The Heaviness Of The Badge Chp. 20

Printer-friendly version

Montana Police Headquarters:
Jack parks Julia’s SUV as he, Cheshire, Chaos, Cadmus, and Gina exit from it. A few spaces down from him, three black vans waited. As soon as the occupants from those vehicles spot Jack exiting from the SUV. They all get out and walk over to their boss.

Gina spotted the vans that belonged to Alpha squad as soon as they pulled into the parking lot. They had to make a stop at the Federal courthouse to pick up several arrest warrants. The information Mouse had managed to gather from several burn phones, Julia’s boss’s laptop, and his home computer gave them clues to what was going on.

The information Bella provided and the cells phones from Pierre Soghanalian gave them the evidence they needed to get warrants for several people inside the Montana Police force. That wasn’t counting the evidence Jack’s brother-in-law had gathered on his own.

Jack knew several judges at the Federal courthouse that owed him favors and that thought the same as he did about people who betrayed their oath to their badge. The final straw had been when they went after Julia and tried to kill her. A smile appears on her face because she is hoping some of the police are going to trying something. Alpha Squad was her father’s elite assault squad and she trained with them.

“Dad, do you think they are going to give you a hard time?” Gina was wearing a business suit like Cheshire’s.

“Oh, I do hope they do.” Jack reaches down and stretches Chaos between the ears. He knew Chaos was itching for some action today.

Jack enters into police headquarters first with Cheshire, Gina, Cadmus, and Chaos. Behind him were members of Alpha Squad in full body armor. Four members of Alpha Squad break off to block the front door. Two members were outside and two members were inside the building.

“Alright people, we do this by the book. You know who we are here for and if they give you any lip or any problems. You have my permission to use whatever force you deemed necessary.” Jack knew that covered a lot of choices, but his people knew what he wanted.

Jack walks up to the receptionist desk “good morning, Sergeant Flick. As of this moment, this place is on lockdown. No one is to leave or enter.”

Sergeant Flick looks at the man standing before him. He also noticed the other people standing near him and the two huge wolves as well. One wolf looked like it could be the twin of Julia’s wolf Sphinx. However, the other wolf was huge and black as night. It stood next to the man standing before him.

“What gives you the authority to lock this place down?” Sergeant Flick looks at the dark haired man wearing dark sunglasses standing before him for an answer.

“This does.” Jack lays his old silver US Marshal badge down on the counter.

Sergeant Flick looks at the badge and could tell it was really old. It had a star in the middle of a circle. Written along the surface of the circle, were the words Special Operations US Marshal. The badge itself was made of silver and was an older design.

Sergeant Flick looks at the badge and then back at the man and the huge wolf standing next to him. He presses a button under the counter and the headquarters goes into lockdown. All doors controlled by electronic locks are locked.

“I want the location of all the people on this list.” Gina places a list of people’s names on the counter.

Sergeant Flicks looks at the list notices some of the names were of importance to the Montana police force. All of them were in the building, currently, except two. He looks at the oriental woman that laid the list in front of them.

“Two of those people aren’t here right now.”

“Where are they?” Gina wanted everyone who tried to hurt her sister.

“I don’t know. I can try to locate them for you.” Sergeant wonders what these people did.

“Do it.” Gina wanted the last two.

Cheshire looks at the members of Alpha Squad “go and arrest the ones that are here.”

The members of Alpha squad go to retrieve the people they had been assigned. Jack had already given the list to Captain Lindor to assign to each member. As for himself and Cheshire, they had two people they were after.

Cheshire was assigned, Deputy Chief Cornelius. According to the information, Mouse had uncovered. He didn’t like the fact that Julia had been given special permission to use her wolf, instead of a standard police dog. Also, he had ruined several other police officers’ careers when they disagree with.

Lt. Boreanaz had been warned that Headquarters was on lockdown. He managed to destroy several files so they couldn’t be recovered. As he was in the process of backing up accounts and contacts. He hears a female voice from the doorway.

“Hello, Mr. Boreanaz. I’m Gina Bounty, you might know my sister and her wolf.” Gina looks at Mr. Boreanaz with a predator look in her eyes.

Mr. Boreanaz looks up towards the unfamiliar voice. He spots an Asian-looking woman standing in the doorway of his office. Standing next to her, was a wolf that reminded him of Julia’s wolf. The thing looked to be an identical twin to it. Except for the coloration around the eyes was different and the tips of his ear were darker.

He pulls his gun and points it at Gina. He watches as an evil smile appears on her face.

“That was a mistake, Mr. Boreanaz.” Gina palms a throwing star into her hand.

“Well, it won’t be my first mistake.” Mr. Boreanaz squeezes the trigger.

“But it will be your last.” Gina throws the star, just as Mr. Boreanaz squeezes the trigger.

Mr. Boreanaz feels a sharp object hit his wrist and his bullet misses Gina. The next thing he sees is the wolf lunging for him. He tries to shoot the damn thing, but it moved fast and knock him backward. Its sharp teeth penetrate his skin, as it locks its mouth around his arm. He feels the bones in his arm break, as its teeth go all the way through his arm.

Cadmus breaks the arm in his mouth, as he starts to shakes Mr. Boreanaz’s arm. He stood on the man’s chest and tries to get to his throat. He was going for blood.

“Called your damn wolf off me.” Mr. Boreanaz was doing everything he could to keep it from getting to his throat.

Gina walks to retrieve her throwing star from Mr. Boreanaz’s arm. She looks down at Mr. Boreanaz “I should let him kill you for your hand in the assassination attempt on my sister.”

“I have information that could be important to you.”

“Such as?” Gina wasn’t about to stop Cadmus from having his fun.

“Who is really behind the attack on your sister.” Mr. Boreanaz was hoping he could bluff his way out.

“We already know, who is really behind the attack.” Gina knew her father had Mouse do a deep dive on the internet and several black sites as well.

“You still need me to testify.” Mr. Boreanaz was doing everything he could to keep the damn wolf at bay.

“Sàil, Cadmus!”

Cadmus lets go and step away. He growls at Mr. Boreanaz. He wanted to kill this person.

“Thank you.”

“Don’t thank me, yet. I might change my mind.” Gina was willing to let Cadmus finish the job.

Mr. Boreanaz stands up off the floor, cradling his bloody ruined arm. He looks at Gina “I need a medical assistant.

“So? That’s minor compared to what was done to my sister.” Gina walks over to Mr. Boreanaz and tends to his arm.

Cheshire went looking for Deputy Chief Penn. According to the information Mouse uncovered, he was on the payroll of several drug dealers in Montana.

She finds his office door and could hear movement inside. She approaches the door to his office carefully and knocks on it.

“Enter.” Chief Penn heard what was going on and he wasn’t going to allow himself to go to jail.

He knew the drug dealers he did business with, could reach him in there. He watches as the door opens and an Asian woman enters. She was wearing a black business suit that was cut to fit her and show off her curves. In his opinion, she didn’t look dangerous.

Cheshire enters Deputy Chief Penn’s office. She immediately took in everything around her. The office was nicely decorated. As for the Deputy Chief, he was a little overweight and had a military-style haircut. He had a few scars that stood out. She figures in his prime he was a man you didn’t want to get in a fight with.

“Good morning Mr. Penn. I’m here to arrest you.” A smile appears on Cheshire’s face.

“On what charges are you arresting me and what authority do you have?” Mr. Penn wonders who this woman worked for.

“This authority.” Cheshire lays down a badge similar to the one Jack has.

It had US Deputy Marshal Special Operations in big black letters and had a star surrounded by a thin ring encircling it. In the middle of the star, there was an Eagle with its wings spread.

“As for the charges, well you’ll hear what those are when you are in court.” The smile on Cheshire’s face changes to the one that she was famous for.

“And if I don’t want to cooperate with you?” Deputy Penn figures he should be able to overpower this woman.

“That would be a mistake you would greatly regret.” Cheshire prepares herself. She could already tell this man was going to be stupid.

Deputy Penn lunges towards Cheshire but misses her as she sidesteps him. He spins around to strike at her again, but his arm is deflected away. He goes to strike her again but is thrown backward from a palm strike to his chest. He tries to keep from falling backward on his back.
He looks at her as she stood before him with a smirk on her face. She looked pleased with herself.

“Do you want to try that again?” Cheshire was enjoying herself. It has been a long time since she has used her martial arts training.

Deputy Penn goes to strike at her again, but his arm is grabbed and put in bar hold. The next thing that is heard is a popping sound as
Cheshire pops his arm out of its socket. She kicks his leg out from behind him as he drops to the floor in pain.

“I told you, you would regret it, Mr. Penn.” Cheshire takes out her quick cuffs and handcuffs him.

Police Commissioner’s Office:
Jack takes the private elevator up to the floor the Police Commissioner’s office was located at. This hasn’t been the first time he has been here and it won’t be the last time either. When the doors of the elevator open, he is greeted by several police officers wearing tactical armor and guns drawn.

“Hello, boys!” Chaos jumps out first and attacks the nearest police officers.

Jack takes several shots at his body as he exists and starts punching people. He snatches the guns from a few officers, before knocking them unconscious. He shoots a few others in their leg as he moves through them.

He heard screams as Chaos attacked a few more. He could feel that Chaos was enjoying himself. The shots he took to his body, felt like bee stings. They didn’t hurt like they use to. Several guys try to pin him down, but he tosses them like they weighed nothing. Even he is amazed at how strong he felt. He manages to subdue all the police officers that were trying to stop him from reaching the commissioner’s office.

When Jack reaches the office door, it was locked. He turns around and gives it a good mule kick and the doors go flying off their hinges. A smile appears on Jack’s face as he walks into the office. He spots John Hallaway standing at the window with his back to him looking out towards the parking lot.

“Hello, John.” Jack walks towards him. He could still feel Chaos enjoying himself.

“Hello, Jack. Can I offer you a drink?” John turns around to face Jack.

He was shocked to discover that Jack didn’t look as old as he remembered. If nothing else, Jack looked like he did back in his prime.

“I’ll have some of that Scotch whisky you’re drinking.” Jack was amazed that he could smell it like he does.

John walks over to the liquor cabinet and pours Jack a glass. He knew trying to resist Jack was feudal. The man was a trained killer and could easily kill him. He pours the drink and turns around to give it to Jack.

“Thanks.” Jack accepts the drink and takes a sip from it.

“I had nothing to do with the attack on your daughter. I knew that would enrage you.” John knew attacking Jack’s family was suicide.

“I know, I’m here because of the other things you’re involved in.” Jack takes another sip from his whisky.

“How long have you known?” John knew someone had been keeping an eye on him.

“For a while. Ever since you were a deputy.” Jack has been monitoring John for a long time.

John finishes his whisky and puts the glass down. He looks at Jack “how do you want to do this?”

Jack finishes his drink and pulls out his handcuffs. He hasn’t used his handcuffs in a long time. He walks up to John “hands behind your back.”

John puts his hands behind his back and feels Jack put on a pair of cuffs. He knew this time was going to come sooner or later. It took the attack on Jack’s daughter for him to come for him.

Chaos comes walking into the office. He had blood dripping from his muzzle. He had blood covering his fur.

“Did you have fun, my friend?” Jack could tell Chaos was happy after sinking his teeth into several people.

“I thought he would be dead by now.” John looks at Chaos.

“The original is dead. He’s a clone of the original.” Jack misses the original Chaos but knew he had another job to do.

Jack walks by the down police officers as he escorts John to the elevator. He knew a lot of them were going to need medical assistant after what Chaos did to them. When Jack arrives back downstairs in the main lobby with his prisoner.

He notices that Cheshire had her person and Gina had hers as well. Her prisoner looked like Cadmus had had fun with him.

“He resisted?” Jack looks at his daughter.

“Oh, he resisted and Cadmus had fun.”

“Looks like you had a successful hunt, Jack.” Commander Masters looks at Jack.

“I’m missing two people.” Jack knew they didn’t get everyone yet.

“Don’t worry, my boy. They will turn up.” Commander Masters knew the two people missing will turn up one way or another.

“Alpha team, secure them in the vans.” Gina looks at Captain Lindor as she gives the order.

“Yes ma’am.”

up
199 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A little fuzzy

Who is Commander Masters?

Also, the Montana Police structure has me a bit confused. Are all the various law enforcement agencies under the control of the state police? Not the way it's done here but every state gets to choose their own system.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Montana Police

In real life I don’t know how they are organized. I tried to do some research on they are.

However in my story I organized them like most big city police departments.

Commander Masters is Jack's Uncle-in-law. He's Debbie's and Jack's first wife's uncle. He helped get Julia through the police academy and protected her when he could from people trying to ruin her. He's not a State Trooper, but a police officer.

The State police are a separate entity. Julia's uncle Alex is retired from the State Police and his husband Robert is a lawyer that is a partner in a law firm. Gina's husband Arnold works at the same law firm.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Okay, thanks!

I'm pretty much indoctrinated with the way things are done in my state. Take three states in a vertical column - Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. Each state has it's own peculiarities, yet all use much the same type of organization. What goes on in the other 47 states is a bit vague to me. As I recall, Pennsylvania is rather odd, but I don't remember the details. Wyoming is a totally blank spot on the map for me so I had to wonder, is all.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Why are people so stupid?

Samantha Heart's picture

Try & resist a Bounty REALLY?! At least the comisioner was smart! He knew Jack he knew his reputation & he knew the orginal Chaos which tells you he knows EXACTLY how dangerous Jack is & gave up without much of a fight except the line of cops Chaos assisted in taking down. The only ones that WON'T need medical attention... well they REALLY resisted so... Chaos made wolf chow of them.... The other 2 that were arrested THEY were stupid especially Lt. Boreanaz & Dep Chief Penn. Boreanaz is lucks Gina kind of needed him to testify.... but again.... they have enough evidence to convict EVERYONE. With OUT the testimony of anyone.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Almost finished

With this particular arc. It's been fun.

Sometimes Evil Gets Rewarded

BarbieLee's picture

It seem some of those who are politicians and those who wear a badge believe they are outside the laws they pass or the laws they are paid to enforce. It also seems they sometimes get rewarded for their evil ways. Like all those in the police department. It wasn't the reward they wanted and Jack Bounty and Family take a very dim view of those who hurt not only family but others in their evil adventures.
Hugs LadyDragon
Barb
Life is a gift, don't waste it.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Hurting Julia the trigger

Jamie Lee's picture

Those morons had to know about Jack's reputation, and had to know about many of his adventures. So given his reputation, they should have known they were on life support by attacking and hurting Julia.

Or...maybe they thought themselves better than Jack, given how two of the morons suffered while being arrested. And the ones who tried to stop Jack.

Had they left Julia alone. Had they left the entire Bounty family alone, Jack might not have come after them so soon. But they did go after the Bounty family. And they did hurt Julia, so naturally, Jack came after them. And the wolves got some play time.

Others have feelings too.