The Rebirth Of The Old Wolf

Printer-friendly version

Jack watched as all his people headed back to their families. His girls were transported to the nearest private hospital, before heading back home. His granddaughters flew back with the wolves and their mothers.

Jack looks out over the ranch when something catches his attention. He looks towards the West and notices four objects descending from the sky. As far as he knew, none of his people were due to come in. Just as he was heading into the log mansion, several missiles strike the front of the entrance.

Jack is blown backward through the front door of the mansion. He lands on his back, from the explosion. The front of his chest and face was hurting, but he didn’t let that stop him. He gets up off the floor as quickly as possible and heads towards the armory.

He grabs his body armor and puts it on. Once his body armor was on, he grabs his favorite weapons, and several reloads for his weapons. He also grabs his custom grenades, flash bombs, and smoke grenades. He looks at the monitor in the armory and notices that there were four people in full body armor inside the mansion. The image on the monitor goes fuzzy. He uses the secondary entrance to the armory, which opens into the main living room.

He knows this mansion better than they do. He opens a hidden panel and sneaks through to where they were. He spots one of them ahead of him. He walks up behind the person and put them in a choke hold.

John felt himself grabbed from behind. He noticed that Mr. Bounty had used a choke hold on him. He tries to break the choke hold but couldn’t. Mr. Bounty had a good hold on him. He activates one of the special features of their armor.

Jack could feel an electrical charge passing through his armor and into him, as he held onto the guy. The electrical charge built up. He had no choice, but to release the person he was holding.

John felt Mr. Bounty’s hold on him, released. He takes full advantage of it. He spins around and slaps a round disk onto the front of Mr. Bounty’s chest armor. The disk explodes, sending Jack flying backward.

John fires his rifle at Jack as he falls. He watches as Jack twists mid-fall and the shot misses him.

“He’s in front of me.” John fires again at him but misses.

“Keep him pinned down. We’re on our way.” Blake had orders to capture Mr. Bounty.

“Easier said than done.” John moves out of the way, just in time as the wall next to him explodes.

John couldn’t believe the shotgun Mr. Bounty had in his hands. It had three fucking barrels and he only fired once. He moves to dodge the next blast, but the polarization effect of his visor darkens as a bright white light goes off. He is temporarily blinded as he is blown off his feet.

Jack saw how fast his attacker moved, so he tried something different. He fired one of his sunbursts rounds to blind his attacker and then fired one of his solid slug rounds towards the attacker’s chest. He watches as the person goes flying backward off their feet.

Jack gets up off the floor and walks towards the person. They were laying on the floor with the front of their armor cracked from the solid slug hitting their armor. Jack snaps a picture of the person laying on the floor. He could hear someone coming towards his location. Before he leaves, Jack booby traps the person he took down.

Blake and Brenda arrived at the same time and spot John laying on the floor with a fist-size indent in his chest armor. Brenda walks forward to look closer at the armor, when an explosion goes off, sending her flying backward off her feet. She slams into Blake, knocking him backward.

She slides off his body towards the floor. She felt the impact through her armor. She lays on the floor hurting from the impact.

“Are you alright?” Blake looks down at Brenda.

“That hurt.” Brenda picks herself up off the floor.

“We got to capture this man and take him back alive.”

“Will you two stop talking and capture this man.” Donald appears across from them.

“How about John here?”

“Leave him. If he’s still alive after we capture Mr. Bounty. We’ll come back for him. Our primary objective is to capture Mr. Bounty. The Bishop wants to interrogate him.”

“Is he nuts? Mr. Bounty isn’t the type of person you capture alive. I’ve heard too many damn stories from agents who have tried and failed.”
Brenda knew too many former agents and assassins that have said you take Mr. Bounty out with a missile strike or drop a damn nuke on his ass.

Jack watches from a shadow he had stepped into. The style of the body armor the attackers were wearing, was the same style that Carla wore. Which meant it was in the same class as his body armor. He heard that the government had developed a new type of armor, but he couldn’t locate where it was or where it was being manufactured, or what it was capable of. He needs to lead them outside of the mansion. If they kept fighting inside, it would seriously damage the mansion.

He steps out of the shadows and fires his shotgun at the three armor assailants. He hits the closest one and watches as the person falls forward. He drops a smoke bomb and uses the smoke as cover to head outside the mansion.

Blake was starting to walk forward towards Donald when he gets hit from behind and is sent flying forward off his feet. The onboard computer of his body armor was showing where he had gotten hit. The environmental seal of his body armor was compromised.

Donald and Brenda look in the direction where the shot came from and saw a white cloud of smoke. Donald helps Blake up off the floor.

“He’s playing with us.” Brenda glances towards Blake as he stood up.

“No, he’s trying to get our attention, so we’ll have to follow him.” Donald figures that were why the smoke was blocking their view of him.

“We’re not going to follow him, are we?” Brenda had her rifle in her hands.

“We’ll play his game for now. That way leads outside.” Donald takes point and heads back outside.

The gliders they flew in on were right where they left them. Donald gives them a wide berth. He figures Mr. Bounty might have booby-trapped them. He uses the thermal built into the helmet to scan for Mr. Bounty’s heat signature but doesn’t pick it up.

“Stay alert, people. Remember, he might be seventy years old, but he is still an experienced fighter.” Donald was staying alert.

He tried to learn as much as he could about Mr. Bounty before he took the assignment to bring him in alive for the Bishop. The Bishop wanted Mr. Bounty to be brought in and tortured. He also wanted to know why the supernatural clans had approached him and his partner.

“He left tracks over here.” Blake had found some tracks on the ground.

“Be careful, Blake. Your body armor is already compromised.” Brenda was concerned about her brother.

Blake moves forward carefully, as he follows the tracks. They were leading towards the tree line.

“He’s moving into the woods.”

“Alright, don’t enter yet.” Donald starts moving towards Blake’s location.

Brenda walks over towards her brother as well. Just before the two of them reach Blake’s location. An explosion goes off directly behind him. He goes flying and lands at their feet. There was a big smoking hole in the back of his armor.

Donald and Brenda start firing into the tree line. It looked like a scene from Predator with all the ammo they were wasting.

“STOP!” Donald stops firing into the woods.

Brenda stops as well and just as she lowered her weapon. She goes flying backward off her feet. There was a smoking hole in her chest plate
of her body armor.

Donald was surprised when Brenda got hit and sent flying backward off her feet. He looks in the direction the shot came from but couldn’t see anything.

“Why don’t you come out and we can settle this like men?” Donald figures he could take Mr. Bounty in a hand-to-hand fight.

Jack steps out from he was concealed. He had been to the left of them, instead of directly in front of where they had been firing. He was carrying Anika’s spare sniping rifle she kept at the mansion. It fired the special rounds his company developed to penetrate body armor like his.

“Are you sure about this, boy?” Jack stops halfway towards Donald.

“Oh, I’m sure old man. Let’s see how good you are.” Donald tosses his rifle to the ground.

He starts removing his body armor as he watches Mr. Bounty. He wants to see how good he was. He finishes removing his armor.

Jack removed his body armor and laid his shotgun and Anika’s spare rifle on the ground near the armor. He figures this man needed to be taught a lesson about manners and who the better fighter was. He also figures that the information Carla gave him, this guy might be enhanced.

Donald waits for Mr. Bounty to make the first move. He didn’t even notice the move until it was too late. He felt the power behind the punch to his jaw. He tries to block a second punch, but Mr. Bounty faked him out and he took it to his stomach.

Jack managed to land three punches to Donald. He felt how tough Donald was, from the punch to the man’s jaw. A punch like the one he delivered, normally stunned his opponent. He barely managed to block a punch from Donald.

Donald keeps Jack on the defensive, not giving him a chance to strike back. He is caught off guard when Jack punches him so hard in his right shoulder. It causes his whole right side to go numb from the punch. He manages to land several blows to Jack’s body and face.

Jack could taste blood in his split lip from the last punch to his jaw. He was going to need to be a little sneakier in how he did things. He lands a kick to Donald’s midsection and follows up with an elbow to his face.

Donald wasn’t expecting the attack. He thought Jack was a standard fist-fighter, not like an MMA fighter. He reaches into his bag of tricks and punches Jack's center chest as hard as he could. Jack stumbles backward, as he felt the blow to his heart and heard several ribs break. He needed to end this fight as fast as possible.

He takes a deep breath and goes in using a few tricks he learned from Cheshire when they use to spar. He fakes Donald out and hits him so hard, that he drops to the ground. Jack looks down at Donald “stay down, boy. I don’t want to kill you.”

“But I want to kill you, old man.” Donald pulls the concealed gun he had and shoots Jack twice, before passing out.

Jack didn’t have time to react when he felt the bullets enter his chest. He drops to the ground on his knees and places his left hand where the bullets entered his body. His other hand fumbles around for his emergency beacon he carries with him.

He realizes it was in one of the pouches on the utility belt of his armor. He gathers what strength he could and crawls over towards where his armor was laying. Every inch of ground he was forced to crawl, felt longer than it should be. The bullets hadn’t penetrated his heart but had come close. He could feel the sharp edge, every time his heartbeat.

Hayden, Colorado:
Angel was enjoying some downtime with her two girlfriends. One was behind her wearing a spikey strap-on and entering her body. Her other girlfriend was in front of her with her cock buried inside her mouth. It’s been six months since she has been back home. She has been spending those months gathering information about the Hunter organization and who their leaders were for Jack.

She missed her fun time with her lovers Debbie and Angela. She has known them throughout her career before she became a woman. She enjoys it as both women take her. In no time all three of them reach their orgasms. She collapses onto the bed with her face buried in Debbie's groin area. She felt Angela resting on top of her from behind her. The strap-on was still buried inside of her vagina.

As she is lying there recovering, she hears her cellphone blaring like crazy. She disentangles herself from her lovers and rushes over to where her cellphone was laying. She picks it up and notices it flashing red with a wolf head showing on the screen.

“Shit! What have you gotten yourself into now, Jack?”

“What’s wrong, Angel?” Angela was curious about what Angel just said.

“My boss is in some sort of trouble.” Angel grabs the nearest pair of panties and slips them on.

“You do know those are my panties you just slipped on.” Angela had a smile on her freckled face.

“It doesn’t matter. I need to hurry and get dress. He has never sent out an emergency before.” Angel finds her bra and put it on to support her medium size breasts. She slips on her specialized sneak suit and boots next.

“What do you think happened?” Debbie was curious. She was hoping to spend more time with her friend.

“Don’t know, but if he sent out his emergency signal, it has to be bad.” Angel finishes getting dressed.

She grabs her car keys to her custom Range Rover. Just as she is heading towards the door.

“Are you the only one within distance to him?” Angela had gotten out of bed and was following behind Angel.

“Yes, but I hadn’t realized he was here in Hayden.” Angel stops and turns around and kisses Angela.

Angela returns the kiss. She hated to see Angel leave again, but she knew what she was getting into when they became lovers. First when she use to be a man and when she had a sex change after being left for dead by the CIA out in the desert. As far as the CIA knew, Angel’s original male persona had died out in the desert.

Angel rushes down towards her black Range Rover and places her cellphone in the holder. She brings up where Jack’s signal was originating from. She knew he had a ranch out in Colorado, but she never bothered to locate it.

She backs out of the driveway and follows the directions her cellphone gave her. She hopes he wasn’t in too much trouble. She still owed him for saving her life in Iran. All the jobs she has done for him, since meeting him and his partner haven’t made them even.

If he hadn’t found her out in the desert where she and several others were ambushed. She would be dead right now, buried in the sand and no one would have ever found her remains. She tries to keep within the speed limit, but she goes over several times.

She finally arrives at the ranch after twenty minutes of driving. She spots smoke coming from the log mansion up at the top of the hill. She cautiously approaches the place and spots Jack laying near his body armor. His head was resting on the chest piece. Another person was lying close to him.

Angel parks her Range Rover nearby and jumps out. She rushes over towards Jack's prone body and notices his chest was covered in blood and had two bullet holes in it.

“What have you done to yourself, now you old wolf.” Angel checks to see if Jack still had a pulse.

He had one, but it was very weak. It looked like he lost a lot of blood as well. She shakes her head and rushes back to her Range Rover. She needed to get those bullets out of Jack’s body before his blood became septic. She opens a hidden compartment in the back of her Rover and grabs her emergency medical and surgical kit.

She didn’t feel comfortable operating on Jack out in the woods, but she needed to stabilize him. She opens another secret compartment and pulls out a blood transfusion kit. She knew Jack was AB positive and she was O positive.

She hooks herself up to Jack. She starts trying to stabilize him and remove the bullets inside of him. She wishes she had better facilities, but she had to do what she could for him now.

She gets to work on removing the bullets from Jack’s chest. She could feel herself getting lightheaded as she worked.

“Come on you damn wolf of a bitch. Don’t take too much of my blood.” Angel manages to remove the bullets and sealed the wounds.

Angel takes her gloves off and removes the transfusion tube from her arm. She was feeling weak from her blood going into Mr. Bounty’s body.
She rests for a few minutes, before getting up and checking the other bodies. She finds that two of them were going to need medical attention. And one of them was just knocked unconscious. The fourth person was dead.

She secures the unconscious person and calls for Alpha team to come and pick up the other two. She also asks them to bring a few supplies she was going to need to keep Mr. Bounty alive. As for Mr. Bounty, she struggles to get him inside the mansion. Parts of it were damaged from what looked like a firefight had taken place.

Several Hours Later:
Angel is woken from the alarms she placed to alert her if someone came to the mansion. She looks out the window from the living room and spotted two black SUVs pulling up. She had her gun out and ready to shoot whoever they might be. She spots Clarence, the leader of Alpha team.

She puts her gun away and stumbles out of the mansion. She waves towards Clarence “thank god you are here, Clarence. Did you bring the supplies I asked for?”

“Dark Angel, what are you doing here? You’re supposed to be in Rome right now?” In the last report he read about her; Angel was still overseas.

“I finished my assignment and came back home. I was hoping to have some downtime after six months overseas.”

“What happened?” Clarence wanted a full report before he removed anyone.

“All I can tell you is Mr. Bounty’s emergency beacon went off and since I was the nearest, it alerted me. When I arrived, I saw him injured with two bullet holes in his chest. They looked to be from a small-caliber gun, that I found in that man’s hand.” Angel points towards the guy she secured.

There are two over there, that I managed to stabilize that needs better medical attention. There’s a dead body outside that looks to belong or are part of their team.”

“How is Mr. Bounty?” Clarence was concerned about his boss.

“Stabilized for now, but he needs to be in a hospital. Do you know why he was out here?” Angel was curious.

“Meeting with representatives from the Hunter organization. Anika contacted us that they captured six agents and they are locked up here.”

“That’s the same organization Mr. Bounty had me looking into at the Vatican. I wonder why they would be interested in him?” Angel was puzzled now.

“Well, we’ll find out what is going on. I’ll have two of my people take the two you patched up, to one of our private hospitals. As for the one you found. I’ll question him myself.”

“How about the other six prisoners and Mr. Bounty?”

“You’re going to have to look after Mr. Bounty until we can get the transport out here to move him. As for the other six prisoners, they are coming with us.” Clarence was going to interrogate them like Anika wants him to do.

“Alright, I’ll stay here with Mr. Bounty until the transport arrives.” Angel wonders when the transport would arrive.

“Thanks, Angel. I know Mr. Bounty would appreciate it.” Clarence knew Jack pretty well.

“Yeah, yeah. Now go and ask that creep why he tried to kill our boss.”

“You’re spunky for someone so short.” Clarence liked Angel.

“You haven’t seen anything yet.” Angel just smiles at Clarence.

Clarence just shakes his head and escort their prisoners out of the mansion. He collected all the weapons and body armor he found at the place. He’ll drop the unknown body armor off at Chaos armor to have it analyze.

Angel waits until the Alpha team leaves, before heading into the kitchen to see what food was available. She was glad that the fighting hadn’t come close to the kitchen. She rummages around inside the refrigerator and finds some leftovers. She also finds a bottle of Jack’s favorite whiskey as well.

Before she sits down to eat and enjoy a drink, she checks on him. She was a little worried because she had to operate on him out in the opening, instead of a sterilized room. His vitals were low but stable. She hopes nothing happens to him.

Angel heads back into the kitchen and heats the leftovers she found. She takes a tentative bite of it and enjoyed it. Whoever cooked it did a good job of it.

She walks back into the living room, where she placed Mr. Bounty and sits in one of the comfortable leather chairs in there. She watches Jack as she eats.

Jack:
Jack finds himself standing in a clearing, surrounded by trees. Trees he recognizes from his home in Ireland. A nice breeze blows by him as he tries to figure out where he was. The last thing he remembered was pressing his emergency beacon, after crawling over to it.

He hears wolves howling. He turns around towards the direction they were coming from and spot a huge black wolf coming towards him. A smile appears on his face as he recognizes who the wolf is. He is nearly knocked over as Chaos comes up to him.

Jack kneels to pet him “you have been missed, my old friend.” He hugs Chaos.

“I take it that this wolf is yours?” A figure dressed in animal skins and wearing a headpiece that looks like it came off a huge bull comes walking out of the woods.

Jack notices that he was speaking in ancient Gaelic and stood several feet above him. Somewhere in his memory, he knew who this person was.

“I raised him since he was a cub and he has been my companion, friend, and protector.” Jack looks at the man.

“He seems to be an unusual wolf. There are creatures here that avoid him and some who chose to test him.”

“Any that chose to challenge him are stupid. He fears no man or animal.” Jack scratches the top of Chao's head, in between his ears.

“Come and walk with me, Mr. Bounty.” As the figure starts walking away from the woods.

Jack follows with Chaos by his side. Jack wonders if he has finally died and he was now waiting on judgment for the things he has done in his life.

“Am I dead?” As Jack walks side by side with the huge man.

“You Mr. Bounty are at a crossroad. You could go ahead and continue on to your final resting place or go back and keep helping those that need your help. There are many people who still need your and your partner's help. The choice will be yours.” The man stops and faces Jack.

Jack looks down at Chaos “I wish you could come back with me, my old friend.”

“He has a job here to do. Besides, don’t you have a clone of him?” The man looks at Jack like Jack’s father used to do.

“Yes, but the clone can never replace the original. Now, can they, Chaos?” Jack loved his wolves very much.

“I guess you should send me back to my body.” Jack figures his time was up just yet.

“Just open your eyes, Mr. Bounty.” As the man blows on Jack.

The Main Living Room:
Angel was slowly falling asleep from the booze she drunk and from the leftovers, she ate. Just as she was drifting off, she got movement out of the corner of her eye. It was moving towards Jack using the shadows to conceal itself.

She pulls her gun out and just before it got close to Jack, she fires at it. She watches as a huge wolf jumps out of the shadow. She has never seen anything so big before.

Lorcan was surprised that he had been shot. He thought the shadows were protecting him. It was good that whatever the bullet was made of, wasn’t silver. He had been sent here to check this Bounty person out. He wanted to know more about him.

He looks at the young short petite woman with silver streak hair, pointing her gun at him. He thought he used enough magic to put her out. He approaches her carefully.

Angel was surprised that her bullets didn’t do anything to this wolf. She fires two more times at him and watches as the bullets bounced off his fur.

“What the hell are you?” She didn’t know what else to do to this thing.

Lorcan starts changing forms into his hybrid. He looks down at the petite woman, who still had her gun pointed at him.

“I’m known as Lorcan and I’m here to investigate why the Hunter organization is so interested in your boss.” Lorcan glances towards Jack.

“What the hell are you?” Angel couldn’t figure out what she could do to stop him.

“I think you already know, what I am.” An evil smile appears on his face.

“That’s not possible. There’s no such thing as Werewolves.” Angel didn’t believe in them.

“Then, how do you explain me?” Lorcan looks at the young woman with a seriousness about him.

“I don’t know, but you can’t exist.”

Just as she says those words, Jack starts coughing. Angel gets up and rushes past Lorcan to check her boss. She watches as his eyes open and changes colors to those of a wolf. She also watches as his skin and body age backward.

“Holy Shit!”

Lorcan walks over, after changing into his human form, and notices the changes as well. He could feel the outside power of a god-like being flowing throughout Mr. Bounty. He notices Mr. Bounty’s eyes and how they looked like the eyes of a wolf.

“Jack, are you okay?” Angel was curious.

She was a little worried and wonders if this Lorcan fellow had anything to do with this. She watches him as he laid on the sofa.

“I’m fine, Angel. I’m just adjusting to what is going on with me.” Jack could still feel the presence of the person he had spoken with. He also felt
so energized now.

He hasn’t felt like this in a long time. He lifts his hand and saw that his skin looked like it did when he was younger. All the aches and injuries he had sustained during his years as a spy, soldier, and farmer were all gone.

He looks at Angel “take the Iv’s out of me please.”

“Yes sir.” Angel starts removing the Iv’s hooked up to Jack. She was curious and checks his chest, where she operated on him and notices the wounds were completely healed over.

“Mr. Bounty, what happened to you.” Lorcan wanted to know why he could feel the presence of the wolf in Mr. Bounty but didn’t feel that Mr. Bounty was a Werewolf like him and his wolves.

“I don’t know what happened. All I do know; I was sent back with a mission to protect people as I have always done.” Jack looks at Lorcan and could feel the wolf inside him.

Jack knew if he wanted to, he could control that wolf and make it do his bidding as his wolves do. Why he was able to do that now, is the million-dollar question. He looks at Angel and could feel she was confused and a little scared of him.

Angel looks at her boss and wonders what has happened to him. She has heard stories of people who had encounter whoever they worshipped and was sent back either with a message or purpose. However, she has never encountered anything like this and she has traveled around Europe for a very long time.

She has spent time with Buddhist monks and such. Sure, they had a lot of stories and legends, but she never believed in them. But now, standing next to her boss and friend. She doesn’t know what to believe anymore.

“I better cancel the transport. I don’t think you’re going to need it now.” Angel pulls her satellite/ cellphone out and calls dispatch to cancel the transport.

Jack looks at Lorcan “we need to talk.”

“I agree with you, Mr. Bounty.” Lorcan felt that teaming up with Mr. Bounty and his organization would benefit the two of them.

Angel steps out of the mansion and looks out into the night. As she was staring out into the darkness, wolves of all shapes and sizes were coming out of the woods towards the house.

“Guys, there a freaking number of wolves out here.” Angel tries to remain calm because she knows animals could smell your fear.

Jack and Lorcan come walking out of the mansion and look at all the wolves walking towards the mansion.

“Jack, is this your doing or Mr. Lorcan here?” Angel looks at both men.

“I do believe this is your boss's doing. I can’t summon natural wolves.” Lorcan could feel the power coming from Jack.

“Well, this is something to get used to.” Jack just looks at all the wolves that came to the mansion. None of them were his wolves.

He walks down towards them and pets them like he would if he has raised them. The wolves surround him as if he was the Alpha among them.
“Whatever happened to my boss, has upped his game.” Angel was in awe at what was going on.

“I have to agree with you.” Lorcan just watches how the wolves respond to Jack.

After ten minutes or so, the wolves head back into the woods. Jack watches as they leave and once, they have left. He walks back to where Lorcan and Angel were standing.

Angel looks at him “well, I figure you don’t need me for anything else. I think I’m going to head back home to my girlfriends.”

“Angel, thanks for everything you did. I might still need your services, so keep your calendar cleared.”

“Will do, boss.” Angel heads down to her Range Rover and gets in.

Lorcan and Jack watch as Angel drives off. Once she was gone “I better call my wife and let her know everything is fine.”

“Why would she be concerned?” Lorcan knew his wolves could feel their mates, through their mate bond.

“When I activated my emergency beacon, it automatically alerted my wife, back on my ranch.”

“That is smart. Yeah, you might want to do that.” Lorcan could see how that would come in handy.

up
173 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh Wow

I have to say that you have excelled in this one. Love your work, Lady Dragon.

Interesting Beginning

BarbieLee's picture

Jack shook hands with the grim reaper? That was an unusual description of "Death" and I like it.
Hugs LadyDragon

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

I had a feeling this would happen

Samantha Heart's picture

If the cat got to meet her goddess, why not the old wolf himself lol. It was BOUND to happen. Now the hunters & hsl should REALLY be on their toes as the wolf & cat aren't old anymore lol. They are bach to their prime.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.