A KFC Christmas

Printer-friendly version

lights06.gif

December 2021 Christmas Holidays Story Contest Entry

 

A KFC Christmas
by Melanie Brown
Copyright  © 2021 Melanie Brown

Ayumi catches a bucket of Christmas spirit

 


 

“Hey girl.”

“Rach!” I exclaimed into my phone. “Did you make it to Hawaii okay?”

Rachelle chuckled. “Take a guess! Yeah, we got here an hour ago. It’s two in the afternoon… yesterday! It’s so confusing.” My sister Rachelle and her boyfriend, or should I say fiancée, is spending the holiday in Hawaii.

I had slept late and my sister Rachelle had called while I was in the middle of doing my make-up. I frowned into the mirror. Why even bother today? Well, I’ll probably be going out later to look at all the lights in Tokyo this Christmas. By myself.

I laughed. “At least it’s not as bad as going all the way to Texas.”

“True,” agreed Rachelle. “Have you heard from Mom and Dad?”

“Not today. They sold the house, but they’re still packing. Mom didn’t want to travel because everything is so crazy busy.” I said, feeling a little down. I’m glad I got to visit my parents when my band Moxie came to America earlier in the year. I’m glad they’re moving here to Japan, but my childhood is totally gone now. My room. My bed. My bedroom window. The garage where we started our band the Texas Belles. It’s all been sold. That was the last remnants of my boyhood. I don’t even remember being a boy, to be honest.

Rachelle sighed. “I’ll be glad when they’re safely in Japan. I miss Mom’s cooking. Hey girl. I should probably hang up. Hayato keeps motioning that he’s hungry.”

“He’s always hungry!” I joked. “I’m glad you called and you kids have a good holiday. Me… Mele Ka…” I tried to say the Hawaiian Christmas greeting and failed miserably.

Rachelle laughed. “Mele Kalikimaka. Don’t you remember that old song?” I don’t even remember who sang it.

“I’m not old like you,” I said. “Y’all have a merry Christmas.” Yeah. Merry Christmas to me. Rachelle is in Hawaii. Ryo, my boyfriend is touring south Asia with his group. Misaki, the Belles’ former drummer, while now back in Japan, is performing this holiday with her dance group. I’m spending Christmas alone for the first time in… well, forever.

Rachelle said, “Hey, take care Ayumi. Merii Kurisumasu.” She disconnected the call.

I looked in the mirror for a moment, and then went back to doing my make-up. Ryo did at least give me a call last night on Christmas Eve. I miss Ryo. In Japan, Christmas Eve is a lot like Valentine’s Day. A day of romance. But not when your boyfriend is a thousand miles away.

As I finished applying my lip gloss and made kissy faces at the mirror, I thought about how, quite frankly bizarre it is that I’m now someone’s girlfriend. And instead of just kissy faces, I should be kissing my boyfriend. I love kissing my boyfriend. Actually, I just love kissing boys, but we won’t go into that.

I checked the time and saw it was almost one thirty. No point in getting anything for lunch. Crap, it’ll be almost dark in about three hours. I’m still not used to it getting so dark early in Japan. But, I was going to head into Tokyo to look at all the Christmas lights and it’s best for it to be dark for that. I flashed a fake grin into the mirror. We’re having a jolly time now.

I backed up to check out my whole outfit in the mirror. I was wearing a festive red and green school girl outfit with a matching bow on my head and black stockings. Damn. I still look like I’m fifteen. Too bad Saito’s hormone cocktail didn’t actually make me fifteen. I’m in no hurry to grow up. No more thirty-something men for me.

I grabbed my purse and dropped my phone, compact and gloss into it along with some cash. Credit cards are frowned on here. I hopped a bus to the subway station and managed to get the next train to Shibuya. Although it’s a few miles to Tokyo Tower from Shibuya, I thought I’d walk. I wanted to check out the business location where Dad’s store will be located. It’s somewhere in Shibuya.

The train was crowded and there were a lot of people where I got off. I took the Hachiko exit at Shibuya station just so I could join the masses hurrying across the huge “scramble crossing”, probably the largest crosswalk in the world. No particular reason. I just wanted to. I wondered if I could have watched myself walk across on the internet. Well, it did put me near what will be Dad’s new store is supposed to be. Wow. It’s a great location. I looked in the windows and even though it’s still being set up, there are already some prints mounted on the walls. I was sure Dad was going to love this store. It’s right in a high traffic area.

The sun was getting low and the shadows getting long as I made my way through the busy streets. It was nice that no one noticed me. There were no shouts of “I love you Ayumi!” I just wanted to blend in. The lights were all spectacular. Even though it wasn’t dark yet, it was still beautiful. I wasn’t expecting so many people out on Christmas day. I had to remember it’s not the same holiday here as back home. Nice weather too. Only in the 50’s. Last year, Rachelle and I performed in Sapporo on Hokkaido on Christmas Day and we froze our butts off.

It was almost completely dark when I arrived at Tokyo Tower. I’ve been here many times, but never on Christmas at night. The lights were dazzling. I got turned around and lost a few times. I finally made it to the tower and rode up to the observation deck. The view took my breath away. I took a few pictures on my phone to send to Rachelle. I got jostled around some. A policeman asked if I was lost. I got scolded because I wasn’t with my parents. I was on the observation deck for a good half hour. I was starting to get hungry.

After getting back down to the ground, I walked a bit away to get a full length shot of the tower. I turned and stopped. I was actually shaken to see it. That store entranceway where Natsuo and I first had sex on that cold rainy night. How do I keep finding my way to this place? It looked different all decorated. The thought of Natsuo and what he did to me, suddenly depressed me. I sighed and started to walk back under the tower where there is an arcade.

Sitting outside the arcade and looking down at his feet, was a very sad looking Hoshi, the boy I had met after breaking up with Natsuo. All I remember was that he was a bit wild and he depants an American tourist. It was actually kinda funny. Against my better judgment, since he almost got me arrested the last time I saw him, I walked up to him.

I stood in front of him for almost a minute before he looked up at me. It looked like he’d been crying. I smiled at him. “Hoshi-san! Konbanwa!Do you remember me? It’s been a long time.” I bowed to him.

He studied me for a few moments then smiled slightly. “I remember you. You’re that crazy girl that stole my train pass.” He squinted at me as he pointed. “A…Ay…Ayumi-chan.”

I smiled and bowed again. “Hai! That’s me. I’m surprised you remembered.”

He stood up and grinned. “A kawaii girl like you is hard to forget.”

Starting to feel a bit chilled in my short dress after the sun had set, I said, “It’s a beautiful night. There’s no snow. Are you here with your family enjoying the sights?” The last time I saw Hoshi, his parents were out of town and he was running wild.

Putting his hands into his pockets, Hoshi studied his feet again. He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed, “That’s a problem.”

Genuinely concerned, I asked, “What’s the matter, Hoshi-san? Anything I can do?”

He kept rubbing the back of his neck as he smiled sadly and shook his head. “You’re just a girl.” He suddenly looked very sad, like he was about to cry again.

I reached out and touched his arm. “Please. Tell me what’s wrong. I want to help.”

He looked at me sideways and shook his head again. “There’s nothing you can do. You’re just a girl.” He looked away as he sat back down.

I sat on the bench next to Hoshi. As earnestly as I could, I said, “Hoshi-san, maybe I can help or not, but it’s not good to keep it bottled up. I can tell you’re very worried about something.”

Hoshi sighed heavily while staring at nothing in particular with his hands clasped in front of him. After a few moments he turned to look at me. “You seem to be intent to stick your nose into my business, so I’ll tell you what’s going on just so you know you can’t do anything.”

“Just tell me!” I exclaimed throwing my hands up.

Hoshi leaned back and looked at me. “My father lost his job this week. So we’re having to cut back. We normally have a big meal like everyone else on Christmas day. My father is very upset that he can’t provide for his family now. He doesn’t know what he’s going to do. Even me…I’m looking for a job. He hasn’t told my little sister yet.”

I felt a sudden sadness at Hoshi’s family’s plight. Here I was all sad about not having anyone to spend Christmas with and he has it so much worse.

“Oh wow, Hoshi-san. That’s terrible news. The job market here in Tokyo is really tight right now.”

Hoshi nodded sadly. “Tell me about it. My mother has relatives on Okinawa, but my father would rather not move. Plus he doesn’t want charity.” I nodded. Pride always gets in the way.

I asked earnestly, “What does your father do? Tokyo is a big place. Surely there is someplace for him.”

Hoshi shook his head. “My father is learning that most places right now are only interested in youger workers. The job market seems to be flooded with accountants.”

I leaned back and sighed. “Yeah, that’s a problem.”

Hoshi frowned at me. “See? You’re just a girl. There’s nothing you can do to help.”

I sat in silence for a few moments. I looked over at him. “That’s not entirely true, Hoshi-san. There might not be much I can do for the big problem, but I can definitely help with the most immediate problem.”

Hoshi looked confused. “Nani? How can you help my father? You’re just a…”

I poked his shoulder. “Yeah, I know. I’m just a girl. I’m talking about your immediate problem of nothing to eat.”

Hoshi frowned at me. “How? Are you going to cook for my mother? I think we only have one package of ramen in the house.”

I shook my head. “Baka janai no!” I pointed across the street at a row of restaurants. “I’ll buy you and your family Christmas dinner.”

Hoshi laughed. “That’s very funny, Ayumi-chan.”

I stood up. “I’m serious! Follow me!” I started to walk away, but Hoshi just sat there and looked at the ground.

I scowled at Hoshi and shouted, “Uzai!!” I know it was rude and I got some looks. “Just come with me, Hoshi-san. Don’t be kuso yarou.”

Hoshi frowned at me. “Let’s go and you’ll see how foolish you are.”

We ran down the street up to a KFC. There was a line out the door. “Kuso!” I said under my breath.

Hoshi frowned again. “For a girl, you have quite a mouth on you.”

“Sorry.” I looked at Hoshi. “You do like KFC, right?”

Hoshi laughed. “It’s what we have every Christmas Day.” He then shouted, “Kurisumasu ni wa kentakkii!

I frowned looking at the huge mob trying to crowd into the KFC. I’d bet it was the same everywhere. Some people put in their Christmas Day order months in advance. I pointed to Hoshi and said, “Stay right there. Don’t move.”

He nodded and just said, “Wakatta.”

I stepped a few feet away and pulled my cell phone from my purse. I have Imamura-san’s number on speed dial. He’s my manager after he took over from Tanaka-san, the original manager for Texas Belles. After a few rings, I heard a grumpy voice ask, “Why are you calling me, Komatsu-san?” I thought he was a bit rude, but I probably was interrupting dinner.

Konbanwa Imamura-san,” I said pleasantly into the phone. “Can I ask a huge favor from you. Please?” I bowed uselessly with the phone.

I could see him frown at me through the phone. “What kind of favor?”

“Is there any way a powerful and brilliant executive such as yourself could get four buckets of KFC, tea, coleslaw, and whatever else with Christmas cake? And have it delivered?”

Imamura-san grunted. “It’s a little late to plan a Christmas party, Ayumi-chan.”

“Oh, it’s not for me, sir,” I said honestly. “It’s for a starving family. I’m trying to help them.”

“Hmmm. Are you sure? This isn’t one of your silly antics, is it?” Imamura-san asked suspiciously.

“I’m hurt you don’t trust me!” I said, shocked and hurt. Or at least trying to sound like it.

Imamura-san grumbled for a moment and then said, “I do believe the commissary always over stocks on KFC this time of year. I’m sure I can make arrangements. Do you have the address?”

I ran back to Hoshi and got his home address and relayed it to Imamura-san. He paused a moment and asked, “Is that all, Komatsu-san?”

I said, “Arigato gozaimasu! I do have one more question.”

Imamura-san asked, “Why am I not surprised?”

I paused a moment and then asked, “Is Saito Entertainment hiring accountants?”

“Tell whoever is asking to just come by the main office tomorrow. No promises,” said Imamura-san.

“I could just kiss you, Imamura-san!” I exclaimed.

“Please don’t, Komatsu-san.” He hung up.

Grinning I turned to Hoshi and exclaimed, “Let’s get to your house, hayaku kite!

“There isn’t anything to eat there,” said Hoshi. “I’ve told you.”

I took his hand. “Stop being silly and let’s go!”

*          *          *

I held Hoshi’s hand, mostly so I wouldn’t lose him in the dark, as we ran from the bus. We were dropped off at a bus stop a few blocks from his house. It took longer than I thought to get here.

As we approached the house, I saw a Saito Entertainment mini-bus, the kind that takes us to our performances and other places, parked in front of the house. The driver was getting back inside. He still had the buckets of KFC.

Out of breath from running, I knocked on the driver’s window and shouted through the glass, “You’re supposed to leave these here!” I pointed at the KFC buckets. There was a woman standing outside the house and Hoshi ran up to her.

The driver lowered his window and said, “That woman said we must have the wrong house. They didn’t order anything.”

I looked over at Hoshi standing next to who I guessed was his mother. I shouted, “Hoshi-san! Tell your mother it’s okay.” To the driver, I said, “Can you please help me bring these items inside?”

The driver nodded and picked up the two bags of chicken buckets and opened the driver’s door to get out.

I ran up to Hoshi and his mother. His father stepped outside the house, looking curiously at me and the driver. “What’s going on out here?”

I quickly approached Hoshi’s father. I bowed to him and said, “Konbanwa Otosan Since I am alone for Christmas dinner and have no one to share all this food with, your son graciously invited me to share it with his family. I do hope I’m not imposing.”

Hoshi’s father studied me for a moment. “We were just discussing what to do for dinner, so you are most welcome here.” He narrowed his eyes at me. “How does a girl so young know my son?”

Before I could answer, Hoshi stepped up, grinning. “I caught this girl a few months ago pulling the pants off an American tourist. I chased her down and scolded her for being a bad Japanese. I learned that she’s that way because her parents are never home to teach her and she has no money. I felt sorry for her. She’s just a girl. But I can tell you she did not steal that chicken.”

Hoshi’s father frowned. “Of course she didn’t. It came in a Saito Entertainment truck. Which seems strange.”

Annoyed at Hoshi for lying, I said, “It’s a gift. I can’t eat it all myself, so I thought to share it with Hoshi-san.” That’s not a complete lie. Imamura-san did gift it to me in a way.

Hoshi grinned and said, “That’s right. She thinks I’ll become her boyfriend now. She’s been after me for months, even though I keep telling her I don’t date children.” I sighed. Everyone keeps calling me a child.

I laughed nervously and said, “Well, regardless of how it got here, let’s eat it before it gets stone cold.”

Hoshi’s mother smiled and bowed to me. “Arigato

I bowed back to her and said, “Doitashimasite."

We all went inside their home and knelt by their table and opened the buckets of chicken. The mood in the home was light and cheerful. The chicken was good and I really liked my berry flavored Christmas cake. Seeing the smiles on Hoshi and his little sister made this whole day worth it.

When I was a boy living back in America, we didn’t get KFC very often. But tonight, it was quite the treat. Hoshi and his sister laughed when I exclaimed, “Kurisumasu ni wa kentakkii!

Finally, when we were all through, I said, “I should probably leave now. Thank you so much for the hospitality of your home.”

Hoshi’s father said, “If you have no home to go to, you may stay here for a while.”

I thanked him and bowed. “I have a home to go to, it’s just that it’s empty.” That sadly was true. “Oh. I almost forgot. May I borrow a pen?”

On the receipt for the chicken, I then wrote down the address for Saito Entertainment. I also wrote down the number of my dad’s new boss. I handed the paper to Hoshi’s father. “I can’t make any promises, because as Hoshi-san is so quick to say, I’m just a girl. But these places might have a need for an experienced person such as yourself. Thank you again for letting me join you for Christmas dinner.”

I bowed to everyone and walked out the door. I was followed by Hoshi and his sister. The little girl studied me for a moment and then her eyes went wide.

“You’re Ayumi from Texas Belles!” she shouted.

Hoshi sternly said, “Don’t lie.” That was funny coming from someone who lies constantly.

His sister pointed and shouted, “Just look at her!”

Hoshi frowned as he stared at me a moment. Then his eyes went wide as well. “The cute one! I don’t believe it! You’re a Texas Belle and with Moxie!”

I nodded. “I didn’t want to say anything, but you got me. I’m Ayumi.”

Hoshi grinned from ear to ear. “That’s so awesome! I love Haruna. Can you get me her autograph?”

I laughed. “I’ll see what I can do. Merii Kurisumasu” I waved and started walking to the bus stop.

*          *          *

Hoshi got his autograph. His father got a job. Not with Saito. But not with my dad’s boss either. But it seems he knew a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy who was hiring.

This was a Christmas I won’t soon forget.

*          *          *

The End

up
209 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

"It's what the Americans do for Christmas..."

laika's picture

When I saw the title I knew this was going to be set in Japan; because I'd heard the story of that owner of some of the first KFC franchises in Japan who to boost sales at his greezy chicken joints fabricated a story about KFC being a Christmas tradition in the USA, and people in Japan bought it and made it something of a Japanese tradition. That's almost as weird as Americans believing there's such a thing as "Canadian bacon" and "English muffins", LOL!

Apparently there's a LOT of backstory from other stories Ayumi, her sister and her various bands were in that I'm not familiar with, but I enjoyed it as a sweet stand alone tale of doing for others that fits in nicely with the theme of this year's Christmas contest. Domo arigato, and good luck with your contest entry.
~hugs, Veronica

Awwww,

Angharad's picture

Melly Chlismass, Melanie san.

Angharad

Better Than Whalemeat

joannebarbarella's picture

It might have been a fabrication but it makes a nice Christmas story.

It's true; Canadian bacon is neither Canadian nor is it remotely like bacon, but English muffins do exist, except that they're crumpets, not like American muffins at all.

Kurisumasu ni wa kentakkii!

SammyC's picture

Kentucky for Christmas! That was the slogan for KFC commercials in Japan in 1974 which established the fried chicken for Christmas "tradition." The story goes that gaijin (foreigners) were ordering buckets of fried chicken for Christmas dinner when they couldn't find any turkeys at market. Some clever marketing types spun this phenomenon into "the American Christmas meal." Lord knows what would've happened if Popeye's got to Japan first. How about some Christmas crab cakes with Remoulade sauce and hush puppies? Hmmm good!

Sammy

Interesting time flow, but a great Christmas night.

Beoca's picture

2:30 PM in Hawaii (UTC-10) should be 9:30 AM in Tokyo (UTC+9). Plus a day, obviously. If I had one bit of feedback to offer, it would be that the story skips from there to 1:30 PM awfully quickly. I may just be a guy, but even so I could have sworn that makeup didn't take QUITE that long.

With that being said, though, I did find the story very enjoyable and well written. A great tale of a merry Christmas.

Merii Kurisumasu Gaiden

Aylesea Malcolm's picture

A great little side story to show another side of Ayumi. Her character is ruffled and shuffled by her managers, sister or life in general but in this short we get to see Ayumi being herself and trying to help someone out for the sake of the holiday--more for her feelings on Christmas and people than for Hoshi's--but that's who she is.

Do Americans

Angharad's picture

actually eat KFC because it is adulterated crap? We have a new one in Dorchester and it's always busy it's alongside the Tesco filling station. I know fast food is very popular over there and also with the Japanese and Chinese, mind you McDonald's seem to do quite well here, they're always busy, you can tell that by the amount of litter festooning the roadside verges and hedges. The only other one I visited was Wendy's, when I was in Oz 20 years ago, at least you could see what you were eating, it wasn't all hidden in batter.

I think the last time I had KFC was when on holiday on the Isle of Man and it was the only thing open, it was still crap, and McD's, while on holiday on Madeira. At least you know what you're getting there and they have made some effort to expand their menu.

Angharad

The story

Melanie Brown's picture

But what did you think of the story itself?

Melanie

Wonderful sidebar in the Ayumi saga

SammyC's picture

Loved the story. Whet my appetite for more of Ayumi's story. Hope there's a 3rd volume coming soon. Also it seems you've really stepped up your output. Which is the real Christmas gift for all of us. This is what you get for creating such memorable characters in so many delightful narratives. Here's wishing you good health and the precious time you need to give your readers more of the Reluctant series, the Sisters/Model series, Ayumi's story, Accidental Romance, and --please, please-- A Flower. And can we get these by New Year's? Just kidding...mostly. Hope this didn't give you a Maalox Moment.

Hugs,

Sammy

Projects

Melanie Brown's picture

I'm more than halfway through a new Reluctant book. I'm also trying to work out a story that just focuses on Ayumi and her quest to be fully Japanese.

Melanie

I enjoyed it

Angharad's picture

and on the back of it, I have actually bought the kindle version of Texas Belles, so I've put my money where my mouth is.

Angharad

Thanks

Melanie Brown's picture

Thank you! I appreciate it.

Melanie

McD's better than KFC?

LOL...........................I loved your comment
However, I dont think I want know if MCD's are better than KFC I always class them "as bad as each other". Yes slimmy greasy adulterated chicken but it doesn't keep coming back to me every ten minutes like McD's. Although maybe that makes McD's better value. I get to taste it again and again and again.

Will

Hmmmm memories MB does it again

This is a great feel good story and I enjoyed reading another Ayumi tale. However it reminded me of a personal experience. Years ago I was in Korea on business, and when out visiting clients I was proudly taken to a KFC for lunch as if it was a special treat. Now I think KFC is bad enough in the UK but when tasting it translated to a Korean pallet I came close to seeing it twice. I still can't understand why they thought it better than their own cuisine which I enjoy. There's no accounting for taste

Great Entry Melanie!

lights06.gif

I like the story you wrote. The nice twist at the end with Ayumi and Hoshi and Ayumi's secret being exposed was especially delicious. But as with all things, I'm greedy for more :) I sort of wish more could have been written about the ending part, little more depth to chew on. Your writing is so good it just left me wanting more. I, for one, enjoyed it immensely.
 

Sephrena

KFC chemicals

The last time I looked at the ingredients of the things KFC sells, I saw lots of chemicals and asked myself: what will they do to me? Will I grow a 2nd head? Will I turn into an alien? For the prices KFC charges I expect healthy food without the use of chemicals.

But still, thx for a nice story^^

fun of language

You really made an effort to convey the fun of language. However, the many strange sentences might annoy some readers. I just wondered why it kept switching back and forth.

Words like クリスマス look really weird after romanization, due to the not omitted vowels. Should be more like "Krismasse" as Angharad also hinted at, but that's just my opinion.

What struck me as completely wrong was the Kentucky slogan because of its grammatical nonsense. I considered something like "クリスマスにケンタッキーに行きましょう。" more appropriate, but what they really said was "Kentucky Christmas" as You can see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umHfb1JHovA. (Thanks to SammyC for hint to the commercial.)

All in all it was a nice light hearted read. Thank You for sharing.

gn・blizz

Language

Melanie Brown's picture

I didn’t expressly say it but as the story takes place in Japan, assume all conversation is in Japanese. I added Japanese words for flavor. The Japanese KFC came from a authoritative web site that explored why KFC is popular at Christmas time. That one exclamation was said to be an advertising slogan. It’s all just window dressing for the story, which is the important part.

Melanie

generosity

fantastic

DogSig.png

FYI

Melanie Brown's picture

I got worried my research had been incorrect. So I let a Japanese girl living in Japan read the story. She felt it was mostly accurate and only suggested one word change, Uzai, because it was more like a girl would use. And we all know Ayumi is just a girl.

Melanie

No, you were not incorrect

bobbie-c's picture

Your research was spot-on: in Japan, KFC Chicken is a Christmas tradition, like our own traditions surrounding turkey, for example - so much so that people have to place their KFC orders a month or more in advance. KFC Japan actually makes 50% of their sales in this one period.

When we visited my in-laws a few years back, and we had Christmas dinner at home with them, KFC was a big part of the meal, although they knew that I might not consider it "christmas food" as they called it. So there were other more traditional Japanese holiday food but food associated with other Japanese holidays - not necessarily "christmas food."

Christmas is not really a holiday there, and few Japanese identify as Christians anyway, but they have wholeheartedly adopted the commercial and secular parts of it, and for whatever reason, the KFC meal is part of the whole christmas decorating, Santa Claus, eating out or a family dinner on Christmas, gift giving and the other more secular parts of our Christmas traditions.

Christmas is not a holiday in Japan, so there's work, etc. In fact, June and December are the only months in Japan without holidays. Still, some employers (not all) are considerate enough to let people go home an hour or so early on Christmas Day.

So some may not like KFC, but the Japanese consider it part of their holiday traditions, albeit a new tradition. So please put it in that context when you read the story, and go easy on the KFC-bashing.

 

Sweet

Loved this little I interlude story. Leave it to Ayumi to be so thoughtful and caring. Wonderful ending.

>>> Kay

Interesting

A different cultures take on Christmas.

Great story

Great story
Super happy ending
Fills in some of the time after Moxie
Would love to see more Ayumi stories