Jem…Chapter 177

Printer-friendly version

Jem…Chapter 177

*Adam…

I watched as the old man got taken away and it was extra sad and pathetic that he’d gotten himself hooked enough that he just couldn’t help himself from getting high with the police there.

Well then again I made sure that he had lots of things available to feed his habits with.

No Dad, just because you’re part of this family does that mean that you just get to coast through things taking tail and getting high as fuck all the time and then taking your shit out on me.

“Goddamn failure.”

Grandfather looks over at me and sips his coffee. His expression is pretty neutral but he says. “They came for us grandson, I’m not happy about that.”

I try and match his bland expression.

“Father’s habits are the ones that put us in danger.”

We lock eyes over our coffee cups.

“I’ve told your father that he needed to shape up, that he needed to watch himself or the things that he was doing would come to bite him.”

“Well he bit us with it too.”

Grandfather sets his cup down and Simon pours him another cup and I do the same and we’re still staring off.

“No matter, things will work themselves out.”

“And if he goes to prison?”

“I’ll leave him there, he needs re-hab and more than that he needs lessons.”

“Lessons?”

Grandfather has this soft deep almost dangerous purr to his voice. “No country club for him, your father has gotten too soft for all of his talk and pushing you with trivialities.”

“Trivialities?”

“Oh yes that feud with the Powers boy, that needs to end.”
“Grandfather he assaulted me, he broke my nose and bloodied me and took off.”

Grandfather looks at me. “And it’s been going on a long time, even before this last fracas between you two. Ever since he trounced you for not moving his bike when you were little.”

“Jason needs to know his place; people need to know their place with us.”

He sets the coffee cup down. “You’re a Marshall people know their place with us it never should have to be stated or flaunted. I ordered that you attend normal schools because I sent your father to the best schools and he turned out to be a soft and arrogant bully.”

I stare at him and he stares at me. “So I just let it go?”

“You should have when he beat you as a child and your father should have taught you better. This boy’s a waste of time.”

“So that’s why you said we couldn’t go after Jason’s father?”

“No I stopped you from wanting to mess with town zoning and that would affect our real estate holdings. I stopped you because Jeremy Powers is a heavy equipment mechanic that works off of trade.”

“And that’s important?”

“Look at his houseguests; yes I know that he’s had some houseguests in town and who they ride for. I know that he is owed favors for his work all over the countryside and that like myself he doesn’t push that fact.”

“Why have people owe you and not collect?”

“It’s literally human interest grandson, they owe you and they know that they owe you and if you don’t collect then it builds want and need. The person that owes you in the end will do more for you because they want to do it.”

I move as the chocolate croissants are set down.

Grandfather has these tastes that I’m finding that I enjoy too. Privately farmed Jamaican blue mountain coffee which is what we’re having and a kitchen chef that makes fresh pastries with thin shaves of bitter and semi-sweet chocolate folded inside.

The deep coffee meets that hard bitter chocolate and it’s a shock but a good one and then as you eat you’re greeted with the finish of the butter from the party and a finish of sweet chocolate but not too sweet.

But the advice it sounds a lot like what Jason’s cousin Angel is doing.

I look at grandfather. “So you like Jeremy Powers.”

“Not at all. I’m aware of him, grantedly moreso since things have developed with all of the stuff between the two of you. He’s necessary, he works for trade as well as cash that means he keeps people running that might fall on hard times and that means that in some respects he helps keep the town running better.”

“Not that much.”

“Oh yes, you’d be surprised at how much saving a family from going broke fixing needed equipment has a spread out effect. And that man does that multiple times a year literally donating time.”

He looks at me. “That affects something of ours in a good way in one way or another eventually.”

I get some of this now and at the same time there’s still this…it’s this gut feeling that Jason deserves more…I’ve seen people know their place with me, I’ve seen them do horrible things for me or for petty little shit. I’ve seen people move across the street from my father when I was little, seen what we are.

I mean I can get that grandfather has his ways and that’s fine but it’s too slow. I’m not fucking eighty I want to do things; I want it more than he does, more than my father does.

I wipe my mouth off. “Well school is shot for the day I think I will call in at least and offer them an explanation and then head out to do some business of my own.”

Grandfather nods. “Think about what I’ve said grandson, drop this wasted of time, work at this music thing you’re doing I’ve heard that you can make money in it.”

I finish the coffee since it’s too good to waste.

“It’s a doorway, at first I wanted to mess with Jason since he was into that and then his cousin but researching it all I think it’s a good in to the radio and telecommunications markets.”

He’s nodding. “Actually a good idea, at your age you can build contacts and capital to move into a market when the tech-com bubble bursts here and there’s much less of a monopoly on things here.”

I leave actually feeling better but still wary.

The old bastard has a good eye, and he’s had it on me.

He hasn’t said anything but….He’s watching me.

Or he’s going to start.

Which means I have to start getting things finished and that I should make it look like I’m letting shit with Jason die.

Dane and Kirk can deal with that little bastard.

I know, I know I should just let it all just go like what grandfather suggested but I hate the little bastard.

And if I make an example out of him, a real example out of him it will be in the heads of everyone from my generation and down for a good long while.

Proof positive that you don’t fuck with my family.

No…Me…you don’t fuck with me.

And Jason will pay even if I have to take it out on his little cousin.

Angel.

I’ll have to admit there’s a lot I like about her.

She knew who I was and she wanted nothing to do with me.

Fought me off and yet she was still willing to deal with things with Summer and Kisses & Thorns.

And then there’s her band and her media savvy which is impressive and she writes a lot of her own material and she’s managing the band. And actually managing not half assing it like Summer had been doing.

Actually from the things I’ve heard she’s serious about the business side of things and she’s well thought of.

Well she is a woman and they play by a whole different set of rules.

But I don’t think she’s as bad as the others.

She didn’t kowtow to me, she didn’t give and hasn’t.

And she’s so…skinny, thin but in that really good way where you know she’d be sweet and tight and likely wild as fuck once you started fucking her.

Goddamn she makes me hard.

I head to my room and shower and then take off after calling the school.

Then off to the studio and Mandy tells me that the police were here and that they went through the place. I’m not concerned I knew they would and there was nothing here aside from the few joint butts that they found out by the back door. And well it’s a music studio…Summer’s bunch alone would leave quite a few of those out back.

And speaking of Summer she’s here and already recording some commercials for me for the radios and the others are doing tracks as we’re getting their songs and covers actually down.

Her girlfriend that little hippy skinny Avril like clone is watching and looking at me as I come in. she gets this happy-funny-bitchy-snarky look on her face. “Everything alright? I saw stuff on the news.”

I nod. “Oh well it seems that dear old dad’s drug habit has gotten us all in the sights of the law.”

She looks at me. “You’ve got a crap dad?”

I stare at her and she’s like a book. And I know where to go from here with her.

“Abusive, entitled, and a junkie as well as being a total man whore.”

She looks at me. “People say the same thing about you.”

“They’d be right, I’m not good people Hannah, I learned how not to be from the best.”

She stares at me for a few minutes and I turn and leave and head to my office.

I could feel her maybe close to saying something…that’s it stew on that kid; let it sink in until you think I’m not too bad.

It’s getting close to lunch too so I call out to Mandy. “Get everyone’s order for pizza and then call it in at Pizza Shack on me and tell Summer when she’s done that I want to see her.”

I make a few calls on another disposable phone I have to wrap some things up with the girls and have them ready to talk to the cops.

Yes, talk to the cops, to tell them that I got the credit cards from my dad. They do that and they’re in the clear, the debt they have will be wiped out and they’ll be free. That he took advantage of me and them.

Of course they won’t be and neither will be all of those grown men around that more than willingly took to fucking these teen girls.

Those assholes are mine; I’ve lots on these guys to keep them in my pocket.

Of course grandfather will be pissed that I’ll end up testifying against my father.

It’ll be a scandal and all of that.

I know the cops will bring me in once they start getting into the credit card thing and the prostitution thing.

But it’ll all land on Dad.

I know I can skate off on this.

It’ll hurt a little but I’m also not old enough for any long kind of jail time and I’m not old enough to be any sort of mastermind either.

One of my other phones goes off and I answer it. “Dane.”

“Uh-huh.”

“What do you want?”

“Danny McWhitter’s claiming the bounty on Jason Powers.”

“What!”

“Yeah he knows where the little fucker is and he’s got demands.”

“Where is he?”

“In town.”

“Where?”

“McWhitter wants some things first. And I want my cut; I want what you promised the club.”

“I’ve no problem with that between us but what does he want?”

In the end what he wanted was a lot but it was also some pretty penny-ante things as well. His mother moved to a better place and I agreed as we have lots of rental property, her place had to have a whole list of appliances too and some I figured were for him and Daniel wanted something that I could give him pretty easily and that was a new vehicle and extra tires and cash money.

“All fine with me, does he know who I am?”

“Nope and it’ll stay that way.”

“Good now where’s Jason.”

And I knew as soon as he said it.

“Not so much whereas who.”

I should have known, I had never heard of her before all of this…and she’s.

Part of me goes white rage blind and I want to go and do something drastic, go and find him and shoot him for fooling me.

But that passes as all sorts of ideas start to bubble to the surface.

“Don’t do anything yet Dane, just let it sit for a while.”

I hang up and disable both phones I used for “business” and get up and I go and get a drink and check my camera’s for the studio and Summer’s getting finished and heading my way.

I take a Viagra because I really want punishing wood and I finish my whiskey as she comes in.

“You wanted to see me?”

I walk over to the desk and pull out the pinkish wig.

She stares at me. “I’m not doing that no more.”

I reach into petty cash and take out money…a thousand dollars and she’s watching as each hundred falls on top of the table and she’s licking her lips and she looks at me and she doesn’t meet my eyes for long and she locks the door and walks over and she puts on the wig and she sinks to her knees.

I’m already picturing making her…him…making Jem doing this and so messed with that she/he won’t be able to say no.

I fist my fingers in her/his hair and Summer/Angel fights for air and against gagging as I force myself down her throat and face fuck her.

Jason’s going to be my bitch more than ever.

I’m rough, I’m really rough on her and I take her ass hard making her scream and cry out in pain and pleasure.

The pizza’s cold when I kick her out and her little girlfriend Hannah is giving me hate filled looks. Summer wobbles because I know I hurt her down there and I don’t fucking care and she’s pretty drunk too…the swallowed down sniffle is good…so good it almost gets me hard again as she goes to Hannah’s arms and they start to leave.

Mandy looks scared and titillated at the same time and I take my pizza inside my office and close the door.

First slice in and I start thinking more and more.

Did you know Carmen?

I’m smiling and eating a large hungry mouthful of pizza as I text her.

Oh yeah it’s on.

Let the games begin.

up
222 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ut ohhh!!!!!

sounds like serious trouble ahead, I have a feeling that things are reaching a end and Adam is going to really go down hard?
I do hope Angel doesn't get hurt, and Carmen as well sounds like Adam is actually got a serious mental problem,
He didn't listen to his grandfather? and he should have just left things alone but could never do so?

looking forwards to seeing what happens next
Matt

WHOA!!!

Alecia Snowfall's picture

WHOA!! Everything JUST went tits-up!

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Hmmmmm...

waif's picture

I am thinking that Grampa is gonna fry Adam in the end. The old bastard has too many sources, and too many angles to play. Adam is a cancer in his organization and we all know that if you have to amputate a limb to remove a cancer, you do it. One thing that the old man knows that young Adam doesn't seem to grasp is that he has years to gain leverage and revenge. Like most psychopaths, he is overly focused on gratification. It makes him rash and spoils his plans.

The eldest Adam has built an enormous machine, the 'Marshall Empire' is more important to him than any of his blood family. After all, they are tied to him by a freak circumstance while the empire is his own creation. I think that Adam's obsessions are a danger to everything he has built, and he is cunning enough to realize it.

Adam is like the supervillains in comic books. They are so enamored with their own brilliance that they never accept that there is probably someone else who is even more clever. I am just waiting for the moment when little Adam starts monologuing before the death blow.

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

"Let the games begin."

ohh ... frack. I guess eventually Adam would find out who Angel is, and things would get nasty, but I hoped they would have a lot more ammunition on Adam before that happened.

DogSig.png

Well...

erica jane's picture

Ain't this a predicament. Adumb knows. Also, since Danny has gotten the bounty, I'm betting Danny is spreading the word. That's definitely going to throw a significant amount of uncertainty into the mix. The other thing is, I think Adumberer has forgotten that Jason/Angel has always stood up to him. Always. I can easily see Adumbo thinking he'll blackmail Angel. I believe that's the plan at this point. Danny's kinda killed that leverage by this point with the single biggest bit of gossip the Point's seen in years, and I don't think he could hold back from telling it.

In my head I see it like this: (no offense is meant or intended in anyway.)

Adumb: blah blah blah Blackmail blah blah make you my bitch blah blah blah >really full on villain monologue, he does have that whole narcissistic megalomania thing going here<

Angel: So what? Half the town already knows, the other half will know tonight. >kicks Adumb in the crotch with all that repressed fear and anger, then walks away<

Then this is where Adumb does something irrevocably stupid and that's when shit gets real.

This won't be how things go, but my mind went here, so thought I'd share. Closest thing I'll get to posting a story. :)

Love the story, Bailey! I get the feeling that you're wrapping this up for an ending or a serious gear change. Either way, I can't wait!

~And so it goes...

Rut Roe

So how was she outed?

I must've missed something.

The tension level just went up a meganewton.

Yet to be revealed

waif's picture

About four chapters back, after the raid went out, Danny McWhittier was summoned home by mama. He found Dane and Kirk (the bikers that are fronting for Adam) waiting at the McWhittier single-wide. Instead of telling Danny to help Bobby get outta jail she had a big grin on her face. I wondered at the time why she was so happy when her crack habit was cut off and her hubby and one son were in jail looking at hard time.

Apparently she had discovered something.

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

Danny's just

Not that smart, WTF. I'm surprised Wild Bill hasn't just taken Dane out yet. Oh well, things are heating up. Thanks

Yikes!

"Jason’s going to be my bitch more than ever." Yikes!

Adam went to a whole new level of creepy with the whole Viagra bit. That whole thing with Summer actually made my skin crawl.

Can wait to read what happens next! Keep them coming Bailey!

Leila