Family Business Part 4

Printer-friendly version

Mouse was enjoying the drive back to New York. She woke up early and checked out before she had to. She could have extended her stay, but there were other things she wanted to do. A smile appears on her face as she thinks about the men she played against at the other casino.
They couldn’t believe a little ole girl like her could beat them. She walked away from that game with close to forty thousand dollars.

One player had given her a dirty look when she won the last hand with a royal flush. He had a good hand and would have won if she hadn’t had the royal flush in her hand. It doesn’t take her long to arrive back at her uncle’s condo in New York.

She takes everything upstairs to be washed. She might go out later for lunch, if there wasn’t anything on hand she felt like cooking. She takes her shoes off as soon as she enters the apartment. She heads towards the laundry room, to get her laundry going.

While the laundry is going, she takes the money she brought back with her and put it in the wall safe. Once the money was put away, she walks into the kitchen to fix herself a coffee to drink. While the coffee is brewing, she pulls her work laptop out and checks in with MI 6 to let them know she was still alive. She also answers some emails that were sent to her.

Some of them were simple requests that she could do from where she was. She logs into the MI 6 network and goes to work. There were a few requests she’ll have to do from her station at work. She forwards those requests to her supervisor. He could handle those requests until she comes back to work. Once she was done, answering emails, and fixing minor problems. She gets up and grab her coffee cup and sit back down at her laptop.

Mouse logs off the MI 6 network and browses the web for a while. She was looking for what restaurants were nearby. She didn’t want anything that was British or Irish. She could get those at home. She locates a nice Mexican restaurant that was within walking distance of her location.

Mouse finishes her coffee and locates the restaurant. There were some high-end stores nearby, that she wanted to checkout. She heads back into the laundry room and moves her laundry from the washer to the drier. Once that task was done, Mouse grabs her purse and heads out of the condo.

When she exits the building, she walks up to where the crosswalk was and crosses when it tells her. She had to go up a whole block before she came to one of the stores she wanted to check out. She walks into the place and notices right away that it was a very high-end place.

“Can I help you Mrs.?” Betty noticed an emo color hair girl wearing middle-class clothes walk into her store.

“I’m fine, thank you.” Mouse spots a nice pant set that would make her look more professional at work.

She walks over to it and looks at it. Her mother taught her what to look for when she was in high-end stores. The cut of the pant set seems to be perfect for her body. The suit jacket that went with it, looked to be about her size.

She turns around to look at the woman that spoke to her when she entered the store. She spots her watching her “excuse me, but do you have this in a size 2?”

Betty walks over to Mouse and looks at her. She didn’t see anything special about the young woman. She did notice that she had a British accent.

“I think we have one in the back. Let me go and get it for you.”

“Thank you.” Mouse noticed that the woman gave her a once over, before making up her mind to help her.

She may or may not buy the pant set, depending on the woman’s attitude when she comes back. She continues to look around the store, waiting for the woman to return. She does spot several other outfits and dresses that were nice.

“Here we go, ma’am.” Betty holds up the suit set.

“Do you mind if I try it on?” Mouse looks at the suit.

“Yes. The dressing rooms are over here.” Betty escorts Mouse over to the dressing room.

Mouse steps inside and try the outfit on. It fit her perfectly and she loved how it was made. She slips her normal clothes back on and steps out with the pant set. She looks at Betty “if you have two more, I would like those as well. I would also, like them delivered to the building I am staying at.”

“There will be a charge for the delivery.” Betty didn’t mind to delivery the purchases.

“That’s fine. Just tell the person at the door, the delivery is for Mr. Bounty. He’ll know what to do with it.”

Betty writes the instructions down. She adds two more suits to the first one. Betty rings the purchases up and gives Mouse the total.

Mouse hands her credit to Betty. She watches her carefully and signs the receipt after checking everything.

“If you need anything else, ma’am. Please feel free to come back.” Betty loved the sale she just had.

“I will, thank you.” Mouse tucks the receipt into her purse and heads out of the store.

She leaves the store and walks down the sidewalk. She stops every once-in-awhile to window shop. She spots a young girl sitting next to one of the buildings. People walked by her, just ignoring her. She walks up to the girl and notices she had a sign in front of her asking for money and a job.

Lilly was feeling lightheaded and hungry. She hasn’t had anything to eat for the past three days. All the money she had, had been taken from her, by some bullies. Her chest still hurt, where they punched her. She notices a shadow fall on her.

She looks up and saw a nice woman with emo-colored hair looking down at her. She wonders if she’ll be nice and help her. She hasn’t had any luck since a few days ago.

Mouse looks down at the young woman. She looked like someone had beaten her. She noticed the black eye she had. She doesn’t know what she can do, but she knew what living on the streets was like.

“When is the last time you have had a nice meal?” Mouse figures the girl could use a nice meal.

“I haven’t eaten anything in the last three days.” Lilly looked at the young woman standing in front of her.

“Well???” As Mouse looks at the young woman.

“Lilly, my name is Lilly.”

“Well Lilly, my name is Mouse and today is your lucky day. I’m on my way to have some lunch. I wouldn’t mind some company if you wouldn’t mind joining me.” Mouse extends her hand to the young woman.

“I would be honored.” Lilly takes the young woman’s hand.

“Grab your stuff and come with me.” Mouse smiles at the young woman.

“Yes ma’am.” Lilly grabs her garbage bag, which had everything she owned in it.

Lilly follows Mouse down to a Mexican restaurant. She knew the place and knew the owner didn’t like her. She stops, just before she walks into the place.

Mouse noticed that Lilly had stopped at the door. She turns around to look at her “don’t you like Mexican food?”

“Yes ma’am, I do. But the owner of the place doesn’t like me and won’t let me into the place.”

“We’ll see about that.” Mouse takes Lilly’s hand and pulls her into the restaurant.

Mouse walks into the place holding Lilly’s hand. Just as they walk into the place. An older man comes walking up to her and Lilly.

“I told you girl, that you aren’t welcome in here. Carry your disease self out of here, NOW!” Jorge didn’t want his fine restaurant soiled by the street trash.

“Excuse me? How dare you talk to a guest of mine in that tone. You will apology or I will report your rude attitude to the whole wide world.”
Mouse didn’t like the way this guy spoke to Lilly.

Lilly would have fled from the restaurant, but Mouse still held her hand. She also noticed that Mouse’s speech became more royal and British in the way she spoke. She never had anyone stand up for her before.

Jorge looks at the emo color hire girl “who do you think you are, telling me what to do?” He steps closer to Mouse.

Mouse step closer and got right in the guy's face “I’m a paying customer, and you don’t treat customers this way. I don’t know what your problem is with my guest, but if you don’t want your business ruined, you’ll apologize to her and show us a table.”

Jorge noticed the thick British accent in the woman’s speech. He also noticed she was commanding as well. He didn’t think he could bully her, but he wasn’t going to bend.

“You can leave this restaurant with that street trash as well. I reserve the right to serve who I want to.” Jorge wasn’t bending or backing down.

“Fine! I know a better restaurant and its head chef. Chef Brandis will be more than happy to serve us. Come, Lilly, let’s go.”

Jorge stops in his tracks. Chef Brandis was a well-known and respected chef in New York. His restaurants have won several awards for their food and service.

“Wait, how do you know Chef Brandis?” Jorge wanted to know.

“It doesn’t matter. It's too late for you.” Mouse wouldn’t eat at this restaurant now.

Mouse walks out of the restaurant, dragging Lilly with her. She spots a cab and waves it down.

“I’m sorry about what happened.” Lilly felt bad about them being thrown out.

“It’s not your fault, Lilly. No one should be treated like he was treating you.” Mouse knew how Lilly must feel now. No one likes to be treated like they weren’t human.

“Here we are, ladies.” The cab driver pulls in front of the restaurant Chef Brandis owned.

Mouse pays the fare in cash. She exists first and waits for Lilly to exist. She watches as Lilly gets out with her garbage bag in hand.

Lilly was nervous as she follows Mouse into the restaurant. When they walk in, they are greeted by a young woman “how many in your party?”

“Just two. By the way, is Chef Brandis here today?”

“He never leaves, unless my mom makes him.”

“You’re his daughter?” Mouse didn’t know that.

“Yes, I’m his and Shigeko adopted daughter. My parents just adopted me, about three months ago.” Cindy was happy she had parents who loved her now.

“That I didn’t know.” Mouse was curious now.

“Well, if you’ll follow me, please.” Cindy grabs some menus and escorts Mouse and her friend to one of the tables reserve for her father’s friends.

“Your server will be over in a few minutes. Is there anything special you would like?”

“Sweet Iced Tea for me. What would you like Lilly?” Mouse looks at Lilly.

“I’ll have the same thing as well.” Lilly smiles at Mouse.

“Alright, I’ll have your drinks brought to you.”

“Thanks, Cindy.”

Cindy smiles and walks off. Once she was gone, Mouse looks at Lilly “order whatever you want, Lilly. I don’t mind.”

“Thank you, Mouse.” Lilly looks at the menu and spots several dishes she would love to eat.

Their waitress shows up to take their order and deliver their drinks. After she leaves, Mouse looks at Lilly “here is my job offer to you. I’m on vacation and so far, it’s been alright. However, it has also been kind of boring as well. I have no one to talk to about the places I go, and I get lonely not having someone traveling with me. So, I’ll pay you to travel with me and give you money to buy whatever you like. I’ll also provide room and board as well.”

“What am I supposed to do after your done with your vacation?” Lilly didn’t want to seem ungrateful, but she wanted something long-term.

“Well, I have contacts here in the United States that could help you out or you could come back to England. If you come back to England, my mother could hire you to work at our place or we know people who would be willing to hire you. If you don’t like England, I’ll pay for you to come back to the states and give you enough money to survive for a few months. So, what do you think?”

“It’s a nice offer. Do you mind if I think about it?”

“Sure. You have until my vacation is over to decide. So, what do you want to eat?”

When their waitress comes back to take their order. Lilly orders a nice steak lunch with all the fixings. Mouse told her to get whatever she
wanted. Mouse orders a fancy fish dish, she has never had before. She also orders an appetizer for them to munch on until their order arrives.

When the appetizer arrives, Lilly started to salivate. She inhales the aroma from the food and held it.

“Enjoying the smell?” Mouse had seen the look on Lilly’s face.

“Yes, it has been six months since I have enjoyed something as good as this.” Lilly tries not to think about what the last six months have been for her.

“You know, I can sort of understanding what you might have gone through. When I was younger, I use to roam the streets and joined a gang made up of other runaways and homeless kids. I’m not proud to say I committed a lot of crimes; I should have been arrested for.”

“What got you off the streets?” Lilly was curious about Mouse.

“My adopted mother did. She worked for MI 5 and was investigating who was hacking into the camera system London has.”

“Let me guess, you were the hacker?” Lilly looks at Mouse.

“Yep, I was the hacker. The leader of the gang I was in thought I should be punished. So, I was secured to a pole and raped by several male members of my gang and shot afterward. If my adopted mother hadn’t come along when she did, I would be dead. I still would have died
anyway, because I have a very rare blood type and only 0.6% of people have my type of blood. I was lucky that my adopted mother had my blood type.”

“So, your mother was the agent investigating your gang and she had the same blood type as you. That was luckily for you.”

“Yeah, I was very lucky that day. I was also lucky that she adopted me as her daughter as well.” Mouse was happy the countess adopted her and made her part of her family.

“So, what type of work do you do now?” Lilly takes a bite of her steak.

“I’m a computer expert. I have a natural talent for it. I can also speak twelve different languages as well.” Mouse moans from taking a bite of her fish.

“Damn, I can only speak two languages, English and Spanish.”

“Well, don’t worry about it. You’ll be speaking the Queen’s English in London if you decide to come back to England with me.”

The rest of lunch, Lilly enjoys. She finishes everything on her plate and the appetizers as well. She orders some dessert with Mouse's encouragement. Afterward, all she wanted to do was soak in a nice hot tub.

Mouse escorts Lilly back to the condo she was staying at. She noticed how sleepy Lilly was looking. When they arrive at the apartment after Mouse picks up her delivery.

“Look, why don’t you strip out of everything you have on and wear something of mine. I’ll toss them into the washer.”

“Thanks, Mouse.” Lilly heads into the bedroom across from Mouses.

Lilly takes everything she has to own off and lets them drop to the floor. She couldn’t wait to soak for a while.

“Here’s something of mine that should fit you.” Mouse walks into the bedroom with some clothes in her hands.

She stops when she sees that Lilly is naked. She also notices that Lilly had male bits, but moderate size breasts.

“I hope you're not changing your mind.” Lilly knew some people didn’t like people like her.

Mouse just smirks “no, Lilly you’re fine here. I have cousins that used to be like you.”

“Are you sure? I know, some people don’t like who I am.” Lilly hopes Mouse meant what she said.

Mouse steps up to Lilly “I meant every word I said. You’re safe here and I don’t mind. Now, go take a nice hot bath and use whatever you find in the bathroom. While you’re doing that, I’ll take what clothes you have and wash them. We’ll go out tomorrow and buy you some new clothes.”

“Thank you, Mouse.” Tears leak from Lilly’s eyes.

“You’re welcome. Now, go and take a bath.” Mouse starts picking up all of Lilly’s clothes to wash them.

Lilly grabs a clean robe from the stack that Mouse brought into her bedroom and head towards the bathroom.

up
207 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh good. A new friend.

WillowD's picture

I really love the way that most of Lady Dragon's main characters are quite willing to lend a helping hand to people that are down on their luck.

Oh good. A new friend.

WillowD's picture

I really love the way that most of Lady Dragon's main characters are quite willing to lend a helping hand to people that are down on their luck.

A big heart runs in the family

Samantha Heart's picture

It was nice of Mouse to do what she is for this young trans woman. Offering to take Lilly back home to to England with her and give this young woman a job, or getting in touch with Anika and see what she could do to help this young woman.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

The Secret Agent

With the heart of gold!

Jack is an excellent judge of character, and he trusts his people are also. Well with the exception of Hatter and she is making progress. She is trusted, but certain "precautions" have to be observed. Hee-hee!

Can't wait 'tell they see the new and improved Jack! Some of his government "acquaintances" will think he did a deal with the devil. ;-)

Edited 2/23/2021, 06:32 for spelling


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Name dropper

Jamie Lee's picture

Mouse seems to easily make friends, or put people at ease. And so far, things are just touristy for her.

The owner of the Mexican restaurant made a mistake in the way he dealt with mouse. Should she want to, his entire business could go down the drain with a few judicious keystrokes in the right places.

Lilly doesn't know it yet, but she fell in with the best possible person she'd want to be with. From the moment Mouse offered her the job of being Mouse's companion, Lilly just moved off the streets. Hopefully is wise enough to see the opportunity she's been given and accepts it.

Others have feelings too.