibly do about it.

Although I had indeed had flashes of Allison’s memory, I wasn’t her. How could I testify, if it came to that? The two girls realized I was getting upset, and called Allison’s mom, and soon I was on my way back home, after getting hugs from both girls with a promise to keep in touch.

This moment gave me another thing to think about, however, as I had a odd feeling getting hugged by these two. Having two very attractive girls giving me a hug at the same time would have been at least a little arousing before, when I was still in my male life.

But now, I felt warmed and comforted, but had no special feelings about the contact. So I decided to make a test. Going back to Allison’s house I tried to arouse myself with images of girls I had had a crush on, and had no feeling about them.

What the heck did that mean? Was I going to lose my orientation, on top of everything else? Was I going to disappear, and only Allison would remain? Allison’s mom could tell I was upset, and so we cuddled together for rest of the day until Allison’s dad came home, and then the three of us remained close together until I had to go to bed.

What could tomorrow bring?

up
92 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well done,young lady,

ALISON
You go from strength to strength.I find this story quite intriguing and
I want more.

ALISON