Katie Ann - Chapter 25: Costume Winner

Printer-friendly version

Katie Ann

Nineteen-year-old submissive Kathleen was sick of men who only wanted to be her master for sexual reasons, but when she responded to a message from a gentleman on a matching site, she didn't realize how life-changing their relationship would be, and how right it would feel.

By
Becky Reus
Proofread By Jamie M
©2018-2019

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Edited October 2023 to fix grammar issues.

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Chapter Twenty Five: Costume Winner

Next Saturday saw a hive of activity in the cluster after an early dinner, with a majority of the girls getting ready for a Halloween party. Tiffany, in a Strawberry shortcake costume, came across the cluster to see if Katie was ready in her rag doll costume that she had given her after they got back from dinner. She found her sister in the costume reading a book in the cluster, so she asked her, “What are you reading? Raggedy Ann?”

“Macbeth for Literature, there is a lot of stuff I would rather read than Shakespeare,” Katie answered.

“Let’s finish getting you dressed, then the cluster can bring our star attraction to the event,” Tiff said, as she was buttoning up the back of the costume. She continued by tying the sash for the pinafore, before leading Katie to her room. Taking off the wig that was sitting loosely on the rag doll’s hair, she started to french braid the hair, before pinning the tails out of the way.

Tiff then attached the wig back to Katie’s hair, before painting a face on her face. After she was helped up, she felt Tiff pat her bottom.

“Are you going to be okay with not being padded? We don’t have any of them here,” Tiff asked.

“The pull-ups will do,” Katie answered.

With that discussion done, the two sisters headed back into the cluster where the rest of the group that was going was waiting. Tiff addressed the rest of the group, “Girls, remember Katie is seven today.”

Claire, who was dressed up as a scarecrow, mumbled what she thought was quietly to herself, “Was she ever college age?” The group responded with voices of "good question," causing Claire to jump in surprise that her rhetorical question was heard.

Tiffany, after taking Katie’s hand, said: “Lead on to the event, Holly.” With that cue, the little costumed group headed towards downtown Mountain.

After they got to the town hall, Holly spoke to the person at the door, “9 adults, and one child.”

“How old is she?”

“I believe seven.”

“You want to enter her in the costume contest?”

Holly looked at Tiff and got a nod of affirmative, so she responded with yes.

“Nine fifty for admission, and two fifty for the contest. I will need someone to fill out the forms for the young girl.”

After Holly paid for the lot to enter, she was handed a stack of papers for the contest, which she gave to Tiff. The other eight, including Holly, entered the event to enjoy what little there was for adults.

Tiff started to fill out a form that was in the papers that she got, occasionally looking at Katie while going hmm. After handing the form back to the lady at the door, she pinned a number to her little sister’s behind.

“She is yours?” the lady asked Tiff.

“She is my little sister,” which caused Katie to silently nod.

“Let me see your ID, we need to fill out..” the lady paused and looked at the contest form, “... Katie’s security ID band.”

After the lady was done, she handed the ID back and a paper wristband to Tiff, she instructed, “Put the band on her wrist, you will have to show that ID for her to leave this building. The costume parade and judging starts over there in about twenty minutes, I recommend dropping her off soon.” The lady pointed to the far corner where most of the kids were standing.

After Tiffany put the paper band on Katie, the two headed towards the start of the parade. The ragdoll was checked in for the second-grade category, and she was told to stand where some other kids who looked to be around seven years old.

After her big sister left, Katie just looked around the large event hall, there was a bouncy castle near her and a few carnival games next to it. She could see other activities spread around the hall.

A girl standing next to her dressed as Alice interrupted her thoughts, “I like your outfit, Raggedy Ann, I am Laura.”

“Thank you, Laura, I am Katie, you have a nice costume too.”

“It isn’t homemade like yours, you don’t go to my school, where do you go?”

“Clearwater Elementary, I am here visiting my sister this weekend.”

“Why is she here? Shouldn’t she be in Clearwater too?”

“She goes to Mountain College.”

“Oh makes sense, was she Strawberry Shortcake?”

“Yes, she was. Oh, the younger kids are starting Laura.”

By the time the parade got to the second graders, Katie and Laura were becoming good friends. The parade snaked around the hall, as they went by one area she heard a voice say “Katie!” Turning towards the voice, she saw her cluster mates standing together in between camera flashes.

“Who are those people with your sister?” Laura asked.

“Her dorm mates,” Katie pointed out.

They went a little further, and Laura’s name was shouted, turning to the voice it appeared that it was Laura’s parents with the required camera. She asked her new friend, “Your parents?”

“Yes, my mama and papa.”

Soon they were at the judging stand, a lady said her number out loud, and she was asked to make a slow spin, and then continue on with the parade. After the parade was done, Laura dragged Katie to the carnival games. As she was dragged by Tiffany, she just waved at her sister and followed her new friend to the games.

After the two girls had their fun at the games, winning candy along the way, Katie was the one leading this time towards the bouncy castle. After they were done in the castle, Laura wanted to try bobbing for apples.

“I will mess up my makeup if I do that. I will gladly watch, though,” the ragdoll pointed out. So that is exactly what the two girls did, with Katie giggling at Laura's attempts to get an apple. The regressed got lapped when the other girl finally got one, earning more candy for her attempt.

After handing her new friend a towel to dry her face, the regressed girl led her new friend towards a bunch of donuts hanging on strings. She asked the lady manning the game table, “What is the object of this game, Ma’am?”

“To be the first to eat all your donut without any bits dropping to the floor with no hands.”

Looking at Laura, and getting a nod, she said, “We'd like to play it, Ma’am.”

The lady had the two girls each stand under a hanging donut and adjusted the donut's height so the girls would have to stand on their toes to reach the top of the donut. She then took another ribbon and loosely tied the girls' hands behind their backs.

After they were told to go the two girls slowly but surely ate their donuts, with it being neck and neck between Laura and Katie. Laura actually won because the last sliver of Katie’s won the war with gravity and hit the floor.

After undoing the ribbons around their wrists, Katie was handed a small bag of candy, and Laura was handed a larger bag. As they were heading to what looked like a tug of war, they heard from the loudspeaker, “I hope everyone had fun today, if the Boys and Girls could find their parents and gather around the stage we will award the prizes earned today.”

Katie and Laura headed towards the stage, finding Tiffany and her fellow cluster mates conveniently standing next to Laura’s parents as if they were discussing the two young girls. After handing her small collection of candy to Tiff, she continued talking to Laura, specifically the American Girl dolls discussion they started right before the donut contest.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, Girls and Boys, may I have your attention,” a lady on the stage said into the mic.

“We will start with the Baby category and progress up the ages to the Teenager category. Please stay around to the end for best of show, and a few other prizes.”

“Without further ado, let me present the third place for the baby - store-bought category, David Smith,” the lady continued. A lady carrying a small baby dressed as Dumbo walked up to the stage to connect the prize.

“In second place we have Ally Arthur.” Katie just tuned out the rest and continued her discussion with Laura. The two girls were busy quietly discussing whatever came to their mind when Katie felt someone kicking the back of her shoes. Someone must have got Laura's attention too because she jumped and turned to look at her parents.

“In the best of first-grade category, we have Emily Kamp, with her Butterfly costume.” A young girl dressed as a butterfly came up to pick up her prize.

“In our second grade - store-bought category in third place we have Laura Schneider with her Alice costume.” Katie pushed her shocked friend towards the stage. After the prize was grabbed, the announcer continued with second place and first place for the second-grade store-bought category.

“In our second grade - homemade category in third place we have Katie Tee-gee-hoof in her Raggedy Ann costume,” the announcer said.

Katie just rolled her eyes at the butchering of her last name. She headed to the stage to get an envelope and a third-place ribbon handed to her. The lady whispered to her as she was handing it to her, “Make sure you stay to the end prizes.”

Handing the items to Tiff as she was getting a hug from her big sister, the two little girls continued to talk quietly as more prizes were handed out since they figured that as third place they wouldn’t win a best-of-category prize.

“That concludes our categories, the next ten prizes were open to all children in the contest. We will start with our furthest-away prize. Usually, this prize requires us to get a map of the county to decide what address is further away, but not this year. The winner this year is from over an hour away, from Clearwater, we have Katie Tee-gee-hoof,” the announcer said to a thunder of applause.

Katie, busy in a discussion about Disney Princesses, missed her butchered name, but Tiffany had not, the older girl pushed her little sister towards the aisle. Blinking from the shock of finding herself in the aisle, she walked towards the stage to receive another envelope and a small plaque.

They went on to award the youngest, oldest, most creative, funniest, scariest, most complicated, laziest, punniest, and best of show. Laura and Katie didn’t win any of those prizes. Katie was happy with the two prizes she won, she would have been happy with not winning a prize too.

“Thank you for taking part in our annual children’s Halloween contest and festival, we hope you all had a fun time. Can I have applause for all our games volunteers,” she paused for a moment before continuing, “and applause for all our contestants in our contest? ” That last bit got equally loud applause as the first applause. “Goodnight everyone,” the lady concluded.

After the two girls hugged goodbye, the nine college students led a tired little girl back to the dorm. Tiffany did have to check Katie out of the hall at one of the cops checking IDs and children’s wristbands before they could properly head to the dorm. Once back at the dorm, Tiffany took charge and got Katie ready for bed. She scrubbed her little sister's face first. It was well past ten by the time the regressed girl was tucked in her bed.

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Sunday evening while getting dinner at the food court, Katie was stopped by one of the cooks who looked very familiar. “I thought that was you, Katie … Laura enjoyed spending time with you at the Halloween event,” the cook said.

She got a lump in her throat, realizing that if Laura’s mother worked in the food hall, she had seen her multiple times. The cook had to already know that the regressed girl was a college student. Slowly she composed her statement, “Thank you, am I in trouble, Mrs. Schneider?”

“No, from what I saw yesterday, and previous times in this dining hall, I’m not sure if you are a college student. Your appearance today wouldn’t give anyone questions if I told them that you are seven. You appear outward as a school-age girl while getting a college education. Also, your good manners could rub off on Laura next time you two are together.”

“Next time?!?!”

“You don’t want to see your new friend again?”

“I didn’t say that, Ma’am. A return visit would require a backstory as to why I am back in town instead of at the elementary school that I technically haven’t gone to for longer than my supposedly seven years of age.”

“There is always being honest,” Mrs. Schneider suggested.

“That I am both seven and nineteen?”

“Is that how you see yourself?”

“I feel more like seven years old than the nineteen that I really am, except when I am in class or doing homework.”

“I will let her know I saw you, and you are still a cutie out of costume. I will let you get back to your dinner.”

With a red face, Katie said, “Thank you, Ma’am.” After taking her tray of food to her cluster table, the girls started to grill the regressed girl.

“Was that Laura’s Mother you were talking to Katie?” Holly asked.

After giving a nod of affirmation Katie was quizzed by her big sister if that was going to cause a problem. “I'm not sure. She didn’t seem upset. She did want to set up a playdate with Laura.”

Tiffany just giggled, “You are going to have a nice collection of friends your age, with Stacy and Laura.”

Blushing, Katie just nodded and dug into her food.

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Author's Note:Comments and questions are always welcomed -- Thanks Becky

up
64 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I've been waiting patiently

And you did not disappoint. I love this story can't wait to read the next chapter

EllieJo Jayne

Another Stacy situation... of sorts.

Beoca's picture

The web around Katie seems to grow ever bigger. All is good for now - and she did great in the contest - but someone is going to fuss about it. Let's just hope and pray that the wrong people don't find out. And that Laura takes the truth well (and she will have to be told it).