Snow Angel Part 24

Printer-friendly version

Jack walks over to Arnold Bridges and just looks down at him “Do you want to tell me why you did it and who you are working for?”

Arnold looks up at Jack Bounty’s face and could see that this man wasn’t what he said he was. The look that he saw reminded him of the fact that this man could kill him right now, if he wanted too.

“Sorry, but you’ll just have to kill me. I’m not talking.” Arnold knew he only had two choices. Talked and maybe live afterwards or die and never reveal anything to Mr. Bounty.

“Dumb move Mr. Bridges.” Gina had a smile on her face. She knew her father had a new drug he was going to try out on Mr. Bridges.

Arnold looks over towards the girl that just spoke “Why don’t you keep your mouth shut, bitch.”

Arnold didn’t even expect the throwing blade that was sticking out of his shoulder. He looked at the knife and then at the conference table for
who threw it. He saw Hatter with a big ole smile on her face and with another throwing knife in her hand.

“You bitch!” Bridges was angry that a pre-teen girl had thrown a throwing knife at him.

Hatter throws the one in her hand at him, before Elizabeth or Morgana could stop her from throwing it. It hit right next to her first one.

“Urg!” Arnold couldn’t pull the throwing knives out of him. His hands were secured to the chair he was sitting in.

Jack looks over towards Hatter “nice grouping, Hatter.”

“Thank you, sir.” Hatter had a proud look on her face as another throwing knife slides down from her sleeve and into her hand.

Gina tries not to giggle. As she watches her father pull the throwing knives out of Arnold Bridges shoulder. She sits down in a seat near her aunt.

Jack reaches into his inner pocket and pull out a black case. He looks at Mr. Bridges.

“Now, since you don’t want to talk to me and answer my questions. I have a special drug that will make you tell me everything and afterwards you won’t remember a thing of what happened.” Jack opens the black case and put together the needle. He takes a small vial out and fills the needle to 4mL.

Everyone in the room watches as Jack fills the needle up with a clear liquid.

“Jack, what is that you are using on Arnold?” Anika was curious.

“It’s called Devil’s Breath. It basically will make your victim do whatever you want them to. When it wears off, they don’t remember a thing. If I
fill this needle with too much, I’ll end up killing him.” Jack plucks the needle to get the air bubble out of it.

“Does it cause any permanent damage?”

“Nope, just memory loss. Mr. Arnold won’t remember anything after this.” Jack puts the needle into a vein on Mr. Bridges neck and put the whole contents in him.

Jack gives Arnold a few minutes for the drug to take effect on Mr. Bridges. After a few minutes, Jack looks at Mr. Bridges and see the zombie look in his eyes. He was ready to answer everyone’s questions. The next few hours, Mr. Bridges spill his guts. He answers all their questions. He tells them who his contacts are, who supplied him money for the operation, how he got into their systems and what systems Morgana had missed.

They got bank accounts and a list of safe houses and property owed by the group he worked for. They even got where several weapon caches and back-up satellite units were stored. The group finds out that he had several submersibles they had purchased and stolen from the drug Cartels.

Hatter was enjoying that Arnold Bridges was answering their questions. When everyone stops asking Bridges questions.

He tells them the names of Senators and Congressman that were backing him, including the Presidents cabinet advisers that were involved with the scheme. His sources in various countries and how to get in touch with them.

“Pee your pants.” Hatter stood up to see if he would.

Arnold couldn’t resist her request and starts peeing.

She starts giggling when he starts peeing his pants. Gina even smiled when he started peeing his pants.

“Hatter!” Shigeko throws down a bunch of paper towels to absorb the urine.

Jack looks at Hatter “Elizabeth, could you escort Hatter to Doctor Cross office please?"

"Yes sir." Elizabeth wonders how she going to get there.

"Hatter, I’m sending you to Doctor Cross, so she can take a look at your ankle. She is going to give you a full medical exam to make sure you are in good health. Your to do what ever Elizabeth ask of you.”

Hatter looks at Mr. Bounty and wonder if he had something else up his sleeve.

“Hatter Aylin, you can trust my father. He is concern about your health and your ankle.” Gina had noticed that Hatter didn’t want to go.

Hatter glances towards Gina and could tell she meant what she said.

“Elizabeth, when you and Hatter are done. Drop Hatter off at Akin’s place please. She’s going to be living with Akin from now on.” Jack glances towards his sister.

“That’s if you don’t mind.” Jack looks at his little sister

“I don’t mind, big brother.” Anika figures there was a reason her brother was doing this.

“Good.”

Jack waits till Hatter and Elizabeth leaves the conference room. Once they have left. Jack turns towards Shigeko.

“Have the arrangements been made?”

“Yes sir. All the arrangements have been made for Doctor Cross to do a full medical examination to Hatter. She said that the sedative she will be using, should be strong enough to knock Hatter out without any side effects on her.”

“Jack, Hatter is going to be pissed when she comes around.” Anika was worried about Elizabeth.

“Trust me, she won’t remember a thing. The drug Doctor Cross will give her, is a milder version of what I used on Arnold here. She won’t remember a thing.”

Jack turns his attention towards everyone else.

“Terry, how long do you think it will take your brothers to make a decision on moving your custom job business to the building my company owns?”

“I don’t know if they will like it, but it will take at least a month to have it up and running. Because we’ll have to order and install duplicate equipment we have at our current garage there. Plus, I’ll have to hire new personal to work at the garage.”

“Hhhmm, this does put a cramp on thing, but it can’t be helped. Morgana, have you ever heard of a white hat hacker named Le Mouse?”

“Yes sir, she’s a cyber-security specialist that works for MI5/6. She’s extremely good.” Morgana has run into her a few times when she tried to get into MI5/6 computer systems. Sometimes she was successful and other times she wasn’t.

“I know you can’t come with us when we go to England for a job, but I would like to keep you on retainer. While we are there, Le Mouse will be your point of contact.”

Gina knew who Le Mouse was. She was her English cousin that worked for MI5/6 in their cyber division.

“You want me to work with a member of MI5/6 cyber division? How do I know they can be trusted?” Morgana normally didn’t like working with any one she didn’t know very well.

“Because Le Mouse is my cousin, Morgana.” Gina had answered for her father.

“Le Mouse is your cousin?” Morgana was amazed that Le Mouse was connected to a powerful person like Mr. Bounty.

"Yep! She's my cousin. If there is anyone I trust, it's my cousin."

“Mr. Bounty, instead of keeping me on retainer. I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind hiring my company to monitor this company and your other companies for any unusual computer activities.”

Jack looks towards Morgana “what is this going to cost me, besides the computer equipment you originally asked for payment?”

“Just an investment in my company. I would like to upgrade our company systems with a quantum computer system.” Morgana knew it would help with all the work they have coming in.

“How much is the investment?” Jack knew how much the systems were, because he had been thinking about putting one in another company he just bought that did laser research.

“At least two million. I know a company that has one that would be willing to sale to me for two million dollars.”

Jack looks at Morgana for a good long while. “Get with Anika about it. She handles business matters here, but I’ll give the okay for now. I want to inspect the facilities it will be installed at, to see what type of security you have in place.”

“Understandable. Let me contact my partner and arrange a day for you. Also, how long will it be before you go to England?”

“That depends on what everyone’s agenda is. Two weeks is the time frame to start the job. However, Hatter and Dakota are being sent over first, followed by Anika, Bart and the rest of the team.”

“How come me and Hatter are being sent over first without the team as back-up?” Dakota was curious about this mission.

“Hatter has connections in the underworld over in England and she can vouch for you. I want you to use one of your cover identities from your days on the LA police force. I've already had some work done on it for your new look. You’ll need time to establish yourself. The time frame should give you and Hatter enough time to do that. Anika and Bart, you two are being assigned to MI5 to do an internal mole hunt. Terry, I'm afraid you can’t take Wraith with you on this trip, but I do have a car you can use in this assignment. Do you think you can make the same modifications to this car, that you made to Wraith, in a two weeks’ time frame?”

“Depends on the car. Wraith was built from the ground up and it took me several months. That was doing the work myself.” Terry didn’t know if a lot of wraith’s abilities could be installed in another car.

“How about if I gave you a crew to help you? Do you think you could equip a TX5 cab with the same capabilities or close to it like Wraith?”

“If you get me the specs and the car. I might be able to do something like Wraith. Why, do we need something like Wraith?” Terry was curious.

“You’re Hatters and Dakota’s back-up. You’re also Anika and Bart’s as well. Me and several members of MI5 I trust think there’s a link between a London base gang and a mole in MI5. Your jobs are to infiltrate the gang and find out which gang it is. Anika and Bart’s are to find the mole put them out of business. Le Mouse is your information support.”

“Does that mean we’ll be using your house in London?” Anika knew it wasn’t to far from MI 5/6 headquarters.

“Yep, you’ll be using that place for you and Bart. As for Hatter and Dakota, you’ll have to let me know where you are, and I’ll let you know which safe houses I have in that area.” Jack had a few places around England, especially in areas that weren’t friendly to be in.

“Shigeko, you’ll be going with Anika on this mission. You’re going undercover as hers and Bart’s housekeeper.”

“This should be fun. I guess that means I’m working with Terry, then?” Shigeko looks over towards Terry.

“Yes, if you need to go somewhere. You’re to call her.”

"How about Elizabeth? What is her assignment?" Anika looks towards Jack.

"She's going to be over there with her wife, for a fashion show. She can still be able to help you guys out. Selena and Keven, you're working with Morgana with her project."

“Sounds like a plan. So, right now were waiting on to see what Hatter’s condition is with her ankle?” Dakota had guessed that was why she had been sent to the doctor.

“Yes, but that’s not the only reason I sent Hatter to Doctor Cross. I need to know what all those years of electroshock treatments and chemicals being pumped into her have done to her body.” Jack was worried about Hatter.

“What are you going to do with Mr. Bridges, Jack?” Anika looks over towards Jack.

“My first thought is to just put a bullet in between his eyes, but he’ll be transferred to an off the record supermax prison. He’s been classified as a terrorist. So, he gets no trail. He lost all his rights.” Jack doesn’t feel sorry for him at all. A bullet would be a better option.

up
254 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good place for Bridges to

Good place for Bridges to wind up. Maybe he can be placed in Florence, CO "Supermax" Federal Prison. It is built into a mountain, so he can spend his time trying to dig out? Haha.

New hardware! Cool!

WillowD's picture

And I really like the way they are concerned about and taking care of Hatter.

I wonder if Hatter

ca be rendered sane enough to function long term?

TX5 cab......

Someone's been watching Kingsman :-p

(TX5 is a London black cab)

Voluntarily tell

Jamie Lee's picture

Bridges really should have been more polite during the first part of the questioning, then Hatter wouldn't have practiced her grouping with the throwing knives.

But like other arrogant dopes, he told them everything he knew without any trouble, after a bit of super, duper truth serum was administered.

Assignments have been given, the play has been called and when the dust settles some people are going to be very surprised. Maybe if those people are smart they'll become Bridges' room mates.

Others have feelings too.