The Heaviness Of The Badge Chp. 22

Printer-friendly version

One Week Later:
Zoey and Ashley give Jack and Debbie a hug before they board the Lear Jet that was going to take them to England. They had fun while they were in Montana and visiting their uncle and aunt. Mouse gives Jack and Debbie a hug as well.

“Sorry to see you go back to England, Mouse.” Debbie holds Mouses hands.

“My vocation time is up and I can’t get an extension. My boss needs me back, because there isn’t anyone who can do what I do.” Mouse knew she was irreplaceable.

“Well, don’t stay away too long.”

“I won’t.” Mouse hugs Debbie, before getting on the Lear Jet.

She spots Pierre Soghanalian shackled and sitting in one of the chairs on the jet. The one they were taking back to England, belonged to the British Secret Service. A smile appears on Mouse’s face as she looks at the youngest wolf among Jack’s pack watching him.

Jack insisted that she take Apollo with her to keep Pierre Soghanalian under control. Afterward, Charlotte could either keep apollo with her or drop him off at their Uncle Sheamus place he’ll come and get him later.

Mouse saw how Mr. Soghanalian was looking at Apollo. An evil idea pops into her head “don’t worry Mr. Soghanalian. Apollo won’t do anything to you unless you're stupid.”

“He’s a sweetie.” Zoey and Ashley hug Apollo.

Charlotte looks at her brother and Debbie. It was nice that she got a chance to visit them, but wishes it was under better circumstances. She hugs both of them “you guys need to come to England for a while.”

“We’ll come this summer when the girls come and visit you.” Debbie had already planned on going with the girls this summer to England.

“Good. I know mom will be thrilled to see and you’ll have MI 5 watching you.” Charlotte knew that headquarters always assigned someone to watch Jack whenever he stepped onto English soil.

He was a legend among the department and whenever he came to England. They always had two agents monitoring him. They knew it was impossible to follow him. Jack knew England and the location of the many secret passages that weren’t used anymore.

“Keep me up to date on how Julia is doing.” Charlotte loved all her nieces.

“We will.” Debbie gives Charlotte one last hug.

Charlotte returns the hug, before getting onto the Lear Jet. Everyone steps back as the Lear Jet powers up and starts moving down the runway. They watch as it lifts into the sky.

“Well, there goes Charlotte and her family.” Debbie watches as the plane gets further and further away from the ranch.

“Patricia is going to take everyone else home tomorrow and the ranch will be back to semi-normal.” Jack knew the two people he missed when he went to police headquarters were in custody and jail.

They thought they could escape from Jack and his family, but didn’t count on Jack having agents among the State Troopers. The two guys were captured and taken to Federal jail.

“I’m glad Julia is awake.” Debbie was worried about her oldest daughter.

“Me too, I don’t know how much more damage she can take.” Debbie knew Julia has suffered a lot in the past few years.

“She’ll be okay. Maybe, she can get transferred from the K-9 division to the detective division?” Jack has been thinking that Julia might be safer in another division.

“I would be happy if she was in a safer occupation or division. She’s got kids that need her.” Debbie didn’t want Julia to be killed or end up in the hospital again.

“You know she would be bored doing menial tasks around the office.” Jack knew his oldest daughter and knew Julia would be bored with an office job. She wasn’t cut out to be a paper pusher.

“You’re right. She’s too much like you. She needs to feel useful and wanted.” Debbie knew how Julia was.

“Hey, she’s her father’s daughter.” Jack smiles as he and Debbie walk back to the house.

Julia’s Hospital Room:
Julia couldn’t believe how bad she felt. She took a lot of damage from all those bullets fired at her and from her truck flipping upside down. She looks down on either side of her and notices her girls were sound asleep. Both of them had their arms wrapped around her.

Her son was in the chair her wife normally sat in when she stayed with her. Today, the children wanted to be with her. That included Sphinx as well. The kids managed to sneak him inside and up to her hospital room.

Well, the kids had help. The nurse that has been looking after her was an agent of her father’s. Sphinx was laying down by her bed and didn’t want to leave Julia’s side.

Chayton looks over towards his mother “are you feeling okay, mom?”

“Just very sore, sweetie.” Julia knew it was going to take time for her to recover.

“Well, let me know if you want anything, mom.” Chayton was willing to help his mother.

“That’s sweet of you, sweetie.” Julia reaches over to squeeze Chayton’s hand.

Chayton reaches for his mother’s hand and squeezes her hand. He wanted to be here for her and his little sisters. He knew the girl's wishes that their mother was at home.

He reaches down and scratches Sphinx. Sphinx looks up at Chayton as he enjoys the affection he was getting. He was protective of his pack and wouldn’t allow anything to hurt them.

Cecil comes into the room and spot Julia with her two girls laying next to her. She notices Chayton scratching Sphinx between his ears. She still couldn’t get over how big Jack’s wolves are.

She walks over to Julia “how are you feeling today, Mrs. Bounty?”

“Sore, very sore.” Julia was feeling every ache from where the bullets went into her body.

“You got to shoot up pretty good. It’s going to take time for you to recover.” Cecil figures Julia should be able to go back to work in a month or so.

She checks Julia over, being careful not to wake the girls. After Cecil is done checking Julia over, she writes her notes down and leaves the hospital room. She’ll send an update to Jack later. She was just happy that Julia survived the attack.

Jack’s Ranch:
Jack and Debbie walk into the house and find Hatter and Alyona playing chess. Aylin was doing pretty good against Alyona. She has only lost a few pawns and one knight, so far.

Jack and Debbie watch as the two women play against each other. Jester and Mark were in the gym practicing against each other. Tizzy and her family were spending time with Cheshire. They had gone into town to pick up a few items for dinner tonight. Cheshire was going to cook and give Selina a chance to relax.

She’s been cooking for everyone. The girls helped her out in the kitchen. Bree loved helping and tasting everything. She was standing behind her mother and watching as she played against her cousin Alyona.

Alyona looks at Hatter “ready to give up now?”

“Never.” Aylin makes her move.

Alyona makes her move and knew she has Aylin beat in a few more moves. She does give credit to Aylin. She was pretty good at chess.

up
180 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Road to Recovery

Samantha Heart's picture

It's going to be a LONG hard road for Julia but she WILL Recover! Maybe insted of an detective be a K-9 trainer. Kind of an office job, but not really. Sphinx can get his work out with Julia & she can help train the police department's dogs but NOT up to her farhers up to her fathers standards. THATS reserved for HIS PACK!

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Sometimes change is necessary

Jamie Lee's picture

Julia's body will need plenty of time to not only heal but recover from the shock it suffered from the bullet impacts. Julia's mind will also need time to process everything she went through, and maybe her need to meet with someone for a time. Plus, once her body heals, she need physical conditioning to gain her strength back, which will likely be frustrating for Julia.

Jack and Debbie are right that Julia needs to consider a new position in the department or something else altogether. Her kids were really worried about her, and should be Julia's main concern now.

Others have feelings too.