Jem...Chapter 80

Printer-friendly version
Angel/Jem
Jem…Chapter 80

by Bailey Summers

Copyright © 2013 Bailey Summers
All Rights Reserved.

Jem…Chapter 80

 


Author's Note: Picture used with permission from *lavonia on deviantart.


 
Chapter 80
 

Chapter 80

I look at the girls and they nod. We’re definitely game and there is this sort of code when you do a gig that it’s good form to play the night out until closing and I nod and climb off the stage and head over to the bar where Jake’s at.

It’s still pretty different getting a guy’s attention like this. I’m not going to say it’s unwanted because Jake’s actually a nice guy and he’s not like one of those leering goon types either.

Actually it’s cute and very flattering that he finds me attractive despite the difference in our ages….okay if he’s a guy then it’s not that big a thing with being attracted to a younger girl.

It’s the fact I think that he’s attracted to me is what I think I like about this.
Not that I would I mean Jake’s way closer to like my dad’s age and that’s just kind of…uhm…no.

But I kind of like the whole blush and banter that we have.

And Raven’s watching so I toss some hair from my eyes and I slip one foot in front of the other and I walk adding sway to the way I move front and back.

He smiles at me and blushes as he realizes that I fully know he’s been checking me out. “Hey nice set list, I’ll get the checks for you girls okay?’

“Actually we were wondering if you wanted us to stick around and play the whole night out.”

“You sure that’s another couple of hours?’

“You’d want us?”

“Sure we’re having a good night the more they dance the thirstier they get.”

“Okay then I guess we’ll just have to get them up dancing.” I smile and ask the bartender for a Mountain Dew a Red Bull and a Coke and a Dr. Pepper. And I take the drinks back to the stage and I walk the same way but instead I add just a little shoulder with the hip so as Raven’s watching me my breasts are doing this little shimmy shake as I come to her.

I love, love, love the way that she’s looking at me and licking her lips. I climb back up on the stage…ooooh! She reached over as soon as she could get a hold of my waist and she swings me from the second step down to on the stage.

Yeah my girlfriend is sexy and strong and talented and bigger than me…and I love it.

There was this shivery yay little thrill when she did that and I pass her the Coke and Brooklyn has the Dew and well Roxy…c’mon. Yeah the Dr. Pepper’s mine.

And I was starting to open it when Raven leans down and tilts me up and she kisses me once, twice, three times before we break it to some hooting in the crowd.

Yay…oh my leg did the knee thing too….Double yay?

It’s also kind of cool that most of the crowd is at least LGBT friendly or neutral too. Oh there a few people that seem all grumped up about it but they’re way outnumbered and either left a long while ago or they’re keeping their opinions to themselves.

I step back up to the mic. “Hey everyone!”

I get a. “Hey Jem!” Back…okay that’s pretty rockin.

“We’re going to stick around and play till closing so…..drink some more and get ready to get back up there on the dance floor because we might not have a playlist for this but we’re goin to have….”

And we go right into. *We’re here for a good time.* By Trooper. It’s a good thing we’ve got numbers and letters all figured out for stuff like this with a quick signal we’re playing.

And just because it’s a fun song we start into another little fave of mine….you really gotta love when the crowd starts up in a song with you.

When I wake up yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who wakes up next to you
When I go out yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who goes along with you

If I get drunk yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who gets drunk next to you
And if I haver yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's havering to you

But I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked 1000 miles
To fall down at your door

When I'm working yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's working hard for you
And when the money comes in for the work I'll do
I'll pass almost every penny on to you

When I come home yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who comes back home to you
And if I grow old well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's growing old with you

But I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked 1000 miles
To fall down at your door

When I'm lonely yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man whose lonely without you
When I'm dreaming yes I know I'm gonna dream
Dream about the time when I'm with you.

But I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked 1000 miles
To fall down at your door.

*I’m Gonna be* By the Proclaimers is a really great tune and a great pub tune at that and is beloved by us Canadians because it was a song on a beer commercial.

And of course a song like that needs it’s companion song so we go right from that into…
Oh before that I yell. “Hit the bar!” and we start into *Tubthumping* By Chumbawamba and that whole different drinks thing starts happening in down at the bar.

Well that needs another fun tune so I grab the ukulele and as soon as the regular fans see me grab it there’s a cheer that goes up and its hands and lighters bottles and pints being held up as I’m singing and they’re singing right along with me.

“Hey…Hey…!”
“Hey…Hey…Hey…!”

And of course just that part until I get to… “Left side Brains….!”

And though I was sort of planning this for another night *Soul Sister.* By Train is a great song to slip us into playing the next song which is a great bar anthemy drinking song. I’m smiling as playing and singing as we belt out *Oh Love.* By Green Day.

There’s some really good guitar in this too.

By that time they’re up and drinking and dancing and really getting into it and we go from the sort of sound we hand from covering Greenday to Rayne stepping forward and hitting the bass and opening the song up then Kimmie with the drums and then Brooklyn hitting her guitar and I’m smiling watching Raven playing her black hair hanging down and her in the LBD and jamming out on her base…just…just sexy as hell and the beat’s, the bass the rhythm…I almost dance to the mic and start singing my cover of *Can’t Stop* By The Red Hot Chili Peppers…..I kind of have this way of singing something like this in my head that works and that’s like…okay how’d this sound if Jessie J. sang it?

Late nigh Friday night early, early Saturday morning and the funkiness works…I love our fans the ones that came here just to see us…they’re into it and that’s pulling in some of the others.

While we’re still sort of up in the tempo I signal the change up to one of Brook’s faves and we play. *My Future’s So Bright, I Got To Wear Shades* By Timbuk3 I actually had to look that one hit wonder up when Brooklyn told me about them. It’s a good tune though and a lot of fun really to play.

Then just to be happy and to keep them dancing and drinking we play… *Safety Dance.* By Men Without Hats. I’d like to do land down under but well it’s not something I can see a girl singing. Actually I can see Kimmie singing this in a cover video.

And just for kicks I trot out something really old school with…*Run-Around.* By Blues Traveller.

And *Dance Naked* By John Mellencamp and I’m dancing and touching myself over the clothes seductively as Raven sings that to me in this sultry girl way. She’s still singing when she pulls out. *Land of a Thousand Dances* By Wilson Pickett.

What a great bar song as she starts the “Na, na, na, na….na, na… na, na!” Then she mic’s the crowd and they do it too and they do it loud too. I love it when they do that stuff…it’s just such a rush really.

We’ve really got the place just hopping with the tunes and we’re really getting into it and so the crowd especially since we’ve pulled out some really older rock tunes.

And since we’re embracing that vibe we start playing. *Old Time Rock and Roll.* By Bob Seger or his version of it since I’ve really only liked his version of it. It’s working actually pretty well too.

*Boots or Hearts* By the Tragically Hip is next and that’s a pretty popular band. Honestly they’ve got almost the same Canadiana appeal as playing Rush. The crowd still dances to it and they chant out the “Fingers and toes…” bit and I mic the crowd when it hits the “It really falls apart…!” yeah definitely working tonight. Plus honestly as a girl band it might be one of the few covers of “The Hip.” we could do.

Though Raven in my opinion could do a really stripped down version on an acoustic of “38 years old.” Maybe we might try that too as a video and do it in black and white.

We get the signal from Jake to wrap it up. It’s that soon already? I guess it is I’m going to have to remember a lot of the stuff we did tonight for tomorrow night’s show. I nod to him and step up to the mic.

“We just got last call so we’re going to end it with a slow one to dance to everyone have a great night!”

We play out the last of the shift with. *Last Night.* By The Travelling Willburys. One of the great bands that so deserved more airplay.

I watch as people are sort of following the lead of our fans and coming to the stage and thanking us for playing and staying and the tip box is getting pretty well used. Friday nights you gotta love them with the dates and everything.

And Fridays are paycheck nights for some people. And then there’s the pretty girl factor and…okay we might be getting some not so happy looks from some of the waitresses. Not all of them but there’s some of them that look like they’re pissed that we’re getting tips and …I hate to be all catty and stuff but these girls that are madder than the other girls well.

Well they’re the ones that’ve been sort of flaunting it all night. You know the ones that are on the wait staff and do make really good money by showing leg and more.

In fact I see them chatting up Jake and complaining I think as we’re talking with the fans and even signing autographs for a few of them and a couple of people are getting out information and I’m getting theirs because they might hire for a party or an event sometimes and I have Rayne right there beside me and we’re both talking to them.

Y’know some parents that are here are pretty good with the whole fact that Rayne and I are a couple. I’ve actually got my arm snaked around her waist and leaning on her as we’re talking to them. There’s a fair number of them that are kind of into the fact that we’re an LGBTQ supporting band.

Hey maybe that whole age of it being cool to be politically correct is paying off. Talk down lasts about forty five minutes actually and while they can’t serve alcohol past three AM they can serve coffee’s and soft drinks and such and there’s enough of a crowd that we kept the kitchen busy and open the entire time. Apparently you give drunk and semi drunk people enough time they’ll want fries.

Thankfully the Dad’s are there to help tear down because for a good while there brook was sucking face with Mike. I know it’s part her singing to him but it’s also part Mike getting eyed tonight like he was a prime cut of beef.

I mean true he is and he’s that built and good looking with a cute smile he had me all yes-yes over him while Rayne and I were still figuring out how and if there could be an us.

Brook’s definitely marking her territory.

I give Rayne a kiss and decide to do the same.

She does that tongue on tongue thing with me that has me wondering if she isn’t using her tongue to touch the pleasurey parts of my brain. And we end up doing that until Jake’s there coughing and blushing.

“Hey Jake.” I say smiling at him all still warm and brain fuzzy and he smiles and sort of shakes his head.

“Hey…Uhm here’s the checks for tonight okay…I uhm the girls don’t want to split the tips with you guys…sorry.”

I nod. “It’s okay, I think I get it.”

“They just think that they’re better off not splitting with you girls.”

He’s eyeing our tip box. I slide close enough to look at him. “It stays Jake.”

He blinks and he nods but one of the two that was talking to him comes over. “No way, they’re tipping you that means there less for us, get that shit out of here.”

“Jake and us have a contract and that’s one of the conditions we keep.”

She turns and looks at Jake. “What? What about us!?”

“Tammy, look it’s up at the stage the tips aren’t for service it’s because they like the music.”

“They’re already getting paid.”

I look at her. “So are you and you get tipped.”

“I work my ass off getting my tips you chippies are just up there playing around and having fun.”

Some of the other staff are drifting over.

Kimmie hops off the stage. “’Scuse me? Chippies?”

I look at Tammy. I don’t mean to sound sexist but she’s very pretty…and I’m thinking she is very used to getting her way. “Well you can count blisters with us then and see who’s working harder if you want. Look Tammy? We’re playing and we’re the entertainment so we keep people interested in staying here than going someplace else and them staying means them ordering and that means you get more or fatter tips. We’re just saying that since we’re doing the work we get the option to be tipped too.”

“Well I don’t think it’s right.” The other girl’s beside her now nodding and looking at the other servers. “Yeah it’s not right the other bands don’t do this.”

I look at them all even the other staff. “Other bands don’t but some other bands change part of the door or part of the door and drinks sometimes. We just have a tip box and we were like we always do usually always pool the tips with the staff tips and we divide it all equally.”

The two of them glared at us. “Nothing doing, no way are we going to share our tips and lose money.”

Rayne yawns. “Fine end of shift go home then. Everyone else you’re welcome to put you r tips into the kitty and we add it up and divvy it up right here.”

There’s a few looks and I look at them. “Uhm…everyone gets a cut from the door guys to the dishwashers.”

I kind of like and hate that the non-serving staff looks surprised at that. Tips aren’t just for the service to me if the food was good and the dishes were clean…there’s a whole lot of others that make a bar or café or restaurant work and the tip’s should be a communal thing.

The older and more average girls are mulling it over a bit and they toss their tips into the box and so does the bartender too.

Tammy and her friend stalk off and head out back. Tammy even gave Jake this look and said “Asshole.”

He’s red but that embarrassed and kind of mad red I reach over and rub his arm. “Chill, it’s so not worth it they’re going to be like that then it’ll get around, just like you actually sticking up for your other workers Jake.”

I lean and kiss his cheek. “Besides girls actually like the bikery looking guys that actually stand up for the little guys.”

“I…uhm…Angel…” I smile and bite my lips and okay I’m still sort of happy I’ve taken him right back to being embarrassed again.

We sit while Mike and the guys do teardown and start counting the tips. There’s a lot actually there between the bar and the food and the drinks. A lot of change and I rope Brooklyn and Kimmie into helping and counting too and wrapping money. You take it’s $3.85 for a bottle of beer here most people just pay with a five and leave the change as a tip.

That’s a lot just in the beers, then the other drinks and so on…I mean a lot. Close to a hundred and twenty people here roughly during the night close to an average of five drinks each…some people drank a lot and others not so much but according to the slips it was nearly seven hundred in the drink tips off the difference between the price of a drink and a fiver.

I wonder what Jake’s cost versus profit is on that?

Not counting the tables paying by credit or debit card and the tip on those which Jake buys from the house cash to put into the kitty. He set’s aside the tip cash on those for the girls that lets since the slips were from their tables.

Then there’s the food, the bar tips for the bar tender and then ours….and we total out at eleven hundred and sixty eight dollars and twenty five cents which we toss the quarter into a large water bottle with the idea we stop at the closest ten dollars and all that change will go off of that will go towards another staff splitting fund once we fill it. With eight and a quarter in there it’s not a bad start.

And we’re left with eleven hundred and sixty to go between all of us…which counting Jake since he’s been the host and front of house guy is eighteen people and yes including Mike it comes to sixty four dollars and forty five cents each. We all put the change in the big water bottle bringing it to another eight bucks which isn’t bad

None of it’s bad since Jake actually gets tipped for once and the bar guys are actually okay about taking home less in tips to be fair to the others. But there’s two door guys slash coat-check and bouncers…and the two cooks, the dishwasher, the two bus boys all getting tips that they didn’t get anywhere close too if at all and the four waitresses that chipped in all brought home slightly more than they usually did.

Not remotely bad in my book and extra sixty plus dollars makes some peoples weeks I know that and it really never hurts us to spread the wealth.

It certainly won’t hurt the four of us and we might not get as well tipped as tonight so make hay while the sun shines right?

We get hugged and handshaked which is weird for me now but yeah the dishwasher’s a college kid and the two bus boys are local so their really happy and so are the two cooks.

Tammy and oh…her buddy; Hillary left laughing at all of us because they took home well over a hundred and twenty dollars each compared to us.

I just really shake my head is all…I really don’t get the I’ve got mine screw you mentality some people have.

We’re almost out of there and done when I check out our cheques and he paid us for the full time….from eight until three is seven hours that’s just over a hundred bucks each. Actually it’s once cheque for four hundred and twenty dollars.

Which we put in an envelope and deposit into our get paid account so our guy at the bank can actually keep separate and take off the band takes and stuff first and then pay us out. I figure by the time it’s done we’ll see like thirty five of it but that’s still not bad.

Kim’s less than enthused at the idea and gives me this look. “Okay…okay fine just stop it with all the financial dad-speak.”

I smile and hug her. “Just think of it this way between the time the weekend money clears and the week day money clears we’ll all have rotating money in our accounts.”

“Angel…….” She whines. “My brain…stop…”

“Okay, okay Roxy-Moogle…” I hug her tighter. “It’s almost sun up who’s for Timmies?”

We all agree and we convoy it there and it’s just heading towards six AM and the doors are just opening and we’re actually pulling into the one where Rayne and the girls first took me naked and wrapped up and still Jase.

I’m actually just grinning as we head inside. Yes we have cinnamon rolls at home but there’s something just majical about that first batch just freshly made and I actually want to buy Davey a coffee since he’s always got one in hand half the time I see him.

It’s actually beyond nice to be doing this and despite being really tired and punchy I’m having early AM Timmies with Dad and some fresh doughnuts which we’ve only ever got to do a few times when I was on the road with him on my summer vacations and he needed me as an extra pair of hands on a job.

I get to have my morning moments of zen with everyone I care about all sitting around me as we’re all sort of enjoying the morning chill and just sitting around like a bunch of cats longing in the sun and around warm vehicles.

Dad there on one side of me and Rayne on the other and I’m snuggled into her. We even have the blanket from before around us. It was a really great way to spend a half an hour.

We eventually do pack ourselves back in the vehicles and head home. I’m tired but not still sort of charged and we get all unpacked and all the computers set up for our after show stuff and Mike and Brooklyn and Kimmie are taking care of all that and I look at Rayne and smile at the idea.

“How bout go shower hon and I’ll see dads and the boys off then meet you up in our bedroom?”

“Our bedroom?”

I blush. “Well it’s kinda becoming that right?”

She leans over and slowly kisses me. “It is…and sure.” She heads up stairs and I’m semi hypnotized watching her go. I might not be a guy but it still hasn’t changed the way I love watching her move.

Actually and no offense to any straight people but I think I’m getting just how beautiful Rayne really is.

I’m actually pretty fast at getting the dad’s and them the cinnamon rolls and there’s hugs and kisses and they head off.

I’m pretty sure that dad had an idea that I wanted some serious girlfriend time. He was all smiles when he hugged me but he’s dad and cool enough not to say something embarrassing.

The others are busy so I head to the kitchen and grab a few of the biggest oranges we have and wash it off then I pop it into the microwave for a few minutes. Really warm but not hot…I smile and wrap it in a cup towel and head upstairs and set then on the bed next to the wall.

I smile and head to the bathroom and am stripping out of my sweaty clothes and everything and bite my lip with just a bit of self consciousness and slip in with Rayne. It’s still kind of the hard point for me…other than my hair I’m still looking like a skinny boney girl…no chest, no hips and well that part.

And in the shower’s my Rayne wet and soapy, lush and curvy. I’m jealous but I’m enthralled and in love with her more.

“Hey…” She purrs pushing her wet hair out of her face. The effect her arms doing that does the most amazing things to her breasts.

“Hey, can I join you?”

“I think you have to, water sharing and all that doing our share to save the planet.”

I smile and my self image issues fade as she drapes her arms around my shoulders and neck and we kiss.

And kiss…there’s more too and those slow sexy touches with the sensual slickness of soap suds and that whole thing where tenderness turns into something erotic and sensual.

I’ve got a few tears going just from being moved by it…to have someone actually touch you with human contact is amazing. To have it a romantic thing…it’s sometimes in that realm of…me…?

But my Rayne’s a lesbian…and I’m not even on hormones yet but it doesn’t stop one of her hands from touching my flat chest and just pushing up the little there underneath into this little budding shape and she softly and slowly French’s me there and he other hand touches me, stokes my skin…she takes a breath and exhales… “Beautiful…” to me which is again that me…? feeling. I shudder as she presses my…y’know to my pelvic bone and using the slickness the back of her hand…her soapy knuckles of her middle and ring finger rubbing the trapped underside of the tip… “Angel…Sweet Angel…feel that…I found it…found your little sweet nub.”

I last seconds…maybe a minute and I try to hold off but it’s from biting my lip to a shaking gasp of. “Oh..oh ff…Rayne!” I’m gripping for the shower nozzle to keep my footing until she’s holding me up her arms around me and is back to kissing me sweetly.

“Oh…oh wow I’m so glad that it wasn’t just me…”

She grins at the end of the kiss. “Oh definitely not…” She turns the shower off and we barely towel off the worst of the water and we head to the bathroom kissing some more and I guide her onto the bed.

I kiss her and reach over getting one of the warmed oranges.

She laughs. “What? What’s that for?”

“Breakfast.” I say grinning and I gently push her down and I set the warm orange right between her breasts and she moans a little. I grin and smile at her. “Just relax and enjoy okay?”

“Okay…I think I like oranges more now…”

I use the flat of my hand to move the warm orange like one of those old video game controllers…between her breasts…around them and underneath of them but other places too…her sides in that little curves of hip to waist.

Abdomen…

Another warm orange…shoulders, collar bone and her neck…I alternate with kisses and love bites…the oils are just touching her skin scenting her and blending in with the scent of her skin and her shea and cocoa butter body wash making her so…

God scent is powerful…

“Roll over.”

I smile as she giggles at that. “Oh that’s a dangerous request usually.” and the last really warm orange I take out and rubs it at her tailbone first to start making her moan. I say softy to her. “Don’t worry you’ll like it.”

It’s…it’s just like it seems and sounds…a rolling massage with Rayne making those sounds as I use it to make her feel good between the kisses and touches.

I can’t hold back any more and I crack open the orange with my thumbs and spill juice out onto her back from between her shoulder blades and letting the juices that escape my licking them off her skin and then sliding down to where it was pooling down into the small of her back.

I kiss there and slowly clean it off… “God you’re amazing…you taste so amazing…” I’m murmuring it into her skin.

“It’s the orange…” She gasps and I smile at the goosebumps I’m raising on her.

“It’s not the oranges…”……….. “Definitely not the oranges.”……… “Roll over…”

Rayne giggles again. “I like you like this….it’s different…”

I smile and kiss her leaning over her. “Thank you…I just…I really, really want to repay the favor.”

We kiss again and it’s a bit more than sex kissing but more intimate and loving kissing and I smile and break the kiss and toss the first opened orange into the trash and take another.

She’s staring at me and biting her lip as I open the next orange carefully just letting a trickle fall before settling down to sip and lick while still staring into her eyes.

“Such a good morning.” I smile as it just gets better.

up
234 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

“Such a good morning.”

indeed. but after all this yayness, we should probably find out what Summer and Adam have been up to ....

DogSig.png

You're reading my mind Dorothy:)

I'm currently started in on some of our un-favorite people.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey a Proud Big Brother.

Bailey Summers

Jem

How did I miss this little ... Jem, although at this point little might be a bit of an understatement.

Hmmm

Oranges! :)
Hugs
Grover

Thanks Michelle:)

I'm really glad that you liked it and there'll be more coming.
*Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

oh my...

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Oh my... I may never be able to look at an orange the same way again!

It was sad to see those two waitresses being so difficult over the tips, particularly given that keeping the tips for themselves would have left several members of staff with nothing because they weren't in tip earning positions (and once I'd googled the meaning of the insult given to the girls, it was a 'grrrrr! game on' moment). I was briefly disappointed in Jake that he let the pretty girl waitress sway him enough that Angel was forced to defend the tips bucket but Angel was right, the big guy standing up for the little guys is kinda sexy.

I think this was probably for me the girls best set list yet over these two chapters, with the mix of old and new. I had itunes and youtube open as I was reading it listening to the songs. Timbuk 3 were seriously underrated and 'the future's so bright' is just an amazing feel good song. It was a few years after its release but one I listened to a lot when revising for my university exams. It's still a song I listen to when feeling a bit down. 'Old Time Rock and Roll' is forever that scene in Risky Business for me but a great song. No one's better than Bob doing it but it's a great fun crowd song. :-) As for 'Land Down Under' I would agree it would be difficult to cover particularly as it only works with an Aussie accent for me.

Great to see another chapter and Angel and Rayne continuing to develop their relationship.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Yes Jemima, Oranges are very Yay things.

Though I still might have this lemonade thing that's mirroring the tequila thing but licking sugar off...

Jake was caught in the guy place between strong women even if Tammy and company weren't all that nice. There's actually a lot of that going on that the top tip earners will not want to share their tips and will jump ship if forced to do it for a place where they keep the lions share.

Unfortunately a lot of these Are the pretty and they know it and know they're draws for the single guys and stuff.

Angel wants to keep things fair but to her the band is serving up entertainment and they work hard up there just like the rest of the staff.

I'm really glad you liked the playlist, it actually eats up the most of my writing time for these chapters with trying to fit the tracks into a flow.

*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Environmental

Elsbeth's picture

“I think you have to, water sharing and all that doing our share to save the planet.”

Well of course, very important :) Nice to see Jem and the girls continue to spread the wealth. For one thing its a really nice thing to do, the other is that its great PR that will help with later as word gets around. Great chapter as always.

*huggles*

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

Sharing the wealth's really important to Angel.

Karma for the most part but for me as a writer too I know the behind the scenes staff get SFA way too often. $20/30/40.00 extra can make a huge difference in the span of a week or a month even.

*Huggles Back*

Bailey Summers

It's sad that there is always

It's sad that there is always one bad apple leading a few others, I have a feeling those girls will find themselves losing in the long run.

Big hugs

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Totally Lizzie:)

People talk and between the two places they've regular work at now and the stuff the staff will talk about word will get around about Tammy and company and no one likes those kind of people really.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey...The Godfather:)

Bailey Summers

there are always a couple

of alpha bitches around. cussing out the boss is not ever a good ideal. it can lead to firing, bad hours and blackballing.
sounds like a great show.
keep up the great work, thanks

Jake won't really come down on them.

Sure they're not the nicest girls but they do draw the single guys in a lot and it's their choice to be that way about the tips. He knows they won't quit over it since there's not that many places out there to get the tips they are getting.

*Hugs and Howls*

Bailey Summers

We're Out Here!

I have nothing to add, just wanted you to know I look forward to each installment of Jem, FTL, Martian, Sweet Dreams, etc. It is a happy discovery when I look in and find something by you. BTW - My 17 year old daughter has adopted Scunt into her vocabulary! No problem!

Thanks,
Larimus

Thanks so much Larimus:)

I'm glad she's enjoying a new word...LOL! I really and truly enjoy the support. Hopefully there'll be more chapters coming out soon.
*Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Happy!!

Pamreed's picture

Thanks Bailey, such a pleasant image to take to bed with me!!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Pamela

You're very welcome Pam:)

Oranges are awesome but lemons...with sugar...and lemonade...:)
*Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

"That Ain't Workin'..."

Guess they could play Dire Straits' "Money for Nothing" next time and dedicate it to Tammy. Except that picking a fight with an employee where you're working isn't usually good for business...

Eric

Keep the Jem coming

I like the play list it is more than the songs. Jake makes the good money and the women are wrestling over the tips each trying to get a little further ahead.
To what extent did the group play for more tips; because the music was alive and you ride it for what it is worth; because in public that is the way for a band to make-out with each other...
Life like this story shows has a flow not easily defined in its boundaries.

Hugs, JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Planning on more but the comments do help:)

I generally re-read them getting inspired for the next chapters.
Thanks Jessie C.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers