Family Business Part 12

Printer-friendly version

Luke pulls up in front of the Courtyard to pick Mrs. Bounty up. He had received a text message from her. He spots Gina Bounty walking out to his car. He gets out and opens the passenger back door for her.

Gina spots Luke Winter holding open the passenger door of his black Mercedes-Benz S-Class for her. He was also one of her father’s agents that operated out of Washington D.C. and an amateur race car driver as well. Before he came to work for her father, he uses to be a Lt. Commander in the United States Navy.

“Long time, no see, Luke.” Gina likes Luke a lot.

“HI, Mrs. Bounty. I heard you were in town.” Luke had a few Lyft and cab driver buddies. He also had a few connections that worked at the airport as well.

Gina stops and looks at him with a surprised look on her face “Oh?”

“Yes.” A playful look appears on his face.

“I should have known.” Gina gets into the car.

Luke closes the car door and walks around to the driver's side and gets in. Once he was buckled in. He looks at Gina through his rearview mirror “were too, Mrs. Bounty?”

“60 Wolfe St, Alexandria, VA., please.”

Luke taps the address into his cellphone and once the directions come up. He starts driving towards the location. As he is driving “how long are you to be in Washington D.C., Mrs. Bounty?”

“I’m not sure, Luke. How is your family?” Gina knew Luke had twin girls and his wife worked for the government.

“They are doing fine. My girl’s birthday is approaching, and my wife has been promoted at work.” Luke was proud of his wife. She was finally getting the recognition she deserved. Her ex-supervisor use to steal her ideas.

“How old are your girls now?” Gina couldn’t remember how old they were.

“Going on fourteen years old. I never knew teenage girls could be so dramatic about things.” Luke loved his girls a lot, but sometimes they were so sensitive about how they look and what they wore.

“You have to remember, Luke. Girls have a lot of pressure on them in society. There’s so much out there that defines how they should look or act. Also, girls are social creatures and we want to be accepted by our friends.”

“Speaking of girls. How is your daughter doing?” Luke knew about Gina’s daughter Arabella.

“Her body is starting to change, and she just recently had her first period. She was at school when it happened.” Gina knew Arabella felt so embarrassed when she got her first period.

“Oh, man. That happened to my girls. It was their last class of the day when their period started.” Luke remembers getting a phone call from his wife asking him to pick his daughters up.

“Arabella had hers in the middle of the day. I had to take off work and pick her up. She knew what had happened to her.”

“I’m glad I never had to experience anything as your girls do.” Luke had a smile on his face.

“Yeah, you guys are so lucky,” Gina remembers back to when she had been kidnapped and experimented on by Dr. Horst Blome.

He and his sadistic assistants had operated on her and several other runaway kids. Even after all these years, she wished her father hadn’t killed him so fast, but made him suffer. She looks out the window as Luke drove her to Wolfe St.

After twenty minutes, Luke pulls up in front of a nice townhouse. He noticed the townhouse was in a nice area and that it faced the river.

“Well, we’re here, Mrs. Bounty. Do you want me to wait around or come back to pick you up?”

“No, I’ll be fine. Tell your wife and daughters I said hello.”

“I will.” He gets out of the car and walks around to open her car door.

Gina climbs out of the car and hands Luke a fifty-dollar bill.

“You don’t need to do this, Mrs. Bounty.” Luke was a little reluctant to accept the money.

“I know, take your daughters out and buy them some new outfits or something.” Gina knew she didn’t need to pay Luke. All her father’s companies had an account with him.

“I will and thanks.” Luke accepts the money.

60 Wolfe St, Alexandria, VA.:
Mouse managed to sneak away from everyone to check her email. She also accesses MI 6 database to search for Asher. Through MI 6 she had access to the United States Criminal Database as well. She didn’t find anything on Asher at all in the criminal database, which meant she has never been arrested before.

She did however find the porn videos Asher had made with her friend and streamed herself. She bookmarks them and makes a mental note to bring them to her mother’s attention. Speaking of which, she sends an email to her mother about Asher and Zoey. She gives a brief description about them and suggests that Zoey might be better protected in England under her care, then left here in the states and the government
learning about her unique gift.

She disconnects from the internet and heads back downstairs. As she is walking down the stairs, she hears the front doorbell ring. She accessed the front door camera system and notices it was her cousin Gina standing outside.

Marshal Weather was walking by the foyer of the townhouse when he hears the doorbell ring. He walks towards the front door and accesses the monitor built into the mirror that was posted near the front door. Mouse had informed him that it recorded everyone at the door and when they walked into the townhouse. He could also use it to see who was on the other side of the door.

He accesses the mirror and spots a young Asian woman dressed in a light color blouse and dress slacks. She had a black purse with her, that hung from her left shoulder. He wonders who she is and what she wanted.

“Go ahead and let her in.” Mouse had reached the bottom of the stairs and spotted Chris at the front door.

“Who is she?” Chris was curious.

“She’s my cousin, Gina Bounty. Her father owns this townhouse.” Mouse looks at Chris.

“Can she be trusted?” Chris wasn’t in a trusting mood lately.

“Let’s put it this way. If she wanted to, she could override the security system and come in here and pretty much kill all of us.”

“What is she?” Chris had a hard time imagining that young Asian woman doing something like that.

“She’s the CEO of Chaos Armor System and their Private Security division. She’s also been trained by her father, my uncle who has the
nickname The Devil’s Bounty Hunter. So, I would let her in.” Mouse knew Gina wouldn’t do anything so drastic without seeing if it was safe inside.

“Okay.” Chris opens the front door and smiles at Gina.

Gina watches as the front door opens and an older man in his early thirties late twenties opens the door for her. He was dress in a pair of blue jeans, a dress shirt, and a pair of worn cowboy boots. She also spots her cousin Mouse standing behind the guy as well.

“Hi, I’m Gina Bounty. I’m here to see my cousin Mouse.” Gina holds her hand out to Chris.

“I’m Chris and she’s standing right here behind me. Please come in.” Chris shakes Gina's petite hand. He moves aside to let her walk past him. He doesn’t see how she could be so dangerous.

She looked like she could be the girl next door or a young mother. He had to admit, she had a nice figure and a sweet-sounding voice when she spoke. He closes the front door behind her when she enters.

Gina spots her cousin Mouse standing a few feet away from the front door. She walks over to her and hugs her.

Mouse returns the hug and holds her cousin. After a few minutes, she releases her.

“What have you gotten yourself into?” Gina looks into Mouse’s eyes.

“I promise, it’s not my fault. It’s his and Zoey’s fault.”

“Who’s Zoey?” Gina had a puzzled look on her face as she looked at Mouse.

“Come on, I’ll introduce you to everyone. Oh, by the way. That is US Marshal Chris Weather. He’s protecting Zoey.” Mouse escorts Gina to the kitchen where the kids and Lilly were.

“Okay.” Gina wonders who Zoey is and why is a US Marshal protecting her.

Chris follows behind Gina and Mouse as they walk towards the kitchen.

up
183 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Enter the Bounty's

Samantha Heart's picture

One Mouse has FULLY breffed Gena I'm sure she will have questions for Zoey & Marshal Weather as well. If ANYONE can help find the mole it's Morgana & her crew.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Marshal Weather

Appears to be prone to making snap judgements about people based on the way they look. That's going to bite him in the ass one day.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Don't go just by looks

Jamie Lee's picture

Chris needs to revamp his judgement abilities, thinking Gina didn't look dangerous. He hasn't heard the stories of others making the same mistakes and ending up on the pointy end of the stick.

Others have feelings too.