Difference

Printer-friendly version

Three 12-year old boys sit in the Headmaster’s office. John, Harry and Tom have come to school dressed as girls as a prank. Not surprisingly their teacher sent them to the Headmaster.

Headmaster (sighing): John and Harry, isn’t this a rather childish prank? I won’t spend time telling you how much trouble you are in now. Do you realise how stupid you look in your ridiculously short skirts? And your make up! Was it on purpose you did it to look like cheap whores? Go home, wash, change and come back. I will contact your parents.

The two boys leave smiling (though they wouldn’t be if they had realised that a severe breach of the dress code on top of their previous breaches of school rules could lead to their expulsion), their underwear clearly visible under their extremely short skirts.

Headmaster: Tom, why are you still here? Go back to class!

Tom: But Sir, aren’t you going to send me home?

Headmaster (smiling): Why should I? Your skirt is within allowed length and you have no make-up. Make-up isn't allowed as you know. Actually, I don’t understand why you were sent here in the first place.

up
331 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

so the question is did he do

so the question is did he do it it as a prank and it backfired on him or did he do it because he likes it and wants to do it more

Explaining Jokes...

It's always dangerous to try to explain a joke, especially when it's someone else's joke and you may not be seeing it the way they meant it, but caveats aside, here my best effort...

See, it's like this. The school has an impartial dress code which doesn't explicitly have separate regulations for girls and boys, only standards for the clothing items in question. The two boys were sent home for blatant violations of it. To wit, makeup (which is not allowed, on any student, excessive or otherwise), and overly (underly?) short skirts.

Tom's mistake, and it seems it was a big mistake, as he is now all alone without his buddies, was to accidentally conform to the school's dress code. So, no. The Principal has no legitimate reason to send him home and Tom is clearly worried about being ridiculed now that the big yucks are over. Oops.

100/100

You said it much better than I would have!

Underly?

Daphne Xu's picture

"Underly" short skirts? As in skirts that aren't short enough?

-- Daphne Xu

I like the concept

Would you mind if I use it in a future story?

Bru

Very Funny, but Good !

This is a very clever joke. Well written, and even though one might have expected something like the punch line, the last line that made us laugh and resolved the tension, it still came as a Surprise !

Bru, that was great. It is probably far too much to ask, but it would be really nice and great fun to read what comes next for the wee laddy now in a dress. More laughs ?

Briar

Okay...

Jamie Lee's picture

...so how does Tom's life progress in and outside of school?

And why did the Headmaster tell Tom he is at the wrong school?

Hmmm...seems to be at lot more that needs written. This is a good beginning.

Others have feelings too.

Tom's story...

Should be continued, at least for that day and Tom's experience.

If you don't, would you be open to someone else writing. I am not think me, but like the possibility

Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Me thinks Master Tom may have

Me thinks Master Tom may have had a little help becoming Miss Tommi, as she pulled it off so nicely. And Brava for her doing so.

Well, since the start of the

Brooke Erickson's picture

Well, since the start of the story says that all three did it as a prank, I think the joke is on Tom.

Since he did it "properly" he gets to live with the consequences for the rest of the day.

The telling point will be how he feels at the end of the day.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

A little side issue!

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

Besides the usual,
I also wonder about the teachers reaction when Tom gets sent back to class.

This is one of those stories that makes a great standalone,
yet would be a good intro chapter for a longer story.

>i< ..:::

~giggle~

dawnfyre's picture

I love this.


Stupidity is a capital offense. A summary not indictable.