Snow Angel Part 10

Printer-friendly version

Eruption Communication Parking Garage:
Anika figures that Morgana and her partner were going to be a while doing what they needed to do with Arnold Bridges computer. So, she was going to go out and get some lunch and pick-up a few items from her storage unit. As she takes the elevator down to the parking garage. She was trying to figure out what the game plan was for the use of the satellites. She knew that they could use them for almost anything, but why this company?

As the elevator doors open, Anika puts her sunglasses on and walks over towards her car. She notices through the special lens of the sunglasses that someone has touched her car. The special clear powder coating was something that only her sunglasses could see. It was a trick Cheshire had taught her. Jack had a separate trick to see if someone had tamper with his vehicles.

She walks overs to where the hidden camera that watched her car was and download the footage to her private server. She walks back over to her car and looks around the car. She notices someone had attached an explosive device to it. It was wired to go off when she pressed the remote on her keychain. She hated to do this to her car, but if she didn’t set it off. They would know she knew more than she did.

She steps back to just the right distances and press the key remote. The explosive force sends her backwards onto her ass. This way she could sustain some injuries to make it look like she got caught by the explosion, but not enough to kill her or give herself away. The sprinkler system goes off and the alarms they installed down in the garage goes off. She could hear the emergency vehicles heading her way. She stayed on the floor faking being knocked out from the explosion.

CIO Arnold Bridges Office:
Keven grabs his radio “what just exploded?”

“Ms. Jaager’s car just exploded. She has sustained some minor injuries, but she is going to live. The fire department and police are here.”

“I’ll be down in a few minutes.”

“Negative, Keven. Ms. Jaager was firm on her order. She wants you to stay with the people from Camelot Forensics. You’re to make sure they stay safe. If you need a second person, Selena Spears is available or Thomas King is here.”

“Send Selena up here to Mr. Bridges office.”

“Roger, she’ll be on her way.”

Morgana looks at Keven “what, are we too much for you?”

“No, but I don’t think you’ll be comfortable with having me in the ladies’ room with you.”

“You wouldn’t be the first guy to be with me in the ladies’ room, but you are right.”

“So, Troy. What was he doing with his links?”

“He was setting up connections with the cold site. He is monitoring several congressmen and senator’s cellphones and military ships and troop
movements.”

“So, in other words he’s using the satellite to gather data and selling that information?”

“Or using the information himself.”

“Either way, he’s already made connections with several hot sites and cold sites the company owns.”

Troy brings up the location of each location. As they were watching, someone was accessing the information.

“Troy, can you backtrack to who this connection is coming from?”

“On it.” Troy starts tapping away on his laptop.

“It’s here in the building and coming from the 8th floor.”

“Keven, why don’t you take Troy to investigate?”

Selena had just walked in when Morgana gave the suggestion to Keven.

“Selena, stay here and watch over Morgana.”

Keven and Troy bolt out of the room.

“What’s going on?”

“We found someone accessing a link we found. That person is here in the building.”

“Okay, so that’s where Keven and Troy went?”

“Yep, that’s where they went to investigate the matter. I’m locking down the elevators so that the person can’t use them.”

“What floor are they on?”

“They are accessing the information from the eighth floor.”

“That’s the server floor. Lock all the security doors on that floor. Keven can still get in with his security clearance.”

“Okay.”

Selena watches as Morgana does her magic on the computer. She was impress with the young lady’s skill. She had a niece that was studying
Cyber-security in college and could learn a lot from this lady.

Eruption Communication 8th Floor:
Keven and Troy arrive on the 8th floor. The security doors were locked.

“Is this normal?”

“Yes, you have to have special access to enter here.”

Keven pulls out his security card and slide it through the card reader.

“Access denied” sounds.

Keven opens the hidden keypad and thumb reader. He punches in his security code and the thumb reader scans his thumb print. The doors open for him and Troy.

“Morgana must have activated the locked down protocol.”

Troy was following behind Keven

“That means the person is still in here. So be careful.”

“Don’t worry about me Keven. My father is a police officer and taught me how to use a gun.”

Troy pulls his gun from its hidden holster.

Keven turns around and notice Troy had a Springfield XDs .45 in his hand.

“Just be careful at what you fired at in here.”

“Don’t worry.”

The two of them make their way down separate rows of servers. Keven spots the person on the next aisle over from the one he was on. He was using a laptop connected to one of the switches on server unit.

Morgana remotely turns on the camera on the laptop and takes a snap shot of the user. She had control of the laptop, but was letting the user think he still had control. She was monitoring everything he was doing.

Troy comes around and spots the guy. He notices Keven coming from the other end.

“Puts your hands up.”

Keven had his gun aimed right at the guy. The guy jumps a little when he hears Keven’s voice and went to hit a key on the laptop.

“Don’t even think about it buddy.”

Morgana’s face shows on the screen.

The guy knew he was caught. He should had waited till later tonight, but the guys he was working with needed this information right away. He figured he could get what he needed during the chaos of the bomb going off killing Ms. Jaager. Now, he was going to be going to jail because of his stupid mistake. He reaches into his pocket and feels a gun pressed against his head.

“I wouldn’t do that if I was you.”

Troy had seen what the guy was doing and pressed his gun against his head. It wasn’t a gun the guy was pulling out, but a cellphone. Troy reaches forward and takes the cellphone from him. It was an Apple IPhone 6S. He knew it was difficult to crack, but he knew Morgana could crack it.

“Morgana, are you still contacted to this laptop?”

“Yep, I’m downloading everything from it to my portable drive. I’ve found out where he was sending the information.”

“Where is the information going?”

“To a building over off Delaware Ave., in Buffalo.”

“Can you access their computers?”

“What do you think I’m doing?”

Selena had to keep from laughing when Morgana replied to her partner. They could see Keven handcuffing their suspect. The thing is, she knew the guy. His family came over from Pakistan three years ago and he was hired by Mr. Bridges two years ago.

“This must have been going on for a while.”

“Why do you say that, Selena?”

“Because he was just hired two years ago.”

“Was he hired for his current position or a different one? Did he have his current access?”

“He just got promoted to his current position about four months ago.”

Selena leans over and watches what Morgana was doing.

“Can’t they tell what you are doing on the other end?”

“Nope, because he is logged on under his credentials. Also, whoever he is working for have lousy security. A script kitty could break into this server.”

Troy walks with Keven back towards Mr. Bridges office with the guy in handcuff and in front of him.

“Are we going to turn him over to the police?”

“No, you’re going to turn his sorry ass over to me?”

Jaager was standing a few feet from Mr. Bridges office. She didn’t look to happy.

“We thought you were still downstairs with the paramedics.”

“I’m fine, but I want to know who was stupid enough to try and blow me up?”

Anika was looking directly at Jawad Razzaghi. She was ready to kill him right now.

“Ms. Jaager, we need to turn him over to the police.”

“After we find out who he is working for Mr. Lucero. I want answers and the police aren’t going to be able to break him.”

Jawad looks directly towards Anika “میں آپ کو ویشیا آپ کچھ بھی بتانے کے لئے والا نہیں ہوں ۔”

An evil smile appears on Anika face “ایسا نہیں آئندہ تم جان لو گے”

Jawad looked surprised when Anika spoke to him in his own language and fear filled his eyes.

Keven had a smile on his face, because he knew what his boss just said.

Troy looked dumb founded.

Mr. Bridges office:
Selena looks towards the door. Morgana was still doing whatever she was doing, but for some reason. She was hearing voices outside in the hallway. She pulls her gun and walks over and cracks the door to see who it was. She notices Ms. Jaager, Troy, Keven and Jawad standing and talking. She puts her gun away.

“You’re my puta!”

Morgana leans back in her wheel chair and slaps her hands together. She looks over towards Selena as she stood at the door.

“What’s so interesting out in the hallway?”

“I think my boss is ready to kill someone right now.”

“Well, she might want to wait till she sees what I recovered first.”

After a few minutes, everyone comes walking into Mr. Bridges office.

Morgana and Selena look at Anika.

“Dam, Anika. You look like something the cat dragged in.”

Anika just looks over towards Morgana with a displeased look on her face.

“I feel like something the cat dragged in.”

“Now Mr. Jawad, let’s see what information you have for me.”

Everyone in the room heard the tone of Anika’s voice. They knew right then and there that she was done playing around. They all stood back and watched as she started interrogating Jawad Razzaghi.

up
240 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmmm, wonder if he is going

Hmmm, wonder if he is going to have any skin left on the bottom of his feet after Anika's done with him? That always seems to be a real attention step in getting people to talk.

Bad hair day

Jamie Lee's picture

Almost getting blown up has the effect of pissed a person off. Had Anika not had her special security for her car, being pissed would be the least of her worries.

Jawad made the wrong choice getting in bed with Bridges. And now he's about find out how bad a choice he made.

Others have feelings too.