The Heaviness Of The Badge

Printer-friendly version

“Bye, kids!” Julia watches as her children exit from her patrol vehicle and heads towards their friends.

“Bye, mom.” Haylee waves goodbye to Julia.

Chayton waves goodbye to Julia as well. He spotted the other members of the school’s basketball team standing around. He recently joined the basketball team and was one of their star players. His grandfather had turned the tennis court into a basketball court for him to practice.
When he was having problems with his shots, Julia came out and practice with him. She uses to play when she went to school.

He watches as her SUV leaves the school grounds. He walks over to his teammates to see what the game plan was going to be against the high school they were playing against next week. He hopes his mothers will make the game.

Julia sighs as she heads towards the police station. She was going to miss her old captain. He was retiring after thirty years on the force. The new captain wanted to meet everyone. She didn’t know much about him except he was from Texas.

She pulls into the parking lot and parks in her normal parking space. Once she cuts the engine off and exits from the SUV. Julia opens the rear cargo area for Terror to exit from the SUV.

“Come on boy, let’s go and meet the new captain.” She attaches his leash to his collar and head inside the police precinct.

She heads towards her desk first to put her purse in the bottom drawer. Once she finished doing that, Julia heads to see the new captain. She stops just outside his office and gently knocked on the door.

“Enter.” Thomas looks up when he hears someone knocking on his office door.

He had been looking over officer Bounty’s file. Out of all the officers assigned to this police precinct she had a very colorful record. He couldn’t believe she looked identical to the actress Charisma Carpenter. He wonders who approved her to have a wolf as a partner.

Her arrest record was impressive and colorful. She also had some complaints filed against her and her wolf. Some of them were from ICE and the FBI. They complained that she wouldn’t cooperate with apprehending several illegal aliens and that she had threatened bodily harm to several agents.

There were also comments from two US Marshals that commented that Julia and her wolf were very helpful in the apprehension of a wanted felon. That her wolf had performed extremely well. He keeps reading Julia’s file found she had been attacked by a former sergeant on the force. There had been an investigation about the matter, and it had been determining that her actions were justified for his death.

Julia walks into the office and noticed that the new captain was a big man with a dark tan. He looked like someone who spent most of his life out in the weather.

“You wanted to see me, Captain?”

“Yes, Julia. Please have a seat.” Thomas motions to the chair in front of his desk.

He also noticed the big black wolf that was with Julia. According to Julia’s record, the wolf was named Terror and was her second partner. Her first partner had to be retired because of his age, but she had a younger version of him that she sometimes brings with her.

“Mrs. Bounty, I’ve noticed that out of all my officers, you have the highest kill record. Can you tell me why you found it necessary to use your gun as often as you have?” Thomas watches Julia’s facial features and couldn’t read her.

She had the perfect poker face. He couldn’t read her body language at all.

“To be honest, sir. The reason I had to use my gun more than any officer on the force. Is because the people I used it against, left me no other choice. On my first day on the job, I was ambushed by a drug gang that tried to kill me because I was the daughter of the man who destroyed their supplier's drug field. Then I had to use my gun to protect my partner from a sixteen-year-old boy who tried to shoot him. In all the
situations I used my gun, I wish I didn’t have to.”

Thomas looks into her eyes and he still couldn’t read her. He has seen eyes like hers before in assassins and special forces officers.

“If you don’t mind me asking. Why would a drug gang come after you, because of your father’s actions?”

“Because sir. My father is one of the deadliest men around. He’s a former MI 6 agent and has brought down some of the most wanted drug
lords and kingpins around. He’s a man you don’t want to come after you. As much as I love my father, I also fear him as well.” Julia loved her father a whole lot but knew if she ever did something that tarnishes the family name or became a killer herself. He would come after her and show no mercy.

“You're saying your father is that dangerous?” Thomas had a disbelief look on his face.

“Sir, he’s known as the Devil’s Bounty Hunter. There isn’t a man in this building that could kill him if they went after him.” Julia knew her father and Cheshire were the best of the best.

There was some doubt on Thomas's face. He thinks their SWAT team could bring down Mr. Bounty.

“I have another question for you. Why is your partner a wolf?” Thomas looks at the wolf sitting by Julia.

“I use a wolf because he is specially bred and better trained than any German Shepard or any of the other breeds used in police work. Terror here is military trained, he’s faster, stronger, and has no fear. My father’s wolves have proven how good they are.” Julia scratches Terror between his ears.

“So, your father breeds wolves? Why wolves? Why not some other K9?”

“I think because wolves match his personality. They are pack animals and know how to work as a team to take prey down or they can act alone and be successful as well. As for the true reason, you’ll have to ask him.” Julia never bothers to ask her father why he breeds wolves.

“Can you tell me why you refused to help ICE agents to apprehend some illegal aliens and why you sic your wolf on them?” Thomas was curious about that matter.

“Because the people the ICE agents were accused of being illegal, weren’t illegal. When I refused to help them, they got in my face. So, instead of beating the daylights out of them and putting them in the hospital for weeks. I sic Sphinx on them and threaten to let him eat them.” A sly smile appears on Julia’s face.

Thomas noticed the sly smile. He wonders why she smiled.

“Do you mind explaining why you just smiled?”

“Sir, I believe that of all the presidents this country has ever had, none have ever divided this country like the one we currently have. The man is a moron and the people who follow him don’t use the brains they were born with, to realize he is a conman. He is constantly lying and promoting hate to cause chaos. On top of that, there has been an increase of hate groups spring up and coming out of the woodwork. He is promoting false statements that all the crimes being committed are because of illegal aliens. I have very little tolerance for ignorance and people who promote hate.”

Thomas just looks at Julia and could tell she meant what she said. This was the first time she has shown any expression.

“You do know, people have the right to believe how they want to, and it's your job to cooperate with federal agents when requested of you.”

“I know people have the right to believe as they want to. It doesn’t mean I have to agree with them, and it doesn’t mean I can’t say something either. As for working with federal agents. I have no problem doing that. If they act like dumbasses or display any sort of hate towards the citizens, I have taken an oath to protect them. I won’t work with them and I WILL put them in their place.”

“Well, I’m going to say this now to you. If a federal agent, ask you for assistant. I don’t care if you agree with them or not. You will provide assistant to them. Do I make myself clear?” Thomas had a serious look on his face.

Julia leans forward towards her new Captain “if they are being assholes or showing any signs of hatred or disrespect towards any citizen in this state. I will put them in their place. They need to honor the oath they took to their badge.”

Thomas was a little taken back by Julia when she leaned forward towards him. He noticed in her eyes that she meant every word she said. He sighs and hopes she will try to at least cooperate.

“I can understand what you are saying. Just try to work with them, is all I am asking.”

“I’ll do my best. Is there anything else you wish to talk to me about, sir?” Julia should have kept her mouth shut, but lately, things in this country have been going downhill.

“No, you’re dismissed.”

“Thank you, sir.” Julia stands up and walks out of her Captain’s office.

Julia heads towards her SUV and presses the remote to open the door. She watches as Terror jumps up into the SUV. She gets in and heads towards a call that comes in requesting a K9 officer.

It doesn’t take her long to arrive. She spots a pickup truck with a camper mounted in the back. The two officers had the driver handcuff and sitting on the ground. She gets out of her SUV, along with Terror.

“What do we got?” Julia walks up to her fellow cops.

Officer Bailer turns around when he hears Julia’s voice. He has heard rumors about her and her wolf.

“We got a tip that the driver of this truck was transporting illegal drugs. We need for you and your wolf to search it.”

“No problem.” She looks at Terror “Iarracht!”

Terror starts sniffing around the truck. He stops near the back of the truck and growls. Julia walks over and kneels next to him. She looks where he is looking and discovered that the bottom of the frame under the bed had been enclosed to form a box. There were at least three of them. It had a padlock that kept them closed.

“There are three secret compartments built under here.” She stands up and grabs her bolt cutters from her SUV.

Julia walks back over to the truck and kneels again. She cuts the first padlock off and opens the box. There was a stack of drugs in it. She checks the other boxes and the second one had drugs in it and the third one had bundled up money in it.

Julia stands up and looks over towards Officer Bailer and Officer Miles “there are at least eight packages of drugs and close to two hundred thousand in cash as well.”

“Damn!” Officer Miles walks over to look at the boxes built under the truck.

“Is there anything else?” Officer Bailer looks at Julia.

Julia looks at Terror “Iarracht!”

Terror starts sniffing again. This time he goes inside the camper and starts growling.

“Looks like he found something else.” Julia climbs inside the camper and walks over to where Terror was standing.

Terror was taking up most of the room in the camper. She stretches between his ears “what did you find boy?”

She starts looking and finds a hidden compartment where they were standing. She manages to open it and lets out a whistle.

“What did you find?” Officer Miles sticks his head inside the camper.

“A collection of guns and ammo.” Julia looks at Officer Miles.

“Oh, this is getting better and better.” A smile appears on his face.

“Better call a tow truck and move the drugs and money from under the truck.”

“Gotcha.”

Julia hangs around until the tow truck shows up. She gets another call requesting a K9 officer. She gets back in her SUV and heads towards the call. It was another search, but this time Terror didn’t turn up anything.

“Are you sure, your wolf didn’t detect anything in the car?” Officer Kingston looks at Julia and her wolf.

“I’m sure. There are no drugs, weapons, or explosives in the car.” Julia noticed that the person who Officer Kingston and Officer McNeil pulled over was an older black man.

“I told you there weren’t any.” Douglas was feeling embarrassed and mad that he had been pulled over for nothing.

“I don’t believe you.” Officer Kingston walks over to the car and starts looking.

Julia turns towards his partner, “is he always like this?”

“I don’t know. This is my second day.” Officer McNeil wonders what his partner was up to.

“Look what I just found.” Officer Kingston holds up a small bag of white powder.

Julia and Officer McNeil look at Officer Kingston. They noticed he was holding a small bag of white powder.

“I don’t know what you have, but I can assure you that wasn’t there when Terror searched the car.” Julia walks towards Officer Kingston.

“Maybe your wolf isn’t as good as you think he is.”

“Maybe you placed it there. Terror doesn’t make mistakes.” Julia knows Terror and the rest of the wolves her father raised were well trained
and could sniff out anything.

“Well, this proves there were drugs in the car.” Officer Kingston walks over towards the older black man.

“I don’t believe you.”

“I don’t care if you believe me or not. Your damn wolf didn’t do his job right.” Officer Kingston gets ready to lift the black man.

Julia walks over towards the car with Terror by her side. She looks inside the car “cuardaigh!”

Terror starts searching the car again and doesn’t find anything. If there had been drugs inside the car, Terror would have found them. Julia walks over to Officer Kingston and gets right in his way.

“Get out of my way.” He had the old man by his arm.

“No! Let him go.”

“He had drugs in his car. I’m taking him in.” Officer Kingston pushes past Julia and heads towards his patrol car.

Julia grabs him from behind and spins him around. She looks Officer Kingston right in the face “let him go now, or so help me I will put you in the hospital.”

“He’s my prisoner and he’s going to jail.” Officer Kingston tries to turn back around but is stopped by Julia.

“I warned you.” Julia punches Officer Kingston and knocks him out.

Officer McNeil moves to stop Julia but is stopped by Terror. He was standing between Julia and McNeil.

“Get out of my way, mutt.” He tries to move past Terror.

Terror lunges and knocks McNeil down to the ground. He stands on his chest and growls at him.

“McNeil, don’t move or he will take your face off.” Julia spotted Terror standing on the chest of Officer McNeil.

McNeil looks up at the huge wolf standing on his chest. He could feel the pressure through his bulletproof vest.

“Are you going to take these handcuffs off me?” Douglas looks at Julia.

“Yes.” She pulls her keys out and walks over to unlock his cuffs.

Douglas turns around for Julia to unlock his cuffs. He didn’t know who he was, but he knew she was willing to stop the other cop from arresting him.

“Look, I’m going to give you the number to a good lawyer. Tell him what happened and tell him Officer Bounty sent you.” Julia reaches into her pocket and hands Douglas a card.

“Why are you doing this?” Douglas rubs his wrist where the cuffs had been.

“Because I took an oath to protect and serve. I didn’t take an oath to turn my back on a crook.” Julia takes the cuffs and puts them on her belt.

“You did the right thing. Whoever raised you, did a good job.” Douglas looks at Julia with a fatherly look.

“Thanks. You go and have a nice day.”

“I will.” Douglas walks over to his car and gets in and leaves.

Julia whistles for Terror, as she walks over to McNeil. She reaches her hand down to him to help him up.

“Come on, let me help you up.” Julia stands there with her hand extended to him.

McNeil grabs Julia’s hand and allows her to pull him up off the ground. He brushes himself off as he glares at Terror.

“I hate that wolf.”

“Well, he was only protecting me. Your partner was wrong and planted the drugs he had.”

“How do you know the perp didn’t have it?” McNeil watches Julia’s face.

“Because if there had been drugs in there. There would have been residue from previous packages. So, when Terror didn’t find anything, I knew he planted the evidence and I don’t like crooked cops.”

“So, what do we do now?” McNeil looks over at his knocked-out partner.

“That’s up to you. You can place him under arrest and take him in or you can let it go and tell the Captain what happened when you go in. I will tell you this, that gentleman is going to be taking a lawsuit out against him.”

“You know Kingston is going to want revenge against you.”

“Let him. He isn’t the first officer that has tried to kill me. Now, let's get him into your patrol car.” Julia walks over where Kingston was lying unconscious.

McNeil follows behind her and helps her pick Kingston up and put him in their patrol car. Once Kingston is loaded into the patrol car, McNeil drives off. Julia watches as he drives off. She couldn’t believe Kingston was so stupid to try and plant evidence with her there.

“Come on Terror, let’s go and get some lunch.” Julia starts walking back towards her SUV.

She gets into her SUV and waits until Terror is comfortable, before heading towards their favorite place for lunch. She wonders what Kingston's problem was with the old man. The man shouldn’t have been treated like he was.

The sub shop she stops at for lunch was one of her favorites. They didn’t mind Terror or any of her wolves from coming in. She grabs a twenty-dollar bill and head into the sub shop. She leaves the SUV running for Terror.

“Hey, Sandy. How has your day been?” As Julia walks up to the counter.

A black hair Mexican girl looks up from the sandwich she was making. Standing at the cashier was her partner, William. He was in his late thirties.

“Hey Julia, where’s Terror?”

“He’s out in the SUV. I thought I would drop in for lunch.” Julia stops in front of the counter and looks at the menu mounted on the wall.

“You know, you can’t resist our subs. The usual for Terror?”

“Yes, and I’ll have the pepper steak today.” Julia was in a mood for steak.

“With everything on it?” Sandy knew what Julia liked.

“Yes.”

“Alright, give me a few minutes to finish the one I’m working on.” Sandy goes back to work on the sub she was making.

“No problem.” Julia sits down at a table and takes her cellphone out.

There was a text message from her friend Charlie that was sent to her. She starts reading it and according to the message, there was a virus going around and she needs to be careful. She does a google search to see what the new virus was.

It was called Covid 19 and as of right now it was slowly killing people on the East coast. Especially, New York. There was a large number of people dying from it. She wonders what the Governor was going to do here in Montana.

She also wonders if the virus affects the wolves. She’ll have to talk with her father to find out.

“Julia, your sandwich is ready and so is the bowl for Terror.” Sandy looks over at Julia.

Julia stands up and walks up to the counter to pay for her lunch and Terrors. She pulls the twenty-dollar bill out of her pants pocket to pay the bill.

“Keep the change, William.” As she hands the money to William.

“Thanks, Julia.” William bags the sandwich and includes extra napkins. He hands the bag to Julia.

“Well, I’ll see you guys later.” Julia turns and heads out to her SUV.

She gets into it and looks at Terror “I got you, lunch boy. Let’s go to our favorite park and eat there.” Julia puts the SUV into gear and heads towards the nearby park she likes to eat at.

It was just down the street from the sub shop. She pulls into the parking lot and shut the SUV off. She grabs Terrors leash and head towards one of the picnic tables and sit down to eat. She puts Terror’s bowl on the ground for him. She takes her sandwich out and starts eating while looking around.

She loved the park she was having lunch at. She and Gina use to come here with their grandmother and their aunt before she married their father. As she is eating, she spots a guy trying to steal from a lady sitting on a bench. The woman was slowly nodding off and the guy was trying to reach for her purse from behind the bench she was sitting on.

A smile appears on her face as she takes the leash off Terror. She waits until he grabs her wallet and takes the money out of it.

“Terror, Ionsaí!” As she points towards the man.

Terror starts running towards the young man. He spots the huge wolf coming towards him and starts running. Julia runs after Terror with a smirk on her face.

“Freeze, Police!” Julia was only a few feet behind Terror.

Terror jumps and hits the guy in the back, knocking him down onto the ground, face first. The guy rolls over to try to get the big wolf off him and immediately uses his arm to stop the wolf from biting him. He spots a female police officer running up to him and the wolf “call this thing off.”

“Stad.”

Terror just growls as he gets off the guy. He stays nearby just in case his prey moves.

“I should allow him to finish you off. Stealing from an innocent woman.” Julia walks over with her handcuffs out.

She rolls the guy onto his stomach as she handcuffs him. She had her knee in the middle of his back, just in case he tries anything. After she finishes handcuffing him, she helps him up off the ground.

“I should let my partner eat you for stealing from an innocent old lady.” Julia marches the perp towards her SUV.

“Why in the hell do you have a fucking wolf?” Tony couldn’t believe the huge wolf that attacked him.

“For chasing down dumbasses like you.” Julia makes a call for a patrol car to come by to pick up her perp.

After ten minutes, a patrol car shows up. Officer Hawley had answered the call from officer Bounty. He looks at the young man she had in custody and her big ass wolf, watching the perp.

“What charges do you want to book him on?” Hawley looks at the young man.

“Thief, resisting arrest, and my personal favorite fleeing a crime scene.” Julia knew this guy was going to be in jail for a while.

Officer Hawley looks at the young man “boy, you picked the wrong cop to do something stupid in front of.”

Officer Hawley puts the perp in the back of his car. He looks over towards Julia “you know, you’ll have to fill out the paperwork.”

“I know. I’ll do it before my shift ends.” Julia still had a few more places she needed to check out.

“Okay.” Officer Hawley takes the perp to the police precinct.

Julia gets back into her SUV and drives to a few places that were in her patrol area. She checks them out to make sure no one has done
anything to them. Once she is done checking the places out, Julia heads back to her police precinct to fill the paperwork against the young man she arrested.

Julia had his name and such from the information on his driver's license. She continues to fill out the paperwork, along with the daily reports she needs to file every day.

“JULIA BOUNTY! GET YOUR ASS IN HERE NOW!” Captain Thomas just got off the phone with the captain over at precinct 12. He was informed of what Julia did to Officer Kingston.

Julia gets up from her desk and walks towards Captain Thomas’s office. When she looks at him, she can tell he is upset.

“You bellowed?” Julia looks at Thomas with a serious look on her face.

“Yes! What were you thinking when you decked Officer Kingston and let his perp go?”

“First off, he was being racist, all because the gentleman was black, and secondly, he planted evidence inside the car. I hate dishonest cops and I hate racist ones as well.”

“That doesn’t give you the right to deck him as you did or let his perp go.” Captain Thomas got an earful from Kingston’s captain.

“I told you earlier today, that I will do what is right. If he had played by the rules as he should have, everything would have been fine. However, he was being a lying sack of crap and being a racist on top of that. He deserved what I did to him.” Julia was controlling her anger.
“It’s not your place to reprimand other officers, Julia.” Captain Thomas looks at Julia with a stern look on his face.

“He’s lucky that the only thing I did was punch him. I’m not sorry for my actions.” Julia knew she would do it again if she had to.

“I’m putting you on three days suspension without pay. You overstepped your authority on this matter.”

“You’re suspending me for stopping a situation that could go bad on us?”

“I’m suspending you because it isn’t your place to discipline other officers. Next time, bring the matter to Internal Affairs.”

“Next time, I’ll put the officer in the hospital.” Julia turns and leaves Captain Thomas's office.

Captain Thomas watches as Officer Bounty walks out of his office. Maybe he should think about transferring her to another precinct. He has a feeling Julia Bounty is going to be trouble.

Julia whistles for Terror, as she grabs her purse and storms out of the police station. She gets in her SUV after letting Terror get in first.
She heads home and tries to relax as she drives. She knows driving while she is angry isn’t going to solve anything or having an accident either. The ride back to her and Christmas home takes her about twenty minutes. She pulls her SUV up next to the spare pick-up they use for chores around the property.

“Go and play, Terror.” Julia opens the passenger door and lets Terror jump out.

She watches as Terror jumps out of the SUV and runs off into the woods. She figures he’ll get together with the other wolves over at her
father’s place. She goes up to her and Christmas bedroom and changes out of her uniform.

As she is getting undress, her fingers brush against some of her scars. Most of the scars she has, received since her father rescued her and since she has been on the police force. She puts on her favorite pair of sweats and one of her favorite t-shirts.

Roxy comes walking into the bedroom and jumps up onto Julia’s bed. She makes herself comfortable and lays down.

“What are you doing?” Julia looks at Roxy.

Roxy just wags her tail.

Julia pets Roxy as she laid on the bed. Roxy was Haylee’s oldest pet and was just as trained as the wolves. She wonders where Waffle was? She knew the coyote pup loved to play with the wolves on the property.

“Come on, Roxy let's go downstairs and start on dinner for tonight.” Julia gets up off her bed and heads downstairs.

She glances over her shoulder to see if Roxy was following her. The little collie was right behind her as she walked down the stairs, through the living room and dining room, and into the custom kitchen. The kitchen had been designed by her mother.

Julia was a fair cook, but her mother was a master. Christmas was better than she was but not as good as her mother. She walks over to the huge refrigerator and sees what Christmas had set aside to cook when she got home.

She saw that some root vegetables had already been selected and cut up. There was also some diced-up steak that they had cooked out on the grill two nights ago. Julia grabs everything and puts them on the counter. She remembered the dish Christmas was going to make.

She sets the stove to the temperature she needs and raise the root vegetable off and spread them out on the pan. She sprinkled some olive oil on them along with the spices and liquid smoke Christmas likes using.

She looks at the clock and notices she had some time before the kids and Christmas would be home. She preps everything, so when she needed to, she could put the items into the oven.

Roxy barks at her a few times when she is putting some of the steaks on the cookie sheet. Julie picks a piece up and tosses it to Roxy.

“You’re as bad as the wolves.”

Her father always told them not to feed the wolves food from the table. What he didn’t know at times, was how she and Gina always slipped their wolves a little something from the table. If he did know, he never let on that he knew.

Once dinner was prepped, and ready to go into the oven. Julia cleans up whatever mess she made and check on the laundry. Having three children and two grown women in the house generated a lot of laundries.

She spots Chayton’s dirty clothes hamper sitting by the washer. She empty’s his clothes into the washer. She makes sure his school uniforms are in the wash along with his team uniforms. She is so proud of him, making the basketball team. He is one of their star players and he doesn’t let the fact he is so good, go to his head.

Once the laundry is going, Julia grabs some food and head outside to feed Sphinx, Waffles, and Terror. She knows Haylee will come home and feed the other wolves. Julia stands outside and looks in the direction of her father’s place. She spots the trail Haylee takes on her ATV to feed the animals.

She couldn’t believe the new captain has given her a three-day suspension. She should have punched Officer Kingston a little harder. She does wonder why he had a beef with the old man he was trying to set up.

She turns around and heads back into the house. She notices the time and gets dinner going. Christmas and the kids will be home soon.

“Look! Mom’s home.” Haylee spots her mother’s police SUV parked next to the old truck.

“I wonder why she is home early.” Christmas knew Julia wasn’t due home for another few hours.

She parks her SUV next to Julia’s police SUV.

“Do you think everything is okay, mom?” Chayton was a little worried.

“Everything should be fine, sweetie. Now, help me take in everything.” Christmas turns the SUV off.

“I’m going to go and feed the wolves, mommy.” Haylee hops out of the SUV and runs towards her ATV.

“I want to help.” Catori chases after Haylee.

Christmas just shakes her head as her two youngest run off towards the shed to get their ATV. She grabs Haylee’s and Catori’s backpacks. She goes to grab her school stuff.

“I got it, mommy.” Chayton grabs Christmas school stuff.

“Thanks, sweetie.” Christmas shuts the SUV’s door and walks with her son towards the house.

When Chayton and Christmas walk into the house. Roxy runs up to them and starts jumping onto them. Chayton rubs her head “down, Roxy.”
Christmas walks into the living room and drops the girl's backpack in there. She heads towards the kitchen and notices Julia working on dinner.

“You’re home early.” She walks up and kisses Julia.

Julia returns the kiss. She looks into Christmas’s eyes after kissing her “I’ve been suspended for the next three days.”

“How come?” Christmas knew it wasn’t the first time Julia has been suspended from work.

“For decking officer Kingston.” Julia watches Christmas's reaction.

“Why did you deck him?” Christmas knew Julia only punched people that either gave her a hard time or insulted her family. If it was about
herself, she didn’t care.

“He was trying to set up an old black guy. He planted drugs in the man’s truck after I and Terror had cleared it.”

“If you cleared it and found none, how did he manage to plant them?” Christmas was a little confused.

“He said Terror missed them and he found them.” Julia munches on a carrot she forgot to put on the pan.

“That’s impossible. Your father’s wolves don’t miss anything. They have been trained and bred to pickup explosives, drugs and even rotting
corpses. That’s not counting how good of a tracker they are.” Christmas knew nothing got past Jack’s wolves.

“I know that. So, I said something and when he responded, I punched him in the face. I told his partner to report him to Internal Affairs. But instead, officer Kingston complained to my new Captain. So, for the next three days, Terror and I are on suspension.”

“What happened to your old Captain?” Christmas liked him.

“Retirement. He retired last month.”

“I bet someone higher up had something to do with it. This doesn’t feel right.” Christmas was getting a bad feeling.

“I know. I’ll talk to my Uncle Dereck and find out what is going on.”

“Well, it will be nice to have you around the house.” Christmas gives Julia another kiss.

“I was hoping you would say that.” Julia returns the kiss.

Christmas helps set the table and brew some fresh iced tea. When dinner is ready, she helps Julia place everything out on the table.

“Dinner is ready kids!” Julia yells into the living room.

To Be Continued..........

up
193 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

And so it begins

Jamie Lee's picture

Once again Julia is in the middle of something someone is trying to hide. Thomas, being the new kid on the block, best stop going only by what he reads in those files and talk with those who've worked with Julia or know her dad. And take her at her word about why others have tried to kill her, lest he get caught in the crossfire.

Hopefully the next chapter will be coming soon.

Others have feelings too.

Officer Kingston should be fired

Samantha Heart's picture

There is no place in the police force or ANY public service for racism & no excuse for planting drugs or ANY EVIDENCE on a potential suspect

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Truth to tell

I'm surprised officer Bounty has lasted this long. Do these officers wear webcams?