Jem...Chapter 131

Printer-friendly version

Jem…Chapter 131

I don’t know exactly how many times I’ve done this now but it’s sort of the whole tradition to do *Brian Wilson* By The Bare Naked Ladies on the second half of the Tuesday show it’s not actually a lot but it sort of seems like it’s been that and not in a bad way but in like this song is an old friend.

I love the “Tuesday night…!”
I love the “Record shop…!”
I love the “Call it compulsive, call it impulsive, call it insane…oh-Oh!”

I love the words, I Love the Lyrics I love how the crowd does the sort of hug and hold and there some swaying as they sort of settle to dance and enjoy the rock show that we’re going to put on.

I love doing both kinds of shows too, You have the first shows that are pump you up and party dancing sort of stuff and them you have what I like to call the dance concert effect.

Add in an intermission and all the drinks and the little foods that they have here that I don’t think anyone in town or short of Toronto are doing and it’s a good time.

I mean I’ve looked into it and the few towns around here have like not much going on and there’s a lot of people that come to Harper’s Point to work or do shopping and really we’re not a city we’re not even really close but we’re a place to go shopping, there’s like five small towns and junctions within like a half an hour’s drive and even more if you travel from further out.

And this is something that a lot of people had in the eighties and it died out with time and now here we’re starting to see smaller bands cropping up, doing tours and stuff and y’know that’s cool.

Honestly it’s actually a really cool time to be doing this and getting into the music scene and everything here because really you don’t hear about this on like a national level but locally there’s a lot of bands that still show up to play every now and then.

And Adam and all of this stuff is coming together too “Uncle Bobby’s got the flash now and we’re still going to do like what we can and everything but there’s a case building, Adam and his buddies and maybe his family might be taking a serious hit.

Maybe enough to knock the crown off of their heads.

There’s more jobs to come, and our internet stuff getting put together and we’re doing a decent part time job or rather three part time ones with Lucky’s added to our places to play.

And I have like lots of ideas for our future too.

I finish *Brian Wilson.* and I start dancing in that sort of swaying way and holding onto the Mic stand and the girls are doing the guitar work and softly sing *Enjoy the Show.* By Lenka and then I go into *Only When I Sleep* By The Corr’s and Kimmie’s doing an amazing job on the drums and I sort of sway softly sing and then I have Rayne and Brooklyn joining it with me.

There’s this whole arm hair raising lift when we do that and it’s the three of us in harmony all singing and still plating as we do that and Kim’s steadiness keeping us all together and in synch.

The lighters come out and there’s some crowd sway going on.

Then we slip into *Forever and Always* By Starlight Butterfly and that’s such a good mellow flow to lead into us playing *Carousel* By Starlight Butterfly and then we break that up and I take up my guitar to help back up Raven/Rayne as she starts to sing *One and Only* By Adele.

And then after that it’s Rayne and I singing *Dancing When the Stars Go Blue* By The Corrs and we’re doing it back and forth like the version when they did the song with Bono from U2.

Rayne’s actually doing Bono’s parts.

Dancin' where the stars go blue
Dancin' where the evening fell
Dancin' in your wooden shoes
In a wedding gown

Dancin' out on 7th street
Dancin' through the underground
Dancin' little marionette
Are you happy now?

Where do you go when you're lonely
Where do you go when you're blue
Where do you go when you're lonely
I'll follow you
When the stars go blue, blue
When the stars go blue, blue
When the stars go blue, blue
When the stars go blue

Laughing with your pretty mouth
Laughing with your broken eyes
Laughing with your lover's tongue
In a lullaby

Where do you go when you're lonely
Where do you go when you're blue
Where do you go when you're lonely
I'll follow you
When the stars go blue, blue
When the stars go blue, blue
When the stars, when the stars go blue, blue
When the stars go blue
When the stars go blue, blue, blue
Stars go blue
When the stars go blue

Where do you go when you're lonely
Where do you go when you're blue, yeah
Where do you go when you're lonely
I'll follow you, I'll follow you, I'll follow you
I'll follow you, I'll follow you, yeah
Where do you go, yeah
Where do you go, Where do you go

It went over really, really well as the song was actually pretty popular and it’s one of those songs that just fits that swaying and holding your S.O. while dancing kind of moments.

And it’s actually a really good lead into *Iris* By The Goo-Goo Dolls and that’s a really, really good song.

We go from that into doing *Please Don’t Go* By Starlight Butterfly and then *Heaven* By Bryan Adams and we let that lead into Kimmie coming up to the front as Brooklyn takes the drums and does a really simple beat mostly as she wow’s everyone with her own rendition of *True Colors* By Cindi Lauper

She so have this voice that plays so well to Cindi’s that she could really cover a lot of her songs and the crowd’s actually really impressed.

And…

And I see Max there in the front sort of doing this really into her in front of the stage dancing but not dancing guys shuffle and he’s just sort of looking at her and it’s really, really awesome and I’m so shipping it.

Kimmie’s actually getting a lot of really good applause going to as she finishes and she looks at me and I grin and nod and she hops off of the stage into max catching her and instead of Brooklyn ending it I sing while Brooklyn does drums still and Rayne/Raven plays guitar and we end off the show with our standard… *One for The Money two For The Show* By Trooper.

*** Kimmie………………..

I saw Max show up about our third song in at the start of it all and honestly it was like a really yay moment for me. I like max he’s really cute and well more than that and he’s been a serious part of my dreams and stuff.

No…it’s not like I’m going to like fall all over him and stuff or get in too fast and too deep with him because his like entire situation is like really complicated and it’s pretty serious stuff.

Like especially for my age, there’s a lot to really think about.

But there’s also like me really liking him, he’s smart and funny and charming and he’s sweet and with his daughter and his mom in his life he’s not like other guys when we like talk and stuff.

I’m like Kimmie first and that’s like a really good thing.

I’m like a person to him and not just a girl and not just like tail and not even like a whole weeboo thing either.

Yellow-fever with people really, like really sucks.

It’s like not cool to be someone’s Japanese fetish.

Like even if the get that right.

Anyways… Max like waved at me and I grinned and waved at him after the song and kept going and like watching him as we played through the first set and I was like a bunch of nerves still when I go to do “Magical Power Panties” but it was cool at the same time and he sort of tried to get closer during that but he couldn’t like get passed the wall of like bee-bopping girls.

I saw him though actually like get over to where Remy/Dad was and hang with them until we got to like the halfway point.

I lost him for a few minutes and then I had to pee like crazy so there was that and that like required me to do like post bathroom like maintenance before Max got to get a serious whiff of super sweaty me.

We are not into the point of things that sweat is not a factor and stuff.

So…I did the drummer-girls best secret and that’s a washcloth really fast to wipe off the sweat and then I dried myself off with like a dryer sheet.

And then I went out while the girls were like doing their thing and went to find him and I looked around some and he was coming back from the bar and he had a metal milkshake thing in his hand and a straw and I went over and he smiled and passed it to me.

“Oh for me!”

“Yeah I thought that’d you be thirsty.”

“Totally actually.”

I took a drink and it was heaven… it was a coffee milkshake.

I totes did a fan girl sigh.

“Yummer’s that was like amazing.”

Yeah I killed it pretty fast.

“That was quick.”

“That’s because I’m a ninja.”

He looks at me and does the adjust his glasses. “Okay…I thought that you didn’t go there with that whole Asian thing.”

“It’s my fake culture I can like appropriate it as I need.”

“Oh…well okay then. You were good up there with like the singing too.”

“I’m doing another song tonight in the second half.”

“Really? They got you singing a lot for a drummer.”

“Angel’s idea it was kinda freaky at first too but at the same time we’re doing a whole like lot of stuff all like different and stuff.”

“Like the music licence stuff right with you being part of the like music guilds and stuff right?”

I nodded and I’m smiling and happy. I mean we’ve talked on the phone, we’ve texted and stuff and sort of like been mini-cyber dating and stuff since like the last time we were doing this and all and the fact that max has actually listened and paid attention is really awesome and it’s like serious boyfriend points.

And even the ninja thing…serious points.

Because like there’s a whole huge like crap load of frikking guys that would have went with If I did something about me making fun of my Japanese heritage then they could too. No like seriously they either would have made like a thing about it or like just have like done it.

And he like didn’t and he got me a coffee milkshake which was like thoughtful points.

“Yeah there’s like that but I have totes full on registered writing credit for that one and stuff like that I mean with paid dues and all this stuff I’m like not just goofing off like my parents thing or like whatever else they think but I’m like a real and serious musician and stuff.”

Max smiled and looked at the people here. “And as much as you girls have a following as like a band you actually have like people that really just dug you I heard them cheer when you started up singing for like MPP.”

I couldn’t help but like blush and grin.

“Yeah that’s like taking so much getting used to and stuff. I’m like the family screw up and stuff and Summer wasn’t like any better with like Brook and I and like even Rayne y’know? It was her as lead and then Rayne and then it was like just being background noise or literally being just like whatever.”

“Well you’re definitely not a screw up, I mean you’re doing all of this and you’re doing this whole thing with the school and Brooklyn to like protect your best friend and you’re working like this and writing songs and singing…Kim, you’re so far from a screw up y’know you’re like all kinds of awesome.”

I was like blushing like crazy and stuff and like it’s totally true really I mean I’ve always kind of seen myself as the girl that never fit in. I didn’t fit in with my family even like the bad side of it and all when I like got into all that trouble and it just was always like that…because outside of my family I’m still not Kim to a lot of people I’m the Japanese girl.

Positive like me image stuff is still kind of like not something I’m used to.

I was like so not expecting the like kiss he gives me either.

I mean he like kissed my cheek but he reached and touched my face and like lifted it from my blush and tuck and he kissed me on the cheek.

And there was thing little girl in me just like Agnes from Despicable me the movie and instead of the it’s so fluffy thing my inner little Kimmie, My Roxy0Moogle me was screaming ‘he’s so sexy I want to die!’

Some people are geeks of like anime and comics and stuff and I’m sort of kind of a little but I am a huge cartoon movie Disney and DreamWorks and like Pixar geekette.

Mostly Disney though.

I was so sort of like blown away by that and it was still running through my nerves in this super-happy way when we went up to like do the second set and everything.

I was like so totally in the mood too when we started like doing the whole romantic and softer kind of stuff for the second half and I tell ya that when you’re feeling it and playing it really kind of just like comes out in the way that you play.

Rayne doing *One and Only* hit me in the feels because of…

You've been on my mind…
I grow fonder every day…
Lose myself in time…
Just thinking ‘bout your face…

Yeah, actually like so much yeah really with like all the talking that max and I have been doing, and the night he came to the show before and the whole cupcake thing and now him at the show.

So many feels.

And then there’s this whole thing when it’s me going up to sing *True colors* By Cindi Lauper and I’m just sort of all of the sudden there in that sort of moment looking down at the boy.

And me being the girl…

And I’m like singing to him and I really do like swear the crowd sort of went away and it’s kind of like just us.

Then I’m done and there’s this like really heavy like sort of moment when I’m done and I don’t know what to sort of do for it because there that whole like anti-climactic moment that would have like stopped the feels if I went back to my drums.

And that’s when Angel gives me this little look, smile and a push forward and I hop off the stage and it’s like not even that like big but Max still catches me and I’m so….Baby to his Johnny and all of that scene from the bodyguard and Max lifts me down and he like kisses me.

Like for real kisses me.

up
209 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

"Like for real kisses me."

so amazing.

And I am more than a little jealous ...

DogSig.png

YAYNESS

Alecia Snowfall's picture

more Jem SQEEEEEEEE!

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Go Roxy

She deserves this too.
Great finish to the show, thanks

Jem

Whole humungas big baskets of YAYs!
You've made my week!
Thank you

Aaaawh!

Podracer's picture

Kimmie has found someone with whom she can let out her heart. A keeper or what?

"Reach for the sun."

Really enjoy fleshing Kim and Max out more.

And to do that and play around with cool scenes like the stage one is pretty cool.* Great Big Hugs *Great Big Hugs *

Bailey Summers