School Halloween Party

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Caution: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Elements: 

TG Themes: 

Permission: 

 

School Halloween Party
by Melanie Brown
Copyright  © 2017 Melanie Brown

Luke expected another boring school party

 


 

“What are you doing here, Lucas?” asked an amused and familiar female voice.

Startled, I looked sheepishly at Julie who was at the counter paying her bill. “Oh. Ah. Hey Julie.” I looked at the floor for a moment and then added, “Probably the same reason you’re here.”

Julie grinned at me as she took back her credit card after the cashier finished ringing up her charge. “I just got my hair done for the party tonight.”

Feeling my face turn beet red, I tried to smile. “I’m getting my hair *and* make-up done for the party tonight. And my nails. My mom knows the beautician here.”

Laughing as she stepped away from the counter, putting her credit card into her purse. “You’re kidding, right? What’s your costume?”

Julie and I had been friends since our first year of middle school. Me, she, her boyfriend Daniel, and my best friend Cary were all going to a school sponsored Halloween party held in the field house of J. P. Richardson High School where we are all seniors.

I laughed nervously. “I’m going as a cheerleader.”

Julie looked at me curiously. “Then why are you at a beauty salon? All you need is a wig, your mom slapping some goofy looking make-up on you. Are you making fun of one of Reznor High’s cheerleaders or just a generic one?”

I shrugged. “I’m not making fun of anyone. I’m using my sister’s old cheerleader uniform from when she went to our school. I didn’t want to wear a wig. I know my hair isn’t particularly long, but I wanted it to look nice. And I wanted my make-up to look as good as it could be.” What I wasn’t telling her is that I finally got up the nerve to go out in public dressed as a girl. Halloween seemed the perfect excuse. Mom knew about my dressing up in girl’s clothes. She acts like she doesn’t really like it, but she let it go after my dad and older brother were caught in a freak mudslide during a hunting trip and drowned. Whenever she watches some tear-jerker movie on TV, she usually asks if I’ll dress up and watch it with her. And how can I say no?

Julie squinted at me. “I’m sure you’ll be cute. But seriously, aren’t cheerleader costumes kinda cliché? Remember two years ago when those three guys all showed up as zombie cheerleaders? Coach Wilson even said how tired she was of guys making fun of cheerleaders like that.”

I shrugged again. “I’m not making fun of cheerleaders. My goal is to look as much like a real cheerleader as I can. That’s why I’m here.”

Julie laughed dismissively. “That’s kinda weird, actually. To try to look just like a girl?” She giggled, “You don’t dress up on weekends do you?”

I just stood there for a moment, stone faced. The honest answer was that I do dress as girl whenever I can. Since my sister moved out of the house, it’s even easier.

Julie laughed as she lightly punched my arm. “I’m kidding! I can’t wait to see what you’ll look like! Danny and I will pick up Cary and then you. Be ready around six-thirty.” Daniel was the only one of us who had a car. I’d failed my driving test twice. Cary is just happy to mooch a ride from someone else.

A woman behind the counter waved towards Julie and I. “Sir. Are you ready?”

Grinning, Julie said, “Well, I’ll let you go get pretty. See ya at six-thirty!” She turned and left the salon.

I turned to the woman behind the counter, took a deep breath and sighed. I hoped I wasn’t making a mistake.

*          *          *

“Oh wow! You’re beautiful!” exclaimed Mom as I slid into the passenger seat. I’m not upset she called me beautiful, but I did feel a bit awkward. I am her son after all. “Don’t tell her I said this, but you’re prettier than Donna.” To be honest, both my sister Donna and I look just like Mom did when she was eighteen. Only my brother seemed to have inherited any traits from Dad.

“Mom…” I started to protest.

“I’m serious, Luke,” said Mom with a grin. “You’re going to have to beat the boys off with a stick.”

I shook my head. “Come on, Mom. Everyone will know it’s me.”

Mom turned the car on. “Well, just don’t be surprised if boys hit on you.”

When we got home, I went straight to the bathroom to check myself out as I didn’t really get a good look at myself at the salon. I had to admit, Mom was right. I looked just like the pictures I’d seen of her when she was in high school. Donna and I could easily have passed for twins.

I looked down at the several pairs of earrings lying on the bathroom counter, trying to decide which ones I wanted to wear for the party. Mom let me pierce my ears a few years ago and she surprised me on my last birthday with a pair of silver, large hooped earrings. I smiled to myself at the memory of opening the package to find those earrings. I picked them up and put them on.

I stood there for a few moments in my bra and panties, looking at the cheerleader uniform wondering if this was such a good idea after all. Are the other kids going to laugh at me? Do I care? Hell, it’s just for fun. It’s Halloween, right?

I looked down at Donna’s tennis shoes she’d worn as a cheerleader. They actually fit me. I frowned looking at the shoes. Even though they complete the outfit, I started to think they’re a bit bland. I know I told Julie that I was going to go as a normal cheerleader, but instead I talked myself into sexing up the outfit by wearing pantyhose and three inch heels. I was pretty confident in wearing the heels. Though it was by myself, I had practiced dancing in them on occasion.

I put the gaff I’d made myself inside my panties to make sure I maintained the illusion of being female and slid into a pair of pantyhose. I put the balloons filled with uncooked rice into my bra and finally put the cheerleader uniform on. Glancing at the clock, I noticed it was getting close to when Julie and her boyfriend would be by to pick me up. I stepped into the heels and hurried out of my room to go get Mom’s opinion.

I smiled to myself as I walked down the hall. I had always made fun of my sister for being a cheerleader, but if I was being honest with myself, I secretly wished I could be one. Well, tonight’s my chance. Sorta.

Mom was watching TV when I entered the living room. “Hey, Mom! What do you think?”

Mom looked up at me and smiled. “You’re beautiful, son.” She stood up to better look me up and down. “Your father would never approve and I wish you liked to do other things besides this. But since you don’t, I have to say you’re beautiful. You really are. I love those nails.”

“Thank you Mom,” I said earnestly. “Hey, there are worst things I could be doing.” I turned slowly around so Mom could get the whole effect.

Mom studied me for a moment and then blurted, “Oh! Don’t forget your bow! I’ll help you tie it on.”

I hurried back to my room, picked up the bow and ran back on my tip toes. Mom giggled watching me run.

Mom continued to laugh as she took the bow from my hands. “Sorry. But you’re such a priss!”

Despite the fact that I didn’t have a full mane of hair, Mom managed to get the bow in place, completing my look. She then took a few pictures of me with her phone’s camera.

I saw the shadow on the windows of someone approaching the house. A few seconds later the doorbell rang. I felt my bow and smoothed the front of the dress. I took a deep breath.

“That’s them, Mom,” I said needlessly. “I’ll see you sometime later tonight.”

Folding her arms and looking a bit stern, Mom said, “No later than midnight.”

Looking surprised, I said, “You’re kidding right? I’ve never had a curfew before.”

Mom wasn’t moved. “If you’re going to leave the house wearing a short dress like that with heels like that, expect a curfew.”

I frowned, “That’s stupid. I’m not a girl going on a date. We’ll probably go to the arcade after the party.”

Mom frowned right back. “Complain again and I’m making it eleven instead.”

I sighed. “Okay. Actually, we’ll probably be done before then anyway.” I stepped to the door and opened it.

*          *          *

“Holy shit!” gasped Julie as I stepped through the open door. “You look amazing! I was skeptical when we were talking at the salon. You make a very pretty, natural looking girl. You’re going to have guys drooling over you.”

As we walked to Daniel’s car, I laughed. “Thanks for saying that. I was hoping to manage to look just like a girl. And everyone’s going to know it’s me.”

Julie laughed. “Honey, guys are visual. All they’ll see is that hot babe in front of them.” She looked at me again and grinned. “Maybe you’ll get lucky tonight.”

I frowned. “What do you mean by that?”

Smiling she said, “Didn’t you tell me once you had a secret crush on Cary?”

I frowned again. “That was back in middle school. And it’s not gay or anything. I just wanted to be his friend.”

Julie just smiled. “And now you are.”

As we walked up to the car, both Daniel and Cary were staring into the screens of their phones. Cary was sitting up front with Daniel. Julie rapped on the outside of the car. “Hey guys! Look what I found.”

Cary’s face brightened and he grinned at me. “Well, hello. Are you coming to the party with us?”

Daniel said under his breath, “I sure as hell hope so.”

Cary looked around for a moment. “Where’s Lucas? Isn’t he coming too?”

I laughed. “Who do you think I am, Cary?”

Looking surprised, Cary said, “You know my n…” He then looked more closely at me. “Luke? Holy shit! Is that you?”

I nodded. “Yep. It’s me.”

Frowning, Daniel said, “Well hell. I was going to ask for your phone number.”

Julie slapped the side of Daniel’s car. “You were going to what?”

Acting annoyed, Daniel pleaded, “I was kidding! I was kidding. Get in so we can get this party started.”

I had to admit it was a bit of a struggle to get into the car wearing high heels and a short tight dress.

Julie laughed out loud. “I hope you’re wearing panties, boy. You just flashed the whole neighborhood!”

As I slammed the car door shut I muttered, “Of course I’m wearing panties.”

As we drove away from my house, Daniel commented, “Well, I have to say, Lucas has the best costume of all of us.

Julie kicked the driver’s seat. “You don’t like mine?”

“I love yours, honey!” exclaimed Daniel. “I was just…shit never mind.”

Cary looked over his shoulder. “I think you look hot. Both of you, actually.”

Julie was wearing a very form fitting black leotard, black stiletto heels like mine, deep red nail polish and matching lipstick and cat ears sticking out of her beautiful mane of dark brown hair. Fake eyelashes, dark smoky eye shadow and heavy winged eye liner made her look really sexy. She was also sporting a long tail. Cary was dressed as Captain Kirk. Daniel was oddly dressed as a farmer.

As we drove towards school, Daniel and Cary were having an animated discussion about the latest computer game. Since I was in the back seat, I leaned forward so I could join in. After a few minutes, I glanced back and saw Julie sitting quietly just staring out the window.

I leaned back into the seat and looked over at her. “Not into gaming?”

Julie turned away from the window and grunted. “Not that game. I like simulation games. I have four families in one game.”

I smirked. “I have enough trouble just trying to manage my own life. Managing avatars doesn’t sound all that fun. I like action and adventure.”

“These have action in them,” Julie said seriously. “Just yesterday the son in my oldest family accidently started a fire in the kitchen.”

I shook my head. “Anybody die?”

Julie looked a bit sad. “The father did. Now he pops up randomly in the house as a ghost.”

Daniel brought his car to a stop. “Okay, guys. We’re here.”

“Now I have to figure out how to get out of this car,” I laughed.

Julie shook her head. “Make it easy on yourself. Don’t try to step out one leg at a time. Put your legs together and swing them around and just stand up.”

I tried that and I managed to get out of the car without exposing my panties to everyone. It was still a little awkward and I had hoped Cary would have offered a hand to help me out. But he was already walking towards the field house entrance.

I huffed and muttered, “Thanks for helping me, Cary.”

Julie laughed after Daniel helped her out of his car. “He’s not your date, Luke.”

I felt my face turning red. “I know that. It’s just… well, just common courtesy.” I frowned and fell in behind Julie as we headed towards the field house.

There were a couple of teachers standing at the door checking IDs. One looked at me as I approached. Looking confused, she said, “Donna? It’s good to see you again, but this party is for current students only.”

I frowned and opened my purse and took out my ID. As I handed it to the teacher I said, “Donna is my sister. I’m Lucas.”

The teacher looked amazed. “Wow Lucas! You’re just as beautiful as your sister!” She handed my ID back to me.

“Thank you. I guess.” Maybe this wasn’t a good idea after all.

I was totally shocked when I passed through the doors to the field house. Every guy in the immediate vicinity of the doorway turned to look at me. And it wasn’t just a passing glance. They turned and stared, even the ones who had been chatting with their girlfriends.

Grinning, Julie elbowed me in the arm. “Looks like you’re making quite an entrance. I wish I could get looks like that.”

“How do you know they’re not looking at you?” I asked felling embarrassed.

Julie laughed. “Those eyes aren’t pointed at me. Just relax and enjoy the attention.”

We caught up to Cary who was standing near the punch bowl. He already had a cup in his hand and was munching on something.

With his mouth full, Cary said, “I can’t believe so many people are here. Looks almost like the whole school.” He glanced over at me and whistled. “I can’t believe how hot you are, Luke.”

Daniel nodded his head off in one direction. “Hey Cary. Big Al’s over there.” Big Al was the star football player for the school and despite being geeks, Daniel and Cary were good friends with him.

Cary took another sip from his cup. “We’ll be right back, ladies.”

Frowning, I said, “I’m not a lady.” Cary didn’t hear me as the both hurried away.

Julie touched my arm. “Come on now. You had to expect that kind of stuff when you chose to dress up like that. I mean, you’re far prettier than half the girls here.”

I grinned. “Only half?”

Julie laughed. “That’s the spirit!”

From behind me came a woman’s voice. “Jeesh. What did I tell you girls about using your uniforms as Halloween costumes?”

I turned to see the girl’s coach dressed up as a fairy godmother or something. “I’m not a cheerleader, Coach Wepler.”

Coach Wepler squinted at me. “Don’t give me that young lady. I know you.”

I smiled as I said, “My sister Donna was a cheerleader here three years ago. I’m her brother.”

Taking a step back and looking astonished and putting her hand over her mouth, Coach Wepler said, “You’re Donna’s *brother*? Oh my God! You’re every bit as beautiful as her!” I heard Julie giggle behind me.

Feeling my cheeks reddening again, I said in a small voice, “Thank you coach.”

Coach Wepler grinned at me. “Maybe you could try out cheerleader next year?”

Embarrassed further, I said, “I’m a senior this year, coach. And I’m a boy.”

Shaking her head, Coach Wepler said, “I wish I could have you on the squad. I remember Donna talking about how her little brother would practice with her at home and how she thought he’d make a good cheerleader too. I thought she was joking then. But now I don’t think she was.”

I looked at my feet. “I’m sure she was just making fun of me.”

Coach Wepler pursed her lips. “Well, I have run along. Still, I wish I could have gotten you on the squad.”

“I’m not a girl,” I said as she walked away. Julie laughed.

“I think I’ll get some punch,” I said to Julie. “And check out what kind of snacks they have here.”

“Good idea,” agreed Julie.

There were four boys crowding the punch bowl. Julie and I stopped to wait for them to get out of the way. Three of them were assholes and the fourth was a dweebish kid who I think they kept around as a pet.

The tallest boy of the four turned to Julie and I. I don’t know his real name but everyone calls him Axle. “Would you ladies like some punch?” He held out two cups of punch, while grinning.

Julie took one of the cups. “Why, thank you!” She glanced over at me and raised any eyebrow.

I sighed and took the remaining cup. “Thanks.” I took a sip. I wanted to slug down the whole cup as I was dying of thirst.

Two of the other guys nudged the dweeb. I think his name is actually Simon. One of them acted like he was whispering but I could clearly hear him which I’m sure was intentional. “There she is. You’ve been asking about her all night. Go ahead. Ask her.” I’ve only been at the party fifteen minutes so that’s hardly all night.

Simon pushed his glasses back up his nose and he took a deep breath. His cheeks reddened and I knew he was as embarrassed as hell. He forced himself to say, “Can I… uh. Wo… would you like to dance… uh with me?”

Simon couldn’t see them, but the other three boys were doing everything they could to keep from laughing. I don’t think they knew who I was, but I could tell they were expecting me to turn him down. Simon looked so scared, so nervous and so earnest as he waited for my response.

Axel and his asshole friends wanted to delight in Simon’s embarrassment and being crushed at my rejection of him. I’m not a girl and I should have said no just for that reason. But I didn’t want them to have fun at Simon’s expense. I’ve been in Simon’s shoes before.

I smiled and said, “Thank you, Simon. I’d love to.” But please don’t ask for my phone number.

Simon beamed and his face exploded with an ear-to-ear grin. The shocked look on Axle and his toadies’ faces was totally worth it.

“Thank you,” said Simon as he held out his arm. I took his arm and we walked out onto the dance floor. Of course the music had to be a slow, romantic song. I took his hand and placed my other arm on his shoulder as he put his around my waist.

As we started to dance, Simon said quietly, “Thanks for doing this.”

I smiled. “You’re welcome.”

Looking sheepish, Simon continued, “Don’t worry. I saw who you came in with so I’m not going to ask you out or for your phone number. I just wanted to dance with the prettiest girl here.”

Oh my God. Is everyone here insane? And I’m sure my cheeks will burst into flame if I can’t get control over my blushing. I just smiled again. “Thank you for saying that. That’s very sweet.”

“That’s because you are,” said Simon sincerely. “I can’t believe your boyfriend would just leave you alone like that though.”

I almost said that Cary isn’t my boyfriend, but thought better of it. I didn’t want Simon to change his mind about asking me out. I just said, “Me either.”

Dancing isn’t something I’m particularly good at, whether wearing heels or not. But I did find myself enjoying swaying back and forth with Simon. And while I was trying not to trip over my own feet, Simon on the other hand seemed quite confident out on the floor.

The DJ said, “Allright! We’re going to ramp this party up to eleven!”

Simon grinned at me and laughed, “All right!” He let go of me, paused a moment and then started doing some dance moves on his own. At first I tried to keep up, but being not only a lousy dancer, but one in high heels, I soon stopped dancing and just started clapping with the beat.

Simon was amazing. He went from total nerd to a wild, dancing machine. Others also stopped dancing and turned to watch him move. I laughed and clapped as he spun, jumped and glided across the dance floor. Everyone on the dance floor was clapping too and watching in amazement.

When the song ended, Simon leaped into the air and did a splits that looked painful as hell to me. Everyone applauded as he stood back up.

He grinned at me as he took my hand and led me back to his so-called friends. “I’m beat. I could use a soda.”

“Simon! That was amazing!” I gushed. “That was professional level dancing.”

He just grinned at me. “I take a dancing class. I was hoping it would help me meet girls.”

“I think you impressed pretty much everyone here,” I said sincerely.

He walked passed a shocked Axel and his sycophants who stood with their jaws gaping open and pulled a soda can from an ice chest near the punch table.

Simon turned to me. “Thank you for dancing with me. I had fun.”

I laughed. “You’re welcome. I just wished I could have kept up with you.” I’m not sure what inspired me to do so. Perhaps it was my own huge dislike for Axel and the way his friends had treated Simon, I leaned in and kissed Simon on the cheek, leaving a very visible, red lip print.

I walked back over to Julie. “Did you see Simon?”

Julie nodded. “That was awesome. And I think you just helped him change his life.” She pointed back behind me.

I turned and couldn’t help but smile. Simon was walking away from Axel and the others while talking to a group of girls who had suddenly surrounded him.

Julie grinned again at me. “And, I didn’t know you liked kissing boys.”

Frowning, I said, “I don’t. I just wanted to give the knife I’d pushed into Axel an additional twist. What an asshole.”

Julie’s frown faded. “Well, I hope they don’t figure out who you really are.”

“Oh. Yeah. Hopefully they won’t,” I said suddenly ashamed. “Yeah. I should never have accepted his invitation to dance.” I looked back for Simon. He was actually dancing with three girls with at least three more waiting. As I watched, I started to feel better about helping him with his confidence.

Julie was about to reply when two boys dressed as Star Wars storm troopers, minus the helmets walked right up to us. The tallest one looked both of us over. “Would you ladies care to dance?”

Julie shrugged. Glancing to me, she said, “I have no idea where Daniel went off to.” Turning to the boy who spoke, “Sure! I’d love to.”

The other boy looked expectantly at me. I watched Julie with the other boy hurry off to the dance floor. I sighed. I didn’t want to stand here by myself. I knew I’d get some attention from the way I was dressed, but honestly, I didn’t expect to be asked to dance. I was just going to hang out with my friends. But now I’m standing here by myself. I looked at the boy. I didn’t know his name but I think he’s in my English class. I looked over at Julie again and then smiled at the boy. “Sure. Why not?”

His grin was wide and he surprised me by taking my hand and leading me out with the other kids dancing. Lucky for me, the DJ wasn’t playing slow, romantic songs at the moment. The boy found a spot and took both my hands and started to dance. I tried to follow him.

He smiled at me again. “You look familiar, but sorry if I don’t know your name. I’m Walter.”

Well, crap. I really hadn’t thought about using a girl’s name with my friends. They’re likely to call me something like “Luke”, not one of the girl’s names I like to call myself when I’m dressing up at home. I hesitated a moment while I tried to think of something. “My name is Luka.” I hoped that was a girl’s name.

“Nice to meet you, Luka,” Walter smiled at me. A few moments later, the current song ended and the DJ started a slow song. Terrific.

He pressed his cheek against mine and his hand managed to find its way to my ass. He was holding me very close. I had a good idea what he was thinking and I didn’t care for it at all.

After the third song dancing with Walter, he said, “Hey. What do you say we leave this party and go have some fun?”

Letting go of Walter’s hand, I said, “Thanks, but I’m sure my boyfriend wouldn’t like that.”

Crestfallen, Walter asked, “You have a boyfriend?”

“Yes,” I lied. I hoped lying about having a boyfriend would cause him to go away.

Walter smiled weakly. “Well, thanks for letting me dance with prettiest girl in school.” I almost laughed.

As I was trying to leave the dance floor, I met up with Julie as she stopped dancing with her storm trooper at the same time.

Frowning, Julie said, “You know what that little asshole just asked?”

I laughed. “Probably the same thing Walter asked me.”

Julie looked at me. “He wanted to strip you naked and have wild, drunken sex all night?”

I paused for a second before nodding at Julie. “Yes.”

We didn’t make it back to the tables though. Both of us were asked to dance by different guys. Since Julie accepted her invitation, I did as well. This whole party was becoming surreal. I really expected to be mostly bored at this school Halloween party. But I danced with six more guys before I had to tell the next guy I had to go sit down.

Julie was already sitting at a table when I arrived carrying a cup of punch.

Grinning, she said, “Well, aren’t you the popular girl tonight.”

I sat down and took a sip of punch. “You were being asked to dance too.”

Julie laughed. “I sat down twenty minutes ago while you stayed out there breaking hearts.”

“That long?” That really surprised me. “I guess I lost track of time.”

Julie just gave me a knowing smile. “Well, like the old saying; time flies when you’re having fun.”

I shrugged slightly. “I admit I did have fun dancing. I really didn’t think I would.”

Julie grinned. “You certainly got to dance with a lot of cute boys.”

I frowned. “That’s not why I was having fun.”

At that moment, Cary and Daniel returned from going all around the field house meeting their friends.

Daniel looked at Julie. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to ignore you all this time. Would you like to dance?”

Julie frowned. “It’s about time you asked!” Daniel took her hand and led her off to the dance floor.

After a few minutes of just standing by the punch bowl and watching Julie and Daniel dance, Cary walked over to where I was sitting. “Would you like to dance?”

I looked around to see if there was a girl nearby. “Oh. Who? Me?”

Cary nodded. “Well, yeah.”

I laughed. “You can’t be serious!”

Cary frowned. “I am serious. I want to dance with the girl I came here with.”

I shook my head. “The only girl you came here with is Julie, and she looks busy right now.”

In all seriousness, Cary looked at me. “I meant you.”

I just stared at Cary a moment. “I didn’t come with you, Cary. We all came together. And I’m not a girl, in case you’ve forgotten.” Not to mention that my feet still hurt from all the dancing I’d been doing.

He actually took my hand. “You’re beautiful and I want to dance with you. You danced with that dweeb.” I guess he didn’t notice me dancing with the other guys.

I laughed. “That was different. I wanted to piss off Axel and …” Cary just kept looking at me. I heaved a sigh. “Okay. I’ll dance with you. Just stop staring at me.”

Cary grinned broadly and led me to the dance floor. The song currently playing wound down as we found an empty spot.

The DJ said, “Okay. We’re going to slow things back down a bit. This song is for all you lovers out there.” Oh great.

Cary put his arm on my waist and drew me close as I put my arm around his shoulder. We just started swaying back and forth which is the height of my dancing ability. Cary’s cheek was almost touching mine as we danced. My emotions started going all over the place.

I’m really not interested in guys. No seriously. But since middle school, I have had a major crush on Cary that I just don’t understand. I wanted to be friends with him. And after all this time, I’ve worked up to where we’re best friends. We hang out and play video games a lot. And now, here I am dancing with him. And in all these years, other than a knuckle bump, we’d never touched. And now, here he was holding my hand and had one arm around my shoulder. He was holding me close and once or twice our cheeks would touch. And I couldn’t ignore the thrill that shot through me when his cheek brushed up against mine. Stop it! I yelled inside my head. We’re just friends.

“This is nice,” said Cary as he led me through a slow spin. “I should have danced with you sooner.”

I just smiled. I think he misinterpreted my smile as he drew me even closer to him.

“We’ve been friends a long time. It’s odd I’ve never noticed how pretty you are,” Cary whispered in my ear.

I blushed. “Thank you. But since I’m not a girl, it’s not like I dress this way all the time.” Okay I do. But only Mom knows about that.

Cary chuckled slightly. “Maybe you should start.” His hand slipped from my waist to my ass. It annoyed me. Almost every guy I danced with tonight would eventually touch my ass.

“Cary, would you mind moving your hand?” I whispered to him as he held me close.

Grinning, he said, “I like it there!” He held my ass as he pushed his crotch into me. Oh my God! I felt his hard-on.

I stopped dancing. “Am I turning you on?”

Looking confused, Cary said, “Who wouldn’t get turned on dancing with the prettiest girl here?”

So I wouldn’t yell, I whispered a hiss through clenched teeth. “You know I’m not a girl. This is just weird!”

“Baby, I’m sorry…” Cary stepped closer to me, arms outstretched to take my hand to resume dancing.

I didn’t yell, but I did say a bit louder than I intended, “I’m not your baby. This is too weird for me. I need to go outside for some air.” I turned quickly and walked as fast as I could in the short skirt and high heels towards the door.

“Babe, wait!”

My emotional state was in a complete riot. I had secretly longed for the boy I had a crush on to finally notice me. How many times did I fantasize about being a girl and Cary taking me into his arms? But never in my life would I have ever approached him. Cary has obviously always liked girls. I only dressed in private and even to myself would never admit to wanting to be a girl. And now here he was, through our clothes, pressing his hard cock into me. It just wasn’t right!

Stepping into the cold night air outside the field house shocked me back into clearer thinking. Honestly, what the hell was I doing? Coming to a school party dressed in a very short cheerleader uniform, high heels and being all made up?

I took a deep breath. I had to admit to myself that deep down, I had wanted every boy to notice me. To validate me. But I really wasn’t expecting to “turn on” my best friend.

I walked aimlessly for a few moments out of the glare of a parking lot light, lost in my thoughts. I heard someone take a few steps behind me. I turned, expecting to see Cary.

It wasn’t Cary.

A rather large guy who looked to be in his early twenties and not in high school was standing right in front of me after I had turned around.

The guy grinned as he took a step closer to me. “Well. Good evening pretty girl. It’s a little chilly to be outside without a coat, don’t you think?”

Suddenly alert, I took a step backwards. I wanted to run. Yeah, right. In heels. “I’m okay. I just stepped out for some fresh air.”

He took another step towards me. “You look cold to me, girl. I could warm you up.”

I took another step back. “I’m fine. Really. I should probably get back to the party.”

The guy took another step towards me. He laughed. “School parties are so boring, aren’t they?” He looked me up and down. “You look like a girl who likes to have fun, am I right?”

I was now scared shitless. I took another step back. “I hate fun. I need to go back.”

Before I could react, he grabbed my arm. “You can go with me, girl. I see you looking at me. You want me, don’t you. Admit it. You’re excited!”

I screamed, “Help! Somebody!” I tried to kick this guy in the groin, but he had moved to make it harder to kick at him.

I struggled against him. But he had very strong grip. He clasped a hand over my mouth. “Shut up, bitch!” He started to pull me further into the parking lot and away from the field house.

From behind me, I heard scuffling of feet on the pavement. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see three people running in my direction.

“Hey! Let her go! That’s my girl!” Cary’s voice rang out loud and clear. As he ran towards us, he was holding his phone out, the camera taking rapid pictures, causing almost a strobe effect from the flash.

The guy holding me shouted, “Shit!” as he raised an arm to try to hide his face from Cary’s camera. He bumped hard into a parked car. He released his hold on me and ran off into the darkness.

Cary ran up to me and shouted, “Are you okay?”

I’ve never been more scared in my whole life. I was shaking and not from the cold. Not able to hold back the tears, I threw my arms around Cary’s neck and cried in heaving sobs on his shoulder.

“Oh, thank God you guys showed up!” I cried.

Julie and Daniel around just moments later. Julie touched my arm. “Are you okay? He didn’t hurt you, did he?” Still buried in Cary’s shoulder, I shook my head. Cary put his arms around me.

Through the crying, I managed to say, “I’m okay.”

Daniel ran a few steps into the parking lot in the direction my attacker had run. “Should we go after him?”

Anger tingeing her voice Julie said, “He’s long gone by now. Who knows where he went.”

I stood there for a minute, shaking and crying. Finally, I pulled away from him and said to Cary, “Thank you. Thank you so much.”

Cary smiled at me as he ran the fingers of one hand through my hair. We just stood there looking at each other.

Julie frowned. “Oh just kiss her already!”

I looked up at Cary and smiled. I thought what Julie just said about him kissing me was funny and amusing that she referred to me as “her”.

Cary grinned and then he bent his head down and softly touched his lips against mine. Oh God! My emotions were a riot once more. I pressed my lips into his as I closed my eyes and slid my arms around his neck. I was in heaven.

*          *          *

“Hey Luka!” said a familiar voice from behind me in the school hall. I stopped walking and turned around to see Cary hurrying up to me. Sadly, none of the multiple pictures Cary took with his phone of my attacker showed a face. Just as well, I hadn’t wanted to talk to the police considering the way I was dressed.

“We’re at school, Cary. Just call me Luke,” I admonished him.

“Okay,” said Cary looking annoyed at being admonished. “But it’s Luka I want to talk to.”

I frowned. “We’re the same person except Luka doesn’t really exist.”

Looking down at his feet and suddenly seeming to be nervous, Cary finally looked up at me. “Are you busy Friday night?”

Feeling worried, I said, “Well, that’s one of our usual gaming nights. Why?”

Looking at his feet again, Cary said nervously, “I… I uh… I was wondering if you’d like to go to a movie and maybe dinner?”

I probably looked stupid with my mouth hanging open. “Are you asking me out on a date? Seriously?”

Looking back up at me he said, “Well yeah, seriously. But if you’re busy or something, I understand.”

I just stood there for a few moments. What do I say? What do I do? I mean, here’s the boy I’ve crushed on for years asking me out on a date. He kissed me this past Saturday and I loved every nano-second of it. And now he wants me to go on a date. Holy crap!

“Why do you want to go on a date with me?” I asked.

“It’s normal to want to go on dates with your girl,” he said seriously.

I couldn’t help but chuckle. “I’m not your girl. I’m not even *a* girl. And this isn’t normal.”

Undeterred, Cary said, “You’re the prettiest girl I know. You’re very nice. And you kiss better than any girl I’ve ever kissed.”

I looked at him as if he’d just said he was from Mars. “That’s crazy.”

Cary shook his head. “I’m serious.”

I just looked at him for a few moments. Finally I said, “What time Friday?”

Cary’s face lit up like the Fourth of July. “I’ll pick you up at six! Thanks Luka. I gotta get to class. See ya.”

I just stood there dumbfounded for a few moments. I have a date. With a boy. I allowed myself to smile slightly as I started back down the hall to my next class.

Approaching me in the hall, carrying several sheets of paper and wearing a grin was the girl’s coach, Coach Wepler.

“Hey. I’m glad I caught you,” said Coach Wepler. “I just talked to the principal and he agreed we need more cheerleaders and he even agreed to allow you on the squad.”

“I’m not a girl,” I started to say.

“You look exactly like your sister,” said the coach as if that solved everything. “Here are the forms you need to fill out along with the fees and this form has the cheers you need to learn and the tumbles you need for the try out. Try outs are this Thursday. I think you’d make a great cheerleader. I have to run.”

Coach Wepler left me standing there dazed. Me try out for cheerleader? Is she crazy? Or am I, for seriously considering trying out. What the hell, right?

As I was looking through the forms the coach had given me, Julie came up and touched my elbow. “Hey girl. Are you busy Saturday night?”

I looked up from the forms. “Not at the moment. And I’m not a girl.”

Julie giggled. “You sure seemed like one last Saturday. That reminds me. You might be interested to know that a couple of girls at the party wanted me to ask you what salon you went to. They loved your hair. Since I knew, I went ahead and told them.”

I looked at Julie with a bit of a frown. “That’s flattering and disturbing at the same time.”

“Anyway,” continued Julie. “Are you busy Saturday?”

Smirking, I asked, “Are you asking me out?”

Julie laughed. “Kinda sorta. A couple of my cousins will be visiting this weekend and I thought we could have a like a girls night out kinda thing. No boys. Just us girls.”

I shook my head in disbelief at what happened in the space of a few minutes. “I might as well. I’m already trying out for cheerleader on Thursday, and since I seem to be his girlfriend now, I’m going on a date with Cary on Friday. I might was well finish out the week with your girls night out.”

Looking surprised, Julie exclaimed, “You’re kidding, right?”

I shook my head again. “Nope. Very serious. Crazy huh?”

Julie grinned. “Can I be your Maid of Honor at your wedding?”

“That’s not funny!” I growled.

Julie laughed as she glanced at her cell phone. “I think you’d make a beautiful bride! But hey, I need to jet. Going to be late for class. I’ll come Thursday to the try outs to give you some moral support.”

I watched her hurry away. I could only think of her comment about a wedding. That’s just crazy talk.

Isn’t it?

*          *          *

The End

up
536 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

cute story

kristin's picture

as usual, I love your writing style and the content...so here's hoping this might be "part 1" ?? The cheer tryout might be interesting. Thank you

kristyn nichols

Tied a Bow on the Ending

BarbieLee's picture

Wondered where this story was going as it was getting ripe with all the advances on the poor girl. Then when I was about to drop the story as not interested in those kind of tales, Miss Brown turned it completely around before it went south and tied a very pretty bow on the end as a very funny feel good story. I'm a sap for Fairy Tale endings and this was a very nice one.
Excellent telling of a story with built in roller coaster ride of emotions. I don't like this story..., I love this story.
Great handling of characters and dialog where I was drawn into the tale and was thoroughly disgusted with the party action.

Life is a gift. Treasure it until it's time to return it.
always,
Barb

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Well said! That's why I love

Donna T's picture

Well said! That's why I love her writing. This story could/should continue.

Donna

Such a wonderful

sugar_britches63's picture

Such a wonderful start to a story and some juicy loose ends to cover that may lead to more interesting paths to follow. I truly hope that the story continues.

Charlotte

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

I loved it!

Donna T's picture

A fine story with new angles. " And I couldn’t ignore the thrill that shot through me when his cheek brushed up against mine." Thanks

Donna

Good story

I enjoyed the story a great deal, would still like to see some longer stories, maybe this is part 1. Although I would still like to see what happens next in accidental girlfriend, the ending to princess warrior and Queen of Q’fahr.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

Always been a big fan Melanie

Guess I see a theme here in your stories. Were you a cheerleader too? Whatever! I really love reading your stories as they are so full of hope and love. Nice twist in the end too.

Always a fan,

Santacruzman

I don't think its

Samantha Heart's picture

Too crazy I don't think.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Great as a short story

Many readers are looking for continuing this story of the new girl in town, Luka. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I like this story just as it is. No need for further chapters. Sometimes, a short story is enough and this is the case. BUT, if you write more chapters, I'll read them. Great story, simple, but compelling story line.

As always, loved it

My5InchFMHeels's picture

But as always, it's such a teaser. Nicely tied off, as many of your stories are, but with so much potential, and we have to draw our own conclusions.

Great!

She can go full time over the summer. Few or no one will know her in college and she can get her surgery after her freshmyn year.

Thanks for the story. ;-)

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

What might this party...

What might that Halloween Party lead to. It is a nice story that Luke seems to be getting into more deeply. I think dating Cary, being a friend with Julie in a new way and cheerleading which he had done with his sister are all things Luka seems interested in. Maybe at big holidays or as a cheerleader on a special occasion.

Nice to have a new story from you Melanie.

Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Hellooo Baybee!

Another Home run Mel. You do it in 7500 words too!
I always love the way you Bop along. If I toss another one of those in, I'll chew off my nails.

MERRY CHRISTMAS,
Karen

Awesome story.

WillowD's picture

Very sweet. Thank you.

The second time around.

WillowD's picture

This story is also great for re-reading. I am so giggling right now.

Not a girl

Jamie Lee's picture

Luke seemed to being trying some people at the party that he wasn't a girl, but to no avail.

And that would be rapist sure thought he was a girl just from looks. Even two teachers thought Luke was a girl or his sister.

From his mom to many at the party, Luke was girl to them all. And now the cheerleader coach wants his to try out for the squad.

Carl has star glazed glasses on and only sees Luka. Julie is about the same and wants Luka to join her and her cousins on Saturday.

So the question begs, if Luke finally got an excuse to go out in public dressed as a girl because of the party, and he wants to be a girl, and is accepted as a girl, why is he having trouble accepting what he wants?

Others have feelings too.

Accepting

Melanie Brown's picture

It's a bit intimidating, isn't it? Even if it's something you want, a major step like that is scary.

Melanie

This one is soooo funny

BarbieLee's picture

Brought to mind the saying about how to boil a frog. Cool water and keep turning up the heat. Luke got into that situation. Started out innocent enough and normal enough. Boy dressing up as girl to go to Halloween party. But then everyone began accepting his as a girl until everyone was convinced she was.
Melanie this is a cute story. Thanks for enlightening my evening.
Hugs
Barb
Life is a gift, treasure it.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Be Careful

Teek's picture

Be Careful what you wish for, you just might get it. - - Cute little story. She got what she wanted, even though she didn't know she wanted it.

The attack was scary, but you handled it well.

thanks for sharing this with us.

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek

school halloween party

I loved this story very much i can't wait to read a additional part i hope

I guess J.P. Richardson High School is more dignified

Julia Miller's picture

than calling it "The Big Bopper High". Good name, and I have learned to look up your school names all the time now. Yes, it will be a big step for Luka in school but something tells me this girl will be going to school instead of Luke. She just has to get the paperwork done. I know this is an old story and no one will probably read this, but I had to put in this comment.

Old story

Melanie Brown's picture

I read it! Thanks for reading and commenting.

Melanie

A fun story with just enough danger and awkwardness

I love these little tales of boys who get in over their pretty little heads and have to struggle to get out of the mess they've created. Just lovely ... Love Mom and love how both Luka and Luke handle their respective situations. Most young people think life is boring ... here's a great argument against that nonsense! lol

Thank you Melanie for this lovely and charming little slice of life. ♥

How did I miss this?

Iolanthe Portmanteaux's picture

I thought I'd read all of your stories, Melanie, but this one was new to me! It popped up as a Random Solo, and I'm glad it did.

It's fun, funny, and gives dreams of a better world.

hugs,

- iolanthe