The Old Wolf Visits the Swamp

Printer-friendly version

Jack looks out the window of his private Lear as it approaches Washington D.C. He hated coming to Washington D.C. The place was filled with backstabbing hypocrites and lairs. The only reason he agreed to fly out to Washington, was the Attorney General had contacted him personally. Plus, there were a bunch of senators and representatives that wanted to talk to him.

He sits back in his chair and enjoys a glass of whiskey. He wonders what they wanted to talk to him about. He feels the plane descend as it lands at Ronald Regan Washington Airport. Since, he didn’t need to see the Attorney General till, morning. He takes a cab to one of his safe houses located in Washington D.C.

He removes a panel and enters his code. He takes a special key from his keyring and insert it into the panel and turn it three times, then, turn it once counterclockwise. The lights automatically turn on as he walks in. He looks around and notices nothing has changed, since the last time he has been here. He and Cheshire had talked about selling the place.

He carries his overnight bag up to the master bedroom and set it on the huge bed. The cleaning person he hired to take care of his and Cheshire’s places had prepped it for him. He starts taking his jacket off and looks out the nearest window. He has been all over this beautiful planet and his thoughts always carry him back to his family and his ranch.

He turns around and opens his briefcase and pulls out a file. He had just received it a few days ago. He breaks the seal and takes out the paperwork inside the envelope. He looks through it as he takes a sip of his whiskey.

0900 hrs. Attorney General Office:
Jack looks at the Attorney General and wasn’t too impressed with him. He had investigated his professional career and his private life. He saw at one time the man was a good person, but now he was nothing but another toady to another corrupted president. He missed the president’s he used to work for.

Bill looks at Mr. Bounty. He had tried to find information about the man but couldn’t access his personnel file. His clearance wasn’t high enough to access it. When he asked the president to get his file, even he couldn’t access. It was under a presidential seal that could only be removed from the president that sealed it. Which when he found out who the president was. He knew he couldn’t get access to it. It was President Ronald Regan.

“Mr. Bounty, it has come to my attention that you have been operating as an agent for the United States administering justice and eliminating people both here and on foreign soil without permission from myself or the State Department. What I want to know, is who has given you permission and authorization to do this?” Bill watches Mr. Bounty’s facial expression and couldn’t get anything from him, except a creepy smile that forms on Mr. Bounty’s face.

“A certain President that is no longer alive.”

“Well, I’m putting a stop to it now. From this day forward your services are no longer needed and any government funds, files, and equipment
you still owned will be turned over to the DOJ.” Bill just watched Mr. Bounty while he spoke and didn’t even see him flinch.

“I’m sorry, but your request and order don’t apply to me. I take orders directly from the Attorney General whose signature is on the Presidential order I am supposed to follow.” Jack remembered the day when that document was drafted, and he was called to the White House.

“What do you mean, you don’t take orders from the Attorney General?” Bill wonders why Mr. Bounty would say that.

“I mean, I don’t take orders from you, the current chief justice or the current president. Since most of the people who signed the Presidential orders are dead, I keep following the original orders till I die. If you would like to see the original Presidential decree, I just happened to have a copy of it.” Jack pops open his briefcase and take out a copy of the original orders and hands it to Bill.

Bill accepts the document and starts reading it. He rereads the document several times and looks at Mr. Bounty “how can this document be legal? We have a juridical system and a constitution.

“It’s one hundred percent legal, Mr. Collins. Before all these so-called alphabets agencies sprung up, there was only one law enforcement agency around. Their job was to go after wanted felonies. However, with the creation of so many agencies, their true jobs were taken away.
Now, when the United States use to be a member of the International Court of Justice enforcing the law in other countries weren’t a problem.
However, when the United States left the International Court of Justice, President Regan and the other members of the UN felt that a group of people should have the authority to carry out justice that ordinary law enforcement isn’t suited for. So, President Regan, the Supreme Justice of our courts and the Attorney General at the time created a small group of people to handle these assignments. I’m the last of that group. All the others have either died naturally or retired completely. To make it so future President’s and Attorney General’s couldn’t conceal what the three had created. The order was sealed and could only be opened by the original President. Also, the order says that the current leader of the group has complete control of the actions they take.”

“Well, does your order stop you from having your funds taken away from you?” Bill figured he would try taking away their funds.

“We’re not funded by the government. We have never been funded by the government. All assets, weapons, equipment, and property we seize funds the operation. Before you ask, we pay taxes on that money as well. Plus, the money can’t be touched by you or even the current President.” An evil smile appears on Jack’s face.

Bill couldn’t believe that Mr. Bounty and his group weren’t under any government review or control. He looks at Jack “how come we can’t find your file, other then what we already know about you?”

“Because you don’t have the clearance and neither does the current President either. President Regan figured that somewhere down the line I would be called here to Washington and asked about what I do. Because of how well trained I am, and who my connections are he had my true files sealed along with certain others.” Jack was happy that his original file was sealed. He also knew that Cheshire’s file has been sealed.

“You mean your relationship with Mrs. Cheshire Patel? We know all about her.” Bill had dug into her file and found out a lot about her.

“You mean, you think you know everything about her. I would advise you now, not to piss her off. Her temper is almost as bad as mine.” Jack’s expression hardens.

“Are you threaten me, Mr. Bounty?” Bill looks at Mr. Bounty with a smug look on his face.

Jack leans forward “if I wanted you dead, Mr. Collins. You would be dead right now. That goes double for Mrs. Patel. If she wanted you dead, you would be dead, and no one would be any wiser.”

Bill latterly paled at the words and look on Mr. Bounty’s face. He had seen darkness while looking into the man’s eyes.

‘Well, that may be true, but I don’t think you want to do that.” Bill had recorded their conversation.

Jack sits back into the chair and kept his attention on Mr. Collins “why did you invite me to Washington D.C.?”

“Because I need for you and your teams to stop taking the laws into your own hands. The State Department along with the Justice Department has received complaints about you and your team leaving dead bodies and blowing up places. There have also been images of a wanted criminal from London working with your New York group.” Collins shows a picture of Hatter to Jack.

“The situations surrounding what that young teenage girl had to do and why she did it, are reasons that I would have killed the people she killed. So, unless you know the full story about her. I wouldn’t toss stones.”

“So, why did she do what she did in England?” Bill leans back into his chair.

“She went after rapist and people who loved to beat up women.” Jack had contacted a family member to get details about Hatter.

“And the people found dead in the warehouse?” Bill shows Jack those pictures.

“Those men set her partner up to be raped. She protected her partner.” Jack knew about that situation.

“Why were your people in England?” Bill wanted to know.

“Can’t tell you that.”

“Why not?” Bill wanted him to answer his question.

“Because you have no reason to know, Mr. Collins. Like, I said, you don’t have the clearance for any of this.” Jack was getting impatient with this man.

“You will tell me, or I will toss you into jail and arrest all your operatives. Starting with this White Face freak.” Bill was getting tired of Mr. Bounty telling him what he could or couldn’t do.

Jack looks at him with an angry look on his face and in his eyes. He didn’t like being told what to do by someone who wasn’t authorized to know what he and his teams did.

“Mr. Collins, I’m going to tell you this one more time and if you continue to pursue this line of questioning. Not only will I arrest you, but I will send you to one of the hidden black sites we have. I have warned you twice now. That’s more than I normally give.” Jack stands up and turns to leave.

“Where are you going? I’m not done talking with you.” Bill couldn’t believe the balls on this guy.

“I believe our conversation has ended, Mr. Collins. You have a nice day.” Jack walks out of the office with his briefcase. He squeezes the handle to turn off the jamming device he had been using to scramble any recording device Mr. Collins may have been using.

Jack heads towards the car he had at the safe house and heads towards a nice steak restaurant. It was called Valle's Steak House. As he walks in, he spots a familiar face. He waits until the person he spotted comes walking back to the hostess station.

Mary starts heading back to the front of the restaurant when she spots a familiar face waiting at the podium for her. She hasn’t seen her godfather since her graduation from High School. A pleasant smile appears on her face as she walks over to him.

“Uncle Bounty, it’s so nice to see you.” Mary hugs Jack.

“It’s so nice to see you as well, Mary. How have you been?” Jack returns Mary hug.

He could remember the day she was born. He and her father had just stepped into the hospital after catching a midnight flight back to the states. Her mother was already in the delivery room.

“I’ve been fine. I managed to get a job here, thanks to you.” Mary knew her uncle Jack talked to the manager and suggested her name to him.

“All I did was make sure you got a fair shake. Too many companies are relying on resume software, instead of doing the research
themselves.” Jack didn’t let his HR team use the software. He hired them to do a job.

“Well, thank you, Uncle Bounty. What would like to drink?” Mary takes a pad out.

“Just water, sweetie.” Jack would normally have coffee, but after meeting with Attorney Bill Collins he just wanted water.

“Okay, Uncle Bounty. Oh, your server is a friend of mine. So, if you could leave her a big tip, please. I would be very grateful.” Mary figures her uncle would help her friend out.

Jack raises an eyebrow “how bad is her situation, Mary?”

“Let’s just say the guy that she was married too, took everything they had and ran their credit cards up. She’s staying with me with her two young children till she can pay off all her debts.” Mary felt sorry for her friend. She met the guy her friend married, and he was a major asshole.

“I’ll do what I can sweetie. Call me later tonight so I can do more for you two.” Jack didn’t mind helping his goddaughter.

“Thanks, Uncle Bounty.” Mary places a kiss on his cheek and runoff.

A young woman in her early twenties with short dark brown hair comes over to his table. He could tell she was tired from the lines under her bloodshot eyes. He glances towards her name badge and it had Sherry engraved on it.

Sherry looks at the nice dress gentleman with salt and pepper short hair, sitting at her table. He had a rougher look to him, like someone who spent a lot of time outdoors. He was built like a football player.

“Do you know what you would like to order, sir?” Sherry was physically tired and emotionally tired from last night.

Her children had gotten sick while at school yesterday because some parents hadn’t vaccinated their child. Then on top of that, she got a letter
saying they were going to garnish her wages. She was barely making enough to take care of her girls and giving something to Mary for letting her and her kids stay with her.

“Yes, I would like the rib eye steak cooked medium rare, with string beans and your potato logs. When you finish placing my order, I would like a few minutes of your time as well, Sherry.” Jack gives her a warm smile.

“Why would you like to talk to me, sir?” Sherry was curious about why he wanted to talk to her.

“Because my goddaughter has said some nice things about you.” Jack glances towards Mary as she shows another group of people to a table.

Sherry looks towards where the gentleman was looking. She spots Mary showing a group of people to a table. She looks back towards him
“Mary is your goddaughter?”

“Yes, she is. So, if you trust my goddaughter, why don’t you come back and talk with me for a little while.” Jack was trying not to look intimidating,

Sherry looks at him and had heard rumors and seen pictures of him in Mary’s place. The one that struck her as odd was the one with Mary riding a horse. She didn’t know Mary could ride.

“Okay, sir.” Shelly goes and places his order. She stops and tends to a few of her tables on her way back towards him.

Mary was up at the hostess podium and notices there were two men sitting in a car outside the restaurant. She notices they have been sitting there for a while. She grabs her glass and heads towards the back to get some water. She walks around and makes her way to her godfather.

“Uncle Jack, I don’t know if I should be worried, but there’s a car outside with two men in it watching the restaurant.” Mary was a little concerned.

“How long have they been there, Mary?” Jack looks towards the front of the restaurant, but he couldn’t see anything.

“At least ten minutes now, Uncle Jack.” Mary watches her Uncle.

“Go back up front and text me if they are still there.” Jack takes his phone out.

“Okay, Uncle Jack.” Mary heads back up front and spots the car and the men. She texts her uncle.

Mary looks back and notices he was gone. She hopes he comes back.

“Where did your godfather go, Mary?” Sherry had gone back to talk with him.

“Beats me, but he left his suit jacket. He’ll come back for it.” Mary watches the car across the street from the restaurant.

Agent Larry Dogward and his partner Agent Harry Gray were told to tail Mr. Bounty. The Attorney General wanted to know where he was staying and where he was going. They had followed him to Valle's Steak House. They knew he was still inside eating because his car was still parked where he left.

“You know, we should have someone inside watching him.” Agent Gray wish they had stopped and got some stack out snacks.

“I know, but its just the two of us.” Agent Dogwood pulls out the binoculars to see if he could spot Mr. Bounty.

“Looking for me, gentlemen?” Jack had snuck out and behind them and slipped in through the back door.

Both men jumped when they heard Jack’s voice. They turn around in their seats and look at him.

“How in the hell did you spot us and get into our car unseen?” Agent Dogwood was curious.

“Because that is what I am good at. Why don’t you two join me for some lunch?” Jack just smiles at them. He could have killed them any time he wanted too.

“Fine.” Agent Dogwood figures, since they had been spotted, they might as well join Mr. Bounty.

The three men head inside the restaurant. As they walk in, Jack spotted his goddaughter “they are with me, Mary.”

“Yes, sir.” She escorts her uncle and his guest back to his table.

“One moment gentlemen. While your waiting, order whatever you would like.” Jack steps off to speak to Sherry.

Mary walks up to the table “what would you gentlemen like to drink?”

Both agents couldn’t believe what Mr. Bounty was doing. They didn’t know anything about him, but they were wondering why Mr. Collins was so concerned about Mr. Bounty.

Jack shows back up after fifteen minutes. He hopes that Sherry will take him up on his offer. He transferred some money into Sherry’s bank account and gave her the number for his lawyer to handle her marital problems, including the finical ones.

“Sorry for that gentlemen. Now, why don’t you tell me why you were following me, while we eat lunch.” Jack orders two more steak lunches for the agents.

Later that evening after Jack paid for his and the two agent’s lunches. He leads them back to the safe house he is using, and they have drinks. Jack just watches as both agents pass out from drinking too much. If they had paid attention to him, they would have realized that he has been sipping his first drink.

Jack goes upstairs to his room and changes into his working clothes. He straps on his favorite handgun and takes a few zip cuffs with him. He pulls his old triple barrel shotgun out and looks at it.

“Well old friend, its time to make a statement.” As he straps it on his back.

Jack takes the passed-out agents’ car to the neighborhood Bill Collins lived. He parks it a few blocks away from his place. Jack makes his way to Bill Collins’s place and waits till midnight.

Jack disarms the alarm system and jam the camera’s around the place. He breaks into his place and makes his way to the Master bedroom.

He slips a disk into the bedroom and counts to ten, before entering the room. He walks over to the unconscious form of Bill Collins and removes him from the bed. He recovers Bill’s wife’s sleeping form and carry out Bill’s unconscious form out of the house.

An hour later, Collins is woken up, hanging upside down from a tree. Collins tries to scream, but his mouth is covered. He shivers from the breeze coming off the river they were near. He notices that Jack was standing nearby.

Jack notices that the Attorney General was wide awake and looking towards him. A smile appears on his face.

“Now, I want you to realize that I could have killed you and left your body anywhere I wanted to Mr. Collins. The second thing you need to realize is this. I warned you about trying to find out about the information you don’t have access to. Now, I find myself in a dilemma. Normally, I would go ahead and kill you since you didn’t take my advice. However, I can’t do that because you are the Attorney General of the United States. So, I’m going to let you go. If you ever decide to press charges against me or come at me with anything. I will release every dirty deal, Black Op’s job and crooked deal the United States has been involved in. I will also release every dirty detail I have on you and every crooked politician.” Jack walks over and cuts Collins down. He doesn’t catch him as he falls onto his back. Jack kneels next to him and removes the gag.

“Next time I won’t be so nice to you. I called a Lyft driver to come and pick you up.” Jack stands up.

“You’re not above the law Mr. Bounty. That’s too much power for one person to have.” Bill sits up and looks at Jack.

“You’re right I’m not above the law. However, I have been cleaning this country’s crap up and taking care of criminals that threaten the safety of this country. All because people like you and the other rich fucks think they are above the law. I’m getting sick and tired of it. I also gave my word that only people who have access to the President’s order I am operating under, get to know what I and my people are doing.” Jack makes sure Collins sees his face.

Collins shivers as another breeze blows off the river. He closes his eyes for a second and when he opens them. Mr. Bounty was gone.

Twenty minutes later a Lfyt driver shows up and takes him home. It was early in the morning. So, instead of going to bed. He goes downstairs
and fixes himself some coffee. There was a hand written message on the coffee machine. Remember our conversation.

The two agents that had been at Jack’s house woke-up in their car, parked near the FBI building. They noticed a twenty-dollar bill taped on the inside of the front windshield with a yellow sticky note, that said breakfast on me.

Jack heads to the airport to head back to Montana.

up
233 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The AG WILL NOT

Samantha Heart's picture

Like what Jack just told him NOT ONE BIT! However he had BETTER HEED Jack's warning and NOT pursue him or Chashire or Hatter or ANY of his teams or MESS with his family ANY of them. Including the wolves.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

How stupid might the AG be?

Jamie Lee's picture

That AG has pants that are too big for him, thinking he can access information he's not allow to have. And then think he has the clout to push Jack around.

That AG didn't pay close attention to what Jack told him, but found out what Jack could do when he found himself hanging upside down.

After finding himself hanging upside down out in the middle of somewhere, it might be wise for the AG to take Jack's word when he said he'd release information about crap the US has pulled.

This story was a very good beginning to a battle between the AG and Jack Bounty, one the AG soon regrets starting. Hint hint.

Others have feelings too.