Take Your Daughter to Work Day

Printer-friendly version

Of course it’d have to be on a “Take your daughter to work day” that we visit this factory. Of course, for me every day is “Take your daughter to work day.” I’m surrounded by small and big girls eager to ask me lots and lots of questions while my mother does what presidential candidates do. I hate having to participate in my mother’s campaigning but that’s Mother for you. Whatever can be useful not only can be used but MUST be used.

Once more I field the same embarrassing questions from the assorted girls, and a fair number of boys in dresses and skirts. Some of them can pass, some can’t. Not like me. Not only do I have the small dainty body for it but I’ve had the best help money can buy to be as feminine as possible.

You’ve got it. I’m the famous/infamous transgender daughter of The Party’s nominated presidential candidate. The one that was trailing badly in the primaries until she revealed she had a transgender daughter. The absurdly exaggerated attacks on transgender children by the other party had created a back-lash that Mother rode on to get the nomination. Of course, that meant I had to be an integral part of the campaign.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m good at it, VERY good. Everyone says so, even Mother. I do baby-kissing. I do being kissed. I’m cute. I give interviews in all kinds of media. I look adorable, I say exactly the right things all the time and come over as the perfect girl any parent would be proud of. Sometimes I feel it’s me that’s running for the title of All-American girl instead of Mother for president.

I can live with that. I can also live with the expensive, yet deceptively simple dresses and skirts I have to wear all the time. What I have a problem with is that the campaign is trying to give the not so subtle impression that I and the son of the vice-presidential candidate have a “thing”. The two perfect teen-age kids making the perfect couple. The all-American boy, the baseball and track and field star and the cutest little all-American transgender girl.

At first I was surprised that the rather conservative vice-presidential candidate (balancing the ticket you know) got along with it. That was before I realized that, like Mother, he’d do ANYTHING to get elected.

Well, anyway Paul is fun, intelligent, generous and just too damned NICE. He’d never stand up for himself. Least of all to his narrowminded, opinionated, authoritarian father. Oh god, if elected let my mother survive her presidency!

So, as I said, Paul could never be my boyfriend.

As I write my umpteenth autograph, I look over at handsome and genuinely nice Paul who’s doing the same thing and think that it’d be a completely different thing if it really was I that was transgender and not she.

up
171 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

No Surprise

Well, for those who know me.

Miraculous

Dee Sylvan's picture

Now just wait until Mom wins the Presidency and her daughter is 'cured'. It was just a ploy, albeit a successful one that turned around the election. The Left will look like hypocrites if they withdraw their support but the Right will rejoice to show the world what is 'really' happening with these 'people'. Oh what a tangled web we weave... :DD

DeeDee

Short term expediency

I think Mother has chosen not to consider any exit strategies.
Time enough to bother about that when/if necessary.

Fifth Time Reading the Last Sentence

BarbieLee's picture

Bru, my pet, of course you understand what a double negative is. Not two negatives messing up a sentence but a true double negative. She's looking left when she should be looking right but was turned around. Thus our fair maiden is looking in the right direction when she isn't.
Double negatives take time to understand if one is on the wrong thought train.
Momma's transgender daughter is her ticket to the Oval Office.
Daddy's All American son is his ticket to the vice Presidential Suite.
Romantic interest between daughter and son is a booster to the ambitions of momma and daddy. Wouldn't want to break up the romantic interest if one got elected and the other didn't.
Lies, deception is easy to cover up if one is Top Dog along with vice Top Dog
Nothing to see here, move along, these aren't the droids, I mean story you're looking for.
Hugs Bru, exceptionally well done
Barb
Life is meant to be treasured as a gift until it's time to return it.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

A double negation is a position, isn't it?

Reading your comment and Dorothy's below I realised that I'm already compensation for writing short stories since you have to read them more than once to figure out what is there.

So this wasn't a 500 word story, it was a 2000 word story ;)

And of course Mother wouldn't dream of characterising herself as top dog.
Since she's female it should be top bitch.

Double Negatives

Daphne Xu's picture

As I recall, Barb, this isn't the first time you got stymied over double negatives. (It's usually with triple negatives or worse, when I have to be really careful to ensure that I don't make a sign error.)

Nice to learn that I wasn't the only one repeatedly reading that last sentence, though.

-- Daphne Xu

Hugs Daphne

BarbieLee's picture

Long time no see, girlfriend. You know we don't have to meet around a cup of hot chocolate to try and decipher Bru's convoluted mind. I'm just happy she isn't a scientist mixing up cocktails for the human society. They closed the Red Dog Salon but the Red Bull opened up last year and I hear it has a pretty good live band Fri and Sat nights. I think it was Angela or one of the girls mentioned it was okay? How about three weeks from this coming Sat? We can slice and dice Bru and all the others while we drown our sorrows in a couple Texas Twisters.
Wear your almost there red cocktail dress. The one Bru gave you and set the place on fire. She offered to give me one like it in purple but on me it was more wasn't there than almost there. I learned to hate that girl years back and nothing has changed.
Hugs Daphne
Barb
The young man climbed for days to reach the top of the mountain seeking wisdom from the old Sage, known for giving only one answer to each individual who asked a question from him.
"Oh wise one, impart to me wise advice."

Sage, "Okay, at the bottom of this mountain is a telephone. You could have called me."

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Beware!

Believe it or not but I'm working on a longer story. I might even finish it sometime. However, since it looks like turning out to be something like 20 000 words plus (and not the 200 000 I had intended to hit you all with) reading that several times may take some time :)

A Bit Confused

Daphne Xu's picture

I think that I see that the narrator is a cisgirl, with a lying and oppressive Mother. However, is the VP candidate's son, the all-American baseball, track, and field star a deep-closeted M2F transgirl? Or is s/he a well-kept-secret F2M transboy?

I have to admit to pessimism about this election's field of candidates.

-- Daphne Xu

Almost

Well, actually you might be right, as usual my writing is open to more than one interpretation. I always look forward to interpretations I hadn¨t intended.

However, here is how was thinking:
Very ambitious and desperate female politician with son already very much looking like a girl presents him as a transgender girl. Gasp, a dishonest politician! While most politicians at least start out as honest and commited there are some rotten apples.

The person that really is M2F dare not confront his/her father.

You despair about the field of candidates? You haven't met the other side yet, (evil laughter)

The Other Side

Daphne Xu's picture

"You haven't met the other side yet, (evil laughter)." My vision of the other side is the source of my despair.

-- Daphne Xu

Glad to see...

Rose's picture

I'm glad to see I arrived at your conclusion. It did take a bit. I also considered that the mother might be the trans person.

Signature.png


Hugs!
Rosemary

Well...

All tags and keywords are correct. The first 95% of the story is clear. The last 5% strike through everything I've understood so far. Very Bruish. Good job. Though don't understand who's who.

Spelled out

The narrator is a cis boy who his mother presents as M2F for political reasons and for that reason wears skirts and dresses.
The vicepresidential candidate's son really is M2F but dares not tell his father

Thsank you so much for this

Another wonderful tale with that Bru-tal twist at the end, only from the mind of Bru!
Huga!
Diana

Thank you

even if it appears that I'm Bru-talizing you.