Matching Spirits

Printer-friendly version

Justice sat quietly in the back of the SUV as the woman named Anika Jagger drove. She had been placed with Mrs. Jagger and her daughter, who was sitting next to her in the car seat. She was surprised at how peaceful the little girl was.

She wishes she had never hacked the computer system of the Don of the Marcello family. She had transferred all his money and holdings to another account. It wasn’t the first time she has used her computer skills to rob someone.

Hell, she has broken into a lot of different places and transferred small amounts of their money into charity accounts that needed it. She only kept a small amount for herself. The thing was, she should have known something was fishy with the account that was in Don Andy Marcello’s name.

The FBI had been monitoring his account and she didn’t catch it. She also didn’t know she would witness one of the enforcers for the Marcello family eliminating a city official. Who would think destiny would cause their paths to cross again?

Now she was wanted in New Orleans by the Marcello family. She had to leave because they had already come close to taking her out, twice. The second time caused her to end up with a broken right arm.

She was placed into the witness protection program and flown overnight to New York where she was put under the care of this ordinary-looking woman. All she knew about this woman, she was a friend of the NOPD officer that has been protecting her.

“How are you feeling, Justice?” Anika looks at the young teenage girl in the back seat.

Her friend in the New Orleans Police Department had asked her if she could look after this girl. They were still trying to find the person who had informed the Marcello family about her.

“Thirsty and I need to use the bathroom.” Justice was feeling thirsty.

“A nice mom and pop diner is coming up in a few minutes. I’ll stop there for us to get some lunch.” Anika has stopped at the diner every trip she has made to Cambridge to see her boyfriend.

“Okay.” Justice wonders what the place was like. She was a party girl that enjoyed the way things are done in New Orleans.

She had to dye her hair to a natural color, instead of the multiple emo coloring she loved so much. She was even wearing contact lenses to change her eye color. She also had to remove some of the facial piercing as well.

She had to be careful when she spoke, because of her accent. Her English had a creole accent to it. Normally, she preferred to speak Cajun French as granny Laveau taught her. She couldn’t believe the person sent to kill her, killed granny Laveau to get to her.

She watches as Anika pulls into the parking lot of the diner. She waits until the SUV stops and the engine is turned off, before unbuckling her seat belt. She gets out of the SUV as Anika unfastens the seatbelts holding the baby carrier in place.

Anika looks at Justice as she unbuckles Kiera’s baby carrier. She knows the ladies inside love Kiera and she was going to be spoiled. She picks up the diaper bag and the baby carrier and closes the SUV door behind her.

“How long have you been coming here?” Justice looks at Anika as she carries Kiera.

“Since I started dating Ron.” Anika had stopped at this diner because she needed to use the bathroom and grab something to eat.

Ever since then, she has always made it a habit to stop and say hello to everyone inside. Even if it is just a quick stop. She has brought Aylin here and Kiera when she first took her to Ron’s ranch. She informed Jack of the place as well. She knew he liked good old fashion diners.

“Well, this place looks like it's out of the fifties.” Justice follows behind Anika.

“That’s why I like it so much. Also, the head chef makes the best food around.” Anika walks towards the entrance.

“I doubt it. Nothing beats the food that ole’ Wilson and my granny used to cook.” Justice continues to follow Anika.

Anika walks into the diner and stops. She inhales the aroma drifting around in the air. She loved the smell of cooking food. She spots a few people she knew from her visits here. She waves to them, as she walks over to her favorite booth.

Justice follows behind Anika as they walk to a booth near the window. She notices it was right in the middle of the diner and had one of those old fashion mini-juke boxes. Anika puts Kiera in first and follows. Justice sits on the other side of the booth.

“Does this thing still work?” Justice was curious about it.

“Yep.” Anika pulls her wallet out of the diaper bag and takes some quarters out. She hands the quarters to Justice.

“Thank you.” Justice accepts the quarters.

She starts going through the songs listed on the flip menu of the jukebox. There was a large collection of different songs. She selects a few
and once she was done. The music starts playing her selection.

“Anika, back so soon?” Annie smiles at Anika and the young girl sitting across from her. She spots Kiera smiling and looking at her.

“Yep. Annie, I would like you to meet my niece, Jessica.” Anika figures she’ll call Justice, Jessica.

Annie looks at the young teenage girl sitting across from Anika. She was different from Anika. Where Anika had long blonde hair, Jessica had shoulder-length black hair. The girl also had a darker tan than Anika and features that didn’t mark her as being from European stock.

“It’s nice to meet you, Annie.” A smile appears on Justice's face.

“That’s a unique accent you have there. Is it French?” Annie has never heard an accent like Jessica’s before.

“Yes ma’am.” Jessica figures she could throw some French into her speech.

“Well, it's unique. Why don’t I give you ladies a chance to browse the menu?”

“I already know what I want to drink.” Jessica looks towards Annie.

“What would that be?” Annie removes her pencil from behind her ear.

“A coca-cola, please.” Justice was a coke drinker.

“I’ll have my usual to drink, Annie.” Anika looks at the older woman.

“One sweet iced tea, coming up.” Annie knew what Anika liked to drink.

Annie turns around and walks back towards the kitchen. She had a smile on her face because she always enjoys seeing Anika.

“Where’s the bathroom at?” Justice looks at Anika for an answer.

“Over there near the kitchen.” Anika points towards the bathrooms.

“Thanks.” Justice scoots out of the booth and walks towards the bathroom.

She was warned by officer Bellinger that Anika Jagger was not a person to piss off. She was highly dangerous and had a brother that could find anyone. So, she would be better off doing what Mrs. Jagger told her to do if she wants to stay alive.

Justice does her business and heads back to the booth. As she approaches the booth, she noticed several waitresses were admiring Kiera. She has never figured out why people go cuckoo about babies.

She sits down on the other side of the booth. She watches as several of the waitresses admire Kiera. After a few minutes, they leave and Annie returns with their drink order.

“Thank you, Annie.”

“You’re welcome, Anika. So, are you ladies ready to order?” Annie looks at Anika and Jessica.

“Yes ma’am.” Jessica knew what she wanted.

Jessica places her order first. It was a simple burger and French fries. She wasn’t very hungry.

Anika looks at Justice “are you sure, that’s all you want?”

“I’m not very hungry.” Justice misses her granny’s food.

“Oh, well. You lost.” Anika orders the house special. She knows how good the food is here at the diner.

Once Annie walks off. Anika looks at Justice “so, tell me a little about yourself.”

“What do you want to know?” Justice looks at Anika as she wonders what she wanted to know.

“Well, do you have any brothers or sisters?” Anika takes a sip of her tea.

“Yes, but they all have different mothers and fathers. I don’t know who my real father is, because my mother was drunk when she had sex with several different guys.” Justice recalls what her mother told her when she kept asking about who her father was.

Her mother had been involved in an orgy with several different people while she was high as a kite. So, her mother didn’t know who her father was and didn’t care because she never wanted to have another kid in the first place. She didn’t even want her when she was born.

“So, how do you know you have different sisters and brothers?” Anika was curious.

“I did some research on my family background and found that the person who fathers me, also fathered several other children. Also, my mother was famous for abandoning her children either at birth or at the age of six. She was the type that got pregnant easily.” Justice learned that much about her mother. It didn’t take her mother long to have another baby, after delivering one.

“Where did you learn your computer skills?” Anika was making mental notes of everything Justice said.

“I use to hang out at a place, called the Cave. A bunch of hackers and gamers like to hang out there and I started to learn my computer skills from them. According to the owner of the place, he said I have a natural talent for it.” Justice was thankful for Eddie Penn for allowing her to hang out and learn from the older kids.

Annie shows up with their plates and sets them down in front of them. She smiles at Anika “enjoy.”

“Thanks, Annie.” Anika couldn’t wait to eat her lunch.

“You’re welcome, Anika. Let me know if you need anything else.” Annie turns around and walks off.

Justice picks a French fry up and tries it. She couldn’t believe how tasteful it tasted when she bit into it. It was fresh and seasoned just right. She looks at Anika and could tell she was enjoying her cabbage, potatoes, and corn beef.

Anika noticed Justice looking at her. A smile appears on her face “good, isn’t it?”

Justice nods her head yes, in response to Anika’s statement. She didn’t expect the fries to taste as good as they do. She adds some ketchup to her plate and dips her fries into the ketchup.

After a while, Anika and Justice are back on the road. The stop at the diner was a nice stop and enjoyable. Justice had enjoyed the food and was leaning against the locked door of the SUV. She was filling full.

Instead of sitting in the backseat as she had been. Justice had moved up to the passenger seat in the front of the SUV. She closes her eyes and drifts off to sleep.

A smile appears on Anika’s face as she continues to drive towards Ron’s ranch. She knew the food would put Justice asleep. It did the same
thing to Aylin when she first brought her to the diner.

She bets Justice has never had anything so good before. Then again, she hasn’t been back to New Orleans in a while. The last time she had been, was when she used to be a guy and was celebrating with some friends.

Anika plays some music from her cellphone but keeps it low. Kiera and Justice were asleep and she didn’t want to wake them. She taps on the steering wheel as she continues to drive towards Ron’s place.

Ron’s Place:
After an hour-n-half of driving, Anika finally pulls onto the long driveway that was on Ron’s property. Ron’s house comes into view when she is halfway up the driveway. The place had an old Northern feel to it. Ron told her that the house was over a hundred years old.

She knew Ron loved things and places that had history to them. His father had left the house and property to Ron after he had passed. She spots Ron on his horse coming towards her. A smile appears on her face, because of how rugged he looked in his cowboy clothes.

She parks next to his truck and turns the engine off. She opens the door and gets out. She stands by her SUV as Ron rides over to her on his horse.

Ron was out on his horse when he spotted Anika’s grey SUV coming up the driveway. A smile appears on his face as he rides towards the horse. He watches as she parks next to his truck and gets out of her SUV. He notices she was wearing the cowboy boots he gave her for Christmas. She was also wearing a pair of faded blue jeans and a western button-down shirt he hasn’t seen before.

Ron knew that she always had a handgun tucked behind her back in a holster. He rides up to her and notices that there was another occupant in the SUV.

“Hey, beautiful. How was your drive up here?” Anika had called and let him know she was coming up and that she was bringing someone new.

“Peaceful. Kiera was quiet the whole time and Justice fell asleep a few minutes after we left Donnie’s.” Anika had informed Ron about the girl she was protecting for her friend in New Orleans.

Ron gets off his horse and walks over to Anika. He kisses her and holds her in his arms. He will love it when she finally decides to move up here permanently with him. He knew she couldn’t do it right away because she handles affairs at her brother’s telecommunication company.
He also knew she did other jobs as well. She had come clean about that, after the injuries she received last time.

Anika returns the kiss and looks into his big brown eyes. She never thought after her surgery and revenge she would ever find happiness. She thought that had been taken from her until she met Ron. It was like someone had hit her between the eyes. She had never felt this type of attraction to anyone. Not since she was eighteen years old and she had fallen head over heels for Betsy Cunningham. That had been when she was still a male.

She figures the hormones she has been taking since her operation had to be what changed things in her. She and Ron’s eyes had locked onto each other’s and it was liked someone hit her. All she could think about was him and she had her first wet dream about him.

“Let’s get the girls into the house.” Anika glances over towards Justice and Kiera.

“Okay.” Ron walks to the back of the SUV for Kiera.

“Oh, by the way. When we're out in public with Justice, call her Jessica, please? I want to try and keep her alive.”
Ron just smirks at Anika’s statement “I think I can do that.”

When he picks Kiera’s car carrier up. He smells something coming from her “someone needs to be changed.”

“I’ll trade you.” Anika was about to wake Justice up.

“Okay.” Ron carries Kiera over to Anika.

“Thanks.” Anika accepts the baby carrier from Ron.

Anika sniffs Kiera and could smell she needed to be changed. She looks at Kiera “whew, little girl. What have you been eating?”

Ron gently shakes Justice’s shoulder to wake her up. He didn’t want to startle her by picking her up and carrying her into the house. God knows, she is small enough.

Justice slowly wakes up and realizes that she is in Anika’s SUV. She turns her head and spots an unfamiliar guy standing next to her opened door. She spots Anika standing nearby with Kiera’s baby carrier.

“Who are you?” Justice looks at Ron.

“I’m Anika’s boyfriend and you’re safe here.” A smile appears on Ron’s face.

“If you say so.” Justice gets out of the SUV and grabs her bag from the back cargo area.

She follows Anika and Ron into a two-story house. The place looked old but well maintained. She has never seen anything like this, except in New Orleans. There were a bunch of old houses in New Orleans.

She loved how it looked as they walk inside the house. Justice follows Ron to an upstairs bedroom.

“You’ll be sleeping in here.” Ron steps aside to let Justice into the bedroom.

Justice steps into the bedroom and notices it had been decorated for a girl. She looks around for a few minutes and turns to look at Ron “who’s bedroom did this use to be?”

“My sister uses to stay with me until she joined the military.” Ron misses his sister.

He asked Anika to check up on her. His sister was stationed in Germany and working on top-secret projects. Anika couldn’t tell him any more, because everything was classified.

“She won’t mind me using her bedroom?” Justice looks at Ron for an answer.

A smirk appears on his face “she won’t mind. She’s overseas right now. So, your welcome to use her room and wear any clothes she left behind.”

“Thank you.” Justice places her bag on the bed.

“You’re welcome. If you need anything, let me know.”

“There is one thing I need. Where’s the bathroom?” Justice was curious because she really needed to pee.

“Down the hall and on the right.” Ron steps aside to let Justice out of the room.

Justice walks past him and heads down the hallway. She walks into the bathroom and closes the door behind her. As she drops her pants to sit on the toilet to pee. She wonders how long she’ll be hidden. She has a feeling that Anika could take out the Marcello family if she wanted to.

She finishes doing her business and washes her hands afterward. Once she is done, Justice heads back to the bedroom and starts unpacking what little she had. She looks at her laptop and wants to contact her friends, but she knew she couldn’t.

Ron finds Anika changing Kiera in the nursery next to the master bedroom. He stands in the doorway and listens to Anika as she talks to Kiera and changes her diaper.

“Phew, girl. What have you been eating?” Anika looks at the green mess in Kiera’s diaper.

Kiera stank to high heavens. Anika cleans her up well and rediapers her. She picks Kiera up off the changing table and holds her.

“How’s stinky doing?” Ron walks into the nursery and over to Anika and Keira.

“She’s doing better now.” Anika looks towards Ron with Kiera in her arms.

Ron looks at Kiera as she was being held by Anika. He loved watching a highly trained killer like Anika holds a baby like Kiera. He was surprised when Anika told him the truth about what she did.

Sure, she worked for her brother at Eruption Communications, but she was also the team leader of a highly trained team. He knew she was extremely good with a rifle and handguns. Ron just watches Anika as she holds Kiera.

“So, how long will you be able to stick around this time?” Ron looks at Anika and Kiera.

“Two weeks. If I take any longer, I’ll have to clear it with my brother and maybe look for a new job.” Anika knew she couldn’t afford to take more days off.

“Why would you have to look for a new job, if your brother approves it?” Ron was confused.

“I’ve taken too many days off this year and I’m way behind in what I have to do at work.” Anika hated putting so much work on her assistant Mia.

“Maybe your brother would let you work from here. You’re already all set up for it.” Ron never had cable television or satellite.

But now he had a satellite system all set up, thanks to Anika. Since Anika needs to be able to stay in touch with her assistant and access the computer system at Eruption Communications. She asked his permission to set it up.

“I could ask him. He does a lot of video conferencing when he is home on his ranch.” Anika knew Jack did a lot of video conferences at home. If he needs to show up at the company. Then he was going to have someone’s head on a pike.

“So, does our guest like steaks?” Ron was thinking about cooking some steaks.

“She’s from New Orleans, of course, she’ll like steaks.” Anika wondered who wouldn’t besides vegans.

“Good. I’ll fire the grill up in a few hours.” He places a kiss on Anika’s cheek.

Frisson Espresso, Several Days Later, New York City:
Robert was sitting at his favorite café enjoying a nice espresso when a gentleman wearing an expensive suit approaches his table. He looks up at the man “can I help you?”

“Yes, may I sit down?” LeBlanc looks at the nondescript man wearing a dark polo shirt and dress slacks, enjoying an espresso.

“Help yourself.” Robert watches as the man sits down.

Robert knew the man and why he was here in New York, instead of in New Orleans. He was the oldest son of Andy Marcello.

“What brings you to New York, Mr. Marcello?” Robert looks at Andy as he enjoys his expresso.

“I need you to find someone for me.” LeBlanc brings up an image of Justice on his cellphone.

Robert looks at the picture of a teenage girl with multi-color hair. The picture looked like it had been taken at a police station.

“Who is she?” Robert wonders why LeBlanc wanted to find her.

“Justice de Bienville. She stole some money from my father, and he wants it back.” LeBlanc knew she stole some money from the family, but
there was another reason he wanted her dead.

“That’s dangerous. How do you know she’s here in New York?” Robert figures that were why he was here.

“My contact in NOPD said she was flown out of New Orleans in a private plane.” The contact LeBlanc had in NOPD informed him that Mrs. de Bienville had been flown out of New Orleans.

“And you traced the plane here?” Robert didn’t know how connected LeBlanc was.

“Yes, and its register to Black Wolf Air.” LeBlanc has never heard of the company.

“Do you know why she was flown here?”

“All I know, she’s under the protection of this woman.” LeBlanc brings up the picture of a blonde-haired woman.

Robert knew immediately who the woman was. He has gone to a lot of social events that she has attended or she has hosted herself. He also knew she was known among the intelligence community as being a deadly operator and had her team here in New York. She wasn’t a woman to be messed with.

Robert looks at LeBlanc with a serious look on his face. He knew what would happen if LeBlanc went after this woman. There were rumors she was related to the Wolf himself.

“LeBlanc, if this woman is protecting Justice de Bienville. You would be better off leaving her alone.” Robert knew better than to mess with her and her team.

LeBlanc didn’t like that statement at all. He wants to know why Robert was warning him off.

“Why should I forget about going after Bienville?” LeBlanc or his family have never backed off.

“Because that woman is a highly trained operator. If she or her team comes after you, there will be nothing left. Your family will cease to exist. That’s how deadly she and her team is.” Robert knew not to go after her.

“Are you saying you are turning this job down?” LeBlanc couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“Yes, I’m turning this job down. I value my life too much.” Robert has never turned a job down before.

“Thank you for the information.” LeBlanc stands up and walks away.

“There was another stop he was going to make. Robert may not take the job, but there was another person who was crazy enough to take the job and didn’t have to worry about him talking.”

Ron’s Ranch, Cambridge, New York:
It’s been a few days since Justice has arrived on Ron’s ranch. She was already helping around the ranch with some of the chores. She was mucking out a stall the way Ron taught her. She stops and takes a sip from her water bottle.

While she is taking a break from cleaning her fourth stall. She hears one of the horses complaining outside. She walks out of the barn and over to one of the training circles where the noise was coming from and spots a beautiful brown horse. She didn’t know a lot about horses, but he looked nice.

“Hey boy.” Justice could tell the horse was a male.

The horse looks at Justice and charges towards her. He was pissed and stops just before he hits the barrier. He snaps at the person.

Justice feels pulled back as the horse tried to bite her. She was startled when the horse tried to bite her.

“Careful, Justice. He doesn’t trust people.” Ron was lucky he was nearby and saw what Nevada was about to do.

Justice was confused about why the horse wanted to attack her. She looks at Ron “why did he try to attack me?”

“Nevada was abused, and he doesn’t trust people.” Ron looks at Nevada. He knew Nevada was a good horse and it was going to take time to big his trust.

“How can I prove I’m no danger to him.”

“By building trust with him. Show him you can be trusted.” Ron looks at Justice and wonders if she can do it.

Justice looks towards Nevada and wonders could she get him to trust him. She didn’t use to be an animal lover, but now she wanted this horse to trust her.

“I’m going to show Nevada I don’t mean any harm to him.” Justice looks at Nevada and was determined to show him.

Ron just smiles and couldn’t wait to see this. Anika told him she was a computer person, but he was seeing a girl that enjoyed being outside and helping.

“Come on, let’s get back to work.”

“Okay.” Justice looks at Nevada and follows Ron.

Anika had been watching from the back porch and a smile appears on her face. She was worried that Justice might not like it here, but over the past few days. She has been working with Ron on the farm and she seemed to enjoy it.

In the next few days, Justice spends every chance she can to earn Nevada’s trust. She tries pieces of sliced apples and sugar cubes. By the end of the week, Nevada lets Justice brush him.

“That’s a handsome boy.” Justice brushes Nevada as he stood near her.

Ron and Anika watch Justice from the back porch. They were sitting on the porch swing with Kiera in Anika’s arms.

“She’s making friends with Nevada.” Anika couldn’t believe how Justice was making friends.

“She and Nevada have the same type of spirit.” Ron was enjoying the interaction between Justice and Nevada.

While Ron and Anika are watching Justice, a bullet strikes the metal railing of the training circle. Nevada lifts upon his hide legs. Justice runs behind him to use him as a shield. When he comes back down, she swings up onto his back as another bullet hits the near them.

“Here, take Kiera, please.” Anika hands Kiera to Ron.

Ron takes Kier as he watches Justice jump out of the training circle on Nevada. He knows Anika was heading for her SUV “inside, my father’s Winchester rifle is just inside the doorway.”

“Thanks.” Anika runs into the house and spots the Winchester rifle.

She grabs the rifle and all the ammo she can. She knew Ron was right behind her with Kiera.

“Be careful.” Ron watches as Anika walks out the front door with the rifle.

Anika spots a motorcycle going after Justice and Nevada. She runs towards the barn and gets on the horse she has ridden bareback before. She normally wouldn’t ride bareback, but she needed to catch up to the assassin going after Justice.

She swings upon the horse named Dixie. She chases after the assassin on the motorcycle. She notices that the motorcycle was quiet.

Justice holds tight onto Nevada as he runs further onto the property. She has only had a few lessons riding horseback, but she was scared. She lets Nevada choose their path as they fled from the assassin chasing them.

Anika aims with the Winchester and fires at the motorcycle. She wanted the rider alive to interrogate for information. She takes aim and fires at the motorcycle. She misses the first shoot. She cocks the rifle again and fires. She hits near it but misses.

“Damn it!” Anika has never shot anything from a horse before. Even her sniping rifle would have a hard time.

She brings the Winchester up and takes careful aim. She breathes and pulls the trigger. The bullet exits the rifle and strikes the engine of the motorcycle. The rider goes tumbling off it.

Anika stops at where the assassin is laying on the ground. She points the Winchester at his chest because he was wearing a helmet “I should blow a hole in your chest, but I want answers.”

Anika looks where Nevada went and hopes they could find her. She takes her belt off and uses it to secure the assassin. She pulls her cellphone out and calls Ron.

Ron hears his cellphone ring. He pulls it out and notices it was Anika’s number “I take it your okay?”

“Yeah, and I have the assassin. Justice and Nevada took off towards the back of the property.” Anika looks in the direction they went.

“She’ll be okay. Why don’t you come back to the house and I’ll go and find Justice and Nevada.” Ron knew he could find them without any problems.

“Alright, I’m on my way back.” Anika picks the assassin up and puts him on her horse.

She walks back to the house with him. When she gets back, she secures him down in the cellar. She goes into the house and notices Ron was getting ready to head out to look for Justice and Nevada.

While Ron is out looking for Justice and Nevada. Anika sends a text message to Terry and one to Aylin. She gets an immediate response from Aylin. It said that she couldn’t come up to her, but she was sending Jester. She’ll explain later.

Anika checks on Kiera to make sure she was okay. She hopes Ron can find Justice and Nevada. While she is waiting for Ron and Justice to return. When Anika goes to get the fingerprints from the assassin, he had none.

Out On the Property:
Justice holds on as tight as she could as Nevada gallop. She was scared as the bullets whizzed around her. It seems like they were running for a long time. After a while, Nevada slows down and stops near a stream.

Justice slides down from Nevada’s back. Her legs and hip were hurting her from riding bareback. She walks over to the stream and kneels next to it. She scoops some water into her cupped hand and takes a sip.

Ron told her that the water was safe to drink from the stream. She takes a couple of sips as she watches Nevada drink. She stands up and walks over to Nevada “thank you, my friend.”

Justice pets Nevada as she wonders where they were on the ranch. She looks around and didn’t spot the assassin on his motorcycle.

“Do you think we lost him, Nevada?” Justice hopes as she pets, Nevada.

Darkness falls and Justice builds a small fire. She does what Ron taught her about building a small campfire. By the time she has the small fire going. She hears some noise and freezes.

“That’s a nice fire.” Ron spotted Justice's small campfire.

Justice lets out a sigh of relief when she hears Ron’s voice. She looks at him as he comes walking towards her “did you get the assassin?”

“Yes, Anika got the assassin. You have nothing to worry about.” Ron walks over and sits down next to Justice.

“Good.” Justice rubs her hands together.

“Why don’t I let Anika know we're going to spend the night out here.” Ron pulls his cellphone out to call Anika.

Anika hears her cellphone ringing. She looks at her cellphone and notices it was Ron. She presses accept “hello?”

“Hey, I’ve found Justice, and we're going to spend the night out here. We’ll see you in the morning.”

“Alright. Just be safe.” Anika trusts Ron with Justice's safety.

“We will and I’ll see you in the morning. I love you.” Ron looks at Justice.

“I love you too.” Anika ends the call and turns to go back into the house.

Several Months Later:
Don Andy Marcello wakes up in the middle of the night. Standing in the middle of his bedroom, he spots a blonde-haired woman wearing a skintight bodysuit with a black bag in her right hand.

“Mr. Marcello, I’m going to be short and sweet with you. Next time anyone of your mafia family comes after Justice de Bienville. I will bring your whole organization down and leave your head outside on a pike.” Anika was going to make an example of Mr. Marcello.

“Who are you to give me orders?” Mr. Marcello looks at the blonde hair woman.

“I’m the sister of the Devil’s Bounty Hunter and the protector of Justice de Bienville. You’ll drop any contract you have against her now. If not,
I’ll take your head like I did your son.” Anika tosses the black leather bag towards Mr. Marcello.

The black leather bag lands on the bed next to Mr. Marcello. He looks at the bag and back at the blonde hair woman “I’ll have your head for this.”

“You’re a slow learner, Mr. Marcello.” Anika puts two bullets into Mr. Marcello’s chest.

She removes the machete she brought with her and cuts his head off. She takes his head and puts it on a pike outside along with his older son. Anyone that gets in Anika’s way, she shoots them. She was going to leave the same message her brother does.

She gets into her car afterward and heads back to New York.

up
148 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Some people

Just can't take a hint. And if he didn't know who the Devil's Bounty Hunter was, well, stupidity is always fatal, sooner or later.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

He must have had a death wish

He must have had a death wish, even if you were going to go after them why would you tell that to an armed person that threatened to kill you to your face if you didn't back off.

That Message will be LOUD & CLEAR

Samantha Heart's picture

She did EXACTLY like "The Big Bad Wolf" would have. He WAS given a chance, but as Anika said. He was a "slow learner"

Love Samantha Renée Heart.