You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 34

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Four

By SaraUK

 

Part 34

    Even though Danielle didn’t need to be up as early as Lianna and Lauren, she still got up and got dressed so she could spend as much time with her family before they left for school and she had to wait for Tina and Cathleen to arrive, as well as Damon, but Danielle was looking forward to getting out and seeing some of the sights with Tina, while she knew that Cathleen was eager to spend some time with Damon, Tina’s driver/bodyguard.

    Danielle was wearing one of the new dresses she’d bought the day before when she left her bedroom and met up with Lianna and Lauren at the top of the stairs.

     “I hope you don’t mind me spending time with Tina again today?” Danielle asked looking worried after the way Lianna had reacted the day before.

     “No I don’t mind. I was just being a moody cow yesterday. I’m glad you won’t be stuck here on your own all day.” Lianna smiled as she wrapped an arm around Danielle’s waist and led her down the stairs.

     “I wouldn’t be on my own, Nana Holly would be here.” Danielle pointed out with a grin.

     “You know what I mean smarty pants.” Lianna smiled as she playfully slapped Danielle on the arm.

     “I wish I was dressed like the two of you and going to school.” Danielle pouted. “I never thought I’d want to go to school.” She added with a giggle.

     “That will come soon enough sis, but we will be breaking up for six weeks at the end of this week.” Lauren said looking excited about that.

     “I can’t wait to spend even more time with you both, and I hope you can give me some more lessons on makeup and other things.” Danielle grinned.

     “We’ll show you lots of things, and take you places as well.” Lianna grinned back, happy to be able to show Danielle all the things she’d missed out on growing up.

    They entered the dining room and got hugs of Chrissy and Becky before they went to get their breakfast. Brad was going to brief the kids about the party at the weekend once they were all in the minibus, so the others could keep it a secret from Danielle, as they wanted it to be a sort of surprise party for her as well as an end of school year blow out for all the others.

    Breakfast was its normal frantic self and all the kids ran back up to their rooms to brush their teeth and grab their school bags once they all finished eating. Danielle ran up to her room and did the same, but then returned down stairs to see the others off and then wait for Cathleen to turn up, and then Tina and Damon.

     “Give Tink a hug for me, and tell her I said hi.” Lianna said with a smile as she gave Danielle a hug. “And I’m ordering you to have some fun today.” She added in a bossy tone.

     “Yes mum.” Danielle giggled as she snapped Lianna a salute. This just earned her another hug from Lianna.

     “I mean it Danielle, I want you to go out and have a really good time.” Lianna said as she broke the hug and looked Danielle in the eyes.

     “I’ll do my best, but I’ll miss you not being with me.” Danielle sighed.

     “Good, but make the most of it anyway.” Lianna giggled as she hugged Danielle for the third time.

     “Step back sis and let someone else get a hug.” Lauren grumbled as she pulled Lianna out the way so she could give Danielle a hug before Brad decided he needed to drag them all out to the minibus. “Needy much?” Lauren asked with a grin as she looked at Lianna over her shoulder.

    Lianna just answered by sticking her tongue out and then grinning before she broke out in a fit of giggles.

    Danielle got hugs of all the others and then Lianna snuck back in for a fourth hug before she was picked up and carried out to the minibus by Brad, who thought they would never get to school at this rate.

     “I’ll see you later baby! Remember to have a good time!” Lianna shouted as Brad placed her in the minibus and she poked her head back out to shout to Danielle.

    Danielle was left in a fit of giggles on the doorstep with Chrissy and the others all giggling behind her. Danielle waved until the minibus vanished out of sight, then she went back into the house to wait for Cathleen, Tink and Damon to arrive.


*****

    Lianna didn’t feel as bothered about Danielle spending time with Tink today, she was glad that Danielle had someone her own age to hang with while they were at school. Lianna was also still trying to work out what to do about Charlie, and the fact he was the person calling themselves Clare and asking her advice on being transgendered.

     “You okay sis?” Lauren asked with worry in her voice, snapping Lianna out of her thoughts.

     “I’m fine, but I still don’t have any idea on what to do about Charlie.” Lianna whispered.

     “Let’s just be his friends and he’ll talk to you when he feels ready.” Lauren said as she took hold of Lianna’s hand. “He’s had a pretty rough time of it, and jumping in with questions like the ones you’ll need to ask, may scare him off, then we will never be able to help him.” Lauren added with a worried look.

     “I was thinking the same thing, but it helps to know I’m thinking along the right lines.” Lianna smiled as gave Lauren’s hand a squeeze.

     “That will be all the female hormones helping you to think smarter thoughts.” Lauren said looking serious for a couple of seconds, but she couldn’t keep the straight face and started to grin before it broke into a giggling fit.

     “I’m just worried about the crazy side effects of becoming more like you though.” Lianna said just before she was trying to defend herself from a playful slap attack from her sister.

    They both looked worried and stopped laughing when they saw Brad pull over and turn to look at them all.

     “We’re sorry Uncle Brad, but we were just playing around.” Lianna said looking worried that Brad was about to shout at them.

     “I know you were kiddo, and that’s not the reason I’ve pulled over.” He started to explain. “We’re going to be throwing a barbecue style party this Saturday for all of you and your friends, and also as a kind of welcome to the family/late birthday party for Danielle, so we need you to invite all your friends and any friends Daniele might have made when she was at the school the other week, but we need to not let Danielle find out about it.” Brad added the last bit with a look that told the others there would be trouble if she found out because one of them couldn’t keep their mouths shut.

     “Does this mean we can buy her presents?” Jennifer asked with a grin.

     “That’s up to all of you, but I’m sure she’d be happy either way.” Brad said leaving it up to them.

     “We have to buy her something, or it won’t feel like a party.” Jessica pouted.

     “I’ll be buying her something.” Lianna shouted out.

    The minibus was soon buzzing with chatter of what they could buy her. They were all busy sending out texts to their friends as well to invite them to the house, but only after getting the times from Brad for them to turn up. They were already getting texts back saying that their friends would be there.

    Lianna was excited about another thing that would make Danielle smile now this weekend coming. Danielle had never been to a birthday party, and she wanted to make this one special as it would be her first, and in her honour.

     “We better track down Naomi, Polly and Natalie when we get to school, Danielle will want them there.” Lauren said.

     “That’s a good idea sis.” Liana agreed.

    Brad had picked up peter before he told them all the good news, so he dropped off Craig, Nicole and Richard before he finally dropped off the others at their school. Simon, Ian and Charlie were all stood waiting for them when they pulled up outside the school.

    Lianna smiled when she saw the worried look on Charlie’s face when Jennifer jumped off the minibus and ran over to give Charlie a hug. Lianna also saw the way Brad looked at Charlie when Jennifer hugged this new face.

     “Don’t look so worried Uncle Brad; he’s just a new friend we’re helping out.” Lianna said hoping to stop Brad scaring Charlie away.

    Brad grumbled something under his breath, but Lianna couldn’t make out what he was saying, and she wasn’t about to ask him to repeat it because she had a feeling it wasn’t anything good.

     “I’d ease up on the hugs there Jen, your dad doesn’t look to happy about it.” Lianna warned as she got to where Jennifer was still hugging Charlie and asking about his arm, which was still in the pretty decorated cast.

     “Oh crap.” Jennifer grumbled as she broke the hug and stepped back for her dad to see.

    Brad seemed happy with the distance between the two of them now, and he got back in the minibus and drove away.

     “That’s your dad?” Charlie asked as he pointed a shaky hand in the direction the minibus was now moving away from the school building.

     “Yep, but he’s a big softy.” Jennifer said waving off Charlie’s worries.

     “You got the big part right.” Charlie said with a nervous smile.

     “How’s the arm Charlie?” Lianna asked trying to change the subject away from Brad.

     “Still broken.” Charlie said with a smile as he held up the arm with the cast on. “Doesn’t seem to be hurting as much today though, just itching like crazy.” He added.

     “I’m glad to hear it, the not hurting so much, not the itching part.” Lianna said. “Everything else going okay, not being picked on by anyone?” Lianna asked as she looked at Simon and Ian stood close by, even if Simon was getting a hug from Lauren now.

     “No problem in that area, not since Si spread the word yesterday.” Charlie said with some pride that he had Simon as a friend now. “I do need to have a word with you about something though.” Charlie added with a worried look.

     ‘Oh god, he’s going to come out with the fact he’s Clare.” Lianna thought to herself when she saw Charlie get his cell phone out his pocket. Lianna thought he must have realised she’d know the number and must have put two and two together and worked out she knew he was really the girl called Clare that texted him, but it wasn’t.

     “I got this text message this morning inviting me to a party at your house this Saturday, and I thought it must have been sent by mistake and wanted to check that it was.” Charlie said.

     “No mistake.” Lianna said as she let out the breath she’d been holding while Charlie spoke. “You’re a member of our group, and a good friend, so we want you to come.” Lianna smiled.

     “Wow, thanks.” Charlie said looking shocked. “I’ve heard people talking about how cool the parties are at your house, but I ever thought I’d get invited to one.” He added. “What sort of gift should I bring with me for Danielle? I only saw her the once on that first day that you came to school as Lianna.” Charlie asked nervously.

     “We’re still brainstorming over all that, but we can talk more about it at lunchtime.” Lianna shrugged. “I trust you will be joining us for lunch?” Lianna asked with a raised eyebrow.

     “He’ll be there.” Jennifer answered for him.

    Charlie just looked at Jennifer and smiled. Everyone could see that Jennifer had taken a shine to Charlie for some reason, and Charlie had a look in his eyes that said he’d do anything for Jennifer.

     “We have most of the same classes together.” Jennifer said in her own defence, but the slight blush to her cheeks said that there was more to it than just sharing classes, but they had to get to their homerooms, so Jennifer didn’t have to answer any more questions right at that minute.

    Lianna and Lauren looked at each other with a look that said they both planned to find out just what Jennifer’s feelings were towards Charlie before they got too serious, but that would have to be at home later.

    They ran off to get to their classrooms before first bell, so they could start another interesting morning of learning things.


*****

    Danielle was sat at the kitchen table watching Nana Holly make a shopping list of what they needed to buy to keep the cupboards stocked up when she heard the chime of the doorbell.

     “I’ll get it!” Danielle shouted as she jumped up and winced when she was painfully reminded that she still needed to be careful with her new groin area.

     “Thank you dear, but remember to keep the chain on until you’ve found out who it is!” Holly shouted to Danielle as she vanished from the room.

     “Yes Nana!” Danielle shouted back. She didn’t need reminded of that fact, not after the trouble she had the last time she answered the door and was nearly taken away by perverted childcare worker Ken Douglas.

    Danielle slipped the chain on the door and then she unlocked it before opening the door and looking to see who it was, she smiled when she saw it was Cathleen.

     “Hi Danielle, it’s only me.” Cathleen said with a smile.

     “Hi Cathleen, just give me a second to take the chain back off.” Danielle closed the door and removed the chain before opening the door again to let Cathleen in.

     “Hello girlfriend.” Cathleen said as she stepped into the house and gave Danielle a big hug. “I’m glad to see you’ve learned your lesson with the door.” She added as she hugged Danielle.

     “I still get scared answering the door, but Aunty Chrissy told me I need to face fears like that and learn from them, so I’m trying my best.” Danielle replied as she enjoyed the hug.

     “That’s the best way sometimes, but never open the door without the chain on, not even if you know someone is going to be calling in to see you.” Cathleen said as she broke the hug. “Nana Holly in the kitchen?” Cathleen asked as they started walking in that direction.

     “Yes, she’s making a shopping list ready for when Uncle Brad gets back, so they can go and do the food shopping.” Danielle explained. “Tink and your boyfriend aren’t here yet.” Danielle added with a grin.

     “He’s not my boyfriend!” Cathleen said with a shocked look.

     “Not yet anyway.” Danielle shot back with a bigger grin.

    Cathleen reached out to grab Danielle and tickle her for her cheek, but Danielle had spent way to many years looking after herself, and she easily dodged her and made a run for it with Cathleen running after her.

    Holly looked up over her glasses when she saw a squealing Danielle enter the kitchen with Cathleen running after her. Holly just smiled as she saw Danielle finally get caught, but only because she was giggling too much to run anymore.

     “Hi Nana.” Cathleen said with a smile just before she started to tickle Danielle. “I’ll teach you to make fun of me young lady.”

     “I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” Danielle got out between giggles.

     “Are you really really sorry?” Cathleen asked as she kept tickling Danielle until she answered.

     “Yes, yes!” Danielle squealed.

    Cathleen stopped the tickling and hugged Danielle as she laughed at just how ticklish Danielle was. “I never thought we’d find anyone more ticklish than Aunty Amy.” Cathleen led Danielle over to the table and helped her take a seat before she sat down next to her.

     “Hello dear.” Holly smiled as she stepped over and gave Cathleen a hug and then kissed her on the forehead. “I know what you mean, we find it hard to believe, but she is.” Holly added as she watched Cathleen pull a still giggling Danielle into a hug again.

     “That was mean.” Danielle pouted as she playfully slapped Cathleen’s leg, but she was soon giggling again and enjoying the hug.

     “Yes we can be evil when it comes to punishing cheeky little girls.” Cathleen giggled.

    Danielle was enjoying all the contact she was having with people now, and she really did like Cathleen. She was just what Danielle dreamed a big sister would be like. She was happy to stay cuddled up to Cathleen’s side while Cathleen talked with Holly.

     “I’ll get it!” Danielle said when she finally broke the hug after the door bell chimed again.

    Cathleen and Holly smiled as they watched her run from the kitchen. “She seems to be settled in.” Cathleen said with a smile.

     “Yes she has, and it’s good to see her laugh and smile.” Holly said with a happy sigh. “That poor child has seen far too much darkness for one so young.” Holly added. “She’s really excited about spending the day with you as well. She was telling me how much she thinks of you as a big sister just before you got here.”

     “I feel like a big sister to all the kids, but I must admit that I feel a little more protective of Danielle, but I guess it’s just because she’s had no one to look out for her in the past, and I feel she’s missed out on so much love and care.” Cathleen said with a thoughtful look as she looked at the door where Danielle had just vanished through.

     “Speaking of love and care, Carl and the others are throwing a sort of end of school year party and birthday party for Danielle this Saturday, and we were hoping you. Penny and Kat would come and keep an eye on things so us adults can take a back seat and give them some room to have fun, but Danielle knows nothing about it.” Holly whispered the last bit just in case Danielle was on her way back.

     “Sounds like fun, you can count me in, and I’m pretty sure Penny and Kat will agree to help out.” Cathleen said with a grin.

     “Danielle’s never had a birthday party before; I doubt you could even say she’s had a birthday before, from what she’s told us.” Holly said with a heavy heart. “She got just twenty pounds this past birthday.” Holly added as she turned around and wiped away a tear trying to stop Cathleen from seeing her cry.

     “Was that it? No cards or cake?” Cathleen asked looking shocked.

     “Nope, but she did meet Lianna and Lauren while she was trying to find something to spend her birthday money on, so it wasn’t totally bad for her.” Holly pointed out looking at the plus side to what happened.

     “Remind me to give the two of them a hug for breaking the rules this once.” Cathleen said with pride for Lianna and Lauren sneaking out on their own, even if it was the wrong thing for them to do.

     “We all feel the same way about it, but we don’t talk about it in front of the twins.” Holly said with a roll of her eyes. “We don’t want them to think its okay to break the rules whenever they want.”

    They stopped talking when they heard the sound of giggling girls getting louder as Danielle and Tina got closer to the kitchen door. Danielle entered the kitchen first, followed by Tina at her side and Damon following just behind holding the door open for the girls to enter.

    Tina was rocking the whole rebel teenage girl thing again with spiky black hair, heavy eyeliner around her eyes, black leggings under cut off denim shorts, white shirt with some band name on it none of them had heard off, and it was finished off with a leather waist coat.

    Damon looked a little different today; he wasn’t in the black suit. He was wearing cargo pants and a white polo shirt and heavy duty walking boots.

     “No suit today Damon?” Cathleen asked with a smile as she realised Damon must work out, looking at the muscles now showing under the tight fitting polo shirt.

     “I was told I needed to blend in more by the fashion police.” Damon smirked as he looked at Tina. “I hope I don’t look to bad to be seen out with the three of you today?” He added as he looked down at himself.”

     “No, I think you look fine.” Cathleen said a little too quickly she realised because she heard Danielle and Tina trying not to burst out in a fit of giggles, which made it sound like they had both sprung a leak as they sat there hissing, or it sounded like they were, as they tried not to laugh.

     “Shall we see about getting off then?” Damon said trying not to smirk as he looked at Cathleen blush.

     “Yes, we better, or we’ll not get to see any of the sights.” Cathleen said as she checked out Damon again, like she’d seen all the sights she wanted to see for one day, and they hadn’t set foot outside the kitchen yet.

    Danielle and Tina ran past Cathleen, both of them giggling and then ducking as Cathleen tried to clip the pair of them around the head for laughing at her. Cathleen missed and wanted to walk out with Damon, so she didn’t run after them.

     “I gather we’ll be going out in my car today?” Damon asked as he walked at Cathleen’s side towards the front door.

     “Only if you don’t mind?” Cathleen smiled. “I don’t really like driving in the city; I’m always too scared to pull out into traffic.” She added with a nervous giggle.

     “Driving doesn’t bother me, but then that is what I’m trained to do.” Damon said in a matter of fact way.

     “Does that mean you can do all the high speed chases and all that other cool stuff security people are trained to do?” Cathleen asked looking impressed.

     “Yes, but I try to avoid doing hand break turns and things like that.” Damon grinned. “It’s not good for the car you know, and the boss docks any damages out of my pay.”

    Danielle and Tina were leaning against the Audi when Damon and Cathleen stepped out the house. Damon pushed a button on the key fob to unlock it, while Cathleen made sure the front door was closed properly before she walked over and smiled at Damon as he held the car door for her and then helped her to get in. Danielle and Tina were already in the back putting their seatbelts on.

     “I’m not sure where you want to go first.” Cathleen said as she watched Damon start the car with a push of a button and then pull out of the drive.

     “I hope you don’t mind, but Tink and I spent some time last night planning out the best way to go about seeing as much as we could.” Damon said as he pulled out a piece of paper and handed it over to Cathleen.

     “Wow, you two really did put a lot of thought into this.” Cathleen said as she saw the list of places they would be going to. “I’m not sure we’ll get them all done in one day though.” Cathleen pointed out.

     “I did warn Tink about that, and she said we would just have to go out again tomorrow.” Damon shrugged. “I’m not sure if you have plans though tomorrow?” Damon asked.

     “Nothing I can’t put off.” Cathleen smiled.

     “That’s good then, it means we can take our time and really enjoy the sights.” Damon said as he looked Cathleen up and down with a smile of his own.

    Cathleen smiled back at him and then had to look out the side window on her side to hide the fact her cheeks flushed.

    While Cathleen and Damon talked in the front of the car, Danielle and Tina were chatting in the back. Tina was interested in finding out more about Danielle, but Danielle didn’t want to talk about her past before coming to live with Lianna and the others.

     “There’s not anything of interest to tell you Tink, it wasn’t a nice time, and I’m trying to forget it as much as I can.”

     “I understand Danielle, and I’m sorry for making it sound exciting. I can’t even begin to imagine how horrible it must have been.” Tina said as she reached over and took hold of Danielle’s hand, which she’d noticed had been balled up into a tight fist as Danielle looked to be having some bad memories of that time.

     “I could say the same thing about you being able to do as you want, but I already know that you’d give it all up to spend more time with your father.” Danielle pointed out, and saw the look change on Tina’s face. “I think we all look at other people’s lives and think they have it better than we do, but for some of us, it’s not hard to think that.” Danielle added as she squeezed Tina’s hand back and smiled.

     “You had it tougher than me, no contest.” Tina started. “To be told you’re a boy, but feel like a girl and then start to grow breasts as well.” Tina said with a shake of her head. “You’re a stronger person than me for staying sane through all that.” Tina looked proud of Danielle as she said the last part.

     “It wasn’t being strong Tink, it was just a case of having to deal with it, but I was close to giving up until Lianna and Lauren showed up one Saturday.” Danielle said with a smile as she thought about the first real time anyone showed her any kind of love and friendship. Danielle went on to tell Tina how she first met the two of them and how she turned up at the house.

     “Your Aunty Chrissy is pretty amazing, they all are come to think about it.” Tina grinned. “They all made me feel like part of the family. I wish I could get adopted by them.” Tina added with a pout, but she was soon giggling though.

     “I never thought anyone would ever be jealous of something I had.” Danielle grinned.

     “It’s a little like the story of Pinocchio isn’t it? But instead of becoming a real boy, you became a real girl.” Tina giggled. She soon stopped giggling though when she saw the frown Danielle was giving her. “What did I say?” Tina asked looking worried.

     “I know it may seem silly to you, but I don’t like it when you say that I’m a real girl now. You said the same thing yesterday about Lianna.” Danielle started to explain. “Lianna and I have always been girls, even if it didn’t look like it, and having a medical problem didn’t make us any less girls in here and here.” Danielle added as she touched a finger to her head and then her chest where her heart was.

     “I’m sorry if I hurt you with my comment Danielle, it wasn’t meant to be nasty, but I just didn’t know what other way to say it.” Tina looked ashamed with herself as she took hold of Danielle’s hand again. “Please forgive me.” She begged.

     “There’s nothing to forgive Tink.” Danielle smiled. “I’d just like you to think of Lianna and I as girls, always have been, but I may need a little help every now and then, as I don’t know everything there is to know about growing up as a girl.” Danielle blushed.

     “You mean kind of like you were going through a tomboy phase?” Tina said as she understood what Danielle was getting at.

     “Yes, that’s it! Just a really long tomboy phase.” Danielle giggled.

     “I’m glad the two of you finally grew out of it.” Tina said with a grin.

     “Me too.” Danielle grinned back as she looked down at the pretty dress and the painted nails she now had, and she could feel the difference between her legs. Danielle just wished that Lianna had the same feeling between her legs, but Lianna had already explained that it would be another couple of years before that happened, and even then it would be a much longer recovery time for her than it was for Danielle.

    Danielle and Tina’s talk stopped when Damon pulled into a car park and then they were all on foot as they headed for the first of many places they would visit that day. Danielle and Tina were happy to keep each other company while giving Cathleen and Damon some time alone, but they always stayed where the two of them could be seen by Damon, just in case they had any trouble.


*****

    Lianna and Lauren had been stopped by all the kids that were their friends through the morning as they were all buzzing about the party at the weekend. Lauren had texted a message to Naomi earlier, but wasn’t sure if she’d get it or not, due to Naomi always losing her cell phone. She lost it or misplaced it so much they nicknamed her no phone Naomi. They did text Polly and Natalie as well, so they knew that one way or the other Naomi would hear about the party.

     “Lauren, Lianna!” They heard a familiar voice shout to them as they made their way from one class to the next mid morning. They both stopped and turned to see Naomi, Polly and Natalie walking really fast to catch up with them.

     “Hi Naomi, Polly, Natalie. Did you get out text about the party?” Lauren asked.

     “Yes I did.” Naomi said all excitedly as she got her phone out her blazer pocket to show them she still had it.

     “Maybe we should get a photo of this moment.” Lianna giggled as she got her phone out and snapped a picture of Naomi holding her phone.

    Naomi held up her phone and smiled why Lianna snapped of a shot, then she playfully slapped Lianna on the arm as she complained. “Hey! I’m not that bad.” She whined. “Okay, maybe I am.” She added with a giggle when the others all started fake coughing.

     “Polly and I are thinking of charging her for being her PA’s with all the calls we take for her.” Natalie said with a roll of her eyes just before she squealed as Naomi started chasing her around the other three.

     “Can you all make it to the party then? I know Danielle would love to see you all again.” Lianna said when Natalie finally stopped running around them, and let Naomi catch her and hug her to death.

     “Yes we’ll all be there, but do you have any idea on what we can get her as a gift for her birthday?” Naomi asked as she gripped Natalie in her arms.

     “You do realise that it’s not actually her birthday, but she hasn’t had a birthday party before, so we just want it to feel a little bit special for her, so you don’t have to buy her anything.” Lianna explained.

     “But it still wouldn’t feel like a birthday party if we didn’t get her gifts.” Naomi pouted. “I bet you’ll all be getting her something to open?” She asked.

     “Yes we are, but we weren’t expecting anyone else to bother.” Lianna said.

     “I’m sure whatever you find will make Danielle happy.” Lauren added.

     “Leave it with us, and we’ll come up with some cool gifts for her.” Naomi grinned. “We better see about getting to our next class before we’re late.” Naomi added when she looked at her phone and saw the time.

     “Talk to you later!” Lauren shouted as they watched the three girls run off down the hallway until they heard Miss Wren shout at them to stop running.

    Lauren and Lianna were beginning to wonder if there was more than one Miss Wren because she always seemed to be there when someone ran in the hallways. Lianna looked at the time and realised they would be late if they didn’t get a move on.

    They made it to the class just before the teacher did, and they took their seats looking very sheepish after getting a glare from him. The class went quick enough, and they were soon making their way to the dining room to join the others and talk about what they could get Danielle as a gift among other things.

    Lianna smiled when she saw that Charlie was stood next to Jennifer when they got to the dining hall. Her smile got even bigger when she saw how Jennifer had claimed the rights to help him cut up his food once they were all sat down at a couple of tables they had pulled together. Lianna still had no idea how to deal with the Clare problem, not that it was a problem, but she needed to let Charlie know he could talk to her about Clare without scaring him off.

     “Will it be safe for me to be at this party on Saturday?” Simon asked Lauren looking worried.

     “You better be there.” Lauren shot back looking angry at the fact he’d even thought about not going to it.

     “I’m scared about facing your mothers.” Simon said looking a little sheepish about being scared. “What if I screw up and they won’t let me date you?”

     “They already like you Si, so relax.” Lianna said trying to calm him down.

     “They did like me when I was your best friend, well Andrew’s best friend. Now I want to date your sister, what if they don’t think I’m good enough to date her?” Simon explained his worries.

     “Trust me Si; you’ve more than proved yourself worthy of dating my sister in the past couple of weeks.” Lianna said with pride.

     “Do you really think so?” Simon asked looking a little shocked at the praise he was getting.

     “I know so.” Lianna reassured him.

     “I want to date you Si, which is all that you need to worry about.” Lauren said as she made Simon turn his head and look at her just before Lauren leaned forward and kissed him.

     “Besides, what’s the worst that can happen?” Lianna asked with a shrug.

     “I could upset your Uncle.” Simon pointed out.

     “Daddy isn’t that bad Si.” Jennifer giggled. “We told him what you’ve done to help Lianna since she came to school, and he’s impressed at the way you’ve stood by your old friend, even though you could have just kept your distance.” Jennifer explained the way Brad felt about all the things that Simon had done for Lianna, from the dressing up as a school girl to defending Lianna when Nigel started trying to make things worse.

     “You’ve impressed our parent’s as well with all the times you come to my sister’s defence.” Lauren said just before she kissed him again. “And I still owe you a date for that first time.” She added between kisses.

     “I am a man of my word, and I never lose a bet.” He grinned as he licked his lips enjoying the taste of Lauren that was still on them.

    Lianna smiled as she saw how happy her sister was, and how happy his old friend looked to have the girl of his dreams as a girlfriend now. Lianna had wondered a couple of time whether or not Simon became his friend trying to get closer to Lauren, but she already knew that Simon and Andrew would have become friends either way. Lianna noticed that Charlie was looking at her and he soon looked away when she looked over in his direction, but she kept looking at him until he thought it was safe to look back at her, and then she just smiled a warm smile at him.

     “I hope Jennifer isn’t bossing you around too much Charlie?” Lianna asked with a giggle.

     “No, she’s being really cool.” Charlie said with a blush as he looked at Jenifer for a second before he went back to picking at his lunch.

     “I’m not bossy.” Jennifer grumbled just before she told Charlie to clear his plate because he needed to build up some energy or he’d never get that cast off his arm. She did giggle though when she worked out what had just set off all the others in a fit of giggles, even Charlie was giggling. “Okay, maybe I can be a little bossy, but it’s only because I care.” She added.

     “You care about me?” Charlie said as he was just about to place a fork full of food in his mouth looking stunned to hear Jennifer say that to him.

     “Yes I care about you silly, now eat your lunch before I take over.” Jennifer said in a stern tone as she made Charlie put the fork full of food in his mouth before she loaded up another one for him.

    Charlie seemed to act a little different after that, but in a good way. Lianna wondered if Jennifer’s feelings went beyond just being friendly with him, which was something she was going to have to have a word with Jennifer about when she could get her alone.

    Lunch time came to an end, and they all returned to their classes to start the afternoon lessons. They had managed to work out what to get Danielle as gift’s and also give some of the others ideas.

    Lianna watched as Jennifer and Jessica wandered off towards their next class with Charlie walking between them and some of their other friends that had all seemed to except Charlie as one of their group and were laughing and joking with him. Lianna found herself trying to work out what Charlie would look like as a girl, and she thought he’d look pretty cute actually.

     “Come on sis.” Lauren whined when she saw that Lianna was daydreaming as they made their way down the hallway to their first class of the afternoon.

     “Everything alright Lianna? You’ve seemed distracted the past couple of days?” Simon asked. Out of anyone other than her family, Simon would be the one to know Lianna the best, and notice when something was troubling her. “You’re not having trouble with anyone are you?” Simon asked protectively.

     “No, nothing like that, it’s just the hormones making my mood swing back and forth.” Lianna lied, but she knew this would stop Simon asking too many more questions about it, and it worked because he shuddered at the thought of being full of female hormones, but it didn’t bother Lianna that he reacted that way, as he was just a boy after all.

     “Okay, okay, I get the point.” He said as he shuddered some more. “Not an area I can help with, thank god.” He added, which earned him a slap from Lauren, but she was soon hugging him and then gave him a kiss as they had reached their classroom.

     “Behave yourself and I’ll see you later baby.” Lauren purred just before she kissed him again.

     “We’ll have less of that on school grounds.” A teacher said as he was walking past. “Get to you classrooms.” He added.

     “See you later beautiful, you to Lauren.” Simon giggled as he first looked at Lianna and then at Lauren.

    Lauren went to slap Simon again, but he was too quick and was already running down the hallway with Ian at his side. “I’ll get you for that one later!” She shouted.

     “I’ll look forward to it!” Simon shouted back over his shoulder as he kept running away.

     “He’s still as crazy as ever.” Lianna giggled. “I wonder if he just became my friend to get closer to you sometimes.” Lianna added with another giggle.

     “I think we both know that isn’t true.” Lauren said with a shake of her head. “He’s just a great guy, and I think you would have been friends even if you didn’t have such a beautiful super smart sister like me.” Lauren said with a sigh like it was a burden, but one she was willing to live with.

     “You forgot modest as well.” Lianna giggled as she bumped Lauren with her shoulder as they entered the classroom.

     “How could I forget that one?” Lauren asked looking shocked just before she too burst out in a fit of giggles.

     “I’m not sure how someone as super smart as you could forget that one.” Lianna shot back looking just as shocked before they were both giggling again.

    The teacher entered the classroom and told all the children to take their seats so she could start the lesson.

 

To Be Continued Next friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Child and Parent guide:



Parents Children
Chrissy & Becky Andrew/Lianna, Lauren (Twins)
Amy & Amber Jessica
Ann & brad Jennifer
Sara & Cathy Peter
Mandy & Carl/Carla Craig, Danielle (Adopted)
Jayden & Callum Richard, Nicola (Twins)
Dan & Faith Penny, Christopher

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
174 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

All in all, a happy life

But we know how fast life can change things. Excellent story Sara, as always, I look forward to reading more!

Wren

No real drama at this point

though I still wonder if the paedo ring is still around as the boss of the perv who tried to kidnap Danielle may still be in on it. I mean, he must have been in the know to support the perv in having Danielle moved from home to home all those times.

Kim