Jem…Chapter 174

Printer-friendly version

Jem…Chapter 174

*Adam…

Sooner or later this was all going to blow up.

And I knew that it was, hell I was hoping that it was.

That’s right I was hoping that it was.

I got the call from one of my police friends that there was a major bust going on through one of my burner phones. I get information like this about a few things but I’ve been waiting and hoping for this.

See the bikers; I knew I could use the bikers to amp things up.

Sure I want Mike hurt, I want him really hurt and messed up but when I had found out about him being connected with them I sat down and did some serious thinking and planning.

See I’m a Marshall and we’ve been looked at by the law since forever since there will always be folks that think families like mine should not be in charge or hold the sway we do.

They’ve been after my family since there were steamer boats on The Great Lakes.

And there was something that I wanted more than Mike, more than Jason Powers even.

That’s my father.

See I needed something, something big enough that it’d attract bigger law enforcement.

Me pushing my father’s drug habit through others was taking too long but at the same time it had given me an idea after looking into biker gangs and things about them.

So Mr. Black was created, so my little drug op was created.

I really don’t care too shits about those involved….I’m pretty clean really I made sure of that and my friends that are involved are more than willing to testify that Dad got to them as a way to fuck with me and a way of making quick cash.

The biker’s brought in all of this for me.

Well there’s the girls.

Those little sluts won’t say anything because of their families and oh…a little pressure and some of those girls have slept with the fathers of their friends and I’ve a nice little circle of mutual assured destruction going on.

They testify against me and they all lose.

They testify against him and they all win.

Job over, cards cancelled, bills paid and slate’s are cleaned.

Well until I want something from some of them.

But they’ll jump at the chance.

And the junkies…well I have plans for them; those little whores will find a good home elsewhere.

So yes Lucas’s call wasn’t unexpected and though I wasn’t expecting to talk to the RCMP I rather enjoyed that. I think he knows Michael and I think he might be indeed after me just by the tone in his voice.

Too bad for him.

I’m a Marshall god himself uses please and thank you at my table.

I take out one of my other disposable phones and make a call.

“Yeah.”

“RCMP hit the motel and they’ll likely be headed your way.”

“Shit…okay you want us to burn everything?”

“No, did you look under the trailer?”

“No, is there something there? What is it?”

“A bomb you should leave Dane.”

I hear them rushing and starting up their truck? It sounds like a truck. “Dammit are you fucking nuts!?”

“No, just lay low for a while I still want you too around.”

“Why?”

“Cops won’t be watching Mike after a big bust. I want you two around to deal out some punishment still once the police are busy with other things.”

“What other things?”

“That’s my business, but go lay low until I call you again.”

“Look asshole we don’t work for you.”

“Dane, call your relatives, check your accounts. There will be more where all of that came from. Trust me…I know what I’m doing and that it’ll be exactly worth your while.”

I hand up on him and then I call Julia.

Julia’s my father’s ex personal assistant.

Ex because he was keeping her as a mistress and when caught he dumped her and thanks to some legal paperwork she was left divorced and high and dry.

But my father never changed the locks at his offices or the alarm codes and she has been doing more than her share of some filing in there for me.

And dear old dad’s been too much a creature of habit or rather his addictions to read half of the things that he has to sign.

She answers. “Yes?”

“It’s time, are you ready?”

“For that? Certainly.”

“Good, I’ve already signed the papers Julia the Montreal townhouse is all yours now.”

“Thank you sir unlike your father it’s been a pleasure.”

“I wish you good health darling.”

I hang up and smile.

A recording studio is great for putting together a recording of my father hiring the bikers that will pass police inspection. It’s not like this is common gear used by anyone, then there’s the photos of the girls and a good sized envelope of money taken from the cookhouse for the meth, it’ll be soaked in the chemicals.

Oh and Julia had been easily able to get me some of my father’s regular garbage, just like his addictions he was quite the regular with things like newspapers and cigarettes and his Starbucks coffee.

So there’s some of that under the trailer scattered at random like tossed out of sight at random.

The townhouse I won’t miss, it’s not really mine it’s just in my name and it’s where my father used to take his whores to over the weekends.

Yes…yes it’s all going to come together.

*Dane…

A fucking bomb!

We took off and grabbed our truck and took off out of there.

I’ll give Marshall this he knows some shit. The cook house was out in the back woods but it was out in logging country so there’s a shit load of roads out here and they’re all used fairly regular like. So once we’re off the road for the trailer we’re good we actually slow it down.

We left the guys that were there to cook to fend for themselves.

Yeah they heard bomb too and they were in the process of fucking off too.

I don’t like this fucking kid.

He is going to get what’s his.

We still have his ass on tape, he shot one camera but we still got his ass.

And that’s going to make him pay through the nose.

And then, then we’re going to fucking hurt him, make an example that he and his family will get.

Money, position, it can all just go way.

There’s some tense minutes when the chopper passes overhead and we slow enough that I can watch it and they’re circling and I can see lots of lights along the road to there.

Part of me hates leaving all of that stuff…all the gear and the product.

I hate cops worse though.

We stick close but not too close, close enough we’ll see the fire.

There’s not one.

No explosion, no boom.

And there was something under the trailer something he wanted people to find.

Oh…okay, evidence, it has to be evidence…he’s setting someone up.

I light a smoke and think as we drive and Kirk’s looking at me.

“What? What’s up?”

“There’s no bomb, he just said that shit to get us out of there without asking questions or burning the place ourselves.”

“Why the fuck would he do that?’

“Because there was something he or that Justin kid put under the trailer when they was out there.”

“So what’s that matter?”

“I don’t like not knowing shit like this.”

“Yeah this guy’s fucking crazy.”

“He’s got a fall guy for the drugs.”

“Shit…”

“No not us Kirk, someone else.”

“Who?”

“I don’t know.”

We got back to town and we stuck to the main drag where the malls were until I could make my calls.

Sure enough there were some of our family both mine and Dane’s that got sudden windfalls. And not like just cash but jobs…my cousin Amy her girl got a big bursary for college one that would actually wipe out her student loan this year.

It wasn’t all…Adam pushed some very good buttons.

Kirk had the same too and our side accounts…well there was ten grand in there each.

The cops can’t touch those accounts either; they’re not even in the country so it’d take serious legal muscle to get even close.

Okay…okay he’s been okay for a pyscho rich boy so we’ll play ball for now.

For now.

I wasn’t expecting the call from Randy’s mother on my normal phone.

But after what I heard we headed over fast.

*Danny McWhitter…

Randy’s busted and he was being stupid as usual and thinking with his little head.

I told him that we should have left Nikki and them float when shit went down with Brook and her lesbo-bitches from hell and her kung-fu assed boyfriend.

So his ass got busted.

And he called Mom.

Who called me.

And I said. “He’s gonna hafta deal Mom, that’s serious drugs and shit and he made a call he shouldn’t have.”

Seriously, Dane and Kirk told us about that Jason kid and that they’d pay money to people that’d help them find him.

Like one it could be a favor to the guys.

Two it was like ten grand to find the kid.

And like still though I know the skinny sort of, that one of the fucking lords of Marshall Manor got his ass kicked by a kid he was bullying and shit and now was like out for blood.

And while I’m no fan of these Powers folks with that Mike asshole and them being like hooked up with cops and stuff and all the stuff with Brooklyn there’s part of me that thought that anyone that gave one of those rich fuckers a smack deserved to get away clean.

Mom calls me again. “Come ova to the house now.”

“I’m busy.”

Actually I’m not just at Betty-Ann’s making KD with hot dogs.

“Now…or I’m callin ya fatha.”

Okay something’s up because Mom don’t call dad for shit. She goes and sees him in lockup and stuff but with our family when you’re in jail then you got enough shit to deal with daily. The fact that she’s willing to drag him into this was just…she means now.

“Okay, okay fuck.”

I finish the mac and cheese and I dig out a platter plate that’ll fit in Betty-Ann’s microwave and leave her a note. ‘Made you supper babe, had to go Randy got busted.’

I hop in the car and head home.

Dane and Kirk are there on the porch with a twenty four of beers and there’s the barbeque going with hot dogs and shit mom’d never have and she’s glowing looking lit and she’s hugging a bottle of golden Wedding to her and she looks happy?

“What’s up?”

Mom smiles.

I look at the bikers and they’re drinking and she starts talking.

up
208 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

grrrrr

Alecia Snowfall's picture

grrrrr! Adam seems to have entirely too many ducks in a row. Some target practice is in order. Like say, a battery of 8" guns. FIRE MISSION!

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Actually it makes sense

Adam was chafing under his old man. So he might frame him for the drugs. In a very twisted way, his father would admire the deviousness, proving his son is worthy of succeeding him.

It's just sick.

He showed before that he

He showed before that he hates his father and his grandfather has all but refused to give his father any part of the bug family operations.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

OTOH

Grandfather may have plans of his own for son and grandson, he may not be happy at the family name being tarnished by a scandal. And GD knows his son is not one to do what Adamn is setting him up for. I get the idea that Adamn just might be too much of a wildcard for granddad's tastes. I have no idea what granddad might do in that case, but I'm sure he isn't without resources.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

False bravo and the lack of

False bravo and the lack of knowledge of what the cops actually know will be Adam's downfall. His dad will burn his ass to save his own skin and his grandfather will screw them both over to maintain his seemingly "legitimate" business.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

The smug ones like Adam......

D. Eden's picture

Always miss something. Like the saying goes, the devil is in the details, and the more complicated a plan becomes, the more things there are to go wrong.

All it takes is one person, someone like Carmen, to stand up to Adam and get the dominoes falling, and things will start to fall apart.

Remember, the more complex a machine is, the easier it is to break it. I learned early on in my military career that the best plans are the simplest ones. Adam is suffering from the arrogant bastard disease - he thinks he is untouchable, and he thinks that is smarter than everyone around him. Those are the one's who go to pieces when their little world starts to crack and fall apart around them. He just keeps making enemies, and his so called friends are really nothing more than toadies who will go wherever the wind blows strongest.

I would say that a very strong wind is about to blow through Harpers Point.

This just gets better and better Bailey.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

yeah and he is violating the

yeah and he is violating the one of the main Biker rules, you don't screw over family- your own or one of theirs.

i've been ...

rereading some early chapters, you can totally see the ground work for this. not sure whats going on with Brook's leavings though. thanks