Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1157.

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike)
Part 1157
by Angharad

Copyright © 2010 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

Simon and I were just getting comfortable for a five minute cwtch when the phone rang.

I picked it up off the bedside table, “Hello,” I almost chortled down the phone because of what Simon was doing to me at that moment.

“Mummy, can you come and get us?”

“Is the film over then?”

“It is for us–they threw us out of the cinema.”

“Why? What did you do–no don’t tell me over the phone, I’ll wait till I get there.”

“What’s all that about?” asked Si as I put the phone down.

“It seems the two girls got kicked out of the cinema.”

“Eh, what were they doing–throwing ice creams at the screen?”

“I have no idea but I shall find out when I collect them.”

“When’s that?” he asked blowing on the back of my neck.

“Now, “ I got up off the bed and began to straighten the few items of clothing I still wore, before redressing.

“Make ‘em wait for half an hour, it’ll do ‘em good.”

“After what happened last time, I don’t think so.” I finished dressing and grabbed my bag and car keys. “You could always come with me.”

What–um–yeah, okay.” He rolled off the bed and pulled on his trousers and the top he’d been wearing, slipped on his trainers and followed me out, grabbing his jacket as I pulled on my coat.

We chatted in the car until I spotted the girls and they came running over to the car. They were surprised to see me driving my own car and for Simon to be in the passenger seat. Usually he drove, mind you, I think Julie was surprised to see him there at all.

I pulled the car up the road until I found a spot where I could park and they could tell me what happened.

“We got into the film–there were loads of women in pairs there,” started Julie.

“Given the content, is that surprising?” I said quietly.

“Nah, s’pose not, anyway the film began and we had this group o’boys behind us an’ they kept kicking the backs of our seats.”

“So why didn’t you move seats?”

“The place was pretty full and we were there first, so they shoulda moved–I mean they shouldn’t be kicking our seats anyway.”

“So what did you say?”

“I asked ‘em politely to stop.”

“How politely?”

“She said, ‘Hey dickhead, lay off the kicking my seat’,” laughed Phoebe.

“I didn’t,” denied Julie, “I called him dickbreath.”

Simon snorted and I felt like banging my head against a wall somewhere private. “What happened next?”

“He told me and my lesbo girlfriend to do something very vulgar and get lost afterwards.”

“And, what did you do or say?” I asked as patiently as I could.

“It was her idea,” Julie blamed Phoebe.

“Um–well it seemed like a good one at the time,” said Phoebe shrinking down in her seat.

“What did you do?”

“We, um snogged in front of them.”

I had to admit I wasn’t expecting that, but I tried to keep a straight face while I could hear Simon trying not to laugh or gasp, unless of course he’d had a heart attack and was in death throes–it was hard to tell.

“Yeah, they made all sorts of obscene suggestions then, so I sprayed ‘em.”

“You sprayed them, Phoebe?”

“Yeah, sorrrreeee, I shook my bottle of Pepsi and held my thumb over the end an’ sprayed ‘em. Boy were they pissed.”

I wasn’t entirely surprised.

“One o’ them grabbed me, an’ Julie like decked ‘im with a straight shot to the side of ‘is ‘ead.”

“Yeah, me ‘and still ‘urts.”

“An’ that’s when they like chucked us out.”

At this point Simon lost it completely and I couldn’t decide if he was laughing or crying–it transpired he was doing both–I always know I can count on his support, except he couldn’t speak for laughing for ten minutes–and then his suggestion wasn’t what I’d have offered.

“Oh I needed a good laugh,” he said wiping his eyes, “C’mon let’s pop in the pub on the way home.”

I was so astonished I made no murmur of protest, I mean children I was responsible for had perpetrated lewd behaviour in a public place and then started fisticuffs–we should be punishing them, not celebrating, even if it was amusing.

Simon told me to pull into the Green Knight, and we went and found a table in the corner while he went off to get drinks–cokes for the girls and a St Clements for me.

“Why did you have to hit him?” I asked Julie who had some bruised knuckles.

“’Cos he wouldn’t let ‘er go, when I asked him nicely.”

“Did other people see you?”

“Oh yeah, all the women roared when we like, kissed.”

I’ll bet they did–why me? Why do I seem to find myself in this world which is spinning round quite happily and some idiot, often one of my family, does something stupid which disrupts everything? Okay, what they did was cheeky rather than funny–only a man would find it funny or sexy. I thought it was embarrassing. What would I have done? Moved seats–too many witnesses unless the police are called and then one could complain about kicking the seats. Why were teenage boys there anyway, apart from to watch the girls or women, especially in pairs who went to watch it–although listening to the critique of it on Radio 4’s Front Row it is a chick flick, but one which is handled very sensitively in dealing with same sex marriages and sperm donors in the US. They also had an interview on theToday programme with Julianne Moore, after which the interviewer declared himself to be star struck by the lovely Hollywood actress.

“Here,” Simon passed me the tray of drinks from which he removed his pint of Randy Stoat or whatever the real ale was called. I took a good sip of mine when he said, “I got a double vodka put in that,” which caused me to irrigate the table and cough like mad, much to the amusement of the girls. “I owed you that,” he said and went off to the gents.

Julie handed me a paper napkin thing which had been on the tray and I mopped up the mess I’d made. I couldn’t actually remember the last time I’d nearly caused him to choke to death, but I thought it was a pretty mean trick, and if he fancied going back to what we were doing before we came out, he had another think coming. Nah, I thought I’d have a lesbian experience instead, getting a girl to suck on my boobs and so on–only, I think when she’s only about three months old, they call it motherhood.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9134000/9134446.stm

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
205 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I can just imagine

ALISON

' the teen age boys telling everyone how one of their mates 'got decked by a girl'.LOL.

ALISON

I would bet

they tell everyone it was a big 6ft tall bodybuilder!!

Kirri

Hmm

I wonder what the Halloween Episode is going to be like

Bike pt 1157.

Those two girls must be taking after Cathy and Stella

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Glad the girls didn't get in trouble

Loved the humor of the situation and their actions but the world today has not sense of humor so surprised the theatre staff didn't call the police. Hope the boys got kicked out too! Wondering if a shared adventure will bring them closer.

Then there is Cathy and her "lesbian" experience. LOL

A really funny episode but

don't get me started on 'The Kids are Alright'. Despite what the producers of the flick - who are lez btw - say, I despise the idea that Julianne Moore's character had to wind up sleeping with a guy because it implies lesbians only have to wait for the right man to come along. The producers traded one point - lesbian couples are great parents - for the sexual thing I just mentioned just to make it sell to a mainstream audience. I heard them defend this plot point on an interview in the states and all I can say is: Bollocks.

It's very funny that you think of Julie as a girl ( and she is ) but then you realize the 'lesbian' kiss was really not at least in the identity sense but only true if you view it strictly on a physical sex level. *snort*.

Kim

Waiting for the right man

Zoe Taylor's picture

lesbians only have to wait for the right man to come along

I actually watched some poor idiot say this to a biker chick lesbian friend of mine once. She knocked him out cold. ^_^

*ahem*

I now return you to your regularly scheduled 'Bike'. :-D

Apologies for the 'drift, but that comment brought back that one little fond memory, which totally made my day in the process.

*giggle*

~* Queen of Sweetness *~

Become a Patron for early access ♥

An interesting item

from the BBC. I'm pleased that Evan Davis appeared to concentrate on film making rather than just that particular film. I was also pleased to hear that the opposition to controversial subjects seems to be a small minority, albeit a vocal one.

It's long past time that society stopped speaking with a forked tongue; saying things like "it's much better for a child to be raised by two parents than by one." If both parents love each other and the child, then it is very likely. It should not, however, preclude same-sex couples or single parents raising children if it is in the best interests of the child.

Ang, I like the way you introduced the topic - also the surrounding drama.

S.

No idea what a St Clement's is ...

... as both my wife and I are (Imperial) pints of real ale people like Simon, but adding a double vodka to the drink of a driver is highly irresponsible.

However I can understand Simon's hilarity (and, I suspect, admiration) at the girls' quite understandable behaviour. I only hope Julie hasn't hurt her hand too badly :)

An episode well up to the anticipated standard we have come to expect - thanks :)

Robi

St Clements

Orange and lemon mixture, Robi.
In reply to the "is it lesbo if a pre op kisses a girl", well, I have only written one central character who was a lesbian,and she died pre-op.
I've been female all my life.

When we got married...

When we got married, neither my wife, nor I thought we were lesbians. (Okay, I thought I was crazy - a bit - and was pretending REALLY HARD. But, I really had no idea it was even possible for a girl to be trapped in a guy's body.).

It was several years later, when I broke down and went to a shrink (weekly for a few months!) that I came to understand that not only was it possible, but that it explained what I'd felt as far back as I could remember. At that point, I realized I was a lesbian, but my wife didn't yet...

For two years now, we've both known it, and for less time, her family knows it. It's only a matter of time, before the general public discovers that the parents of our daughters are lesbians...

(Okay, it's a different look at things).

Anne

Love

Oddly,there was a story added tonight about a FtM going backto his husband. The point made there seemed to me to be that if you love an individual, it is a catch-all. If they change their appearance,they remain the same person. Thus, to call pre-existing partners "lesbian" may not be correct. It may just be a continuation of what you felt before.

Teamwork?

Thanks A+B, another very enjoyable Bikesode.

I sense Cathy's frustration at always having to be the responsible parent. It's time that she and Simon sorted out their parenting strategies and worked together, particularly if Simon's bank department's move to Portsmouth goes ahead and he assumes a more hands-on role.

Parental Synergies


Bike Resources

The Kids Are Alright

Yup, I'll prolly take the girls to it.

Those girls! Yallah ! (come on) Maybe the UK needs some leash laws?

NO, I got it! make em wear Nun's habits. They keep me outta trubble.

Gwendolyn

Sometimes, just sometimes,

A girl giving some stupid yob a punch just works. However, it has to be measured, cautious and done in full public view so the yob can't react with excess violence. He just has to be made to look a complete a------e!

Sorry.

It had to be said.

Still lovin' it.

Beverly.

bev_1.jpg