The Heaviness Of The Badge Chp. 11

Printer-friendly version

Cecil’s Safe House:
Cecil was listening to the police band the day that Julia was attacked. Jack told her to keep an eye on his family while he was gone. So, she found a nice townhouse that was for rent and arranged to rent it for a few months. The landlord was a little hesitant at first until she offered to pay cash for six months in advance. After that, he didn’t care.

Once she paid him for the place, she went to the storage unit Jack kept and took what equipment she was going to need. She knew Julia was a police officer, so she would be the easiest to monitor. Jack’s wife and the housekeeper would be a little more difficult. That was until Jack gave her access to their cellphones.

She was to keep her presence quiet and not let his family know she was monitoring them. While she was hanging upside down exercising, she hears the report about Julia Bounty being shot at and taken to the hospital. She Keeps listening to find out which hospital she was taken to. When she hears the name of the hospital, she stops what she is doing and changes clothes.

She grabs her satellite phone, and the emergency signal device Jack gave her to reach him. She was instructed to only use it if members of his family were in mortal danger. She races to the hospital Julia had been taken to and manages to get in without any problems. She makes it to the floor Julia was on and watches as she is brought into emergency.

One of the doctors on duty working on Julia orders her to help out. It was a good thing she use to be a doctor and works with him in trying to stabilize Julia. A few times, while they are trying to stabilize Julia, her heart stops two times.

The second time, they had a hard time bringing her back, until she suggests massaging the heart to get it going again. The doctor she was standing next to performs the procedure and gets Julia’s heart going again. For the next few hours, they work frantically to stabilize Julia and fix the damage the bullets had done to her.

By the time they finish operating on Julia, she looked like something out of a Frankenstein movie. Dr. Cornelious looks at Cecil “where did you learn that technique from?”

“My grandfather. He was a doctor in a MASH unit in the Korean War. I learned a few secrets and techniques from him.” Cecil was telling the truth. Her grandfather had been a doctor. He was the reason she became one.

“Well, that old school technique saved that woman’s life. You did well.”

“Thanks.” Cecil watches as Dr. Cornelious walks out of the operating room.

Once Cecil was cleaned up, she walks out of the operating room and finds a quiet spot to contact Jack. She pulls the emergency device he gave her out of her pocket and presses it. She hopes he gets the message.

Meeting Room, Council House, Lake County, Minnesota:
Jack was listening to the arguments from one of the pack leaders when his watch starts blinking red. He gets up and doesn’t bother to excuse himself and heads towards the door of the meeting room. As he is about to walk out of the room.

“Why are you leaving Mr. Bounty?” The pack leader from Florida wanted to know why the so called Devil’s Bounty Hunter was leaving during a council meeting.

“I would watch you say to him, Mr. Penn or you’ll find yourself nail to the wall behind you.” The Pack Leader from New York has heard rumors of what Jack Bounty was capable of.

“He doesn’t scare me. He’s just a normal human trying to stick his nose into Were business.”

The next thing Ben Penn feels is a piece of his ear being shot off. The other Were leaders in the room look in the direction of Mr. Bounty and notices he had a gun in his hand.

“That’s just a piece of your ear. Next time it will be your head.” Jack puts his gun back in its holster.

“Why you.” Mr. Penn started to stand up.

He feels a hand put on his arm and freezes in mid-motion. The woman from Kentucky sitting next to him held him in place.

“Mr. Penn, do you have a death wish? He is death touched and controls wolves. Which means he can control you. He will kill you before you get two steps to him.” Gloria had done her research on Mr. Bounty. She had a person who could see the future working for her.

“He’s death touched?” Mr. Penn looks at Gloria with disbelief on his face.

“Yes, he is death touched and can make you do anything he wants. Wolves are his animals to command.”

Mr. Penn sits back down and watches as Jack walks out of the meeting room. He looks over towards Lorcan “you never said he was death touched.”

“It’s in his nickname, Ben. The Devil’s Bounty Hunter. He’s died and was brought back by death himself.” Lorcan was there the day Mr. Bounty died and came back to life.

Jack walks out of the meeting room and towards the outside porch. He pulls his satellite phone out and calls Cecil.

Cecil was watching Debbie, Jack’s brothers-in-law, and his daughter-in-law. Christmas had arrived a few minutes ago, while she was in the operating room. She hears her cellphone start howling. A smile appears on her face as she pulls it out of her pocket.

“Hi, Jack. I hope I wasn’t interrupting anything important.” Cecil liked teasing Jack.

“Why did you push the emergency beacon?” Jack wasn’t in a good mood.

“I hope you are sitting down Jack. Because I have some bad news for you.” Cecil takes a breath.

“Tell me, Cecil.” Jack looks out at the snow-covered landscape.

“Julia’s in the hospital in serious condition. She died twice on the operating table.”

“Who’s there with her and how did it happen?” Jack wanted to know who he was going to kill.

“Your wife, daughter-in-law, and your brothers-in-law as well. As for who is responsible for her being here, all I can tell you is that she was shot at. Your wife or housekeeper might know more. What are your orders?”

“Stay with my family. I’ll call Selina to find out the rest.” Jack knew if anyone knew it would be Selina.

“You might want to call your wife, Jack. She’s about ready to kill someone.” Cecil saw the look on Debbie’s face, and she wanted revenge for whoever hurt her daughter.

“I’ll call her after I speak with Selina.” Jack knew how Debbie felt about the girls. Especially Julia and Gina. She helped the girls recover from what was done to them when they were little.

“Alright, Boss. Good hunting.” Cecil ends the call.

“What has happened, Jack?” Cheshire had felt Jack’s concern and then his anger.

All the new gifts she was given to her by the cat goddess were weird to her. The only reason she could feel Jack. Is because they have been friends for so long and consider each other family. Also, because she loved him as well.

“Julia has been attacked and died twice on the operating table.” Jack turns around to face Cheshire. His eyes showed the wolf essence in him.

“Do we know who or why she was targeted?” Cheshire could see Jack was angry.

“No, I’m about to call Selina to find out more.”

“Okay. I’ll stay here with you.” Cheshire lays her hand on his shoulder and calms him down some.

Bounty’s House, Montana:
Selina was fixing lunch for the kids, herself, and Bella. While she is cooking, her cellphone starts ringing. She looks at the number and notices it was Jack.

She picks it up and presses accept “it’s about time you called me back. We have a situation, Jack.”

“I know. My agent just called me. Who tried to kill Julia?”

“A person by the name of Pierre Soghanalian gave the order to have Julia killed. A gang by the name of Los Zetas was hired to do the job.”

“How did you find out this information?” Jack was suspicious of how Selina knew so much already.

“A friend of Julia’s from LA had them under surveillance and she recorded everything. I suggest you get home as soon as you can because your sister and her daughters are on the way here. Also, Gina called and informed me, you have a new granddaughter as well.”

“Cheshire and I will be there by midnight.” Jack was going to head home to handle the situation.

“Well, you better hurry. It sounds like Mr. Soghanalian isn’t sticking around long.”

“See what Barbara can find out about him through her contacts in MI5.” Jack figures his younger sister would want to help.

“Alright, just get home as soon as possible.” Selina knew everyone would feel better with Jack's home.

“I will.” Jack ends the call.

“I won’t be able to join you right away. Tizzy and her family and my younger daughter are heading this way.” Cheshire finally called her daughter.

“Just join me when you can.” Jack smiles at Cheshire.

“I will. I wouldn’t miss the fun.” Cheshire’s famous smile appears on her face. The Cheshire was going to have something new to play with.
Jack heads back into the mansion. He was going to have to finish these arrangements by video conference after he handle the current problem.

“Julia will be okay, Jack. She’s your daughter and has your blood in her.” Cheshire knew Jack did a blood oath with Gina and Julia. He shared a little bit of his blood with them.

“I know.” Jack knew how tough Julia was.

Later in the Evening at the Bounty Ranch:
Patricia lands the Lear Jet on the runway. She slows down as she approaches the hangar. Once the plane comes to a stop. She hears Gina open the door and step outside of the plane. She begins to file her new flight path when she hears Gina’s voice saying she was spending the night.

“Okay.”

She and Arnold prepare the plane for the night. They pull it into the hangar and turn it around to be pulled out when she needs to. She wonders why she was spending the night. She looks at Arnold “go join your wife. I’ll finish up.”

“Okay.” Arnold runs to catch up with his wife and Rebecca.

He could already see Arabella being friendly to Rebecca. He was happy they had another daughter and someone for Arabella to bound to. Maybe it will help her feel safer having a younger sister.

Rebecca follows her new mom and new big sister. She stays near them as they walk from the landing strip. She spots a huge wolf and a smaller one running towards them. She grips Gina’s hand. She was getting scared.

Gina looks at Rebecca “that’s Cadmus and Trigger. Cadmus is my wolf and Trigger is Arabella’s wolf.”

“Why is it smaller than the other one?” Rebecca was curious.

“Because Trigger is a North Carolina wolf. Cadmus was bred by my father. All the wolves on this ranch were raised and bred by him. See that one over there?” Gina points towards Sphinx.

Rebecca looks in the direction and spots a wolf that looked similar to Cadmus. She wonders who he was “who is he or is it her?”

“All the wolves on this ranch are males, except for Trigger. She is the only female wolf on the ranch. My dad doesn’t allow any unauthorized breeding on the ranch. As for the other wolf I pointed at, that’s Cadmus's litter brother. His name is Sphinx, and he is my older sister’s wolf and a police wolf as well. The other wolf standing next to him with the collar around his neck is Terror and he is a police wolf as well.”

“Who’s that really big one?” Rebecca spots Chaos looking at them.

“That is my father’s wolf and the sire to all the wolves on this ranch. There're about twelve wolves that roam the property and all of them are trained to military standards. Meaning, if you’re not family or are carrying drugs. They will know it.” Gina knew they could do more.

Rebecca watches as the smaller wolf jumps up on Arabella. She could tell Arabella loved the wolf. She watches like the one named as Chaos comes walking down to Barbara.

A smile appears on Barbara’s face when Chaos stops in front of her and her daughters. She saw that Zoey and Ashley were fascinated with him.

“Girl’s this is the meanest, nastiness and dangerous wolf you will ever meet. He is the sire to all the wolves here, except the smaller wolf over there with Arabella.”

“What’s his name, mom?” Ashley looks at her new mother.

“This is the demon dog named Chaos and he belongs to your uncle Jack.” Barbara looks at Chaos. She could tell this one wasn’t the original, but a clone her brother had bred. The original had a scar that went across his right eye.

“He doesn’t look like a demon dog.” Zoey wanted to touch him, but something was warning her not to.

“He’s not, but most people that have met him and felt those teeth of his around their body parts. Have called him a demon. Isn’t that right, Chaos?” Barbara reaches forward and scratches him between his ears.

Chaos lets the countess scratch him in his favorite spot. He steps forward and nudges the two young girls with her.

“Does he want us to pet him?” Ashley looks at her mother.

“Yes, he does. Chaos is very protective when it comes to children or people who have been abused.” Barbara knew how much all of Jack’s wolves felt about children and abused people.

Zoey and Ashley pet Chaos. They liked how his fur felt under their fingers. They pet him for a while, before heading to the house. They noticed that Chaos stayed with them to the house. When they step into the house, they spot Haylee petting a coyote and a border collie. There was a German Shepard as well.

Lobo had smelled the wolves and then several people come into the house. He went to investigate and spotted a small young girl petting the coyote and border collie. He walked over to her and she started paying attention to him and talking to him.

Bella stood nearby and couldn’t believe Lobo let another person touch him. He normally doesn’t allow anyone to touch him.

“I don’t believe it. Lobo never lets anyone touch him, except me.” Bella couldn’t believe it.

“You haven’t encountered anyone like Haylee before. All animals like her. She has a way with animals.” Selina watches as Haylee makes a new friend. She also spotted Sphinx and Terror standing nearby to protect her.

Barbara spots Selina watching Haylee petting an unfamiliar dog. She walks around them and over to Selina. “Selina, it’s been so long.” She hugs Selina.

“That it has, Countess.” Selina returns the hug.

“None of that, Selina. Just Barbara, you know that. Your family and..” as Barbara leans forward to whisper to Selina “higher rank than I am.”

“I gave all that up to take care of Jack and his family.” Selina was happy she gave that part of her life up.

Selina looks at the two young girls that were standing with Mouse and the new girl standing with Gina “who are these lovely young ladies?”

“This is my new daughter Zoey and her sister Ashley.” Barbara motions for them to step forward.

“Well, it's nice to meet you two. My name is Selina and if you need anything, feel free to ask me.” Selina looks at both girls.

“Selina, Zoey can’t talk. I’m sorry I forgot to tell you that.” Barbara forgot to tell Selina.

“That’s fine. I noticed she was listening carefully and was watching my lips.” Selina smiles at Zoey.

Zoey steps forward and hugs Selina. She liked this woman a lot.

“I think you have made a new friend, Selina.” Mouse had a smile on her face.

“I’ve made two new friends. Isn’t that right, Ashley?” Selina holds Zoey as she looks at Ashley.

“Yes ma’am.” Ashley smiles at Selina. She liked Selina as well.

“Don’t forget about my new sister, Selina.” Arabella pulls Jennifer over to Selina.

Jennifer tries to resist, but Arabella had a good grip on her. She was nervous and didn’t want to leave Gina’s side.

“I haven’t forgotten anyone Arabella, but you might want to be a little gentler to your little sister.” Selina could see how scared Rebecca and overwhelmed she was.

“Oop's! Sorry, sis.” Arabella lets go of Rebecca.

Rebecca looks at Selina “it’s nice to meet you, ma’am.” She holds her hand out to shake.

“We’re huggers in this family, Rebecca.” Selina steps closer to Rebecca and hugs her.

Rebecca returns the hug. She was starting to like this woman.

“Why don’t I and Silvia make dinner for everyone. That way Selina can catch the adults up on everything.” Alyona looks at everyone.

“I’ll help you, auntie.” Chayton figures he could pitch in.

“Just remember to not make a mess in my kitchen.” Selina looks at the three of them.

“We promise.” Silvia had a smile on her face.

“As for everyone else, except the kids. Let’s go to the den so I can catch you up on everything. You kids can stay here in the kitchen and help Chayton, Silvia, and your aunt Alyona.”

“Yes ma’am. Can I still feed the animals?” Haylee looks at Selina.

“Yes, but take someone with you.”

“Come on Zoey. You look like you want to play with everyone.” Haylee saw Ashley and Zoey watching the animals.

“Do you mind if I come?” Ashley wanted to stay near Zoey.

“Nope, come on.” Haylee leads the way to the food bin with Zoey and Ashley following her.

Arabella looks at Rebecca “come on, let’s help our aunts.”

“Who are our aunts?” Rebecca was confused.

“We are.” Alyona and Silvia raise their hands.

“Oh! Okay.” Rebecca follows Arabella’s lead.

up
200 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Would not want to be

BarbieLee's picture

Pierre Soghanalian nor anyone close to him. Rather be with the things that eat humans for a snack in the Amazon Jungle instead. I imagine he will wish he was dead a thousand times a thousand before Jack finishes with him and the screwed up police force Julia is working for.
Hugs LadyDragon
Barb
Life is meant to be lived not worn until it's worn out.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Here Comes the Sh$t Storm

Well Jack and Cheshire are on the way. The reports are showing that this will be a multiple point attack to wipe out both the local and the long distance elements of the gang. When the Bounty Family finishes this cleaning job a county might need new law enforcement, not to mention the number of bodybags that will required to clean up.

No body bags

Samantha Heart's picture

Jack & Cheshire have their OWN clean up crew & the gang/cartell leader will find his head mounted on a pike in front of the main cartell leaders house. THAT is Jack's message you mess with the Devil's Bounty Hunter this is what happens.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Ohhhhh boyyyyy

Samantha Heart's picture

Now some people ate REALLY in trouble! They went and made the "WOLF "& "CAT" MAD! With Cheshire ("The cat") though... she's upset someone tried to kill her friend's daughter & HE'S upset so she is going along for lack of a better term as back up to help Jack & have some fun she hasn't had in a LONG TIME Tourchering some poor sod that ran afoul of Cheshire (a REALLY BAD SOD MIND YOU) AND this time they ran afoul of the "BIG BAD WOLF as well. DOUBLE TROUBLE for those who went after Julia!

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Bad ain't as bad as it thinks

Jamie Lee's picture

Pierre and Los Zetas might think they are bad asses, but they haven't met a pissed off Jack Bounty, et al. With et al also having four legs.

There isn't anywhere those people can go that Jack can't find them. Even if Pierre goes back to his own territory, Jack will arrive and do a scorched earth on Pierre and all he owns.

And when the clan find Los Zetas, it will be over in a few minutes, if that long.

When the Bounty's finish with Pierre and Los Zetas, those of like profession will know to leave the Bounty family alone.

Others have feelings too.

This was

A little homestyle bonding.