Where did I go Wrong - Again!

Printer-friendly version

The encounter with Carl Delaforge in "Commutation" was a bit depressing so let’s cheer up and revisit the family from “Where did I go wrong?”, only two years later. If you haven’t read that story this will contain spoilers.

I was not feeling very well coming down into the living room that Saturday morning. What I saw there did NOT make me feel any better. The room was a mess! A ridiculously short, and expensive looking, sparkly blue dress on the floor. On the same floor some flimsy lace black thong panties featured prominently. Black 5 inch heel shoes thrown around, one on the floor, the other in an armchair. A bra, that matched the panties in material, color and sexiness, in the other armchair. Stockings, and garter belt draped across the back of the couch. A couch that by all evidence had been used to have wild, wanton sex on. Fortunately I couldn’t see any stains and the used condom had missed the carpet, Who could be responsible for this?

Cheryl? No, she’d never wear five inch heels. Wait, five inch heels? Michael!!!

I was furious. How could he do something like this? OK, so he’d been dating Roland for two years now but I hadn’t realized that they’d starting having sex. No big deal but I was disappointed that he hadn’t felt comfortable sharing this with me. Where did I go wrong?

Well, that didn’t really matter. No way was he going to act in this wanton way in our living room! I stormed up the stairs and into his room. I wasn’t concerned about his privacy not after what he’d done.

As I stormed in he woke up and sat up in the bed. There should be a law forbidding anyone to look that perky and pretty when just waking up! Especially someone that still claims to be a boy, albeit on blockers. Even the hair, while ruffled, was gorgeous. How does he do it? Hey wait that wasn’t why I was there. Focus!

When I accused him he just looked at me with big, innocent, bright blue eyes that I envied him no end. He absolutely denied being responsible or in any way involved in the mess downstairs. He hadn’t even had sex with Roland yet!

Michael is a good boy. It wasn’t he who’d had sex on the couch last night. He almost never lies. Not that he doesn’t try to evade or hide things but he almost never lies. He’s a terrible liar. That’s why I now know he’s no longer a virgin. But that is a conversation I will have with him later. If not Mike, then who?

Peter??!!!

Not sweet innocent fifteen year old Peter? He hasn’t even started dating. Could he so depraved? Could he be the kind of boy that drops his panties for the first handsome guy he meets? Oh no! Where did I go wrong?

Tears flowing I slowly descended the stairs again only to find my husband trying to remove the evidence of my second son’s debauchery.

- Hello Clive. No need to cover up. I’ve already seen it.

- Sorry Darling. I had hoped to clear up this mess before you woke up. How are you feeling today.

- Terrible! Not only do I find that Pete has had wild, wanton, debauched but protected sex on the couch but on top of that I have a headache and an upset stomach.

- Darling, what do remember of yesterday?

- Not much really. I must be more ill than I realized.

- So you don’t remember being dressed in that scandalous but very sexy dress and already slightly tipsy when I got back from work?

???

- You don’t remember telling me that you were tired of having your son looking more sexy than you and having more fun on Fridays than you?

- Nooo.

- Do you remember the rather wild place we went to and the raucous burlesque show?

My memory started coming back. Unfortunately. I vaguely remembered how I had tried to get onto stage to participate in the burlesque show.

I also remembered what Clive and I did when we got back. Where did I go so wrong? My sweet, innocent Peter was innocent! He’s still my sweet innocent Peter! He’s a good boy.

Clive on the other is not so sweet and innocent but yesterday he was exceptionally GOOD!

up
185 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Don't say I didn't warn you!

BarbieLee's picture

Okay Darling, Texas Tornado, or the Cactus Twister? Or were you trying them all out the other night? Don't try and deny this puppy came straight out of your autobiography. How come I have never seen this hot, sexy, sparkly, little blue dress? I offered you the loan of my denim mini skirt and you hide this dress from me knowing I would have killed in order to get a chance to wear it out? Don't expect to borrow my white leather skirt and jacket any time soon. Why am I the last to know about these wild dates of yours???

By now you know the drill, tell your driver to NOT stop by Monday because I am NOT riding to work with you. I'm beginning to think you do these things on purpose so you won't be bothered picking me up in the mornings. These wild abandonment's of yours are driving me crazy. I keep thinking a little more maturity and you'll grow out of it, but you seem to be getting worse. If you didn't own your own company, I'd call your boss. All because it would be for your own good You know I love you anyway.

I have three describing your antics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubwr6_KNons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL49I1CBHmc
Patty Loveless Blame It On Your Lyin' Cheatin' Heart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eopNLWRW0IM
always,
Barb

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

I think you had too much Badoit so you probably don't remember

but I DID offer to lend you the little blue sparkly dress.

As to the partying that night it was strictly a twosome thing so I knew you wouldn't be interested. Besides, I had been hitting the coke a bit too hard as well. A full can of it, and it wasn't diet!

Yer Yanking My Chain!

BarbieLee's picture

Badoit Sparkling Natural Mineral Water, 11.1 Fl Oz, 20 Count
$21.63
Walmart

Wus it the bubbles or the price I got drunk on? I can't seem to remember
Barb

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Hugs Karen

BarbieLee's picture

Yes Sweety, I was born and raised on a red dirt dairy farm, My babies and dolls were baby calves, kittens, and even a pet skunk I bottle raised. By the time I was six I was driving tractors. By eight everyday started at 4:30. I was loading silage into the trailers to feed the cows and help milk before school. Summer meant long hot days chopping cotton, ridding tractors from before daylight to after dark, loading hay. I loved school as it was vacation. School meant eight hours everyday I wasn't kissing a cow, wadding ankle deep in cow manure, or crying my heart out because I couldn't save a baby calf. We had horses, sheep, pigs. Everyday began at 4:30 and sometimes didn't end until two or three in the morning. I learned there is a world of difference between city kids and farm kids and city kids didn't belong on a farm where the first thing they did was get hurt.

I'm back where I belong even though except for the chickens, cats, and old useless dog, all the livestock are gone. I still have daddy's tractors and I'm farming the land I was born and raised on. When one of the tractors breaks down or the equipment breaks, I wonder why I'm doing this. And the answer is simple. This is home, I was raised here running barefoot and half naked in the gentle spring showers. I grew up crying over the babies I couldn't save and killing the critters that wanted a free lunch. This land doesn't belong to me, I belong to it. Daddy died on this farm. God willing, I will too.

Love you hon, cherish life and save the good memories to dust off and enjoy. One day we will no longer be out there in a snow blizzard trying to save the babies. That's when we understand this life was a gift no matter how bad it got or how much we complained at the time.
always,
Barb

PS: I'm an Okie, Sweety.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Over a thousand hits and only one comment (me)

BarbieLee's picture

Bru doesn't count since he-she was returning the volley I sent her way. The lady is an excellent twisted or twisted tail writer. A little encouragement is all she receives in the way of payment for her warped mind to make contact with her fingers and give all of us another version of her life. Personally she is a real sweetheart even if no one can figure her out.

You've always commented on her dementia kinda warped tails before. What gives?
Life is a gift. Treasure it until it's time to return it.
always
Barb

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

There are some stories that

There are some stories that are simply good stories and you may say "Oh, it's good one!" or even "Oh, it's amazing one!" but that's the same. You try to press the kudo the second time but it doesn't work and well... there is nothing more to tell especially when that mentioned above hot sexy sparkly little blue dress is not my size.

Marilyn Monroe and me

BarbieLee's picture

We wore-wear the same dress size. Wish I had some of the dresses she had. Sure as heck would impress the cows wouldn't it? Ahhh, we all struggle with wants, things we saw and can't have. Bru still hasn't coughed up the sparkly little blue dress yet so I can see if it fits. She was Lady Adelli when I met her in Crete. Bitch looked a whole lot better than me in that little black number she was pretending was a dress. I'd ask to borrow that one too but I wouldn't be brave enough to wear it out in public. If you have the nerve you might ask to borrow her black dress. Be sure to tell her it was the one she wore in the casino in Crete. The girl lives in a mansion. All the closets are stocked with her..., um..., his clothes.
always,
Barb

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Another Sequel!

Daphne Xu's picture

Bru has written another sequel!

So precisely where did Mom go wrong? Probably once she got overly intoxicated, enough to awake with a serious hangover and amnesia about what she'd done the previous night. Perhaps she'd prefer not to remember...

-- Daphne Xu

Fermented memory blocker

Jamie Lee's picture

Short of getting hit in the head, and losing memory for a short time (been there done that) liquid fermented memory blockers are better dealt with than a lump on the head.

Both produce headaches but the second hurts less when being administered. Unlike the second, a hit on the head doesn't usually cause an unleashing of inhibitions which only after the fog clears, causes an OMG.

Mom's fog cleared enough to finally remember who used the couch and why. Her children got blamed for their impromptu romp in the couch.

This story is another home run.

Others have feelings too.

A Lot of Fun

Daphne Xu's picture

So her memories were jiggled, and returned to her. She might hold back on the wine just a bit. One doesn't want to jump to conclusions and falsely accuse someone. It also decreases her performance when jumping on her husband -- preferable to jumping to conclusions.

-- Daphne Xu