The Good Knight

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Themes: 

Permission: 

 

The Good Knight
by Melanie Brown
Copyright  © 2016 Melanie Brown


Apologies. This popped into my head this morning while taking a shower and I wrote it at work while waiting for a vendor to call. Don't take any deep meaning into it. This was entered directly into the web editor on BC.

 


 

A knight on a black horse was riding past the tower in which I was imprisoned.

Through the small window in the tower's side I shouted, "Sir! I say good knight!"

The knight kept riding.

I shouted again, "Oh good knight sir! Please help me!"

The knight stopped and looked around for a moment. He looked towards the tower, pointed at himself and said, "Are you addressing me?"

Annoyed, I yelled through the window, "Do you see any other bloody knights around?"

Frowning, the knight said, "No need to be rude."

Through the window I said, "Please Sir Knight. Please rescue me from this tower."

The knight said, "No. Sorry." He started to ride off.

Angry I shouted, "What do you mean, 'no'?"

The knight gave me an odd look and said, "I mean no. Sorry. But I only rescue fair maidens."

"What the bloody hell!?" I screamed at the knight. "Please good sir. I need rescue from this tower."

Shaking his head, the knight said, "Sorry. You're not a fair maiden. It's kind of a rule you see." The knight started to ride off.

"Please good sir!" I said worriedly. "Can't you rescue me on your break?"

The knight shook his head. Again he said, "No. Sorry. You're not a maiden."

"Pretend!" I exclaimed through the window. "Pretend I'm a maiden."

The knight looked blankly at me. He said, "You're not a maiden."

I shouted angrily, "That's what pretend means, you bloody twit!"

The knight frowned and said, "You're a rude person."

"Wait!" I said through the window. I reached down and picked up a handful of the straw that lined the tower's floor. I put the straw on my head and adjusted it to resemble long blonde hair. I put my face in the widow again, raised my voice an octave and said, "I'm a fair maiden locked in this tower. Please rescue me!"

The knight squinted at me. After a moment he said, "No. You're not. You're that fellow I was just talking to."

"I'm a fair maiden!" I said in a falsetto, desperation setting in. "See my blonde hair?" I batted my lashes at him as some of the straw fell from my head and through the window.

Riding up to the window, the knight said, "I'm not as dumb as I look! See here! Any maidens I rescue I must ask for their hand in marriage."

"Do they have to accept?" I ask.

"No," the knight said flatly.

"Right, then," I said. "Rescue me, propose, I decline and we're both on our way."

The knight thought this over for a few moments. He said, "You'll turn me down?"

"Of course," I said.

"Right," said the knight as he dismounted his horse. "Stand clear."

*          *          *

I lay on the bed as I watched the knight disrobe. The finery that accompanies the wealth of a rich knight surrounded us.

The knight said, "I thought you said you'd decline?"

Shrugging, I said, "I lied."

*          *          *

The End

up
249 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Cute

Bobbie Sue's picture

Didn't see that coming.

Can't blame her for trying,

Can't blame her for trying, and he didn't say she had to say no to it ;)

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

The Good Knight is a very cute story

of a person imprisoned in a tower. This person pleads with a passing knight and after being told that the only way this person can be free is to be proposed to. After being told the proposal may be declined, the person in the tower agrees to decline, whereupon the knight promptly frees the imprisoned (girl?) from the tower, only to find himself married to the "fair maiden" he rescued. Delightful and thank you for sharing, Melanie.

With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward.

Barbara Lynn Terry

"If I have to be this girl ion me, Then I have the right to be."

giggles, nice one!

thanks for the laugh, hon

DogSig.png

Well that's one way

Renee_Heart2's picture

Of getting out lol. I never saw the marriage coming lol the wealth and all mush have been too much TO turn down lol.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Very nice

I kept thinking of Monty Python as the story was unfolding.

We need more happy stories these days. Thank you for writing this one.

Story

Melanie Brown's picture

As I wrote it, I played it in my head with Pythonesque voices.

Melanie

As I read this story, I had a flashback

Julia Miller's picture

And remembered Monty Python and the Holy Grail, when the Lord had his effeminate son locked in the tower, and he managed to summon Lancelot to rescue him.

Good imaginative story

What an imagination, It is like a crazy conversation between the storied good knight and a quit thinking scoundrel, like me ^_^. Hugs to you Melanie

Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Fun

Cute loophole. It makes you wonder what caused the narrator to be locked in a tower in the first place.

Great ending, I never saw

Great ending, I never saw that one coming..... I loved it. lol

Hugs,
Erin of Wis <3

*giggles*

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

Silly rules!

Hope they can find happiness anyway.
~Hypatia >i< ..:::

Disgusting liar

Twisting the truth to get out of the tower was OK, but tricking the knight into marriage was disgusting

Forsooth!

Yea verily, 'tis unseemly for a fair maiden to be untruthful! Good one!