I Never Promised You a Rose Garden

Printer-friendly version

This story was written and published in April 2015, i.e. before DT announced his candidacy.

Washington DC, December 30, 2024.

The President of the United States of America stands looking out through a window in the Oval Office. She’s thinking about the events since her announcement the day after the election in November. She is still amazed and appalled how fast things moved since then. The pace has been unprecedented. How could so many so-called friends and allies, many of them in congress only through her support, turn against her like that? She had been a very successful president for 8 years and now this!

Under her presidency the economy has grown at the highest pace for 50 years. Even the poor had benefited. America is stronger and more respected around the world than ever. Crime rates have fallen drastically. Practically everyone agrees that the US is a better place to live in than 8 year ago. All this counts for nothing! She admits to herself that she had counted on the fact that she’d leave the White house in January to keep them from going after her. How wrong she had been! And how can anyone claim that it's a question of treason or high crime?

An aide opens the doors:

“Madam President, the Senate is about to start the impeachment vote.”

As she turns around she thinks
“Well, at least I am the first woman POTUS, though very few knew it when I beat Hillary back in 2016. Even if they kick me out now that they know I will always have that satisfaction”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is pure fiction and not intended to portray any actually possible event. Even though I can't deny that I like comments I had intended to block comments on this story since it may incite someone to write a something that someone else finds provoking ... and so on. Unfortunately I couldn't find how to do it so please refrain from any political comments!

up
167 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This is good as far as it goes, but,

This could be lengthened so we know why the President is being impeached and what the circumstances of her departure from the White House could mean as far as job growth and economy.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Not very successful experiment

I tried writing a story where things were implied rather than told straight out. I was apparently not very successful.
So here's the back-ground: Male beats Hillary Clinton in 2016. After 8 very successful years as president (s)he announces that she is transgendered and lots of people,especially former allies, want to punish her "traitorous act" and impeach her rather than wait for the term to end.

I got that

littlerocksilver's picture

Interesting. All that means is we've gone backwards instead of forward. So what else is new?

Portia

High Crimes and Misdemeanors

Although high crimes sounds like something that occurs while under the influence, they're normally actions which damage societal order. Since you seem to say the president did a good job as an officeholder that would lead me to believe that Congress was going to try to prove that being a transgendered leader damages how things should be.

That is a very interesting concept. Monica-ing is okay. Lying is okay. Leading us into war under false pretenses is okay. But correcting your gender while in office is impeachable. Where is Sam Ervin when we need him?

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Another View...

"An impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history…" Congressman Gerald Ford, 1970, in support of a proposal to impeach Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas.

Ironic: if the Senate does indeed convict her on December 30, 2024, her vice-president is likely to become the second female POTUS, for the remaining three weeks before the 2024 winner takes over. Some folks think that the GOP will need a woman running-mate to balance their ticket if Hillary Clinton becomes the Democratic candidate.

(There's always a lot of talk in December after a new president is chosen about transition. The term figures to get a lot more mileage this time…)

Eric

almost understood

But I am from the UK! Following a recent topic on here, she could also be impeached for using the wrong gender bathroom

False Indentity Documents?

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

Some think that claim might be applied to someone else too!

This will undoubtedly be an

This will undoubtedly be an issue even in the 22nd century when it comes to society, political or otherwise. So many bonehead pols out there and so little time to make them see reality in its purest form.

Bravo

I would say you achieved your goal, actions and reaction are implied, just the specifics are not stated.

Be careful

You are poking fun at the jock mentality,numb nuts,asshole,average american male.

I was scared.

Daphne Xu's picture

I was scared that she was continuing in office after her two-term maximum was over. It took a couple of rereadings to realize that it was because she had come out as TG just after the election.

Now, imagine Donald Trump coming out as TG.

-- Daphne Xu