You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 35

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Four

By SaraUK

 

Part 35

    Danielle and Tina were sat in the kitchen having a drink when they heard the chatter of voices heading towards the kitchen. They hadn’t been back from a busy day of sightseeing with Cathleen and Damon themselves very long. Danielle had asked Holly if Tina could join them for dinner and Holly had said yes right way, which left Damon at a loose end for the rest of the evening. Cathleen had offered to help keep him entertained and they had left to go do something with just the two of them.

    Lianna smiled when she entered the kitchen and saw Danielle sat in there. “Hi Danielle, Tink. Did you have a good day?” She asked as she ran over and gave Danielle a hug before she gave Tina one.

     “Yes it was lots of fun, and I think Cathleen and Damon are in love.” Danielle grinned.

     “Where are they now?” Lianna asked.

     “Tink’s stopping for dinner, so Cathleen offered to help stop Damon from getting bored by going out with him someplace.” Danielle said with a raised eyebrow.

     “Did they get on okay then today?” Lauren asked having heard the other part and smiled.

     “Yes, they were laughing and having fun all day. I’ve never seen Damon smile so much before.” Tina giggled.

     “We need details later, but we better go and get our homework done now, out the way.” Lauren said as she took hold of Lianna’s hand and led her over to give Holly a hug before they went to their rooms.

     “Can Tink and I go and hang out in Lianna’s room while she does her homework Nana Holly?” Danielle asked.

     “Yes, but don’t distract her.” Holly warned.

    Lauren and Lianna left the kitchen with Tina and Danielle following. Tina had never seen either of the girl’s bedrooms before and she was impressed at the size of them.

     “I’ll go get changed and then join you in here to do our homework sis.” Lauren said just before she placed her school bag down next to Lianna’s large desk and then left the room.

     “I’m going to get changed, so make yourself at home and put some music on.” Lianna said as she pointed at the iPod in the docking station next to the bed just before she vanished into her bathroom to have a wash and get changed.

    Danielle and Tina scanned through the tracks until they found one they both liked and then they crashed out on the bed flicking through a couple of magazines. Tina’s jaw dropped open five minutes later when she saw Lianna walk out the bathroom in just her bra and panties.

     “Wow Lianna, you look great.” Tina said as she couldn’t stop herself from looking Lianna up and down.

     “I don’t think so.” Lianna frowned. “I’ve got no curves and these aren’t even mine.” Lianna added as she cupped one of her fake breasts.

     “They’re not real?” Tina asked looking shocked as she got off the bed to get a closer look at them. “They sure look real to me.” She said as she tried to see the edges, but couldn’t.

     “They are good fakes, but they are still fakes.” Lianna pouted. “It will be some time before I have my own, but I have been feeling some itching in that area, so I hope it’s not too much time.” She added with a grin as she stuck her chest out a little more.

     “You still look all girl to me.” Tina said as she noticed that Lianna’s groin looked just like her own did when she was wearing nothing but her bra and panties.

     “My Nana Prue did a little bit of surgery down there to make me look more normal.” Lianna explained when she saw Tina looking.

     “Danielle explained some of it to me, but I think she finds the whole subject a little weird to talk about.” Tina explained as she looked at Danielle.

     “Danielle is still new to the family, but we have a history of it, so I’m not as bothered about it.” Lianna smiled as she stepped over and wrapped her arms around Danielle and then kissed her. “We can’t all be as lucky as Danielle here.” Lianna added just before she kissed her again.

     “I wish more than anything in the world that you were like me, or even better, that you had been born a girl.” Danielle said in a rushed breath after they broke the second kiss.

     “I’ll get there one day and I’ll be as much of a woman as I can.” Lianna smiled like she wasn’t bothered about having to wait a couple more years to have the final surgery that would make her as much of a woman as medical science could.

     “Do you want me to step out for a couple of minutes?” Tina asked as she edged towards the door trying to give them a little privacy.

     “No, it’s fine.” Lianna giggled. “I need to get my homework done before my mother’s get home.” Lianna added as she walked over to her closet door and vanished inside. When she came out a couple of minutes later she was wearing shorts and a vest top.

     “What did you mean when you said your Mother’s? Does that mean you have two of them?” Tina asked with a puzzled look.

     “Yes. Chrissy and Becky are mine and Lauren’s parents.” Lianna said with a grin as she watched the cogs working in Tina’s mind.

     “You mean like adopted parents like Mandy and Carl are to Danielle?” Tina asked.

    Lianna just stood there grinning at Tina in a way that said nope.

     “You mean one of them use to be your father?” Tina asked with disbelief in her voice. “You’re just teasing me now.” Tina added, not believing it. “I believe one of them is your mother, but the other one must be another woman that your mother married after you were born.” Tina said sounding sure of herself.

     “No I’m not teasing you, and yes one of my mothers’s was born male, but was never a father, nor would Lauran and I ever want her to be.” Lianna said with pride.

     “So you’re telling me that either Becky or Chrissy was born a boy?” Tina asked.

     “Yep.” Lianna Grinned.

    Tina looked to be deep in thought as she tried to work out which one it might have been, but both Chrissy and Becky looked to feminine to have ever been anything but female. “I think it must have been Becky then, she acts like the one in charge.”

    Lianna’s grin got bigger and Tina could tell that she’d guessed wrong from that. “You’re not the first to think that Tink.” Lianna giggled.

     “You mean that Chrissy was once your...?” Tina couldn’t find the word to finish the sentence.

     “Yes, but please keep it to yourself.” Lianna said looking worried all of a sudden. “I’m going to get in trouble for talking to you about it, but I thought as you already know so much, and I feel like you’re part of the family...” Lianna trailed off hoping that Tina understood what she was trying to say.

     “You can trust me Lianna.” Tina said as she gave Lianna a hug to thank her for sharing such a big thing with her.

     “Trust her with what?” came a woman’s voice from the doorway.

    Lianna, Danielle and Tina all turned expecting to see Chrissy stood there looking angry with them, but they found it to be Lauren instead. Lauren had been able to mimic their mother’s voice for some time now, and had worried Lianna more than once with it.

     “Sis!” Lianna growled. “Stop doing that.” She added as she stormed over to where Lauren was stood just inside the room doubled over in a fit of giggles, and slapped Lauren on the arm before hugging her as she let out a relieved sigh.

     “I’m sorry, but the look on all your faces.” Lauren giggled some more. “What is this big secret that you told Tink anyway?” Lauren asked.

     “She kind of worked out the secret about our mothers.” Lianna said as she led Lauren back over to where Danielle and Tina were stood.

     “And just how did she mange to work that out?” Lauren asked looking a little angrily at Lianna.

     “I heard Lianna refer to her mothers, as in you had two of them, and I guessed the rest from there just from looking at Lianna’s facial expressions.” Tina explained. “I still find it hard to believe though. Chrissy is just so pretty and girlie.” She added with a weird look on her face that made the other three giggle.

     “Mother would love to hear you say that, but Lianna is right about keeping it a secret.” Lauren warned. “It’s not a big secret, and a lot of people do know about it, but we like to let Mother decide who she tells, not that she’d be bothered about you knowing I don’t think.” Lauren added.

     “I’m just jealous that you have to really pretty and very cool mums, and I don’t have one.” Tina said with a playful pout, but all three girls could see that it did really bother Tina.

    Tina was soon in the middle of a group hug as they all had a little cry along with her, and Tina actually felt much better once they had all stopped and dried their eyes.

     “You okay now Tink?” Lianna asked still sounding worried.

     “Yes thanks, sorry about that, but it just gets to me sometimes.” Tina sighed as she sat on the bed next to Danielle.

     “I know how it feels.” Danielle said as she wrapped an arm around Tina to comfort her. “I use to walk around the city watching all the mums and dads taking their kids places, and I would wish to have just one parent to show me that kind of love, but...” Danielle trailed off with a new set of tears flowing down her cheeks.

     “Looks like your wish overshot the mark then.” Tina giggled trying to lighten the mood again. “You got two parents and a load of brothers and sisters to go with it, not forgetting all the cool aunts and uncles.” Tina added.

     “Maybe I should make a wish for you then as well?” Danielle giggled as she wiped away the tears.

     “I don’t need a wish, not now I’ve got all you as friends.” Tina said with a proud smile. “And Chrissy and the others have already said I can go to them with any problems I might have.” She added with a grin.

    Lianna and Lauren went and made a start on their homework while singing along with the songs Danielle and Tina picked to play, while they lay around on the bed looking at magazines and asking the odd question of Lianna and Lauren.

    They had finished their homework and were dancing around the bedroom when they saw Chrissy stood in the doorway grinning at them. Lianna turned down the music and then ran over to give her mum a hug.

     “Hi mummy!” Lianna said as she threw her arms around Chrissy’s waist and got a hug in return.

     “Hello sweetie. I did knock, but the music was a little loud, so I don’t think you heard me.” Chrissy said.

     “Sorry about that.” Lianna said as she looked up at her mother and smiled.

     “Don’t worry about it; it looked like you were all having fun.” Chrissy giggled.

    Chrissy gave Lauren and Danielle a hug and then looked at Tina who was stood off to one side looking at Chrissy in a weird way.

     “Do you not want a hug then Tink?” Chrissy asked with a pout and a fake look of being hurt as she held her arms open ready to except Tina.

    Tina started grinning as she ran across to where Chrissy was stood and threw her arm around Chrissy’s waist and then let out a loving sigh as she felt Chrissy’s arms embrace her. “Thank you Chrissy, this feels wonderful.” Tina said as she was almost purring like a cat.

     “I’m glad you’re enjoying it Tink, but I want you to call me Aunty Chrissy from now on. You’re family after all.” She added as she looked down at a wide eyed Tina looking up at her.

     “Do you really mean that? That I can call you Aunty?” Tina asked excitedly.

     “I’m not in the habit of telling lies sweetie.” Chrissy grinned down at her.

     “Thank you Aunty Chrissy, you’re amazing, and really pretty.” Tina said as she looked up at Chrissy for a couple more seconds before letting go and stepping back.

     “Not as pretty as you my dear.” Chrissy smiled as she looked at Tina and cupped her cheek with one of her hands. “I’ll let you get back to your dancing now then, I just wanted to make sure your homework was done, and also let you know that dinner will be ready in an hour.” Chrissy added before she turned and left the room, closing the door behind her.

     “Just when I didn’t think you mother could be any more amazing, she is.” Tina grinned.

     “Yes, our Aunty Chrissy is really quite amazing isn’t she?” Danielle asked with a grin.

     “Yes, our Aunty Chrissy is, isn’t she?” Tina giggled.

    Lianna and Lauren just looked at each other and then rolled their eyes before Lianna turned the music back up and they started to dance around the room again. They finally stopped when Lianna’ Lauren and Danielle all got texts telling them that Dinner was going to be ready in fifteen minutes.

     “We better go down and get the table set for dinner.” Lauren said after placing her cell phone back in her pocket.

    Tina followed the others down to the dining room and got stuck in helping them. They were joined by the others and they soon had the table set and then they helped to bring out the dishes of food.

    Tina grinned as she sat at the table next to Nicole, and they started chatting about things they had in common. Danielle was glad that Nicole and Tina were hitting it off, but she liked the idea of having Tina as a form of baby sister.

     “I hear you had a good time today you two.” Carl said as he looked first at Danielle and then Tina.

     “Yes, it was nice getting to see some of the sights with Danielle, Sir.” Tina said trying to sound all prim and proper.

     “I’m glad to hear the two of you are getting on so well, and please call me Uncle Carl. I hear you’ve been ordered to call Chrissy your Aunty.” Carl grinned as he looked at Chrissy, who promptly stuck her tongue out at him, which set everyone off laughing.

    Tina smiled as everyone started telling her to call them aunts and uncles. “Thank you for making me feel so welcome, and this meal is really good.” Tina blushed.

     “I hear that you’re going out again tomorrow, so I was wondering if you wanted to stop the night?” Carl asked.

     “I’d love to, but I’m not sure my father would let me.” Tina said looking worried.

     “I’ll call him after dinner and find out.” Carl said like it wouldn’t be a problem. “I spoke to him earlier today, and he seemed happy to see you getting out and spending time with people your own age.” Carl added.

     “I’m surprised he even noticed.” Tina said sounding a little angry with the lack of interest her father was showing in her.

    Carl could see that the subject of Tina’s father was a touchy one, so he let the matter drop until he could talk with him later and try to find out what the problem was.

    They finished the meal and Tina was happy to help out the other kids and get the table cleared and then wash and dry the dishes before she wandered off with Nicole as they talked about some boy band they both liked, and who their favourite member was.

    Lianna, Lauren and Danielle all went back up to Lianna’s room to talk about Charlie. Lianna had been a little distracted all through dinner as she tried to work out some sort of a plan to help him, but she was drawing a blank due to not knowing that much about him, or his background.

     “Did you manage to get anywhere with this Charlie today?” Danielle asked when they got to Lianna’s room, and sensing that this was the thing bothering her.

     “No we didn’t, and to make matters worse, we think that Jennifer is falling for him now, and he seems interested in her, so we’re not sure what to do about it now.” Lianna said with a sigh as she fell on the bed.

     “I know you want to help him Lianna, but sometimes people just have to learn from their own mistakes.” Danielle tried to explain. “I’m sure he’ll work out whom or what he is one day, but jumping in and confusing him at this stage could be a bad thing.” She added as she lay on the bed next to her while Lauren sat on the computer chair.

     “Danielle has a point sis.” Lauren agreed. “We could make things worse for Charlie if we corner him with questions about Clare.”

     “I’m just worried that something like what happened to you could be happening to someone else.” Lianna whined as she looked at Danielle.

     “If you’d been a girl at my old school, and you suddenly started acting like my friend, and then brought up the fact you thought I was a girl, I’d have run away scared.” Danielle warned. “You have to let him come to you and want to tell you his worries.” Danielle added as she cuddled up to a thoughtful looking Lianna.

     “You do have a point.” Lianna sighed. “I know I’d have freaked if someone had come up to me at school while I was still dressing as Andrew and started asking me questions about being a girl.”

     “All we can do is keep showing him he can trust us, and hope he feels like telling us when he’s ready.” Lauren agreed.

    They were soon sat on Lianna’s bed watching a movie on the large flat screen TV that came up out the bottom of the bed when Lianna pressed a button on a remote.

    Lianna had to pause the movie when Chrissy knocked on the door before entering the room to have a word with them all about something.

     “I’m sorry to bother you all, but I just wanted to let you know that Tink will be stopping the night and sleeping in Nicole’s bed with her, so we’re about to make some drinking chocolate and I wondered if you all wanted some?” Chrissy asked with a smile as she already knew they would.

     “Yes please!” All three of them said at the same time as they slid off the bed and waited for Chrissy to lead the way back down stairs.

     “Why don’t you two run off ahead, I need to have a quick word with Lianna before we follow you.” Chrissy let Danielle and Lauren leave the room before she closed the door and led Lianna back over to the bed and sat her down before she sat down next to her.

     “Have I done something wrong mummy?” Lianna asked looking worried.

     “No sweetie, but I am worried about you.” Chrissy said as she pulled Lianna into a hug. “I’ve noticed you’ve had something on your mind for a couple of days now.” Chrissy added as she looked Lianna in the eyed to gauge her reaction.

     “I’m fine mum, just the hormones I guess.” Lianna said with her best smile.

     “Does that normally work on people? Because I’m not buying it sweetie.” Chrissy frowned. “Now stop lying to me and tell me what’s got you looking so worried, are you still having trouble at school, is someone picking on you?” Chrissy asked with a little anger in her voice.

     “No mum, nothing like that.” Lianna said looking nervous now as she tried to think of some way to stop her mother pushing for more information on the matter, but she could tell by the way Chrissy was sat looking at her, that she wasn’t going to get away without explaining everything.

     “Well, what is it like then?” Chrissy asked as she folded her arms across her chest as she waited for Lianna to explain.

    Lianna looked up into her mother’s eyes and could see that they were sitting here until she explained. Lianna let out a sigh and then explained to Chrissy about the texts she got in the library at school last week from a girl calling herself Clare, and how she thought she was just like her, and then how she thought it might have been a prank, but later found out it was a boy called Charlie.

     “And how can you be sure that this Charlie isn’t playing a prank on you?” Chrissy asked.

     “Trust me mummy, you’d know if you saw him.” Lianna giggled. “He reminds me of what I use to think you were like at school. He keeps to himself, scared of his own shadow and was always getting picked on.” Lianna explained.

     “Was?” Chrissy asked with pain in her eyes. “Do you mean he...?” Chrissy couldn’t finish the sentence.

     “No, he’s still very much alive, and part of our little group of friends at school.” Lianna smiled to reassure her mother. “I think Jennifer kind of likes him.” She added with a grin.

     “That’s good to hear.” Chrissy smiled. “Well the being alive part, not sure how your Uncle Brad will feel about Jennifer having a boyfriend.” She added with a frown.

     “He’s already given Charlie the stare when he dropped us off at school this morning.”

     “So if you believe that this Charlie is like you, and you know he’s not playing some sort of a prank, then what do you plan to do about it?” Chrissy asked.

     “I was thinking of talking to you, and finding out what you thought would be the best way to handle it.” Lianna smiled at her mother, hoping to play on Chrissy’s ego.

     “Nice try, but if I hadn’t cornered you in your bedroom, you had no plans to tell me or your other mother anything did you?” Chrissy asked with a smirk.

     “I did think about it, but we decided that you might decide it was a new mission for you to help someone.” Lianna mumbled.

     “We? So your sister’s in on it, as I guess Danielle is as well? The three of you have become as thick as thieves lately.” Chrissy frowned.

     “Yes they knew, but I was the one that decided to keep it from you and the others, so please just punish me for it.” Lianna pleaded.

     “Calm down sweetie. There’s no need to go throwing yourself on your sword over it.” Chrissy giggled as she pulled Lianna into another hug. “I think you should just be this Charlie’s friend for the time being, but keep an eye on him for any signs of depression.”

     “Do you think he might try to hurt himself?” Lianna asked looking worried again.

     “If he was anything like me when I was at school, then he’s got a lot on his mind, and that can weigh heavy on a young person, but having a good group of friends should help him deal with it better.” Chrissy smiled down at Lianna. “I never had anyone I could talk to at his age about the way I felt, but seeing you go from being Andrew to this beautiful little creature, might help Charlie more than anything.” Chrissy added as she kissed a blushing Lianna on the forehead.

     “We’re all doing all we can to make him realise he has a group of good friends, and Simon has warned anyone that touches him from now on will have him to deal with, as well as Ian.” Lianna grinned.

     “Your friend Simon and Ian have really stepped up to the mark, haven’t they?” Chrissy said with a proud smile.

     “I hope you remember that on Sunday when you see him at the party with Lauren.” Lianna said with a nervous smile. “He’s scared about how you and mum are going to react to him being Lauren’s boyfriend.”

     “You’re mom and I think Lauren’s smart enough to make up her own mind about who she wants to date, and if we have any trouble, we’ll just set Uncle Brad on him.” Chrissy giggled when she saw the worried look Lianna gave her.

     “I might have already scared him with that one.” Lianna said with a nervous giggle.

     “Oh dear, the poor thing.” Chrissy giggled. “That’s enough to scare anyone off. Will this Charlie be at the party on Sunday?”

     “Yes, we invited him yesterday. He had to ask me if we’d made a mistake when he got the text message, I don’t think he’s ever been invited to a party before.” Lianna said with a puzzled look.

     “I never went to any party’s while I was at school.” Chrissy said with a thoughtful look on her face. “I did get invited to a couple, but I was to untrusting by that point to risk going.” She added as she thought about Debbie inviting Chris to a couple of her birthday parties, but Chris just thought Debbie was like all the other kids, and it was just a trick to get him beaten up. It was only when Chrissy first returned home after becoming a woman that she found out Debbie had always wanted to be Chris’s friend, and had teamed up with some other kids in school to stop anyone picking on Chris, but he had already withdrawn from trusting anyone.

     “That’s a shame because you sure know how to plan them.” Lianna grinned as she thought about all the fun times her and her family had had at parties planned by her mother.

     “Thank you sweetie.” Chrissy smiled as she kissed Lianna on the forehead again. “We better see about getting down stairs before there’s no hot chocolate left.” Chrissy added as she got up off the bed and then helped Lianna to stand.

     “So you think I’m doing the right thing then? Just showing Charlie that he has friends now?” Lianna asked as they left her bedroom.

     “Yes, and I think it best if we keep it between us for the time being, just like you planned.” Chrissy whispered.

     “I love you mummy.” Lianna said as she threw her arms around Chrissy’s waist.

     “Not half as much as I love you my sweet child.” Chrissy said as she wrapped her arms around Lianna and hugged her back. “Now we better get a move on before your sister eats all the marshmallows.” Chrissy added with a giggle.

    Lianna let out a gasp and was soon breaking the hug and making a run for the kitchen. She didn’t really need to worry, as there were a couple of bags of them being passed around the kitchen table when she got there, and Danielle and Lauren had kept a seat empty between them for her. She took the seat and then thanked her Aunty Amy for the steaming hot mug of hot chocolate she placed in front of her.

     “Is everything alright sis?” Lauren asked as she gave Lianna a look that asked more than just that.

     “Fine, we’ll talk about it later.” Lianna said in a matter of fact way but her look said she wasn’t going to say anything while in the kitchen where others could hear.

    Lauren understood and let the matter drop as she handed Lianna a bag of marshmallows to take a hand full and drop them in her mug of drinking chocolate. Lianna smiled when she saw Tina sat on the other side of the table in a pair of PJ’s and a dressing gown grinning from ear to ear as she hugged a mug between her hands and listening to Nicole telling her some story from one of the many shopping adventures they had been on.

     “Can I have some more of them please?” Danielle asked, breaking Lianna out of her thoughts.

     “Here you go.” Lianna smiled as she passed Danielle the bag and then watched as she popped a couple into her mouth and then looked at Lianna with a cheeky grin on her face. “I just love these things so much.” She added as she popped in a couple more making her mouth budge out like a squirrel.

     “You could have fooled me; I thought you hated them just like you hate hot chocolate.” Lianna grinned as she tried to take Danielle’s mug away, just to have her hug it close to her chest in a very protective way.

     “I love hot chocolate.” Danielle pouted as she playfully slapped Lianna’s hand away. This soon had the others all laughing at them.

    They all finished their drinks and then made their way back up stairs where Tina got hugs from them all and wished a good night before she skipped off down the hallway with Nicole holding her hand.

     “What did mum want to speak to you about?” Lauren asked as soon as she, Danielle and Lianna got back to Lianna’s bedroom to finish watching the movie that was still paused.

     “She wanted to know what was bothering me. She thought I was still having trouble at school, so I had to tell her about Charlie and the texts I got from a girl called Clare.” Lianna explained.

     “What’s she going to do?” Lauren asked looking worried for Charlie.

     “She’s leaving it up to us to decide, but she agreed that just letting him know he has friends, and watch out for any signs of him being depressed, but mum thinks that having me in school may give him someone to come to when he feels that bad.”

     “Does mother know about Danielle and I being in on this secret?” Lauren asked still looking worried.

     “Yes, but she’s not going to punish any of us for it, she said we were doing the right thing. I told her that Charlie reminded us of how she might have been while at school, and she seemed to understand my worries a little better.”

    Lauren was just about to speak when there was a knock at the door just before Mandy and Carl stepped into the room.

     “Hi Mummy, Daddy.” Danielle grinned as she skipped over to give them both a hug.

     “Hello Princess.” Carl said as he hugged Danielle back. “Your mother and I just wanted to have a quick word about tomorrow evening.” Carl added as he led Danielle over to the bed and sat her down next to Lianna and Lauren.

     “What’s happening tomorrow evening?” Danielle asked looking nervous now.

     “There will be a couple of people coming to see you.” Carl started to say.

     “Is it the police coming to talk to me about that nasty social worker?” Danielle asked before Carl cold say anymore.

     “No princess, these people are coming to talk to you, to get some idea of how you want your bedroom to look.” Carl smiled as he took hold of Danielle’s shaking hand in his. “The police are hoping to build a case against that nasty little man that will mean you not needing to be involved with it that much, but they may still want to speak with you about it, but your mother and I would be there if they did.” Carl explained what little he knew of the case being built against Ken Douglas.

     “You’re going to let me design my own bedroom?” Danielle asked, focusing on the good news instead of thinking about the pervert that tried to steal her away from her new home, just to be stopped by Brad. Danielle did smile every time she thought of the nasty little man’s head being slammed into the car window before Brad then threw him back across the gravel driveway into some rose bushes.

     “Yes, but I’m sure that Lianna and Lauren would help you if you needed it.” Mandy said as she looked at the two of them.

     “We’d love to give you some ideas sis.” Lauren grinned.

     “I’d like that; I’ve never been able to design my very own room. I was never in one place long enough to even say I had a room.” Danielle giggled, but they could all hear a bitter sound to it.

     “We’ll help you design the best girl’s room ever.” Lianna said with promise in her voice as she threw her arms around Danielle and hugged her.

     “Lianna, Lauren, you better see about getting ready for bed while I go with Danielle, so she can take care of her daily business down in her room.” Mandy said as she helped Danielle get to her feet.

     “Do I have to mummy?” Danielle whined. She’d had to use a stent every day since she came home from the hospital, and she hated it, but it wasn’t as sore as it was when they first had her doing it in the hospital, now it just felt weird to her, but right at the same time.

     “Yes you have to, so come along. The sooner you get it done, the sooner you’ll be back here cuddled up in bed with these to trouble makers.” Mandy smiled as she led Danielle from Lianna’s bedroom and down the hall to her own bedroom.


*****

    Lianna and Lauren were already in bed with Chrissy and Becky sat on it talking to them when Danielle entered the room with Mandy following.

     “You okay Danielle?” Lianna asked when she saw the strained look on Danielle’s face as she climbed into bed between the two of them.

     “I will be in a couple of minutes.” Danielle mumbled.

     “It won’t be for much longer sweetie.” Chrissy said as she pulled the covers up after all three girls settled down for the night and had been kissed and hugged by all three women.

    Danielle felt better the minute Lauren and Lianna cuddled up to her, making Danielle the filling in a Lianna, Lauren sandwich.


*****

    Chrissy, Becky and Mandy all went down to the living room to sort out more details about the party on Sunday, and what gifts they could get Danielle to make it feel just that little bit special for her. The kids had already given their parents lists of things they wanted to get Danielle, and all the parent’s were impressed with their ideas.

    Amy, Amber and Jayden all had their laptops fired up on their knees when they got down there, they were already ordering and buying items from eBay and other shops that had online stores.

     “How are we doing?” Chrissy asked as she sat on the other side of Amy to what Amber was sat.

     “I’ve just got a couple more items to track down, but they have most of what we want for her.” Amy said with a grin as she happily hit the payment button on another item.

     “I’d still like to get out and have a look in a couple of shops as well.” Chrissy said. “I saw some leggings that I thought would look really cute on her, and now she’s got nothing to try and hide, she can get away with wearing them.” Chrissy added with a grin.

     “Well it is Wednesday tomorrow, so we could leave the shop shut for once and all head into the city on a scouting mission.” Mandy suggested.

     “That sounds like fun and no kids under foot to distract us.” Amy grinned. It was rare for Amy, Chrissy and the other adults to get a trip into the city without at least a couple of kids in tow, so they were all looking forward to a trip with just grownups.

     “Do you want to join us baby?” Mandy asked Carl who looked to be deep in thought.

     “I’d love to princess, but I’m going to be meeting up with Richard, Tina’s father to try and find out why he’s spending so much time working and not enough with his daughter.” Carl said not looking very happy with his old college friend.

     “Go easy on him Carl; he did lose his wife not that long ago.” Mandy reminded him.

     “I know that, but Tink lost her mother, and her father looking at it. He can’t expect Damon to do his job for him.” Carl grumbled.

     “Cathleen says that Damon is wonderful with Tink though.” Mandy pointed out.

     “I trust he is, but I still think I need to make sure Richard finds some time to spend with his daughter each day to let her know she still has one parent she can rely on.” Carl said in a business like tone.

     “I trust you’re right baby, but please show a little tact when speaking to him.” Mandy asked.

     “I will, but he also needs to know that there is more to life than work and making money.” Carl smiled just before he leaned over and kissed Mandy.

     “Yes, you can watch me spend it.” Mandy giggled.

     “I’d love to, but I really think this is important, and can’t wait any longer.” Carl said with a sigh. “But I trust you not to spend all my money.” Carl added looking worried just before he started grinning.

     “I have my own money to spend remember.” Mandy said as she stuck her nose in the air trying to look posh.

     “I know, but I want to play some part in spoiling our daughter, so please spend as much of my money on her as you want.” Carl told her.

     “I was planning to anyway.” Mandy said in a matter of fact way, but was soon giggling as Carl started to tickle her for her cheek.

    With all the plans set out for the next day, they all relaxed and watched some comedy on the TV until they all got tired and went to bed. They checked in on all the kids and found them to be fast asleep. Danielle looked to be sleeping peacefully with Lianna and Lauren cuddled up to her. Tina was curled up next to Nicole and looked like she was smiling in her sleep.

 

To Be Continued Next friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Child and Parent guide:



Parents Children
Chrissy & Becky Andrew/Lianna, Lauren (Twins)
Amy & Amber Jessica
Ann & brad Jennifer
Sara & Cathy Peter
Mandy & Carl/Carla Craig, Danielle (Adopted)
Jayden & Callum Richard, Nicola (Twins)
Dan & Faith Penny, Christopher

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
184 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I feel for Tina as she is so lonely

I agree with Lianna. I don't mind per se that people know about me but I feel I am entitled to be the one who decides who I out myself to.

Kim