You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 48

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Four

By SaraUK

 

Part 48

    Lianna and Danielle talked about them getting married and decided to leave it until college was out the way and Lianna was post op on her surgery.

    They were all excited about the end of school prom that was happening later in the week now that Danielle’s birthday was out the way.

    The prom was just for Lianna, Danielle, Lauren, Simon and Ian’s year as they were the ones leaving the school, but Clare was going because Ian had asked her to, and a person from a younger year could attend the prom if invited by a person from the year leaving.

    Jessica and Jennifer were also going because a couple of boys from the older year asked them to, but it was nothing serious the two boys just wanted to look good when they attended the prom.

    Sara, Amber, Penny and Kat were busy doing finishing touches to the dresses on the Monday before the Prom on the Wednesday night, but all the girls looked stunning in their gowns.

    Danielle had been given a very fancy expensive camera for her birthday, so she had everyone taking photos for her albums. She’d not realised it at the time, but the family had been taking photos all day on her birthday and she’d spent a couple of nights sat with Lianna and Lauren putting a sixteenth birthday album together.

    It was finally the night of the dance and it was chaos in the house as the girls were all running around trying to get ready. Chrissy, Amy and Cathy were busy trying to do the girl’s makeup and hair. Jane was suppose to come over and help, but thanks to Danielle, Lianna and Lauren always looking so good and them handing out business cards for Jane’s salon, she was up to her neck in it at her shop trying to get most of the other girls that were going to the prom, ready.

    Ian and Simon arrived and were let in by Carl. Both boys looked very smart in their tuxedos. Carl had arranged for a limo from the hotel to take them all to the prom.

    Lianna and the others all made their way down stairs to find Brad reading the riot act to the two boys that were Jessica’s and Jennifer’s dates for the evening.

     “Daddy...!” Jennifer said with a frown as she got to the bottom of the stairs and saw what her father was doing, and how scared the two boys looked as Brad warned them to be on their best behaviour. “They both know the rules.” Jennifer added as she stepped over to her date for the evening.

     “They’re both really nice boy’s Uncle Brad.” Jessica confirmed as she stepped up to her date.

    The two boys looked too scared to even touch Jessica and Jennifer, but the girls weren’t bothered as they slipped their arms through the boys and cuddled up closer to them. Brad just let out a low growl as Ann pulled him back to a safe distance.

    Lauren walked over to join Simon, while Clare went to stand next to Ian.

     “You look amazing.” Simon said to Lauren as he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer.

     “Thanks Si, you’re not looking to bad yourself.” Lauren replied. “You look like you could be the next James Bond.” She added with a grin.

     “Why thank you Miss Moneypenny.” Simon said as he tried to sound like Sean Connery the first Actor to play James Bond.

     “My very own 007 licence to thrill.” Lauren purred in his ear just before she kissed him on the cheek.

     “Lauren! We’ll have less of that talk.” Becky warned as she played the father figure.

     “Sorry mommy.” Lauren blushed as she stepped back a little bit, but still let Simon keep his hand on her bottom.

     “You look so beautiful Clare.” Ian said as he looked her up and down.

    Clare had stopped needing breast forms and had her own modest little set of breast just showing a little bit of cleavage above her dress. Even though they were small, they still seemed to be keeping Ian’s focus.

     “Thanks Ian; and my head’s up here.” She smirked as she thrust her chest out a little more.

     “Sorry.” Ian blushed as he heard the others laugh. “You just get more and more beautiful every time I see you get dressed up like this.” Ian admitted.

     “Awww, that’s so sweet baby.” Clare said as she stepped into his arms and rested her head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around her. “You look really hot as well in that tuxedo.” She added as she looked up at him with a smile.

     “I feel like I should be serving drinks in it.” Ian grumbled as he pulled at the collar on the shirt. He wasn’t one for getting dressed up like this most the time, but jeans and a polo-shirt wouldn’t cut it tonight, not with how good Clare looked in her prom dress.

     “The only person you’ll be serving drinks to this evening is me, and I don’t think you look anything like a waiter.” She said as she went back to resting her head on his chest.

    The limo arrived and they all got in, but not before Danielle had Amber take some photos of them all. Carl had hired a company to take photos at the prom because he didn’t want Danielle to worry about losing her camera while she had a good time. So with the photos taken they were soon on their way to the prom and a fun night of dancing.

    Lianna and Danielle were past the point of anyone caring about them being an item, and anyone that was bothered, knew better than to say anything while Ian and Simon were close by. Lianna never did find out who it was leaving the notes in hers and Clare’s lockers, but they worked out it was someone from Lianna’s year, because it stopped when Lianna’s year left.

    They all had a wonderful time at the prom and Simon and Lauren were voted prom king and queen.

     “Did you ever think your life would turn out like this when we first met?” Lianna asked Danielle while they were taking a break from dancing later in the night.

     “I wasn’t sure I’d live to see my sixteenth birthday, never mind having all this.” Danielle grinned as she looked at the diamond ring on her finger.

     “I’m glad you did.” Lianna smiled as she leaned over and started kissing Danielle.

    They were soon back on the dance floor enjoying the last big thing they would ever do at school before they left in a couple of weeks.

    The prom seemed to end far too soon and they were back in the limo being taken home again. The driver took the two boys home that Jennifer and Jessica had gone with, then he dropped Simon and Ian off before taking the others back to their home. Clare was stopping the night and then going to school with the others the next day.


*****

    Can we have a word Lianna?” Chrissy asked. Lianna, Danielle, Lauren. Simon, Clare and Ian had just got back from the movies. It had been several days since the prom.

     “Sure mum, is everything alright?” Lianna asked when she saw that something was bothering Chrissy.

     “Yes, well sort of.” Chrissy replied, not sure how to answer that question. “You can bring Danielle in with you.” Chrissy added as she led them towards the study.

    They saw that Nana Prue and Becky were in there waiting to talk to Lianna as well when they got in there. Chrissy made them sit on the sofa before she started to explain the reason for them wanting to talk with her.

     “What’s all this about?” Lianna asked as she looked at the three of them.

     “What’s the one thing you want more than anything in the world?” Chrissy asked with a smile. “Other than Danielle.” Chrissy giggled nervously when she saw Lianna look at Danielle sat next to her.

     “You already know.” Lianna frowned. “I want the surgery that will make me a girl down there to match the rest of me.” She said in a tone that made it sound like her mother was teasing her now.

     “What if you could have the surgery next week, would you want to go ahead and have it done that soon?” Prue asked.

     “Yes.” Lianna said without needing to think about it.

     “Think it through before you answer sweetie.” Becky warned. “You will be in a lot of pain, and unable to do much of anything until you’re healed.” Becky pointed out the down side.

     “I’ll be like that no matter when I have the surgery mom, so doing it now before I go to college is the best time to do it.” Lianna reasoned.

     “That is what we were thinking, and you should be well enough to still start college with Danielle later in the year.” Chrissy smiled.

     “I thought I’d have to wait until I was eighteen?” Lianna asked, wanting to find out what had changed.

     “There have been a number of cases where children younger than eighteen have had the surgery, and we already know this is what you want, so we got all the paperwork sorted out, and you go in a week on Tuesday for the surgery.” Prue explained.

    Lianna just sat with her mouth open like she was dreaming it all, but she was soon being hugged and congratulated by an excited Danielle.

     “That’s wonderful; you’ll feel complete once it’s done.” Danielle said as she hugged a still shocked Lianna.

     “Are you okay sweetie?” Chrissy asked.

     “I’m fine mum, just a little shocked that it’s all happening so soon.” Lianna smiled.

     “You’ll be much happier once it’s all over.” Chrissy promised. “We better let you go and tell the others then.” She added. “But I’m here if you need to talk.” Chrissy added.

    Danielle jumped up and helped Lianna to stand before they left the study to find Lauren and the others.


*****

    Lauren and the others were in the games room watching Nicole and Tina having a dance off on the dance machine Carl had bought Danielle a year ago. Lauren stopped laughing and ran over to find out what was wrong when she saw the look on Lianna’s face.

     “What’s wrong sis?” Lauren asked.

     “They’re going to make me a girl a week on Tuesday.” Lianna mumbled with a faraway look in her eyes.

     “You’re already a girl, silly.” Lauren giggled, not understanding what her sister was trying to say.

     “She means that Nana Prue has sorted out for her to have the sex reassignment surgery a week on Tuesday when we’ve finished school.” Danielle explained.

     “That’s wonderful sis!” Lauren shouted as she gave Lianna a hug. “What’s wrong? I thought you’d be happier than this.” Lauren asked when she sensed something was wrong.

     “I’m scared.” Lianna said as she started to sob.

     “Scared of what, being a girl?” Lauren asked as she helped Danielle walk Lianna over to a set of seats in the corner of the games room.

     “No, I want that more than anything.” Lianna snuffled. “I’m scared of not being able to cope with the pain or something going wrong and...” Lianna trailed off as she was too worked up to say anymore.

     “You’ll cope just fine sis.” Lauren giggled at just how silly Lianna was being. “It’s a big thing you’re having done, so you’ve got every right to be scared, but you need to think about how much happier you will be after it’s been done and it’s healed.” Lauren said in a soothing tone as she held Lianna in her arms.

     “I felt just like you do now Lianna when I found out about my surgery, but it was well worth all the pain to have what I have now.” Danielle said as she hugged Lianna from the other side making Lianna the filling in a hug sandwich. “And you’ll have me playing nurse for you, just like you did for me.” She added with a grin.

     “But my surgery is a lot harder than what you had done.” Lianna said in a shaky voice full of fear.

     “I understand that, but thousands of people have gone through it and come out the other side, just look at your mother, Aunty Amy, Aunty Cathy and Aunty Jane.” Danielle pointed out. “You’re just as brave as them.” She added.

     “Danielle’s right sis, you will deal with this just fine, and you will have all of us to help you get through it.” Lauren agreed.

     “And don’t forget about Nana Prue having some really good painkillers to help with the really bad times.” Danielle whispered with a giggle. This actually made Lianna giggle when she saw the look on Danielle’s face as she whispered it.

     “That’s a little better.” Lauren smiled when she saw Lianna giggle and seemed to cheer up a little bit.

    Lianna was about to speak when she noticed they had an audience. All the others had stopped playing their games and watching Tina and Natalie, and were now stood around the sofa where Lianna, Danielle and Lauren were sat hugging each other.

     “I’m sorry for eaves dropping Lianna, but did we hear you right about you going in to have some surgery done a week on Tuesday?” Simon asked for the group.

     “Not some surgery Si, but the surgery.” Lianna corrected him. “This surgery will finally complete the mistake I was born with and make me as much of a girl as I will ever be.” She added as she started to realise just how much happier her life will be.

    They all congratulated her and then wandered back over to their games to give Danielle and Lianna some time alone. Lauren could see they needed some time to themselves, so she went to cuddle with Simon while he watched Ian getting his ass kicked by Richard in a fighting game on one of the games systems.

    Lianna got hugs from Amy and the other grownups later in the day, and they all said she’d be fine dealing with the pain from the surgery, and Amy also said she was there if Lianna needed to talk about any part of it.


*****

    The next week at school was a tough one for Lianna as it was the end of her school days, but also it was the countdown to her getting her wish of finally becoming the girl she always knew she was.

    They all said goodbye to their friends on the Friday and promised to keep in touch, but they wondered if they really would as they all found new friends and went off to college and careers with their parents companies like some of them were.

    Danielle and the others did their best to keep Lianna busy over the weekend and on the Monday, but they could all see that she was worried about going under the knife.

    Lianna did try to focus on the end result of finally feeling like a complete person, and not stuck in some weird limbo between male and female like she was now. She’d been going to see Prue every couple of weeks to have her checkups and the cosmetic version of her female part redone. Every time Prue undid it and checked everything over, Lianna would end up looking down at her alien looking male part and want to throw up, it made her feel that sick to see it attached to her body.

    Chrissy helped Lianna pack a bag for the several days she’d be in the private hospital while she had the surgery and then recovered enough to return home where Danielle had promised to look after Lianna’s every need.

     “Were you scared when you went in to have your surgery done mommy?” Lianna asked with fear in her voice.

     “I was scared to death over it.” Chrissy admitted. “But the thought of remaining as I was, was far worse than the pain I knew I’d have to put up with having the surgery.” Chrissy added as she wrapped her arms around Lianna in a protective way only a mother could. “The pain will fade though, and then you will finally be happy in your own body.” Chrissy promised.

     “So I don’t have to pretend to be brave then?” Lianna asked as she looked up at her mother.

     “No you don’t, that is just some crazy male thing.” Chrissy grinned. Lianna giggled and then they got back to packing her bag.

    Once that was done Lianna wandered across to Danielle’s room where she found her looking through her albums and smiling. Lauren was out on a double date with Simon, Ian and Clare. They had been hoping that Lianna and Danielle would join them, but Lianna just wanted to hang out at home, as she wasn’t allowed to have anything to eat or drink before the surgery the next morning.

     “Do you ever get sick of looking at those things?” Lianna asked as she joined Danielle on the bed as she saw she was looking at the ones from their sixteenth party at the hotel.

     “No, never...” Danielle grinned as she leaded over and rested her head on Lianna’s shoulder. “How you feeling now?” She asked.

     “Scared to death.” Lianna admitted with a sigh. “Mom said it’s normal though and she felt the same way before she went in for hers.

     “I know I was scared to death right up until they put me under.” Danielle said as she remembered her surgery. “It was weird when I woke, as it was like I’d never been asleep, but they had finished and I was back in my room recovering.” She giggled.

     “What if I end up being awake through the whole thing?” Lianna asked looking worried.

     “I did warn you against watching that old Hayden Christensen film, 'Awake', about the guy who looked like he was asleep, but ended up being awake all the way through is surgery.” Danielle frowned. “Do you actually realise just how rare that is?” Danielle asked.

     “No, but it does happen though.” Lianna argued.

     “It use to, but it hasn’t happened in some years now.” Danielle countered. “Medical science has come a long way since that movie was made back in the 00’s” Danielle pointed out.

    Danielle put the album back on it’s shelve with all her others and then the two of them went down to spend some time with the rest of the family. They were soon laughing at some comedy they were all watching and Lianna actually forgot about her surgery the next day for a couple of hours.


*****

    Lianna was having a giggling fit the next morning as she sat in her hospital bed in the posh private room she had. The reason for the giggling fit was down to her mother and Danielle arguing with a nurse over the fact they would have to come back later in the day due to Lianna being in surgery for some time, but the two of them had sat down on a sofa and folded their arms in defiance.

    The argument was settled when Prue entered the room and told the nurse they had special permission to remain here. Prue already knew they didn’t stand a chance of getting either of them to leave until Lianna was back in her bed healing from the surgery.

    Chrissy had to be brave though when they came to take Lianna down for the surgery as she had to make Danielle let go of Lianna’s hand. They then had to sit and wait for Lianna to return.

    Lianna found out that Danielle had been right as the nurse placed some needles in her arm and then told her to count back from ten. Lianna didn’t remember getting any further than eight before she was waking up again back in her room. She gave a weak smile as she saw her mother and Danielle hovering over her on either side of the bed.

     “Is it done?” Lianna asked sounding drunk. “I can’t feel anything down there.” She added with a frown as she tried to clear the woolly feeling in her head.

     “Yes sweetie it’s all done, but they have you on some really good painkillers so be grateful for that, or you’d be in a lot of pain.” Chrissy said as she stroked Lianna’s hair for her.

     “It wasn’t as bad as I thought.” Lianna giggled.

    Chrissy thought she might be thinking otherwise when they started to lower the dose on the painkillers, but she wasn’t about to tell Lianna that. Chrissy pushed the button to let the nursing staff know Lianna was awake and then her and Danielle stepped back to let them do their work.

    Lianna was soon feeling more awake and she was feeling hungry. As it had been nearly 24 hours since she last eaten anything. Carl came to the rescue when he arrived with a basked of food for them all to eat, as he knew neither Chrissy nor Danielle would have left the room to go find something.

     “How are you feeling princess?” Carl asked after handing Chrissy the basket of food for her to sort out with Danielle’s help.

     “Num at the minute, but I’m sure that will change later.” Lianna smiled.

     “I hope you’ll be ready for visitors later on, everyone wants to come and see you.” Carl said.

     “I’d like that, but I’ll have to see what mother can do with my hair though first.” Lianna frowned as she felt her hand and could tell right away that it was a mess without seeing it in a mirror.

     “I think they will understand you not looking your best.” Carl chuckled.

     “You know what girls can be like Carl.” Chrissy giggled as she brought a plate of food over to the table that Carl had pulled up from the bottom of the bed for Lianna to use.

    Lianna was soon lost in her meal as she realised just how hungry she actually was. Becky arrived and helped to eat the food with them, while Carl needed to get back to the hotel for a meeting.

    Lauren was helping out at the shop while Chrissy was here with Lianna, and she would be over at the end of the day with Amy and Mandy.

    Brad was going to be bringing the others in the minibus later in the afternoon so Lianna didn’t have too many visitors at once.

    Lianna was feeling sleepy by the time she was full, so the nurse came in and gave her some pain relief as she was beginning to feel sore, and in no time at all Lianna was fast asleep with Danielle sat next to her in a chair watching her sleep.

    Becky managed to talk Chrissy into taking a walk with her and getting some fresh air, but Danielle was adamant she was stopping by Lianna’s side until she woke again.

     “I don’t want her to wake up all alone.” Danielle had argued.

    Danielle had fallen asleep with her head resting on the bed when Lianna woke up again, and it was her turn to watch Danielle sleep for a short time until the noise of children running in the hallway woke her up just before Jennifer and Jessica ran into the room holding a cuddly toy each.

     “Hey sis! How did it go?” Jessica asked as she handed Lianna the teddy bear she was holding.

    Lianna giggled as she read the heart that the cute pink bear was holding. It said ‘it’s a girl!’ on it. “That’s so cute, and funny. I’m feeling a little sore, but I know it will be well worth the pain by the time I’m all healed and ready to get out of this place.” Lianna explained.

    All the other kids entered the room and gave Lianna more cuddly toys and bags of sweets. Craig handed Danielle a can of coke to drink, which she looked grateful for as she was having trouble keeping her eyes open still having just woke up.

     “Do you mind if I take a walk and get some fresh air now you have some more company to entertain you?” Danielle asked as she stood up and had a stretch.

     “Okay, but don’t get lost and forget about me.” Lianna pouted.

     “I could never do that baby.” Danielle purred as she leaned in and kissed her before she left the room still holding her can of coke.

    Lianna was happy to just sit up in bed and listen to what the others had been doing while they all shared the sweets they had brought with them. Lianna was glad she was fitted with a catheter so she didn’t have to worry about getting up as she was feeling some pain now, even with the painkillers they had her on.

    Danielle returned looking a lot more awake and she was soon sat on the bed next to Lianna sharing some gummy bears.

    Brad, Ann and the kids all stopped for just over an hour before they left again to let Lianna get some rest before the next group arrived. Chrissy and Becky had returned and were sat on the sofa cuddling up to each other, while Danielle had managed to lie down on the bed next to Lianna and they were both fast asleep.

    When the two of them woke again they found Amy, Lauren and Mandy in the room, and Lauren was sat in the chair next to the bed that Danielle had been sat in earlier.

     “Hi sleepyheads.” Lauren smiled as she looked at the two of them trying to wake up.

     “Hey sis.” Lianna said with a sleepy smile.

     “Our mums have told me everything went fine, how does it all feel?” Lauren asked.

     “Sore, but I can cope with it.” Lianna smiled. “I’m finally a girl just like you.” She added with a grin.

     “You were always a girl to me sis.” Lauren grinned back.

     “Thanks sis.” Lianna said as she reached out and took hold of Lauren’s hand. “You’re a really cool sister.” She added.

     “You’re not too bad yourself.” She replied. “Even if you did go through a mega tomboy phase for the first fourteen years of your life.”

     “True, but I’ve finally grown out of that thank god.” Lianna giggled.

    Lianna was soon sat up and Danielle was now sat in a second chair next to Lauren as the three of them chatted to each other. Lianna would push a little button that fed her small amounts of pain relief when she needed it.

    Amy joined them for their chat and she was just like a sixteen year old herself as she spoke about different things with them. Amy left again with Mandy, but Lauren stopped to keep Danielle company when Lianna got tired and fell asleep, which was often.

     “Don’t worry sweetie, it’s just her bodies way of dealing with what the doctors had to do to her.” A nurse said when she saw the worried look on Danielle’s face just after Lianna had fallen asleep half way through the nurse checking on her. “She’ll be like this for a couple of days yet.” The nurse added just before she wrote something on a chart and then left the room.

    Chrissy could see how tired Lianna was, so she called around to stop anyone else coming to see her that day, so she could get plenty of rest.

    Danielle helped Lianna eat her dinner that evening and then had to be dragged away when it was time for them to leave so Lianna could be given something to help her sleep, not that Danielle thought she needed any help in that department.

     “I’ll be here first thing in the morning.” Danielle promised. “Do you need me to bring you anything?” She asked.

     “Just you.” Lianna grinned.

     “I’d stop if they’d let me.” Danielle admitted.

     “You need your own bed and a good night’s sleep or you won’t be coming over tomorrow morning with us.” Becky warned.

    Becky was going to drive her and Chrissy over first thing in the morning, so Lianna wasn’t left on her own too often.

     “I’ll be over to see you tomorrow evening again after I get done at the shop with Mandy and Amy.” Lauren promised. “Si and Ian said they would try and get over to see you tomorrow as well.” She added with a smile.

    Lianna gave them all a hug and then had to give Danielle another one before Lauren and Becky had to drag her away.

    The nurse came in and helped Lianna to settle down before she added something to the drip and she started to feel sleepy.


*****

    Lianna was sat up in bed eating her breakfast of scrambled eggs on toast when she saw her Nana Prue enter the room.

     “Hi Nana.” Lianna smiled. “You’re too late for breakfast, sorry.” Lianna said as she placed the last fork full in her mouth.

     “I’ve already eaten, and you need to keep your strength up, so I wouldn’t take yours off you anyway.” Prue said as she picked up the chart and looked it over to make sure everything was going fine. “How are you feeling today?” Prue asked.

     “Fine, just a little sore, and I wish I didn’t have this stupid catheter thing in me.” Lianna whined.

     “Trust me when I say you wouldn’t like it not being there at the minute, and then you would be sore.” Prue warned. “You would also increase the risk of getting an infection as well.” She added.

    Prue got done with the chart and put it back just before the doctor came in and started asking Lianna some questions, but he was soon having a conversation with Prue that Lianna didn’t understand, so she picked up a magazine and started flicking through that.

    Lianna soon cheered up when she saw her mothers and Danielle enter the room. Prue had left with the doctor at some point, but Lianna was busy reading an article about winter fashions.

     “Hi baby!” Danielle shouted as she ran across the room and gave Lianna a big hug and a kiss.

     “Danielle, keep the noise down, there are sick people trying to sleep still.” Chrissy warned as she walked over and replaced Danielle as she gave Lianna a hug and then kissed her on the forehead.

     “Sorry Aunty Chrissy, but I’m just really excited to see Lianna again.” Danielle pouted.

     “Hi Moms.” Lianna smiled.

     “Hello sweetheart, how are you feeling today?” Becky asked as she gave Lianna a hug and then kissed her on the forehead as well.

     “Sore and tired of being stuck in bed all the time.” Lianna pouted.

     “I’m sorry to hear that, but I think it will be a couple more days before you will be able to move about.” Becky pointed out from what she remembered about Chrissy and Amy having their surgery.

     “Nana Prue was talking with the doctor and they seemed to think I might be able to get up as early as tomorrow.” Lianna explained the parts she had understood between Prue and the doctor.

     “Let us keep our fingers crossed then.” Becky said hoping for the best.

    Danielle settled on the bed next to Lianna and then she helped Lianna with eating some grapes after Chrissy pulled out a large bunch and handed them to Danielle.

    They were still eating the grapes when there was a knock at the door just before Simon, Ian and Clare entered the room with Simon’s mum following behind them.

     “Hey Lianna.” Simon smiled. “The lengths you’ll go to just to get a pretty nurse running around after you.” He added with a grin as he walked over to the bed and handed Lianna a gift bag. “How’s it hanging?” Simon asked.

     “Hi Si, I’m not sure, you’d need to ask the doctor that took it, all I know is it’s gone now.” Lianna giggled as she looked down at her groin.

    Simon winced as he thought about what Lianna had had done to make her more of a girl and it wasn’t something he’d ever want doing to him, but then he was happy being a boy, so why would he.

     “That’s a good one.” Simon chuckled as he worked out what Lianna was getting at.

     “Thank you, I’m here all week.” Lianna grinned. “Hi Ian, Clare.” Lianna added as she looked at the two of them stood behind Simon.

     “Hi Lianna, you are one seriously brave chick going through all this.” Ian said with a frown as he looked towards Lianna’s groin.

     “Hi Lianna. I’m jealous of you.” Clare pouted as she stepped over and first hugged Lianna and then she hugged Danielle.

     “It will be your turn soon enough.” Lianna said as she hugged Clare back.

     “Not soon enough for me.” Clare admitted.

     “I know how you feel, but all you can do is wait for this magical day to arrive.” Lianna sighed as she gave Clare an extra hug before letting her go.

     “I just hope that I can have the surgery when I’m sixteen as well.” Clare grinned.

     “If I know you, I’m sure you’ll talk your mother into letting you do it.” Lianna giggled. “Hi Mrs Warnes, thank you for bringing Si and the others to see me.” Lianna said as she looked at Simon’s mother who was stood talking to Chrissy and Becky.

     “You’re most welcome sweetie.” Mrs Warnes smiled. “I’ve been worried about you nearly as much as Simon and Ian, so I wanted to come and make sure for myself that you were doing okay.” She added looking worried as she walked over and gave Lianna a hug.

     “I will get better, but it’s going to take some time.” Lianna smiled. “But I have a great nurse to help me get better.” Lianna added as she grinned at Danielle still sat on the bed next to her. “That is if she ever stops eating my grapes.” She frowned as she watched Danielle put another on in her mouth.

     “Sorry, but I love grapes.” Danielle mumbled around the grape she was still munching on.

    Mrs Warnes stopped for another twenty minutes and then left after Becky said she’d make sure the others got home safely later in the day.

    Lianna found that having her friends and family around helped her to forget about the pain, and the little button helped as well that gave her small amounts of the wonderful pain relief drug. Lianna didn’t sleep as much today, but she still got tired and everyone went to grab a bite to eat while she rested. Lianna still woke to find Danielle curled up next to her though a couple of hours later. Chrissy was sat reading a book on the sofa, but there was no one else in the room with them.

     “Where did everyone go mom?” Lianna asked in a whisper trying not to wake Danielle.

     “You’re mum’s driven them home, but they said that they would visit again in a couple of days if you’re still in here, or they would come and see you at home.” Chrissy explained about Becky driving them home.

    Lianna was soon being invaded by more visitors when Jane showed up with Amber and Sara. Then Becky returned with Mable and Holly. Lianna was shocked to see her Nana Holly because she knew that Holly hated hospitals ever since her husband had spent so much time in one just before he died.

     “Hi Nana, Gran...” Lianna grinned as she held out her arms to get a hug from each of them.

     “Hello dear, I just had to come and make sure they were feeding you, with my own eyes, and to bring you these just in case they weren’t.” Holly said as she reached into her large bag and pulled out a plastic tub full of homemade cookies. She then pulled out a large flask that was full of hot chocolate so Lianna would have something to wash them down with.

     “Thanks Nana.” Lianna said as she started eating one of the cookies while Holly poured her out a hot chocolate.

    There were two cups with the flask, so Danielle was soon being treated to a cookie and a hot chocolate as well.

    Danielle got hugs from everyone and then they asked the same question, which Lianna answered as best she could. She got more cuddly toys to add to her growing collection, and she got more fruit and sweets, which she was glad to see everyone helping her to eat, as she knew she’d never eat them all on her own.

    Brad and Ann turned up with the kids later in the day, and then Lauren arrived with Amy and Mandy once they had finished at the shop. They had found out that Lauren took after her mother when it came to organising things, and she was doing a really good job of standing in for Chrissy while she came to the hospital to keep an eye on her other baby.

    Everyone had left again by early evening and it was soon time for Danielle, Lauren, Chrissy and Becky to leave, so Danielle could be given something to help her sleep through the night.

    Danielle didn’t want to leave again, but she knew that Lianna needed to sleep so she could get better faster and go home where Danielle could then look after her all the time.

    They finally got Danielle out the place after she’d hugged Lianna a couple more times and promised to see her again in the morning.


*****

    They removed the catheter the next day and Danielle was there first thing with Chrissy and Becky like she promised.

    Lianna had more visitors through the day and she also got to have her first trip to the toilet, which was painful, but not as painful as the nurse showing her how to look after her new female parts. Chrissy and Danielle felt sorry for Lianna when she told them what she’d had to do and how much she hated it. Chrissy had promised it did get a little easier as time went on.

    Lauren arrived with Amy and Mandy again, and Amy gave Lianna a hug when she told her about the nurse showing her how to look after herself and how to do the dilation. Amy had hated all that in the beginning.

    Danielle and Chrissy stopped until the nurses kicked them out. Lauren had joined them again when she came with Amy and Mandy after work. Becky drove them all home after Danielle promised to be back first thing in the morning.


*****

    Danielle was even more eager to get to the hospital the next day as she was missing being able to cuddle with Lianna in her bed back at the house. She still had Lauren to share the bed with, but she missed her fiancée.

    Chrissy and Becky had to warn Danielle not to run in the hallway as they made their way up to Lianna’s room, but Danielle stopped dead in her tracks when she saw that something was wrong as she got closer to Lianna’s room and saw nurses running in and out of the room like there was a problem. Danielle suddenly found herself running to catch up with Chrissy and Becky as they had seen it as well, and were now running themselves.

    What they saw when they got to the door to Lianna’s room left all three of them feeling scared.

 

To Be Concluded Next friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Child and Parent guide:



Parents Children
Chrissy & Becky Andrew/Lianna, Lauren (Twins)
Amy & Amber Jessica
Ann & brad Jennifer
Sara & Cathy Peter
Mandy & Carl/Carla Craig, Danielle (Adopted)
Jayden & Callum Richard, Nicola (Twins)
Dan & Faith Penny, Christopher

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
171 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

"is it done?"

"is it done?", exactly the same question i 1st said to my wife when i saw her after surgery back in 2006.

Two bad things

Lianna's in trouble and the story ends next week. Noooooooooooo!

I'll miss it- I love these Characters!

Wren

Conclusion?

I hope NOT!!!!
Perhaps

To Be Concluded Next friday

just means the hospital episode will be concluded next Friday, and Lianna will be OK and get to go home.

If it is indeed the Conclusion of Lianna and Danielle's part of the story, remember this part of the story is entitled "The Kids Story".

And if YHIAW is indeed over, what a wonderful ride it has been!

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

Lianna is one very lcky young lady

Now I am worried that her surgery might have compliations

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Agh scary ending, can't wait

Agh scary ending, can't wait to find out what going on.

Big hopeful hugs

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p