You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 24

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Four

By SaraUK

 

Part 24

    Lianna wasn’t sure what sort of a night Danielle had had sleep wise, but she’d not got much sleep at all due to the thought of Danielle going under the knife as Lianna had heard the grownups call, going in for surgery. Lianna thought Danielle looked so beautiful when she was asleep, not that she wasn’t beautiful the rest of the time, but all the worry and other things that mask people’s faces when they are awake are missing in sleep. Lianna reached over and got her cell phone off the bedside table and snapped a couple of pictures so she had something to remember this moment by.

    Danielle opened her eyes and smiled as she found herself looking at Lianna’s smiling face. “Morning.” Danielle said in a sleepy voice as she leaned over and kissed her on the lips.

    Lianna wrapped her arms around Danielle and kissed her back. “Are you coming down for some breakfast?” Lianna asked when they stopped kissing.

     “I can’t have anything to eat remember.” Danielle pouted as she reminded Lianna about her going in to have an operation done, so she wasn’t allowed anything except water before it.

     “I’m sorry, I wasn’t thinking.” Lianna said just before she hugged Danielle a little tighter. “You could still come down and keep us company while we eat ours.” Lianna added as she tried to think of a way to spend as much time as she could with Danielle before they all left for school.

     “That’s just mean sis.” Lauren said as she poked her head over Danielle’s shoulder from the other side of the bed. “You can’t expect Danielle to sit in a room full of people eating, while she can’t have anything.” She added.

     “I’ll skip breakfast then, and keep you company up here.” Lianna smiled like it was a much better idea.

     “Good luck with that one.” Lauren giggled as she slid out of bed and slipped her feet into her slippers just before she put on her dressing gown. “No way will mother let you get away with going to school without breakfast.” Lauran added.

    Lianna went to argue with Lauren, but stopped when she realised Lauren was right, Mother would never let her get away with not having breakfast.

     “You go and have some breakfast and get ready for school. I’m going to take a long soak in a bubble bath, and think about all the relaxing I’ll be doing while you slave away at school.” Danielle teased.

     “Well I’ll go down and have a lovely big breakfast of bacon, sausage, and scrambled eggs.” Lianna teased back in return. She was soon diving out of bed with Danielle chasing after her swinging a pillow around. Lianna ran out the bedroom into the hallway before she remembered that Danielle was in her room and she had to go back in. Danielle must have realised this, as she was ready with the pillow the minute Lianna entered the room.

     “Eat pillow you monster!” Danielle giggled as she slapped Lianna across the side of her head. Danielle soon dropped the pillow and threw her arms around Lianna just before she started kissing her. “Don’t worry about me Lianna I’ll be alright.” Danielle added when they stopped kissing.

     “I know you’ll be alright, but please don’t ever ask me not to worry about you.” Lianna said with a sigh as she pulled Danielle a little closer as she rested her head on Danielle’s shoulder, just like she was doing with Lianna.

    The two of them finally stopped hugging and then Danielle left to make her way back to her own room and start running a bubble bath, while Lianna went to take a shower and get ready for school.


*****

    Danielle was up to her neck in bubbles when there was a knock on her bedroom door and she saw her mother poke her head around it and smile at her.

     “Morning sweetie, how did you sleep last night?” Mandy asked as she stepped into the room and sat on the small stool at the side of the bathtub.

     “I slept better than I thought, but a busy day of shopping helped, I think.” Danielle grinned as she thought about all the fun she’d had shopping for clothes and CD’s on the Sunday. “How did you sleep?” Danielle asked, but already had a pretty good idea, judging by the bags under her mother’s eyes.

     “I’ve had better night’s sleep, but my baby is going in for an operation today, so I’m bound to be worried.” Mandy said as she moved some stray hairs out of Danielle’s face.

    Danielle couldn’t help feeling a warm glow in her chest as she thought that this woman and her whole family had come to think of her as part if to the point of losing sleep, after just a week. “I am scared mummy, but at the same time I feel that I’m finally going to feel like I fit the body as well.”

     “It’s a shame this wasn’t sorted out years ago, but once it is, we will then have to make up for all the girlie things you’ve missed out on.” Mandy grinned.

     “Yesterday was a good start, and I already feel like the most loved child on the planet.” Danielle grinned back.

     “Well get use to that feeling, because it’s only going to get worse, or better, depending on how you look at it.” Mandy giggled. “Lianna and the others will be leaving for school soon, and I think they all want to wish you luck today, not to mention you need to get ready so your father and I can get you to the hospital.” Mandy added as she stood up and then grabbed a towel for Danielle to wrap around herself as she stepped out the bathtub.

     “I didn’t think I had to be there until this afternoon?” Danielle asked looking puzzled as she wrapped the towel around her chest.

     “No the surgery is this afternoon, but the doctors still need to run some test on you and see what they will be working with.” Mandy explained.

    Danielle’s thought of reading a book to kill the time vanished, to be replaced with the image of doctors and nurses prodding and poking her for a couple of hours.

    Once she was dressed, Mandy led Danielle from her bedroom and down stairs to stand with her as the other kids all gave Danielle a hug and wished her well.

    Richard was the first to get it out the way. “Good luck sis and I hope to see you later.”

     “Thanks Rich, I think.” Danielle said with a nervous giggle.

     “Great speech bro.” Nicole said as she slapped Richard across the back of his head. “Just think about what this will mean to you once you’ve healed.” Nicole added as she threw her arms around Danielle and hugged her.

     “Thanks Nicole.” Danielle giggled as she hugged Nicole back while looking at Richard rubbing the back of his head as he looked at his mum and dad for some support, but just got a frown from both Jaden and Callum.

    Craig jumped in next and gave his new sister a hug. “That’s from me and Diamond.” Craig grinned. “Good luck with the surgery sis, and I’ll see you later with some grapes.” Craig added with a chuckle.

     “Thanks bro, I love grapes, not that I get to have them very often.” Danielle grinned back.

     “I’ll make sure it’s an extra large bunch then.” Craig promised just before he broke the hug.

    Jennifer was the next one to wish her luck. “Just think of how cute you will look in one of the new swimsuits you have, once today is over.”

     “I think it will be a couple of weeks before I feel like going swimming again, unless I get pushed in again.” Danielle giggled as she got a hug from Jennifer.

     “I never pushed you!” Jennifer replied looking shocked as she playfully slapped Danielle on the arm.

    Jennifer stepped aside to let Jessica say a few words and give Danielle a hug. “I really hope it all goes well sis, and I’ll come and see you later with the others.” Jessica smiled as she wrapped her arms around Danielle.

     “Thanks Jessica.” Danielle sighed as she hugged Jessica back.

    Lauren jumped in next, so Lianna got to go last, as she thought Lianna would be the toughest one to get out the house and in the minibus. “We’ll be thinking about you sis, so just lay back and trust in the doctors. Nana Prue wouldn’t be letting them near you if they weren’t the best.” Lauren said looking serious. “And don’t worry about Lianna; I’ll keep an eye on her for you.” Lauren added as she gave Danielle a hug.

     “She does need a lot of looking after doesn’t she?” Danielle giggled as she saw the scowl Lianna was giving Lauren.

     “I am stood here you know.” Lianna whined as she looked at Danielle and Lauren hugging each other.

     “Speaking of which, I better let the two of you say your goodbyes, or we’ll be late for school.” Lauren said when she saw Uncle Brad looking at his watch.

     “Thank you Lauren, thank you for everything.” Danielle smiled.

     “That’s what sisters are for.” Lauren grinned as she waved off Danielle’s thanks as being nothing special.

    Danielle’s smile got even bigger as she saw Lianna step up to her and just start hugging her, then Lianna lifted her head back and started kissing Danielle without saying a word. “I think the others covered all the basics. So I just wanted to let you know that you’re still my girl.” Lianna purred in Danielle’s ear when they finally stopped kissing.

     “Just as you are mine, Lianna.” Danielle purred right back in Lianna’s ear.

     “I’ll have my phone on silent while at school, but text me if you need to talk and I’ll call you back as soon as I can.” Lianna said.

     “Please don’t go getting in trouble because of me.” Danielle said looking worried.

     “I’d be happy to get in trouble for you.” Lianna grinned.

    Lianna found herself being pulled away from Danielle, and their hands stretched out before they finally broke apart and Danielle watched as Lauren and Chrissy dragged Lianna out to the minibus where Brad then lifted her onto the minibus. Lianna soon found a seat looking so she was able to look at Danielle as she stood on the doorstep waving.

     “Please try and keep your sister out of trouble.” Chrissy said to Lauren as she frowned at Lianna taking her seat in the minibus.

    Danielle let out a happy contented sigh as she saw the minibus drive away with all her brothers and sisters onboard, something she never thought she’d be able to say.

     “Come on, we better go and finish getting ready.” Mandy said as she led Danielle back into the house.

    Becky was going to be helping out at the shop today, so Mandy could go with Carl and keep an eye on Danielle. Mandy knew she wouldn’t be able to do anything at the shop while Danielle was at the hospital. Mandy wasn’t sure Chrissy and Amy would get much done, but someone needed to be at the shop, and get the orders sorted out.


*****

    Lianna was already sending Danielle a text message to let her know that she was thinking about her, even though they had just left each other.

     “Our mother’s won’t be happy if you get in trouble for using your phone while in class’s sis.” Lauren warned.

     “I’ll just have to make sure I don’t get caught them won’t I?” Lianna said as she carried on punching keys as she sent Danielle a message to let her know just how much she loved her.

    They were soon at school and Lianna smiled when she got a message back saying that she loved her too. Due to Danielle being at school for a couple of days and then Lianna being in a foul mood over Danielle keeping a secret, Lianna had not been taking much notice of the students as they went from class to class, but now Lianna could see that not all the students were happy to be near her.

     “Have I suddenly grown a second head sis?” Lianna asked as they sat at their seats in homeroom.

     “No, but you are noticing the small group of students not happy about you being at the school.” Lauren pointed out as she starred down a boy called Nigel Lint on the other side of the room who seemed to be frowning at Lianna angrily.

     “Well we did know that not everyone would be happy to see a pretty new girl at school.” Lianna giggled as she fluffed up her hair and smiled at Nigel teasingly which made most the class start laughing at him.

     “Lianna.” Lauren growled under her breath. “That’s not going to help matters.” She warned.

     “Please, I could kick Nigel’s ass as a boy, and nothing’s changed, so I’ll kick it as a girl as well.” Lianna said as she waved off Lauren’s worries.

     “You may think differently if you get in trouble for fighting. Mother won’t be happy with you.” Lauren warned as she looked worried about her sister’s mood today. “Are you feeling alright sis?” Lauren asked.

     “I’m fine, well maybe I do feel a little restless now I think about it.” Lianna frowned.

     “Sounds like me at that time of the month.” Lauren whispered. “Do you think it might be the injections starting to work?” Lauren asked.

     “I hope so.” Lianna grinned. “That means that they are working.” Lianna explained when she saw the puzzled look her sister was giving her.

     “You better start to really focus on things and not get in trouble then sis, or you may find yourself back as Andrew again.” Lauren pointed out.

     “Our parents would never do that to me, not now.” Lianna said, but even she wasn’t sure her parents wouldn’t make her become Andrew again if she started getting in trouble now she was a girl.

     “Don’t think our parents will cut you any slack now you’re coming to school as a girl, they may have let you get away with stuff as Andrew, because you were struggling to fit in, but now they will both be very angry with you.” Lauren pleaded for Lianna to listen.

    Lianna sat and gave this some thought while the teacher took attendance and the more she thought about it, the more she realised that Lauren was right. Their mother’s would hand out a harsh punishment if she started fighting and getting in trouble. Lianna calmed herself by looking at the various pictures of Danielle she had on her phone under her desk while the teacher prattled on about different school events.

     “Sorry about my mood back there sis.” Lianna said as they made their way to their first class of the day.

     “I know you’re worried about Daniele, and upset with our mother’s for making you come to school sis, as well as being filled to bursting point with wonderful female hormones, but that still doesn’t mean you can get all moody with the other boys and girls.” Lauren pouted for a second before she started grinning at her sister as she wrapped an arm around her and then started to giggle.

     “Right on all counts sis, but I’m not going to just stand around and let people look at me like I’m something they stepped in.” Lianna warned.

     “The best way to get back at people like that is to just take no notice of them.” Lauran smiled. “When they see that it’s not bothering you, they will soon get bored and move on to annoying someone else.” Lauren shrugged.

    Lianna hated it when Lauren became all wise, but she did see her sister’s point and Lauren was right, they would soon get bored and give up making fun and starring once they saw it wasn’t going to bother her, and Lianna already knew that most the other students were fine with her being in school, so she wasn’t going to let a small group of people spoil the rest of her time at school.

     “You’re right sis.” Lianna sighed.

     “I’m what?” Lauren grinned as she cupped a hand behind her ear like she was having trouble hearing what her sister just said.

     “I said you’re right.” Lianna giggled. “Make the most of it, because you won’t hear me say that very often.” Lianna added as she playfully shoved her sister.

     “You make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside sister dear.” Lauren giggled as she wrapped an arm around Lianna as she rested her head on Lianna’s shoulder.

    They were soon at their first class and Lianna focused on what the teacher had to teach them, and it helped to keep her mind off worrying about Danielle.


*****

    Mandy had helped Danielle get dressed and then helped her pack a bag with some clothes and other bits to take with her to the hospital. Danielle hadn’t realised that she’d be stopping in hospital for a couple of days after the surgery. She’d thought it would be an in and out thing like going to the dentist.

     “Do I have to stop in the hospital mummy? Can’t I come home and be looked after here?” Danielle asked as she packed a couple of books and her iPod and tablet. Carl had told her to take some different items to help her pass the time between visits from them and the doctors.

     “I wish we could sweetie, but they will need to make sure there’s no infection, and everything is working right down there before they let you come home.” Mandy said with pain in her voice as she pulled a worried looking Danielle into her protective arms.

    Danielle was shaking with fear now everything was sinking in, but she did feel better with Mandy’s arms wrapped around her. Danielle felt safe and protected, even if she was about to have some major surgery done to fix a mistake that had left her labelled a boy for the past fifteen years.

     “You ready to go?” Carl asked from the doorway to Danielle’s room as he saw Mandy and Danielle hugging each other.

     “No!” Danielle pouted as she burst into tears. Danielle was soon in the middle of a three way hug. “You won’t leave me there and forget about me will you?” Danielle asked as she hugged her mother even tighter.

     “We would never do anything like that sweetie.” Mandy said with a tear in her eye as she hugged Danielle tighter to her while Carl hugged the two of them closer to him.

    Mandy and Carl had to wonder what sort of tricks the social care people had used in the past to get Danielle to quietly go with them to a new foster home, for Danielle to think such a thing now.

     “Danielle my sweet sweet daughter, you are now part of this family for better or worse.” Carl smiled at her as he knelt down on one knee to look Danielle in the eyes as she clung onto Mandy. “And do you really think Lianna would let us get rid of you now?” Carl asked with a goofy look on his face which had Danielle giggling as she thought about Lianna throwing a fit if she didn’t return from the hospital.

    Danielle was soon heading down to the car with Mandy holding her hand, while Carl followed behind with Danielle’s bag.

    Holly was stood at the bottom of the stairs smiling at Danielle. “You be brave my little one, and they will soon have you all fixed and feeling like the beautiful young woman that you are.” Holly said as she bent over to give Danielle a hug.

     “Thank you Nana Holly.” Danielle said as she let her nana hug her. “I love you Nana.” Danielle added as she hugged her a little tighter.

     “I’ll send you some homemade cookies this evening, just in case the hospital food isn’t very good.” Holly said the last bit with a grim look.

     “Please don’t talk about food Nana!” Danielle whined as she placed her hands on her empty belly.

     “I’m sorry sweetie.” Holly pouted as she pulled Danielle into another hug.

    Danielle was soon sat in the back of her father’s car with her mother at her side as she waved to her nana, whom was stood at the front door waving at them as they drove out the drive. Danielle sat back in her seat properly as she looked out the window at all the people going about their business like they would every other day. Danielle knew this was a life changing day for her, and she wondered how many other people were on their way to a life changing event.

    Mandy kept looking at Danielle and she could see the child was deep in thought, and not having anything wise to say to her daughter, Mandy thought it best to just let her think.

    They were soon pulling into the grounds of a private hospital and parking the car. Mandy helped Danielle get out the car, while Carl grabbed Danielle’s bag out the trunk of the car and then he took hold of Danielle’s hand while Mandy held the other one.

    Danielle smiled a nervous smile as she looked at each of her parent’s. That was the thing she thought she’d never have, never mind the surgery to fix the thing between her legs.

    They were soon inside the hospital and Danielle stood off to one side with Mandy while Carl did all the talking, and they were soon being taken up to a large room with a bed in it. Danielle thought it looking more like a posh hotel room she’d seen on the TV, more than a hospital room. It was only the control panels with tubes and other devices on the wall behind the bed that made it look different.

     “Is this my room?” Danielle asked as she looked up at Mandy.

     “Yes, do you not like it?” Mandy asked looking worried.

     “No, it’s very pretty.” Danielle said as she let go of her mother’s hand and walked over to the window where she could see some fields with a couple of horses running around chasing each other. She walked over to the bed and sat on the edge of it and looked over at the window again and smiled when she realised the bed was high enough to let her look out and watch the horses running around. Danielle smiled and thought of Lianna when it looked like the two horses were giving each other little kisses as their mouths kept touching.

     “You’ve got a beautiful view from this room.” Mandy said as she sat on the bed next to Danielle.

     “I should hope so.” Carl said in a fake grumpy voice. “I paid extra for it. I told them nothing but the best for my little girl.” He added just before he started grinning as he put Danielle’s bag down and then sat on the other side of Danielle to what Mandy was sat.

    Even thought Danielle was more scared than she’d ever been in her life, she still found herself giggling at her father.

     “You’re silly.” Danielle giggled as she bumped into her father and he wrapped an arm around her and pulled her closer in a protective way only a father could.

     “Someone finally saw through my clever disguise.” Carl said in a worried tone. “I’ll have to tickle you to death now to keep my secret from the world.” Carl added as he started to tickle Danielle until she was sliding off the bed, but Carl just pulled her back onto it and carried on tickling her until they had to stop when the nurse that showed them up to the room came back in and smiled at them.

     “I’m sorry to bother you, but if Danielle could get change into this gown, we can then get the tests done, out the way.” The nurse said as she stepped over to the bed and handed a hospital gown over to Mandy. “I know it’s not very flattering.” The nurse added when she saw the way Danielle was looking at it.

    Danielle was soon in the gown and making Carl and Mandy laugh as she tried to cover her bottom with the rear opening gown. “I think they gave me a broken gown.” Danielle complained. “Look what happens when I bend over, by bottom pops out.” Danielle added as she showed them.

    Mandy and Carl watched as Danielle’s pale looking bottom suddenly poked out, leaving her stood in the middle of the room doing a silly looking pose just as the nurse and the doctors that would be doing the surgery walked in.

     “That looks a little cheeky.” One of the doctors said just before he watched the child shoot bolt upright as she tried to cover herself up. This just made Mandy and Carl laugh even more as she watched Danielle spin around to face the doctors, as she turned a deep shade of red.

     “Sorry.” Danielle squeaked out as she ran over and jumped on Mandy’s knee looking scared at the two men in white coats looking at her from the doorway.

     “Don’t worry about it my dear.” The doctor that made the comment chuckled. “They’re not the most fetching fashion statement are they?” He added with more chuckling.

     “No.” Danielle whispered as she shook her head from side to side.

     “You didn’t grab me as being shy just now.” The doctor said with a smile. “Do you think you could lie on the bed so we can take a look at you, and what the problem is we need to fix?” The doctor asked in a calm trusting voice.

    Danielle slid off Mandy’s knee and then got on the bed and lay down for the doctors. Mandy went to join Carl over the other side of the room, but Danielle grabbed her hand and wouldn’t let go. Mandy looked at the doctors to see if it would be okay for her to stay with Danielle.

     “You can stay with Danielle.” The second doctor said.

    Danielle looked at Mandy rather than at the doctors while they looked at her groin and spoke to one another. Danielle thought they were talking in some foreign language with some of the words they were using, but they seemed happy with whatever they saw, which made Danielle feel better.

     “We just need to get some quick blood and urine samples before we take you down for a couple of scans to make sure everything is okay on the inside, then we can get you prepped for surgery.” The first doctor explained while the second one wrote down some details on a clipboard.

    The nurse had left the room and returned with a wheelchair for Danielle to get into. Danielle got off the bed and plonked her bottom down in the wheelchair, but she was soon jumping back out again when her bottom hit the cold vinyl seat.

     “I’m sorry sweetie.” The nurse said as she ran from the room and came back a couple of seconds later with a cushion for her to sit on that stopped the cold of the vinyl touching her bottom. “Better?” The nurse asked as she looked at Danielle.

     “Yes, thank you.” Danielle smiled back nervously.

     “I bet that woke you up?” Carl chuckled. Danielle just nodded her head up and down as she giggled.

    Danielle spent the next couple of hours being scanned and tested to make sure there wouldn’t be any complications during the operation. All the time Danielle’s belly was groaning and wondering why it hadn’t been given anything to eat yet.

     “It will all be over soon sweetie, and then we can get you fed.” Mandy said as she smirked at the strange noise Danielle’s belly was making.

    Danielle soon found herself in a very sterile looking room after her parents were asked to wait in another room.

     “We’ll be with you when you wake up honey!” Carl shouted as Danielle was wheeled into the room and told to get on the bed in there.

    Once Danielle was on the bed, a team of nurses came in and set to work with some needles with tubes and bags of fluid attached to them.

     “Just relax now sweetie and this will all be over in a blink of an eye.” A nurse with pretty looking eyes said. “I need you to count backwards from ten for me.” She asked.

     “Ten, nine, eight, seven, six...”

 

To Be Continued Next friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Child and Parent guide:



Parents Children
Chrissy & Becky Andrew/Lianna, Lauren (Twins)
Amy & Amber Jessica
Ann & brad Jennifer
Sara & Cathy Peter
Mandy & Carl/Carla Craig, Danielle (Adopted)
Jayden & Callum Richard, Nicola (Twins)
Dan & Faith Penny, Christopher

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
168 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Shorter but sweet

Danielle's soap opera of a life is finally coming to a head and she is about to be repaired. Going under surgery can be scary, never doubt, having been through five general anesthesias myself.

I look forward to Danielle having her own kid one day too if part of Lianna got saved off :)

Kim

Danielle

It looks like another big event in Danielle's life is coming to pass. I hope she has many more!

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

Thank you Sara,

I am so glad that our little girl is finally getting the love
and attention that she has been missing out on and will be the
person she was always meant to be.

ALISON

At last

Mother Nature's little joke is being fixed, and not before time. How come legions of so-called experts at childcare hadn't picked up the problem before now?

Someone sees a superfluous piece of meat during a cursory examination at birth, puts an 'M' on the birth certificate, society then determines that you are male and ignores any evidence that it's wrong.

Still loving' the story.

S.