Jem…Chapter 186

Printer-friendly version

Jem...Chapter 186

*Officer Bobby Fraser…

It had been frustrating as hell waiting for the Cp and some of the higher ups deciding what to do with the evidence that they had.

He wanted Adam Marshal the Third, he knew that his father was dirty but from the things that Angel had sent him from the recordings and the testimony taken from Carmen Wilson there was a lot of damning evidence that could be used to try and make a case towards the little bastard.

And there wasn’t.

The girl could testify but Adam had all these other girls that were saying it was his father.

And from Carmen’s own recordings they knew that he had them not just in debt but blackmailed from all these tapes of them doing all these things and that he’d absolutely pull the trigger on those recordings to ruin their lives.

It was coming down hard on whether to move on things again.

All of it hinged on one thing.

Well more than one thing actually there was the one arrest that might change everything if they talked and then there was some of the higher ups that wanted to run with things as they were and nail Adam Marshal the Second to the wall.

There were folks that wanted that victory because they could get it and make political gains with it.

Some of them thought if they could break Adam the Second that he’d cave on Adam Senior and the whole pile of crap would fall to pieces.

But if that was the case then the kid...the one Angel says is the real dangerous one he’ll skate.

With his age and record and the family lawyers he’d end up in some walled country club if even that.

It’s why he wanted to move...move of the school and get things going that way.

See it wasn’t even getting the little turd that he wanted to net.

No that kid would lead him to his suppliers and hopefully to Adam the Third.

Or at the very least give them even more probable cause to turn his life upside down looking for those recordings.

He’d die in prison from old age with all the possible consecutive sentences for rape, and blackmail and sexual assault.

That’s if he was shanked first.

But he needed to get to that little shit first.

The arguing was going on now for over an hour and he paced and drank coffee like it was something a lot harder and he paced and paced.

Getting Adam might be the only way to find those missing girls.

And again…

Again he was facing his past.

Native girls go missing all the time...it was one of the worst plagues that still was barely getting a dent put in it either.

And when he was fourteen his best friend and the one person that had sheltered him from their addict parents was snatched away.

His older sister Sarah Fisher stolen away and either kidnapped or murdered at age seventeen.

He knew that she was long dead….it’d been twenty six years since she vanished.

He worked some of these cases before too.

And...and time was running out on finding these girls before like so many others they became a statistic.

There were times that it was hard, as hard as anything to keep his head, and be detached when he wanted to do so much more.

So he paced and he paced.

Waited and listened mentally pouncing towards the phones every time that they rang.

Word came after midnight.

Constable Warren Mcleod came in holding a set of papers neatly folded.

“We have the warrant for the little dealer shit Donny Larkin.”

Things started moving after that with the RCMP getting ready vests on and lights and the door crasher.

They moved fast getting everything in place and moved out as quiet as they could heading to the Larkin house just before sun up.

The place fit the charges, not the best part of town and actually almost perfect for a low level dealer. Just on the cusp of one of the town’s larger trailer courts and literally right next to a middle class to lower middle class working neighborhood that had sprung up to be close to the local industrial park over the years.

They moved in when Thomas Larkin came out seat pants on and wife beater shirt to get the paper that had just been delivered and they rushed in and they motioned for him to get on the ground and to drop.

The man complied still not fully awake and dropped his travel mug of coffee in the process.

One of the officers stayed and served him the warrants for his home.

They asked super quietly “Dogs?”

He shook his head no.

They slipped in and the wife was up and she stared and she went to scream and one of the officers motioned for her to be quiet.

He asked. “Donnie’s room?”

She pointed downstairs to the basement and they went down slowly.

That’s when they heard the mother scream. “Donnie run it’s the cops!”

There was sounds upstairs and Officer Bobby Fraser cursed and he ran up the stairs as hard and fast as he could there were two officers ahead of him and the one that had been in the kitchen with the mother was steaming...not burning and the smell of hot sausage grease was all over him.

He told the officer ahead of him. “Arrest her and help Munroe.”

Then he and Carrington went upstairs and through the door with the small doorknocker ram and the kid swung a baseball bat hard hitting Carrington in the arm and knocking his gun to the ground and Carrington kept going and caught him in a bearhug tackle that had them go up and then crashing down hard through the bed.

The kid screamed and not just in pain but in anger and rage too and he fought pretty hard fists going and trying to deliver hard knees to Carrington’s ribs and side like he had some training of some kind and he even bite officer Carrington on the cheek hard and definitely tearing into flesh and drawing blood.

Donny went in for another bite and Carrington jumped back and away and shouted “Fog!”

Which was the watchword they used for using pepper spray.

Officer Fisher backed off covering his eyes and took a breath as officer Carrington blaster the little dealer with the pepper spray gun full in the face and the little asshole freaked out and screamed and Carrington kept the shot going for a good four or five seconds before dropping it and rolling the gagging and retching and screaming punk around and cuffing him.

Officer Fisher moved out of the way and let Officer Carrington take him, he definitely earned that arrest and then some.

More RCMP came in and he saw others there from the crime lab in Toronto here and with gear.

“Alright we have the warrants and more than enough cause let’s tear this place apart. Put the mother and son in separate cars but don’t take them off the site i want them to see everything that we find and let that pile on heavier and heavier.”

***

The search took just over an hour as the house wasn’t that large and there were not too many places to hide things besides Donny’s room and the attic and basement. The attic was an unexpected yield from his folks with many, many boxes of illegal cartons of cigarettes.

Several thousands of dollars worth of those and another search of the garage turned up several cases of hard liquor from the United States that were without customs or duty stickers.

It seemed the family itself was into all sorts of business.

And Donny.

Well a search of his room found several kilos of marijuana with some bagged for smaller sales and there was several bags of pills of varying kinds as well as nearly a kilogram of the black ice meth and the sinker for Donny was a set of scales and a cutting board with meth residue on it.

The test stick turned that purple pink color.

The officers watching them said Donny was even more agitated as were his mother whom was being charged with assaulting an officer and a host of other things.

When he came out and walked towards the car he saw Donny staring at him and he was already saying loudly through the plate glass and the door.

“I want a deal!”

***

Donny had turned over several people with a few other dealers in town that he supplied as well as the trucker from Toronto that brought in the pills and he gave up Justin.

Justin the kid that was always with Adam.

“And Justin gets his orders from Adam?” Officer Fisher asked again for the dozenth time.

“Yeah, yeah I keep telling you Justin doesn’t fart, dude he doesn’t breathe without Adam’s say so.”

That was the story over and over and Donny was either really stupid or he was smart enough to actually not say that he seen or heard Adam tell anyone to do anything illegal.

It was all that they were getting and time was running out.

The CP looked at him as he came out of the interrogation room. “I’m giving you the warrants to pick them up anyways we already have the information search warrants lined up and our people ready to go Bobby.”

He sighed. “I just hope we have enough time to look through his files and things before he gets out and his lawyers file a cease on our search, we’ll lose probable.”

She nodded. “And I’ll delay that as much as I can, I’ve a few things that I can try to do to stall it but try and get this Bobby, if we have Junior and then Junior-Junior we might be able to nail Adam senior to the wall too and break up another one of these old crooked blue blood types.”

She passed him the new warrants and he called out for several officers and headed out to Harper Point Regional High School.

up
206 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice to see the law is

thliwent's picture

Nice to see the law is working hard behind the scenes, hope this turns out well for Angel and the rest of SLB.

...

the question is not whether it will work out for Angel and SLB, but whether it will happen fast enough. I would hate to see Adumb get his hands on Angel before the RCMP catches up with him.

That is a worry

God forbid Adam gets cornered, he will do everything in his power to hurt Angel.

At a minimum, he will out her but I can imagine worse.

The Great Thing...

waif's picture

...about unraveling a criminal enterprise is that once you pull a single thread loose, the others start to fall into line. Despite all his money and power, there are just too many people that know exactly what Adam 3 has been doing. All it takes is one drugged out teen prostitute to come unglued and start naming others who can corroborate. Adam thinks he is brilliant, but he has never been interested in compartmentalizing his 'business'. He has an overwhelming ego that makes him micromanage things and that means he becomes physically involved in too many things for him to ever hide his actions.

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

Reminds me of cartoons

Where all of a sudden, the criminal gets exposed and will do something evil very soon and the police gets called out and rushes to the scene.

Hope they get there before evil man ties the fiercely struggling heroine to the train tracks.

There is no honor........

D. Eden's picture

Among scumbags. But then again, how can someone wholly without honor be expected to act honorably?

Unfortunately, we tend to handcuff our police. Criminals have no such issues.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Needs a trigger warning for

Needs a trigger warning for the pepper spray.

I was tortured with that stuff when I was protesting against the wars. I thought i was going to die, because of the pain, and I have asthma so I don't know what would have happened if I'd been breathing in when they sprayed it into my mouth.