Katie Ann - Chapter 42: Presence is Demanded

Printer-friendly version

Katie Ann

What do you do when you look 7 years old, but you're actually a college student in your late teens? For Kathleen's entire life, she had fought against people treating her much younger than her actual age. Feeling obligated to grow up fast to show people she wasn't the age of her size, Kathleen never let her inner child out. Tired of fighting against the world, she explores the adult submissive world. What she finds, however, is an enjoyment of regression. Had she made a mistake? Would life be better if she just let people treat her how she looks, 7 years old?

By
Becky Reus

©2018-2023

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Chapter Forty-Two: Presence is Demanded

Alexa Rose was getting her mail Monday when she saw she had a package, addressed to her. She opened it up to discover three envelopes inside it on top of some other packages. They were addressed to Mrs. Alexandra Lynn Rose, Miss Christina Grace Rose, and Miss Margaret Allison Rose.

She opened hers first, and it said, “Your presence is demanded on 12/09/2006 at 2:30 at the Olsen Performing Arts Center to see ‘The Nutcracker’.” Along with three tickets, there was another letter inside that said,

“Alexa, please have the two girls, and yourself available at your house at eleven thirty on the ninth for a makeover. Outfits will be provided at the makeover at no expense to you. Lunch should be completed before the makeover. To speed up the process, please dress Tina and Megan in the provided tights and camisoles. All three of you should also be in easy-to-remove buttoned tops.”

The letter didn’t say who it came from and the box didn’t have a return address. For that matter, the box didn’t have postage on it. Someone had dropped it secretly off at her house. This screamed her brother, but then again she could see her Mother doing this too.

Since Tina was available she read hers to her youngest daughter, and it said the same thing that hers said.

She continued looking in the box, and she found two packages of white tights, one in Tina’s size, and one in Megan’s size. Underneath those, she found three packages of camisoles, one in each of their sizes. Taking more stuff out she found three shoe boxes of various sizes. Looking at the size of the largest box she discovered it to be her own size.

The other two shoe boxes were identical. She opened one up to discover a pair of green patent mary-janes. Looking at the tag, she discovered it to be in Megan’s size. The other box contained almost identical shoes, red patent in Tina’s size. Now this screamed her mother's involvement because the mystery person knew all of their sizes.

It wasn’t more than fifteen minutes later that Mike’s bus dropped him off. He walked into the house to be greeted by “Megan please come here.” Looking down at himself … herself in her boy clothes she tried to rack her brain if she had done anything naughty lately.

“Yes, Mommie?” Megan softly asked when she got to the kitchen.

Mommie said, “A letter came for you today.”

“A letter for me?” The little girl asked shocked, she had only just been named on Thursday. Looking at it, she asked, “What is that word?”

“Margaret, It is your formal name,” Mommie said.

“Miss Margaret Allison Rose” … opens the envelope … “Your” long pause …

“Presence means being somewhere,” Mommie said.

“Is” another long pause …

“Demanded, means not an option, you must do it,” Mommie said.

“On 12/09/2006 at 2:30 at the Olsen” pause …

“Performing Arts Center, basically a theater.” Mommie continued.

“To see ‘The Nut … Crack … er’”

“Very good sweetie.”

“Grandpa has a theater?”

“No, I think it was your Great Grandpa who donated for this one.”

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Ally told her roommate when she walked into the room after her morning classes on Monday, "Katie, you have mail. Well, one of those was shoved underneath the door. I ran to the door but no one was around."

There was a letter addressed to Miss Kathleen Annabelle Telgenhof, four letters from her college, and Reminisce Extra magazine.

She opened the formal sounding one first to be greeted to “Your presence is demanded on 12/09/2006 at 2:30 at the Olsen Performing Arts Center to see ‘The Nutcracker’.” The envelope had no return address nor a stamp. It puzzled her to no end. She would have to contact Daddie.

The letter in the first envelope was labeled “Course Requirements for an Animal Science Major.” The second letter was “Course Requirements for a Biology Minor.” The third envelope was fat, it contained a letter, and the spring semester course offering booklet.

Dear Kathleen A. Telgenhof,

Your assigned room is 313 Whitlatter Hall.

You have Allison M. Maples as your assigned roommate.

With your tentative cumulative GPA of 3.91*, you have been awarded Monday 12/04/2006 at 8:00 a.m. as the earliest you may register for spring 2007 semester courses in the Herman Room in the Student Life Center. Please bring this letter
with you.

* Tentative cumulative GPA uses fall 2006 semester midterms to figure GPA.

She discovered the backside was a list of required core classes with completion status. Glancing back at her minor and major letters she saw they also had the completion status for requirements.

She glanced at the front of the fourth letter, the return address was at the college but it didn’t give the department. She opened it up to reveal it was from Disability Services.

Dear Kathleen A. Telgenhof,

We would like to remind you that Mountain College offers various services to assist students registered as disabled. Although you are registered with the college as disabled, we show no record of you using our services in the three semesters you have been here. We encourage you to take advantage of the resources we offer and refer to the attached pamphlet for more information on our services. Our offices are conveniently located on the first floor of the Ralph Administration Building from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

You may register at the Disability Services office regardless of your GPA on Monday 12/04/2006 at 9:30 a.m. for spring 2007 courses.

– Disability Services Department.

The letter indeed did include a pamphlet on disability services. She thought she would save it to let Daddie parse over it. She so far didn’t think she needed help with her disability as that office called it. She for sure wasn’t registering at that time. She did hope that Ally and or Tiff’s registration times were around hers.

She set that down and looked at the Magazine. She thought, “That is new. I must have Reminisce and Reminisce Extra subscriptions now.”

Shrugging, she picked up her phone to call Daddie. It immediately said, “This is Adam Olsen, I can not come to the phone right now. If this is an emergency, please call the reception at 555-555-2904. Otherwise please leave a message after the beep.”

“Ally, what time did you get for registration? I got eight a.m..” Katie asked after she hung up the phone.

Ally replied, “Eight-ten.”

“The only problem is Stacy will be here,” Katie pointed out.

Ally pointed back, “So will Molly, we will take them with us.”

She nodded and headed into the cluster with the course offering booklet and her major and minor requirements.

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

At about three Katie tried her Daddie again, which rewarded her with, “Hello Buttercup.”

“Hello Daddie,” the little girl said.

“What can I do for you, or did you just call to hear my voice.”

“No, I got this cryptic invite DEMANDING I go to the Nutcracker on the ninth at the Olsen Performing Arts Center.”

“You're not the only one, I got one too. Mine came with tights and shoes for you. Mine also included a letter of instructions,” Daddie informed.

“So it wasn’t you who put this under my door?” Katie asked.

Daddie said, “Is that my style?”

Shaking her head, “No Daddie.”

Daddie said, “Oh, Sara is at my door. I have to go, sweetie.”

Katie said, “Goodbye Daddie.”

Hanging up the phone, she dialed another number from a paper, which rewarded her with, “Tim Olsen speaking.”

“Hello Grandpa Olsen,” Katie said.

“I don’t recognize this number. The only granddaughter I have that would even have a phone is Katie Ann.”

“That is me, Grandpa.”

Grandpa replied, “What can I do for you, Princess?”

“How would I go about changing my contract with Daddie?”

“Oh, that is a serious request. How about we discuss it over dinner tomorrow? Your grandparents can take you somewhere nice to eat,” Grandpa replied.

Katie said, “Wednesday would work better, it will be tight with classes tomorrow.”

“We will pick you up at five on Wednesday.”

“Yes Grandpa,” Katie acknowledged.

They said goodbye before Katie hung up the phone. She hadn’t returned to planning her next semester when her phone rang. The caller ID told her it was Sara Bullard.

“Hello Auntie,” Katie said, answering.

Stacy replied, “It is me Bestie.”

“Stacy!”

“Katie!”

“Not that I mind talking to you, but you normally don’t call. What is up?” Katie asked.

Stacy replied, “Did you get a letter demanding you see the Nutcracker.”

“I did. I am guessing since you are asking, that you did too.”

Stacy said, “Yes, Mommie and I got one demanding we attend. Daddie got one requesting he attend.”

“Mine was shoved under my door. Ally was in the room, but no one was there when she looked in the cluster.”

The best friend said, “Whoever it was knew our full names. Mommie called them formal names.”

“Daddie swears it wasn’t him,” Katie pointed out.

Stac pointed out, “Mommie’s came with instructions, and they came in a box with shoes.”

“Bestie, I hate to be rude, but I could talk to you all night. I need to figure out what I am taking next semester, instead.”

“Ok, talk to you later Bestie,” Stacy said.

Katie said, “Talk to …” She continued to herself, “Oh, she hung up.”

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Later that day when Tiff walked into the cluster, Katie asked, “Sis, what time did you get for registration? I got eight a.m..”

“I got five minutes after eight, sweetie,” Tiff responded. She continued, “If you got eight, your GPA must be higher than mine.”

The little girl just blushed and returned to her book.

Juliette soon came up to the two sisters with a cup full of names and said, “Girls we are drawing for the Secret Santa exchange on the fourteenth of next month. You are not allowed your roommate’s name nor are you two allowed each other's name.”

Katie drew a name from the cup and saw it said “Tiffany,” she said, “I can't have this one.” She drew again and got Holly’s name. Tiff drew a name and smiled. Once the names were assigned Juliette went to other cluster mates.

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Wednesday at about five o’clock, Katie was waiting in the Hall’s lobby for her grandparents. Ally had dressed her in a red Christmas sweatshirt. There were snowflakes and a girl reindeer on her front. It was definitely a girl because it had green bows tied on both of its antlers. She didn’t even know she owned Christmas clothes. She hadn’t bought any since the big purge. Then again she hadn’t bought a single thing since Labor Day, except for a tank of gas on her trip to Clearwater. Her every want and need was now provided for her.

She lost the war with Ally and was sitting waiting properly, as the older one called it, padded. Speaking about Ally, she wouldn’t let the little girl wait alone. Nope, she was also sitting in the lobby.

Katie fumbled with her wallet that Grandma had texted insisting she brought with her. Looking at the mirror across from her she thought she looked weird. There was a seven-year-old with a wallet and a phone sitting on top of a large folder sitting on her lap.

Distracted by the stairway door opening, she missed Granny coming in the front doors. She jumped when she looked forward to seeing her there.

“I will take those, Princess,” Granny said before putting the wallet, keys, and phone in her purse.

Ally said, “She should be dry. I just changed her.”

“Since you aren’t Tiffany, you must be Allison.”

“Yes Ma’am,” Ally acknowledged.

Turning to look at her granddaughter, “Let me have that folder. Your grandpa is waiting in the car.” She continued, “Allison, she should be back around eight.”

The regressed girl walked with her hand securely held by her Grandma. She was led to a gray small SUV which as promised had Grandpa behind the wheel. The backdoor was opened to show a child seat waiting for her. She crawled into it only to be told, “Lean forward, I have to adjust the straps.”

After the straps were adjusted the five-point harness was done. Granny said as she was getting in the front seat, “You are a little bigger than Tina.”

After they pulled away Katie said, “Grandma and Grandpa, can I be a weird combination of seven and nineteen today?”

“Why?” Grandpa asked.

“Because I feel like, am dressed like, and look like a seven-year-old. But I want to discuss adult subjects, better done by my nineteen-year-old side,” Katie explained.

Grandma nodded and said, “You may.”

Grandpa turned into a Red Lobster and Katie looked at undoing the harness when the car stopped. Her hand got slapped. “Don’t you dare! I know mine don’t lock but you don’t have permission to release yourself,” Grandpa said as he released her and held her hand.

“Olsen party of three please,” Grandma told the hostess.

The hostess answered, “We are cleaning a table, it will be no more than 10 minutes.”

“Olsen, party of three,” came over the speakers.

The hostess asked, “Does she want a children’s menu?”

Katie herself answered meekly since her shyness was surfacing, “Please.”

They were led to a circular table, which Grandpa got in first. Katie was forced to get in next. Granny finally trapped her in the end. The little girl told her Grandma she wanted the garlic shrimp before turning to her activity sheet.

A very familiar waitress said as she set the rolls down, “My name is Claire, what can I get you to drink?”

“I will have a Pepsi, my wife will have a Diet, and the princess will have …”

Claire said, “An iced tea.”

“How in the world did you know?” Granny asked, shocked.

Claire looked around, and paused, thinking how to answer that discreetly. Katie on the other hand was turning bright red. Finally, the older one in appearance said, “Tiffany is my roommate.”

Grandpa looked at Grandma concerned. Grandma asked, “Is that going to be a problem?”

“Nope. This is nothing new,” Claire said with a smile while leaving to get the drinks. She soon returned with the promised drinks, Katie’s having a lid and a bendy straw.

They soon gave their orders, … “ and the small one will have your garlic shrimp with broccoli off the children’s menu.”

Once she departed, Grandpa opened the contract, he said softly, “Show me sweetie how you want to change this contract.”

Kathleen bent the top page to show the second page. Pointing to the contract while saying, “I want to modify this part of this clause as a Christmas present for Daddie.”

Grandma with a chuckle said, “Oh, I didn’t give you enough?”

Katie squeaked, “No! Yours hurts!”

Grandpa, while smiling, put the contract away, and said, “I will come up with something and run it by you. Can I keep this contract to make a copy?”

“I guess. Tiffany has a copy if I need to access one,” Katie said, giving permission.

Claire soon returned with the food, she said, “For you, Ma’am. And for you, Sir. Last but not least for Princess Katie.”

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Back in the car with Katie strapped in, Grandma looked at her and asked, “What bank do you use?”

“Why?” Katie asked, confused.

Grandma told her, “We are going Christmas shopping and I figured you would like to buy some gifts.”

Nodding Katie said, “Pennsylvania State Bank.”

They drove up to a branch that had a walk-up ATM. The regressed girl was escorted to the ATM by her grandma. Katie said, “Let me check my balance.” … pause … “There is over one and a half thousand dollars in here!??!??!” … another pause … “How did it get so much?”

Grandma with a chuckle said, “That is what happens when you don’t spend your allowance for months.”

Katie composing herself asked, “How much should I get out?”

“Two hundred should work for now,” Granny said.

Once the money was withdrawn, Katie wasn’t allowed to grab the money. Grandma said, “I will take that, and the card.” Katie watched as Grandma put both of them in the little girl’s wallet.

Back in the car, Grandma asked, “Kathleen, who do you have to buy presents for?”

“Well, there is my niece Heidi, my Mom and Dad, my sister and brother-in-law. Ann and Zoe. Allison, Tiffany, and Holly for the Secret Santa. Then Katie needs to get presents for Daddie, Auntie Sara, Stacy, you two, Auntie Alexa, and Uncle Brian. Tina and Mike or Megan need presents too, but that might be better served by Daddie giving them as a family. Also giving Katie gifts, instead of Kathleen gifts to Grandma and Grandpa Telgenhof might be an option.” Breathing she said, “I think that is all of them.”

Grandma said, “That is a lot. And don’t quote me, but I am almost certain that Mike will not show his face at Christmas. I will have three Granddaughters again.”

Grandpa was pulling into the mall at this time, and again once Katie was released her hand was held securely.

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Katie was patiently waiting as Grandma purchased something using money from the older lady's wallet. Grandpa had found the first bench inside the doors and plopped himself there.

In the next store, Katie said, “I would like to get that for Heidi.”

Grandma grabbed it and headed to the register. This time the money came from Katie’s wallet. That pattern was repeated, in every store. If Katie wanted it, Grandma paid for it, but the money came from the little girl’s wallet. If Grandma wanted it, the money came from Grandma’s wallet.

The little girl was led back to the car holding Grandma’s hand. Grandpa was following behind laden down with bags. She was strapped in the child seat, and she turned around to see Grandma sorting the bags into the little girl’s bags, and Granny’s bags.

Back at the college, Grandma held her hand, while pack-mule Grandpa followed behind carrying Katie’s bags. Upstairs, Katie opened the door to find Ally in the room digging in the little girl’s pajama drawer. Grandpa sat the bags on the bed. Grandma set the phone, keys, and wallet next to the bags. They bent to hug her, telling her they would see her next month.

“Wow Katie, what is all of that?” Ally asked as Katie was checking how much money was left.

Katie replied with all seriousness, “Christmas gifts, keep your little snooping nose out of them. Can you step out for five minutes, I need to hide a few gifts.”

“I guess,” Ally said softly.

Once the roommate was gone, Katie quickly hid Ally’s and Tiff’s gifts in her desk drawer. It was a place she knew that Ally didn’t have to access. Her clothes drawers and closet are accessed more by Ally than the little girl nowadays. Once done, she opened the door to tell her roommate she may come back in.

Ally came back in to find the girl setting bags underneath her bed. The regressed girl said as Ally was preparing the changing area, “Those you can snoop in if you really want to. Nothing interesting in them for you.”

Dressed in a princess-footie jammie and dry, Katie went into the commons to read her current book. She was warned that she had just over an hour until bed.

~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~--~

Author's Note:Comments and questions are always welcomed -- Thanks Becky

up
21 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos