Learning The Truth

Printer-friendly version

 © May 2012

Chapter one: Learning can be painful

    Charlotte sat in the chair at the side of the hospital bed looking at the man her Gran had said so many nasty things about, but Charlotte couldn’t see any of that. All she saw was a sick man fighting for his life with machines helping to keep him alive.

    24 hours ealier

    Charlotte walked in the door after another busy day at work. Her days used to be busy before her grandma passed a couple of months back, but now she was the owner of a very busy company. Charlotte’s Gran had run the company with an iron fist, something that she’d taught Charlotte to do as well. Charlotte dated on and off, but most men knew her to be a bitch, so she had a lot of one night stands, which suited her most the time. Her Gran had tought her that love was for the weak of mind.

    The problem with her Gran passing away meant that her father had tried getting in touch with her for the past month since he’d heard the news. Charlotte hadn’t had anything to do with her father since she was nine. She was now twenty two.

    The reason for Charlotte not speaking to her father was down to the fact he’d driven her mother away when she was only eight. Charlotte only had vague memories of her mother, but she remembered that her mother used to do everything for her. School plays, trips out shopping, trips to the movies. All that suddenly stopped and her mother was gone from her life, and she was left without anyone to show her about growing up to be a woman, that was until Charlotte’s Gran took custody of her when she was nine. Her father never tried to contact her after the day she left, he never even sent her a card on her birthdays, she never heard a word until one month ago when she got a call at her office. She’d tried ignoring his calls to start with, but finally got sick of him not taking the hint and finally ended up taking his call and telling him that he was dead to her, just like he’d driven her mother from her life.

    Charlotte saw the flashing light on her answer machine and groaned thinking it was going to be another message from her father. She thought she’d made it clear the night before when she’d screamed down the phone for him to just go away and die.

    She pushed the play button just to be sure it wasn’t something to do with work. Charlotte knew it wasn’t going to be a friend, due to her not having any, all she did was work.

     “Charlotte, I’d much rather do this face to face, but...” Was all Charlotte listened to before she hit the stop button and deleted it.

     “I like the machine, because I can shut that up.” Charlotte said as she looked at the machine with a smile.

    The call had been from her father’s sister Susan. Charlotte remembered her, but not that well, not until a month ago when she bumped into her aunt coming out of a restaurant in the city. She’d tried talking to Charlotte, but Charlotte had pushed her aside and kept walking out to her waiting car without saying a single word.

    Charlotte slipped her shoes off and then went to take a shower after pouring herself a glass of wine out. She was going to sort out something to eat once she’d had a shower and washed away some of the stress from the day.

*****

    Charlotte had finished in the shower and was looking in the fridge for something to eat when there was a knock on her front door. Not expecting anyone coming to visit, she took no notice and carried on looking through the fridge. Whoever it was were not going away as they just kept knocking and ringing the doorbell.

     “Okay, okay!” Charlotte grumbled as she made her way out to the front door and opened it. “Wonderful! Did he send you here to plead his case?” Charlotte asked when she saw her Aunt Susan stood at the front door.

     “Do you think you could stop channelling your bitch of a Gran long enough for me to talk to you Charlotte?” Susan said angrily.

     “How dare you talk about my Gran like that!” Charlotte snapped back as she tried to shut the door in Susan’s face.

    Susan was ready for this and stopped her. Susan was a much stronger woman than Charlotte, so she was easily able to push the door open and step into the house. “Your wonderful Gran was nothing but a lying manipulative bitch that did all she could to poison you against your father.” Susan said as she slammed the door and stood in front of it with her arms folded across her chest daring Charlotte to try and throw her out the house.

     “Gran didn’t have to do anything!” Charlotte screamed. “I had a mother one day, and then she was suddenly gone from my life.” Charlotte added with anger in her voice. “I hope he dies knowing I hate him.” She growled.

    Susan lost her temper and slapped Charlotte so hard across the face that she had to place a hand on the wall to steady herself while she tried to recover her senses. “Your father is fighting for his life in hospital as we speak. He tried to kill himself last night after talking to you.” Susan said close to tears.

    Even after what she’d just said, she still found it hard to take in what Susan had just said. Trying to cover her shock though, she tried to play down her sudden worry. “I’m sorry to hear that, but I still don’t want anything to do with him.”

     “It’s about time you learned the truth about your mother and what your father did trying to keep you a happy child.” Susan said as she let out a sigh. “Your mother walked out on you and your father when you were two. She never wanted you, and your Gran never liked your father.” Susan explained.

     “Now I know your lying to me.” Charlotte said seeing a flaw in her Aunts logic. “I remember doing things with my mother, like zoo trips and going shopping.”

     “Yes you did go to the zoo, and go shopping as well as many other things, but it wasn’t your mother that took you Charlotte, it was your father pretending to be your mother.” Susan explained.

    Charlotte went to speak, but what Susan just said triggered an old memory of her being with her mum. “Why would he do such a thing?” Charlotte asked looking confused.

     “Your father, Luke has always had a softer side to his nature. Something he spoke to your mother about before they ever got married and had you.” Susan said as she let Charlotte walk her into the living room and take a seat. “Luke later found out that the only reason your mother ever married him was to upset her mother, your Gran.” Susan added looking sad that she was the one to have to tell her this bit of news.

     “Why did he pretend to be my mother though, and then suddenly stop?” Charlotte asked with tears in her eyes as old memories of her doing things with her mother were offset against what her father looked like in the final year before she went to live with her Gran. She suddenly realised that her father did look allot like her mother.

     “He took you out when you were just four, and you saw another little girl with her mother shopping for pretty dresses. You sobbed your eyes out over not having a mummy, so your father started dressing as your mother. He did it for the next four years and became Elisabeth, your mother.” Susan explained

     “So why did he stop, and why did he never talk to me about it?” Charlotte asked looking hurt over the way she’d been treating her father the past month, and the thirteen years before that.

     “Your Gran found out about it and used it against him. Once she had her hooks into you, she saw it as the perfect way to turn you against him over the years until we end up where we are now.” Susan said as she went and sat next to Charlotte and held her while she sobbed.

     “Why did he keep quiet all these years? Why did Gran hate him so much?” Charlotte asked, but not expecting Susan to have an answer.

     “Your Gran said she would have him arrested if he tried to stop her from grooming you to be her replacement. I don’t think she expected to be checking out so soon. With your real mother gone, you were the last chance she had of creating a legacy.” Susan said looking a little too happy about the woman being dead.

     “How’s my dad doing?” Charlotte asked. “How will I ever be able to show him just how sorry I am for all I’ve said and thought over the years?” Charlotte added as she started sobbing again.

     “He’s very ill, but the doctors think he’ll make a full recovery.” Susan said.

     “What happened?” Charlotte asked.

     “He ran a hose from the exhaust to the car in his garage, but the alarm went off and disturbed the next door neighbour before it was too late.”

     “Will he live then?” Charlotte asked with hope in her voice.

     “Yes, but things could have been very different if not for the car alarm going off.” Susan said as she hugged Charlotte.

     “I’m sorry for all the nasty things I’ve said to you Aunty sue.” Charlotte sobbed as she enjoyed the hug her aunt was giving her. This is something that her Gran had never let Charlotte do in all the time she’d lived with the woman, and it felt wonderful to be getting hugs again now from her aunt.

     “It’s almost never too late to fix things honey.” Susan said with a smile. “I just wish that evil bitch of a woman had a heart, that way she might have not driven her own daughter away and then tried to turn you into a carbon copy of her.” Susan said as she held Charlotte in her arms.

     “I can’t believe I almost killed my dad.”

     “It’s not all down to you Charlotte. He’s been struggling for years with what he is, and the fact he’s been unable to do anything about it due to your Gran.” Susan tried to explain.

     “In what way has he been struggling?” Charlotte asked as she sat up and looked her Aunt in the eyes.

     “Your Gran found out what your father was doing and then she found out that he was transgendered and looking into going through transition to become your mother for real, so she got some friends of hers to come up with evidence against him.” Susan explained. “What your Gran didn’t expect was your father loving you more than his need to become a woman, so he stopped dressing as a woman and became your father again. He grew a beard and tried to act like a father should” Susan added.

     “So why did he let her take me away when I was nine?”

     “She had some people plant drugs on him, and threatened to have him locked up if he didn’t sign custody of you over to her. Then she set to work turning you against him.” Susan sighed as she pulled Charlotte back into a hug.

     “Why did he never carry on with his transition after my Gran took custody of me? He could have lived a much happier life by the sounds of it?” Charlotte asked.

     “One of the conditions to him not going to prison on drugs charges was that he never dressed as a woman again for as long as your Gran lived.” Susan said with anger in her voice. “That woman knew just how to destroy his soul by doing that. All the birthday cards and gifts that got returned year after year chipped away at his soul as well” Susan added.

     “He sent me cards and gifts?” Charlotte asked looking shocked to find this out only now.

     “Yes, every year without fail, but they were always returned with some nasty letter taped to the front from your Gran.” Susan said angrily.

     “And I took his last piece of soul when I told him to go away and die last night.” Charlotte said as she broke down in sobs again.

     “But you still have a chance to help heal him again Charlotte.” Susan smiled as she helped Charlotte dry her eyes.

     “I want to do all I can to help him, or her if that is what he wants to become, but first I need to track down who has this evidence against my father.” Charlotte said with anger for what her Gran had done.

     “Do you think you’ll have any luck tracking down the people she gave it to?” Susan asked, not sure if Charlotte would be able to.

     “If she did nothing else, that evil woman tought me how to run her business, and all her little tricks, or so I thought.” Charlotte growled as she thought about all the pain and hate she’d caused over the past thirteen years. “So I don’t need luck Aunty Sue,” Charlotte grinned.

     “Are you ready to go and start making up for the past thirteen year then?” Susan asked as she stood up and held out her hand for Charlotte to get a hand up off the sofa.

     “Yes.” Charlotte smiled as she took her Aunties hand and got to her feet. “Let’s go and see if my father is still interested in becoming my mother.” Charlotte added with a grin.

     “So you’re okay with what your father is then Charlotte?” Susan asked.

     “He’s the only mother I remember having.” Charlotte said with tears in her eyes as she walked off to get a bag put together so she could then go with Susan to see her father, and start the long journey of helping him recover from thirteen years of torture at the hands of the woman she thought to be her strict but caring Gran.

    Charlotte was soon packed and ready to leave. They had to take Charlotte’s car due to Susan taking the train down to London from Leeds. They were soon on the road and heading onto the motorway.

Chapter Two: Am I Dreaming

    Charlotte had gone to the hospital to see her father, and sobbed when she saw him hooked up to machines helping him breath and monitoring him. Susan took her to Luke’s house so she could freshen up before returning to the hospital to sit by his bedside until he woke.

    Susan had taken Charlotte into a small bedroom that had no bed in it, but it was full of unopened parcels. “This is every gift your father brought you and sent to you on your birthdays and Christmas’s.” Susan explained as she let Charlotte step into the room and look at them all.

    Charlotte pulled one of the letters from an envelope taped to the front of one of them and opened it up to read what her Gran had wrote; she knew it was her Gran because of the hand writing. She screwed the letter up in anger as she read the evil words written inside. That was the final proof Charlotte needed to see beyond any doubt that her Gran was an evil bitch of a woman.

*****

    Luke could hear voices talking around him, but he didn’t believe in an afterlife, so he was a little shocked to be feeling anything at all. The last thing he remembered was starting to fall asleep while sat behind the wheel of his car. The words his daughter had told him earlier had broken his heart and left him with nothing to live for anymore, so he’d decided to finally end it all.

     “I think he’s waking up.” Luke heard a female voice say that sounded a lot like his sister Sue.

    Luke opened his eyes and found that it was Susan that had spoken, but the biggest shock for him was the woman stood next to her. “Charlotte? Is that really you, or did I actually get something right?” Luke choked out in a gravely sounding voice, due to all the exhaust smoke he’d breathed in.

     “Hello daddy, or would you rather me call you mummy?” Charlotte asked with tears in her eyes as she stepped over to the bed and took hold of Luke’s hand.

     “I don’t understand what you’re doing here, and how do you know about me pretending to be your mother?” Luke coughed out as he looked for something to drink and help clear his rough throat.

     “Aunty Sue came down to London and knocked some sense into me.” Charlotte smiled as she saw what her father wanted and sorted him out with a beaker of ice water before she helped him sit up and take a couple of sips. “I’m sorry for what I said to you last night daddy, please forgive me, I had no idea what Gran made you do.” Charlotte asked with a pleading tone to her voice.

     “So you don’t hate me then?” Luke asked, still not sure he was awake, dreaming, or dead. “You’re just willing to forget thirteen years of brainwashing and let me be part of your life?” Luke asked as he started sobbing.

     “I know it won’t be easy for us daddy, but I know that what Aunty Sue told me is true, and I can see my mummy in your eyes.” Charlotte said as she broke down and hugged her father as they both sobbed thirteen years of tears. “Aunt Sue showed me the room with all the gifts in it that you’ve bought me over the past thirteen years.” Charlotte added when they stopped crying.

    Luke felt like his heart had finally started beating again after thirteen years. He’d lived through everything that Charlotte’s Gran had done, but hearing his own daughter telling him to go away and Die was too much, and he’d given up, but here he was sat in a hospital bed looking at his very beautiful looking daughter, and she wanted him back in her life.

    Luke had never been a tall muscular man, which was the reason he was able to play such a convincing woman and mother to begin with. Charlotte thought her father looked more like a woman even now than he did a man.

     “I’m so sorry for all that I’ve said to you daddy. I could have killed you.” Charlotte said as she looked her father in the eyes and wanted to cry again.

     “I’m the one that’s sorry for not being stronger and standing up to your Gran.” Luke said as he wiped away a tear running down Charlotte’s cheek.

     “I’m just glad you failed, so we can do something to help us both get over all this, and help you get some proper help.” Charlotte smiled. “You still look as pretty as I remember my mother looking, and I’m jealous of how good your skin looks.” Charlotte pouted.

     “Just because I couldn’t transition, doesn’t mean I couldn’t look after my skin, and I have been taking female hormones for the past several years now.” Luke smiled.

     “How were you able to get the hormones if that evil bitch was stopping you from transitioning?” Charlotte asked looking confused.

     “I made a couple of friends on the internet who were going through transition and they have been helping me out, and Susan became a doctor so she could help me keep the dosage in check.” Luke explained looking a little smug with what they were able to do without Charlotte’s Gran finding out.

    Charlotte smiled at just how smart her father and aunt had been to do anything behind her Gran’s back, the woman never normally let anything get past her. Charlotte was glad she had been a little lax on this issue though.

     “Do you still feel up to being my mother then?” Charlotte asked.

     “You look a little old to need a mother.” Luke smiled as he blushed over the fact he was now laying in a hospital bed talking to his daughter about becoming her mother, and the fact he’d done it for four years before.

     “A girl is never too old to need her mother, and I’ve got thirteen years to catch up on with mine.” Charlotte said with a pleading for Luke to believe her.

     “You’re willing to help me transition and then become your mother?” Luke asked wanting to make sure he understood what his daughter was saying to him.

     “Yes, I want you to finally start living again and become my mother, Elizabeth, and my Gran’s money will pay for all of it.” Charlotte giggled at the joke in what she’d just said.

     “I hope you realise that your Gran will be bending the devils ear about what you plan to do.” Luke grinned.

     “I’m sure the bitch is too busy planning a hostile takeover of hell to be worried about me and what I’m planning to do with her money.” Charlotte grinned. “And I find myself hoping that it’s one take over she doesn’t win.” Charlotte said as she got out her mobile phone and made a couple of calls as she stepped out of the room while she made them.

*****

    Luke was sat up in bed when he saw Charlotte walk back into the room with a couple of hospital porters following her.

     “What’s going on?” Luke asked looking worried.

     “I’m having you moved to a private hospital where you can get well again and also start your transition.” Charlotte said in a ‘you’ll do as I say tone’.

     “I can’t afford private hospitals Charlotte. I don’t even have a job when I leave here.” Luke explained.

     “It’s all covered mother, now stop being stubborn and do as your told and let these nice men get you ready to leave.” Charlotte smiled as she let the nurses and porters get Luke ready to leave this life behind and start a new one as a woman and a mother.

    Luke let the nurses help him get dressed and then one of the porters pushed the wheelchair they had put him in to the entrance while the other porter carried the small bag that Susan had brought with some things in for Luke. Charlotte went with Luke in the ambulance while she let Susan drive her car to the new hospital Charlotte had gotten her father booked into.

*****

    Charlotte called the office the next morning and told them to run things until she returned in a couple of weeks. They were shocked to hear this news, but no one argued with her about it, and Charlotte got to spend some time getting to know her father again, or her mother as she had a team of beauticians come in as soon as Luke was well enough, and Luke was transformed into Elizabeth again.

    Luke sat and relaxed as he had a makeover to end all makeovers and by the time he left hospital a week later he was a she called Elizabeth, well on the outside for the rest of the world to see, and he was also now being seen by a doctor who had now prescribed female hormones and had an appointment booked with a psychiatrist to start talking through his reason for trying to kill himself and also to make sure becoming a woman was what he really wanted to do. Charlotte had also sorted for her new mother to see a doctor and psychiatrist down in London when she took her home with her, and she was also offering Susan a job helping her run the family business with her, just like Elizabeth would be doing once she was well enough.

    It was Elizabeth that left the hospital with Charlotte walking one side of her and her sister Susan walking the other a week later. Elizabeth had a grin from ear to ear as she enjoyed the clicking of the heels she had on her smoothly waxed legs.

     “How do you feel mummy?” Charlotte asked with a grin while hugging Elizabeth’s arm as they walked over to Charlotte’s car.

     “I feel alive for the first time in years.” Elizabeth giggled as she let her daughter open the passenger door and watched as her mother sat on the seat before swinging her legs in like all women did.

    Susan got in the back and Charlotte got behind the wheel and drove them back to Luke’s place so he could pack up the few things Luke had that Elizabeth wanted to take with her, and then they dropped all of Luke’s clothes off at a charity shop before they headed for the motorway and Charlotte’s home, which was now Elizabeth’s home as well. Susan was moving in to one of the apartments that Charlotte’s company owned for VIP’s to stop at when needed.

    They had got all of Susan’s things packed and shipped down while Elizabeth was recovering in hospital, and the house Luke had been living in was a fully furnished rented house, so it was easy getting the things packed up there. Charlotte had spent an afternoon sat in the little bedroom opening every gift her father had sent her, and felt a closer bond with him as she opened each one according to date stamp. Every gift she opened made her smile as it was the thing she’d wanted the most at that point in her life. Charlotte felt closer to her mother with each one.

    Charlotte smiled as she drove the car and watched her mother keep checking her makeup was still okay and then looking at the new nails she had on the end of her much more lady like looking fingers made longer with the now longer claws painted to match her lipstick in a frosted pink.

     “Don’t worry mummy, you still look very pretty.” Charlotte smiled.

     “Say that again please.” Elizabeth asked with a grin.

     “I said you look very pretty.” Charlotte giggled.

     “No, not that, the mummy part.” Elizabeth blushed.

     “I said you look very pretty mummy.” Charlotte repeated the whole saying again.

     “It was one of the hardest things I ever did when I stopped pretending to be your mother.” Elizabeth said as she smiled at Charlotte. “I’ve never met anyone as evil as Margret in all my life.” She added with a shudder.

     “You didn’t pretend to be my mother, you were my mother.” Charlotte said with pride. “The memories I have of my mother is a caring woman who did all she could to make her daughter as happy as every other little girl. And that woman was you.” Charlotte said with a smile.

     “You remember being taken out by me?” Elizabeth asked looking a little shocked. “I thought that Margret would have removed all those memories as part of her brainwashing.” Elizabeth said with anger in her voice for Charlotte’s Gran.

     “She tried to make me just like her, but I just couldn’t be that mean to anyone, and I’ve been running the company my way since she died and profits are up and the workforce are happier for it.” Charlotte said with pride. “My mother taught me to be nice to people, and that was something Margret could never stop me doing.” Charlotte added, no longer calling the woman her Gran.

     “What about your personal life?” Elizabeth asked with a grin.

     “Margret had a little more success in the brainwashing department there mummy.” Charlotte admitted. “But I’m hoping that you will help me turn that around and I can find mister right.” She added with a giggle when she saw the look on her mother’s face.

     “I know I was a male for some time, but if you remember, I made a better job being your mother than I did your father, or a man for that matter.” Elizabeth pointed out.

     “Looks like I’ll have to find you both good men then.” Susan said from the back seat with a grin.

    Elizabeth didn’t want to start talking about dating men while her daughter was sat next to her, even if she was in her twenties now. Seeing that talking about men was making Elizabeth a little uncomfortable, Charlotte and Susan started talking about fashion and this soon had Elizabeth talking again.

Chapter Three: Time to start living

    They finally arrived in London and Charlotte drove straight to the apartment that Susan would be using, just so they could have a quick look around and make sure it would be alright for her.

    Susan was shocked to see how posh and large the place was, but she loved it, and was looking forward to getting out and meeting some new people and maybe the odd man or two.

     “I hope this will be alright for you Aunty Sue? It’s the best one we own.” Charlotte asked as she stood with Elizabeth smiling as she watched her aunt looking in all the rooms smiling.

     “I love the place, but don’t you think it’s a bit big for just me to live in? It must be expensive as well.” Susan said as she walked over to where her niece and sister were stood in the hallway.

     “Thank Margret for it all, she paid for it.” Charlotte grinned as she thought the fact that all the hard work and dirty deals her Gran did, was now helping to improve the life of two people she hated most in the world.

     “All of a sudden I like the sound of that.” Susan giggled, happy to be living the good life off the back of an evil bitch like Charlotte’s Gran.

    They dropped off the last of Susan’s things and then got back in Charlotte’s car and drove over to Charlotte and Elizabeth’s home as it was now. The house had been Margret’s up until she died, but everything that she owned was left to Charlotte, and Charlotte planned to make sure her mother got to enjoy all of it.

     “I hope you don’t mind mother, but I had this room redecorated just for you.” Charlotte said as she led her mother into a bedroom that screamed female, and Elizabeth fell in love with it. “I had some clothes bought for you and placed in the wardrobe, but we will be doing lots of shopping and adding to it.” Charlotte added when she saw her mother open a door and find a walk in wardrobe behind it.

     “I don’t think I ever need to go shopping again. Elizabeth said as she looked around the room full of clothes.

     “You have so much to learn about being a woman my dear sweet sister.” Susan said in a pitying voice as she stepped into the room and wrapped an arm around her. “A woman can never have too many clothes.” Susan added as she put more emphasis on the word ‘never’.

     “Aunt Sue does have a point mummy.” Charlotte said as she hugged her mother from the other side.

    Charlotte helped her mother get changed into something a little more suited for an evening out in a posh restaurant and then she showed her aunt Sue to another room where she had some evening wear for her to change into, and then they all left in a limo once Charlotte had got herself looking ready for an evening of fine dining.

    Elizabeth and Susan both had a wonderful time, and even Charlotte had more fun on an evening out than she ever remembered having before. It became a normal thing for the three of them to go out in the evenings and have a laugh as Charlotte learned stories of her mother growing up, even if most of them were about a boy called Luke, but Charlotte loved to hear them all the same.

    Charlotte managed to track down all the information Margret had on her father and lots of other people as well. Charlotte found out that her Gran was even more evil than she first thought. She showed all the paperwork to her mother and aunt, and they all decided they needed to set things right and help all the people Charlotte’s Gran had blackmailed and hurt, but also they needed to bring the ones to justice that helped Margret do all the damage in the first place. They started with the bent police officers that had helped to torture her mother.

    People were soon being arrested and others were having years of dept wiped out and they even helped some families get back on their feet. And while they did all this, Elizabeth was going to see doctors and psychologists to help her deal with the past and also help her get the help she needed to finally fulfil a dream and become a real woman and mother to Charlotte, even if Charlotte would argue about the mother part, as she already thought Elizabeth to be the perfect mother.

    Elizabeth was helping Charlotte run the company as she transitioned and the two of them were closer than ever. It was on one of the more quiet days in the office when Jane, Elizabeth’s personal assistant said there was a man to here to see her.

     “I’m sorry to bother you Beth, but I have a Mr Samuel here to see you. We called him last week about some dept he had with the company.” Jane explained over the intercom.

    Elizabeth remembered trying to contact him, but she had to leave a message on his answering machine that said he was away at the minute. “Please send him in Jane.” Elizabeth said as she pulled out some paperwork from a draw for Mr Samuel to sign, so she could hand him a cheque for an amount of money that Charlotte’s Gran had blackmailed him out of.

    Mr Samuel burst into the room looking angry and ready to say something to the woman that summoned him to the place that destroyed his family’s business, but when he laid eyes on Elizabeth, he came to a stop and found himself unable to remain mad and say his piece as he looked at the beautiful woman smiling at him.

     “Good day Mr Samuel. May I interest you in a tea, or a coffee?” Elizabeth asked as she stood up and indicated for the man to take a seat on a sofa over near the window, so they could talk in some comfort.

     “No, I’m fine thank you.” Mr Samuel said after he remembered his manners.

     “You may leave us now Jane, and hold all my calls.” Elizabeth smiled at her assistant before watching her leave, closing the door behind her. “Please take a seat so we can talk about your family’s company.” She added as she took a seat to show Mr Samuel she just wanted to talk.

     “I’m sorry Miss Simms, but someone must have miss informed you. I don’t have a family business anymore. In fact I don’t have a business full stop!” Mr Samuel snapped as he turned to leave the room thinking it was just this company’s sick way of playing with people’s lives they had already taken everything from.

     “I want to help you start it back up again.” Elizabeth said just as the man was about to grab the door handle and leave the room again. “I know what was done to you, and I’m helping my daughter right as many of the wrongs Margret Jackson made as we can.” She explained to the back of the man’s head.

    Mr Samuel turned to face the woman again, just to see if she was playing with him, but she looked genuine, and had a killer smile that left Dean Samuel feeling a little weak in the knees as he found himself needing to sit down. “I don’t understand.” Dean said as he looked across at the woman smiling because he’d taken a seat facing her so they could talk.

     “My daughter Charlotte Simms took over the company when her Grandmother died several months back, and since that time we have found out that Margret Jackson was less than proper in the ways she went about her business, and my daughter and I are doing all we can to correct those mistakes.” Elizabeth explained.

     “So Margret Jackson is your mother?” Dean asked, but not seeing any family resemblance thankfully.

     “She was my mother in-law, but we don’t talk about that.” Elizabeth said as she pulled a face that said she hated the woman.

    This made Dean laugh. “Sorry, but I just find it funny that her own family didn’t like her.” Dean mumbled through his hand that he had clamped across his mouth.

     “You may be shocked to know that the list of people that like her as a person is a very short list.” Elizabeth giggled as she picked up a blank piece of paper and showed it to Dean. “See what I mean.” She giggled some more as she showed him both sides.

    Elizabeth had to hand Dean a tissue as he was crying from laughing so hard. “I’m sorry, but you’re the first person in this company that agrees with me about that miserable bitch.” Dean said as he got his breath back and wiped his eyes.

     “I’ve got more reasons than most to hate that woman, and I can’t say I was sad when I found out she was dead.” Elizabeth said with a smile. “She made my life a living hell before she was taken from us.” Elizabeth added with a grin when she thought about all the good they were doing now with money that old goat forced out of people.

     “I’d like to hear about them.” Dean said before he realised what he was saying.

     “I’m sorry Mr Samuel, but I’m not looking for a relationship at the minute.” Elizabeth said as she started blushing as well as looking worried about him showing an interest in her.

     “Who said anything about a relationship? I was just talking about us both grabbing a bite to eat, and please call me Dean.”

     “I’m sorry Dean; please call me Beth, short for Elizabeth.” She smiled as she blushed even more at jumping the gun. “My life is very complex at the minute, and I just worry about people getting the wrong idea about me.” She added looking nervous now.

     “I gather you still need to eat though, so I still leave the offer of dinner on the table.” Dean smiled.

     “Let us talk about the reason for you coming here and then we will visit the meal thing again.” Elizabeth said as she got down to talking about helping Dean restart his family’s business.

    Dean liked what Elizabeth had to say and he was happy to let her and the company help him start up his family’s business again, if only to have a reason to visit with her again. He signed all the paperwork and then he had to wait for Elizabeth to make a call and get Charlotte to come and co sign the check. Charlotte had made sure her mother went down as a full partner in the company with her, just in case there was an afterlife and her Gran was looking down and watching what she was doing.

     “Charlotte will be in shortly and then we can get the cheque sorted out for you.” Elizabeth said as she walked back over to the sofas and took her seat again.

     “Have you thought anymore about having dinner with me?” Dean asked as they waited for this Charlotte to arrive and sign the check.

     “I don’t think it would be a good idea at the minute Dean, but thank you for the kind offer.” Elizabeth said as she tried to let him down gently so as not to hurt his feelings.

    Before Dean could reply to her though, there was a knock at the door and then Charlotte entered the room which stopped Dean from wanting to say anymore as he remembered this woman being with Margret when he lost his company in the beginning.

     “You’re the Charlotte running the company now?” Dean said with anger in his voice as he got to his feet looking nervous about trusting her.

     “Hello Mr Samuel. I’m sorry for how things turned out for you the last time we met, but I hope that my mother has explained everything to you and the fact that I had no idea what Margret was doing to gain control of your company.” Charlotte said looking very calm and collected as she saw how angry the man looked. “That is why I am doing all I can to help you get back on your feet and start up your family business again with our company’s full backing.” Charlotte added as she sat down next to Elizabeth and signed the cheque before handing it over to Dean.

     “Whether you still want to work with us, or just leave now and have nothing more to do with us Dean, that money is yours.” Elizabeth said as she got up off the sofa and then held out her hand to Shake Dean’s.

     “I’m sorry for my outburst Miss Jackson. I can see that you are doing all you can to help the people your Grandmother hurt.” Dean said as he put the cheque in his pocket.

     “Its Miss Simms now, but please call me Charlotte. I don’t want anything to remind me of that woman and what she did to people.” Charlotte explained as she held out her hand to shake Dean’s and show him there were no bad feelings between them.

     “I’d like to keep working with you to get my family business up and running again.” Dean smiled as he looked from one woman to the other. “How else will I get that dinner date from you?” Dean added with a grin as he looked at Elizabeth.

    Charlotte looked at her mother with a raised eyebrow as she watched Dean write all his details on a piece of paper and then hand them over to her. Elizabeth went to say something, but was cut off by Charlotte taking the piece of paper instead. “She’ll be in touch with you Dean, things are just a little busy right now, and it would be hard for her to give you a firm date.” Charlotte smiled at Dean and then gave her mother a look that said ‘don’t say another word’.

     “I look forward to hearing from you.” Dean grinned as he left the room with a bounce in his step that he didn’t have when he entered.

     “Why did you lead him on Charlotte?” Elizabeth asked looking shocked at what her daughter had just done.

     “I think getting out for dinner with him would be a good night out for you.” Charlotte said as she waved off her mother’s worries.

     “How can I date him when I’m not a woman yet?” Elizabeth said through gritted teeth.

     “It’s not dating mum, it’s just dinner with a cute guy, and unless you sleep with all your men on the first date, you should be fine.” Charlotte smiled as she looked her mother in the eyes.

     “I’ve never been on a date with a guy before.” Elizabeth pointed out looking nervous.

     “It’s time to start then” Charlotte grinned. “We need to sort out a date and then we can get you in for a full treatment session at the salon.” Charlotte added as she formed a plan in her head.

    Elizabeth had seen Charlotte like this before, and already knew that arguing with her was a waste of time, but Elizabeth wasn’t sure she wanted to stop Charlotte pushing her to go out on a date with Dean. She felt all warm and tingly inside just thinking about him.

    Charlotte called Susan and then they both dragged Elizabeth out looking for a new dress for the evening and then they booked a full makeover for her, and then Elizabeth was given the task of calling Dean and arranging a night, which she did and then it was just a matter of waiting for the day to arrive,

    The big night finally arrived and Elizabeth was sat on the sofa waiting for the doorbell to ring while wearing a very expensive dress, which was a gift from Charlotte while Susan had paid for the makeover that now had Elizabeth looking as beautiful as she had ever looked and feeling more like a woman than she ever thought possible without having surgery. The dress was in a deep blue and had a plunging neckline to show off the natural breasts Elizabeth now had. Charlotte had talked Elizabeth into buying a waist clincher to reduce her waist and make her ever expanding hips and bust to look even more stunning as it gave her a beautiful hourglass figure. The dress had a slit up the side that showed off one of her long smooth nylon clad legs that ended in a matching deep blue three inch heeled pump. Her hair looked perfect, as did the makeup.

    Charlotte let Dean in when there was a knock at the door, and Charlotte thought Dean looked quite breathtaking in his suit and tie. “Good evening Charlotte, Is Elizabeth ready?” Dean asked as he held a bunch of flowers in each hand. “These are for you, just my way of thanking you for helping to talk your mother into coming out for dinner with me.” Dean added as he handed Charlotte a bunch of twelve red roses.

     “Thank you so much Dean, they are beautiful” Charlotte said as she looked at them just before she caught a stronger smell of them and ended up moving them closer for an even better smell of them. Charlotte found herself wishing Dean was a little younger, then she might have had an eye on him herself, but she was glad to see that her mother was being taken notice of. “Follow me and I’ll take you to her.” Charlotte said as she led Dean into the living room where Elizabeth was just getting up off the sofa to great her guest.

     “Wow, you look... Wow.” Dean said lost as to what would be the right way to describe just how beautiful Elizabeth looked. “These are for you, not that they look fitting for you know I’ve seen you.” Dean added as he handed her a bouquet of twenty four red roses.

     “They’re beautiful Dean, thank you.” Elizabeth blushed as she took the flowers off Dean having never been given flowers before.

     “I’ll sort these out for you mum; I don’t want to keep you kid’s from going out and having some fun.” Charlotte giggled as she almost had to force them to leave. “I want you back by eleven, or I’m grounding you and docking your allowance.” Charlotte teased as she tried to help Elizabeth relax. It seemed to work as Elizabeth looked more relaxed and was smiling when Dean helped her get into his car.

    Elizabeth had a wonderful night and got treated like a lady should all evening. Dean leaned in and gave her a kiss when he dropped her off at the end of the evening, but he never pushed for anymore than that. They went out a couple more times and Elizabeth felt things were getting serious between them, so she sat down with Charlotte and Susan to ask them if she should tell Dean her secret before things got more serious between them.

     “I think I’m falling in love with Dean.” Elizabeth said one night as they all sat around in Charlotte and Elizabeth’s living room drinking wine.

     “You think you’re in love?” Susan giggled. “I’d say you’re the Mayor of ‘I’m in love town’.” Susan added with a grin.

     “Okay, so yes I’m in love with him.” Elizabeth agreed with a silly grin on her face. “I think I need to sit him down and tell him about my past, before we take things any further. I don’t want to risk hurting him more down the line if he can’t accept what I used to be.” She explained to the two of them.

     “As much as I love to see you having so much fun mummy, I think you could be right. It would be best to come clean now and see if he’s okay with you being this way, if he’s not then more fool him.” Charlotte said as she cuddled up to her mother with a loving sigh.

Chapter Four: I need to tell you something

    They decided that it would be best if Elizabeth invited Dean over for dinner and then she could explain everything in the safety of their home, and Charlotte was going to be in her room ready to jump in if things got out of hand.

    The night came of the dinner and Elizabeth was looking more beautiful and feminine than she had ever looked before in a black evening gown that showed off all the curves she now had, and Charlotte had even paid for a service to come and cook and serve the meal before Elizabeth sat Dean down and explained her history.

     “That was a lovely meal Elizabeth, but not as lovely as you though.” Dean said as he sat down on the sofa next to her and pulled her head closer for a kiss.

     “Thank you Dean, but I can’t take credit for the food, but I will pass on your thanks to the chef.” Elizabeth smiled as she tried to compose herself.

     “What is it you need to talk to me about Beth?” Dean asked as he saw that Elizabeth was trying to work out how to tell him something important.

    Elizabeth had gone over how she was going to tell him her story so many times in her head, but now she was looking him in the eyes, she found it so much harder finding the words. “God you’re so beautiful.” She sighed.

     “Is that what you wanted to tell me?” Dean asked with a grin. “You didn’t need to go all out just to tell me that.” He added in a matter of fact way.

     “No, I wish that was the only thing I needed to tell you Dean.” Elizabeth said as her eyes started to fill up with tears.

     “Then what is it my sweet Beth?” Dean asked looking worried as he could see she was close to tears. “Have I done something to upset you?”

     “Oh god no, you have been so perfect, but I need to tell you something that may change everything.” Elizabeth finally got out as she dabbed her eyes to stop her makeup running.

     “Then what’s got you so upset?” Dean asked looking confused.

     “I’m not what I appear to be Dean.” Elizabeth said nervously as she looked down at her lap to afraid to look Dean in the eyes. “Charlotte is my daughter, but I’m not the one that gave birth to her.” She added, hoping that Dean would understand what she was trying to say.

     “What, did Charlotte adopt you or something?” Dean asked still sounding confused.

     “No silly.” Elizabeth giggled even though she was nervous. “I use to be married to her mother, and now I am her mother, and have been for some time.” She finally said as she found the strength to look Dean in the eyes to see what his reaction was going to be.

     “Are you trying to tell me you’re a man?” Dean asked in a calm voice, but Elizabeth could tell that he was close to losing his temper with her.

     “I was born male, but I never thought of myself as a man.” Elizabeth tried to explain. “I tried doing the guy thing and got married, but she left me when Charlotte was just two years old, I started dressing as Charlotte’s mum when she was four, and became her mother for the next four years until Margret found out about what I was doing and the fact she had a granddaughter. Margret forced me to become a man again and then she set me up a year later to get full custody of Charlotte. I spent the next thirteen years circling the drain until Margret died and I got in touch with Charlotte again and one thing led to another and this is where I am, going through a real life test before I have the final surgery to make me a woman.” Elizabeth explained her story to a quiet Dean as he sat looking down at his hands as he balled them into fists.

     “Please say something Dean.” Elizabeth begged.

     “I... I can’t... I just don’t....” Dean said as he got up grabbed his jacket and left the house slamming the door behind him.

    Elizabeth was in floods of tears when Charlotte got to the living room after hearing the front door slam and then a set of car tyres squealing away down the road.

     “He’s left me.” Elizabeth sobbed as she let Charlotte pull her into a hug. “I told him and he just walked away.” She sobbed even heavier.

    Charlotte called Susan and she came over and they both took it in turns trying to consol her, but in the end they had to help get her ready for bed and then they took it in turns keeping an eye on her to make sure she didn’t do anything silly through the night.

*****

    Elizabeth was sat at the kitchen table the next morning pushing a piece of toast around her plate and looking off into space when there was a knock at the front door. Charlotte and Susan just looked at each other, not expecting anyone this early in the morning. Charlotte got up and went to see who it was and got a shock when she found Dean stood there still dressed in the same suit he’d worn the night before and looking like he’d not been home all night either.

     “I’m not sure what you’re doing back here Dean, but before I listen to what you have to say, I need to explain something to you.” Charlotte said sounding like her Gran. “My mother never lied to you, she decided to come clean and explain what she was going through because she loves you too much to hurt you further down the line, but you just walking out last night was the worst thing you could have done.”

     “Have you done?” Dean asked when Charlotte stopped talking and stood glaring at him.

     “Yes, I’ve said my piece.” Charlotte said as she folded her arms across her chest and just looked at him.

     “I got told by the woman I love that she wasn’t born a woman, but is in the process of becoming one, and you all expect me to just accept it and move on.” Dean said as he threw his arms out very animatedly. “Can I please come in and talk to Elizabeth now?” Dean asked with a pleading look.

    Charlotte looked at him again as she tried to weigh up whether she was doing the right thing letting him enter her house, but she stepped aside and let him in after letting out a big sigh. “Take a seat in the living room and I’ll go and get her for you.” Charlotte said as she pointed towards the living room before walking in the direction of the kitchen where she’d left her mother and aunt.

     “Who was it?” Elizabeth asked.

     “It was Dean, and he’s waiting in the living room to have a word with you.” Charlotte said as she helped her mother to stand up and then she walked her to the living room door where they could both see Dean pacing back and forth looking nervous about something. “Shout if you need me mum.” Charlotte smiled just before she hugged her mother and then gave her a shove towards the living room.

    Dean looked over towards the door when he heard a little scurry of feet and he saw Elizabeth almost run into the room, but he saw the way she looked over her shoulder and worked out Charlotte had just given her a shove. Dean took a step towards her, but stopped when he saw her take a step back like she was scared of him.

     “I’m sorry for the way I just got up and left last night Beth.” Dean said as he took a step back to let her see he wasn’t here to start any trouble.

     “Why did you come back? Did you forget something?” Elizabeth asked as she looked around to see if she could see what it might have been that he left behind. “I got the message that you hate what I am, when you walked out.” She added with some anger in her voice at what she was and how she wished more than anything that she could have been born a girl for him.

     “Yes I forgot something Beth.” Dean said with a heavy sigh.

     “Oh, I see.” Elizabeth replied on hearing him say that. “What is it? I’ll help you find it so you can be on your way then.” She added as she walked over to the sofa and pulled up one of the cushions.

     “You won’t find it there Beth.” Dean said as he stepped over to where she was stood and took the sofa cushion out her hands and placed it back on the sofa where it belonged.

    Elizabeth found herself looking up into his eyes because she was a lot shorter than him without any heels on. “What is it you lost then, and where did you last have it?” She asked looking confused as she found it impossible to look away from his face. She wanted to look at his face for as long as she could before he was gone from her life forever.

     “The thing I lost was stolen from me.” Dean said as he looked down at Elizabeth as he watched her face turn to shock at what he was implying, but it wasn’t what Dean had hoped it was.

     “I never stole anything from you Dean! You can think me some sick freak if you want, but I won’t have you calling me a thief as well!” Elizabeth snapped as she stepped back and slapped him across the face.

     “Yes you did.” Dean said in a calm voice as he grabbed Elizabeth by the arms and pulled her back to him as he started kissing her. She tried fighting him off, but soon stopped and then she wrapped her arms around his neck and started kissing him back.

    Charlotte and Susan ran into the room to witness one of the best kisses either of them had ever seen two people share. They looked at each other feeling jealous of the man Elizabeth had found for herself.

     “You stole my heart Beth. I spent all night working it out in my head, and all I could think about is how much I love you, and how you take my breath away and I live for the next time I will get to be with you and make all the other men jealous because I have the world’s most beautiful woman on my arm and in my life.” Dean said just before he leaned down and kissed her again.

     They soon stopped kissing each other when they found Charlotte and Susan clapping, whistling and cheering at them. Elizabeth blushed, but she was giggling as she did it as she let Dean wrap his large arms around her.

     “He still loves me.” She giggled as she buried her head in his chest to stop them all seeing how happy she was. “I need to feed you!” She said as she snapped her head back on hearing his stomach make a groaning sound.

    Dean found himself being dragged to the kitchen and sat in a chair just before she ran off to make a start on a full English breakfast for him. Dean was soon tucking into the breakfast and enjoying it. He thought he loved Elizabeth last night, but seeing her now was like falling for her all over again as he got to see the real her without her guards up.

    Elizabeth never looked back and never regretted handing her heart over to Dean,as Dean had handed his over to Elizabeth, and he was with her all the way through her transition, and he made her his wife just as soon as she was recovered from her surgery to make her a woman.

    The wedding did more than bond Elizabeth to Dean. Dean’s twenty three year old son came to the wedding and he fell head over heels in love with Charlotte and they were married a year later. Dean’s first wife had died when His son Richard was still young, but he to fell in love with Elizabeth, and soon started calling her mum, just like Charlotte did. Not to be left out, Susan got friendly with Dean’s best man and they finally got married when Elizabeth and Charlotte finally convinced Susan that she wasn’t going to find anyone as good as Bill, who was Dean’s best man and best friend.

    Elizabeth came clean with Dean’s son and his best friend, and both accepted Elizabeth for what she was, and very loving and wonderful woman.

    Elizabeth and Charlotte stood looking down at the grave stone and they both smiled as they thought about all the good they had done with the money Margret Jackson had made in her life, and all that remained of her legacy was a name on a headstone. They had changed the company name and helped charities and small businesses to start up and keep going. Dean’s family business was going from strength to strength thanks to it now being part of Charlotte and Elizabeth’s business.

    “You spent thirteen years trying to teach me to treat everyone like they were beneath me Gran, but in the end my mother showed me that love is the way to make people respect you, not fear.” Charlotte said as she took one last look at the headstone before slipping her arm through her mothers and walking away for the last time. They never again went back to see the grave, and they all lived good lives. Charlotte even gave her mum and dad a couple of grandkids, and Susan joined in as well with a niece and a nephew. Elizabeth couldn’t give Dean anymore children, but she made up for it by spoiling the other’s kids and doing a lot of babysitting.

 

The End

    Thank you for taking the time to read this story and I hope you enjoyed it. Comments are nice, but just a kudos is fine, as that lets me know you liked my work as well.

    Hugs and Love

    SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
230 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

As many here are wont to say....

Andrea Lena's picture

...I saw this coming from a mile (1.60934 km) away:

“You stole my heart Beth. I spent all night working it out in my head, and all I could think about is how much I love you, and how you take my breath away and I live for the next time I will get to be with you and make all the other men jealous because I have the world’s most beautiful woman on my arm and in my life.” Dean said just before he leaned down and kissed her again.

and it still left me crying. Thank you, Sara.

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

it left me crying too

even if the daughter's turn around was fast, I still loved it.

DogSig.png

Lovely Story

And as well written as always, with good characters.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Nicole (a.k.a. Itinerant)

--
Veni, Vidi, Velcro:
I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Good story

I enjoyed this story and it was good to see that Sith Master getting her cummupance.

Learning The Truth

Learning the Truth some times can be bad and it can very good too like in this story, And I hope the same thing happens my way in the near future Too!

Richard

I really am a fan of happy endings

And this is as good as I've read lately.

Thank you, Sara. (and SamanthaK of course).

Susie

very

very good story. keep up the good work.
robert

001.JPG

Romance and happy endings suck me in every time Sara...

Ole Ulfson's picture

Even though I could see the direction early on, it was so well done I couldn't stop reading. Wonderful!

Well done. I enjoyed every word,

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

Learning The Truth

Too bad you posted this as single entry, because I can only give you one Kudo!

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Good story

A lovely story, as usual.

Huggs

Jeri Elaine

Homonyms, synonyms, heterographs, contractions, slang, colloquialisms, clichés, spoonerisms, and plain old misspellings are the bane of writers, but the art and magic of the story is in the telling not in the spelling.

Top drawer stuff

Love, honesty and plain out decency won in the end. Reparations being made to the victims, justice meted out to the guilty.
About the only sad things were the years she and her mom lost and that we never know what happened to her birth mom.

If anyone was ruined by that disgusting woman it was her own daughter. She didn't sound mean just a damaged soul who found it hard to sustain a love and did the only thing she could do to flee her mother clutches, that was to run far far away. So sad.

Oh and they should have dug up granny's corpse and put it in an unmarked paupers grave. Nah, corpse desecration. Could have reworked the gravestone to list all her crimes.

But then maybe some of her crimes HAD to stay buried to protect the innocent.

As always memorable characters.

A tad Pollyannaish, this tale, but Pollyanna was a Disney Film classic and I LOVE Happy Disney Endings TM

Your muse is clearly on a hot streak of late, Sara.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

I wish that there could be

I wish that there could be more people like Dean in the world. It's hard to explain how your story made me feel, but I really liked it.

A very good story, a very

tmf's picture

A very good story, a very lovely story, as usual.

as always well written, with good characters.

Peace and Love
tmf

Evil, wicked, and mean!

Granny wasn't so nice, but we had a happy ending anyways!
hugs
Grover

Thank you Sara,

Kudos is not enough,you had me upset and crying but then
gave me a very happy ending.A beautiful story.

ALISON

Like Andrea said...

I saw that coming, but it was still so much fun to read about it happening. A really nice one-shot, very entertaining! Thumbs up!

Wren

So Glad You Changed Your Mind

joannebarbarella's picture

Only a couple of weeks ago you were thinking of giving up writing and posting. Well, this story shows how wrong you would have been.

And I'm a sucker for happy endings,

Joanne

Nice convoluted scene setting...

...unusual and attention-getting, but that's not all; this is a potential real-life situation that could make a full length feature movie. Now that the film industry is loosening up.... I wish you success in its future. Love Ginger xx

Happy Endings

Teek's picture

I wish revealing the past, and the truth about oneself would always bring happy ending. I am happy that in some places, like this story, it does.

Keep Smiling and keep writing.

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek

I knew....

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

I knew exactly what Dean lost. had stolen.
But I reveled in the scene as it unfolded anyway.

Such an unhappy beginning yet a happy ending.
If only it could work out so more often.

Good story.

When ev’ry story plot . . .

Emma Anne Tate's picture

. . . ends in a wedding knot! A fine tale of karmic Justice, with love rewarded, evil vanquished, an a happy ending for all the deserving! Thank you. :)

And, thanks to Stella for the recommendation!

Emma