Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 1103.

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike)
Part 1103
by Angharad

Copyright © 2010 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

Dealing with tiny-wee–except her wees were anything but tiny–became the next priority. You can hardly explain to a three week old baby, ‘Sorry kid ya gorra wait, gorra feed the others first,’ can you? Besides I felt as if my mammaries were becoming full close to capacity and it would be ironic if I was the first woman to be killed by them exploding.

I picked up my bundle of joy and she stopped crying, restarting when I decided it was better to change her than feed her first. I didn’t think poo would do her skin any good at all and getting some into her bladder could cause all sorts of infection problems. So a change of nappy after a quick bum wipe/wash, then a feed.

Her priorities were different and she bawled the whole time until at last clean and dry, I undid the cover on my bra and she practically swallowed my boob. Okay, a slight exaggeration–but you get the picture.

Of course she was ravenous and took it down too quickly–I thought that only happened with bottles?–apparently not. She stopped and I winded her, whereupon she gave a huge burp and brought up half her feed–all over both of us. The joys of motherhood. Stella stood watching and laughing, Julie wasn’t sure what to think and Trish was disgusted. “You need to teach that baby it’s rude to burp.”

I wiped myself down with a spare nappy, and we started again–on the feeding. It went easier this time, in fact she was so relaxed, she kept falling asleep and I had to stroke her cheek to keep her feeding. Of course she pooped again and I changed her completely then–she grumbled rather than cried and after Julie gave her a cuddle–I was changing myself–we put her down to sleep and Trish helped me make some lunch.

Tom arrived with the other two as I made scrambled eggs on toast with chopped tomatoes for a bit of extra colour and flavour. After lunch I expressed some milk, watched by the three younger girls–they were fascinated that I could get milk out of my boobs and how big they seemed to be compared to usual.

Certainly they drew the attention of men. When I was last in a shop, the man serving me looked at my bulging chest the whole time. I wasn’t impressed and reminded him at the end that it was customary to look people in the eyes when you talk to them not talk to their chest. He blushed and stuttered an apology and hoped that I wouldn’t report him–I didn’t, I have better things to do.

The afternoon faded into evening and once more meals became my priority. Trish and Julie fed junior from the bottle while I started dinner. Trish had been itching to do this, since she’d fed Puddin’ by bottle in the hospital incubator. I sat her down and placed the baby in her arms, and showed her how to support her head. She clucked like a mother hen and Julie agreed to watch the two of them while I popped the chicken in the oven.

Julie burped her and I watched as Trish and Meems changed her nappy and cleaned her up. I was quite impressed–I don’t normally associate Trish with dolls–which she doesn’t really care for, but she does seem to like real babies. I wondered if she might like a life size doll–but then rejected it. There is no substitute for the real thing, and that seems to be where her interest lies.

After a roast dinner, we settled down to watch a video of Fantasia, one of the best Disney cartoons ever made–considering it was made so long ago, the imagery and music combinations are absolute magic. The girls love it, and I promised they could watch it through to the end before they went to bed.

Billie and Livvie wanted to help feed and change Baby C tomorrow, and I promised they could if they behaved. Danny looked bored and asked if he could go and see his friends tomorrow. I told him I’d probably let him, depending upon the weather. Then after I got the girls in bed I went to chat with him.

“You regretting coming to live with a bunch of women?”

“It can be a bit borin’, Mum.”

“You’re not enamoured of babies?”

“If that means do I like ‘em? Not really, I’d rather be out playin’ footie or with the lads.”

“Where do you plan on meeting them?”

“Over by the rec. We’re gonna play football.”

“What time?”

“About ten, I think.”

“You could cycle there, couldn’t you?”

“On my MTB?”

“Yes, don’t forget to take a lock with you.”

“So I can go?”

“Yes, but don’t get into any trouble, will you?”

“Muuum,” he protested.

“Suuuuun,” I replied.

“Okay, I promise.”

“Take a change of clothing with you and some waterproofs–the forecast for tomorrow looks a bit iffy.”

“Okay–thanks, Mum.” I bent down to hug him and he kissed me on my cheek.

“Oh, by the way, if all goes well, the adoption should go through next week, according to the solicitor.”

“That’ll be good, can I change my name to Cameron?”

“I take it you mean your surname?”

“Muuum.” He protested and I sniggered.

“See how you feel later, we’ll discuss it after the rest goes through.”

“Kewl,” he said with a big smile on his face.

I wasn’t sure how I felt about them giving up their old surnames, I suppose because I could see some benefit in keeping their links with their original families–perhaps I was wrong. I wouldn’t stop any of them from doing it, nor would I encourage it.

I loved all my charges, of that I was sure. I didn’t always like what they said or did, but loving and liking aren’t the same, as I tried to explain to Julie earlier. I felt sorry for Danny, given what had happened to the other boy who’d come to stay with us. I still wasn’t sure about Billie. So far she seemed to be enjoying being a girl–maybe when it got a bit more intensive such as school, she might change her mind and revert. I would have to arrange some extra appointments with Stephanie for her and also do one for Julie, perhaps Trish too–though she seemed to stay level headed and cheerful.

I wondered if anyone had replied to my advert, I asked for it to be inserted for three nights–it was lovely having my own doll to play with, except she was hard work and the drawbacks from breastfeeding were becoming apparent–it was very time consuming, and unless I expressed enough to the bottle, also meant I couldn’t delegate much of it.

I wanted Simon to do some–bottle feeding, of course–you didn’t think I meant growing his own–the mind boggles. I wanted him to feel a strong bond with the baby. I mean, he’s actually very good with all the kids, though I do wonder if he sees them as his kids, or an indulgence to me?

If that was the case, the latter, I mean, I’d be very disappointed in him. He’s so good with Meems–who’s his favourite. He tries with Danny, but isn’t very good at it, Trish terrifies him–she is so bright, and Livvie is a bit of it all–she’s bright but doesn’t know it quite as well as Trish, whose confidence seems to grow weekly. What she’ll be like in ten years–I dread to think–she’ll either be an absolute angel or a total monster.

I went to bed with this playing on my mind and was woken in the night by another little monster craving my flesh–well all right, certain fatty appendages which spout boob juice. Would I ever learn to cope with this disturbed nights bit?

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
202 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I liked seeing

that the new baby and breastfeeding dazzle has turned into something normal. Bigger boobs, getting stared at and puked on and interrupted sleep is something Udderly womanly. I'm sure she might feel more in awe of the total package if she thought about what she was getting to live.

Bailey Summers

A Day in the Life

littlerocksilver's picture

Just a very nice depiction of a fairly normal day for a breast feeding mother with seven children. Nothing to it. Certainly glad to see the others are helping.

Portia

Portia

Seven children...

Plus a cousin (Puddin') - never mind three other adults and a dog!

Somehow I think Leon's visits are going to get a little more interesting - as Danny will inevitably want to hang out with Leon to get away from the girls, while Julie will be trying to grab him for herself...

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Men and boobs.

Hi Ang.

What is it with men and boobs? They just can't seem to get their line of site above 20 below.
As for the boob juice thing, well what 'bloke' hasn't lusted after his partner's milk?
The best description of men and sex is. That they fight like hell to escape from a woman's vagina then spend the rest of their adult life trying to get back!

Still enjoying it.
Love and hugs,

Beverly OXOXOX.


Miranda and I have resumed our association. 20 MPD.
Gonzales not out yet. Dropped handlebars means bending down put's too much strain on shoulder. Give it a week.

bev_1.jpg

Leg Man

Personally I am a leg man. Especially legs that belong to skaters
or female bicycle riders. But I think women like certain things
and they bring attention to that particular part. Then blame us
for being curious.

The reality is quite different from the theory

Many of us say that we would love to have been mothers. The reality - periods and all the associated bodily changes, pregnancy and all the associated factors, and motherhood with possible disturbed nights, additional costs, deprivations and responsibilities - is that it is not a state to be lightly entered into. I can only admire those who have the opportunity and motivation to give a child life and love.

Susie

Bike pt 1103.

Nice to se a quiet day in Casa Cameron. And I can see a few possible story lines germenating here. Me, I's like to see Simon become the benevolent Laird on the Manor for Lady Cathy.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

If she's lucky...

If she's lucky, Cathy'll get more nighttime sleep soon. Our oldest slept for six solid hours every night - when she was four weeks... This continued until she was ready for solid foods. LOL (woke up hungry according to the pediatrician... Once the rice started, she was sleeping through again.) Her sister, on the other hand... Let's just say three months going out for an hour drive/park in the middle of the winter, at 2am wasn't my favorite way to spend the night... :-) But, we managed. She's a wonderful teenager now... :-)

Nice to see the kids helping NOW... Hopefully this'll continue. In some families it seems to.

As to Danny & the baby... He's very different from the boys/teens in our church. They've been just as much in love with the babies as their sisters and the rest of us... No way a baby is at a loss for finding someone to hug/snuggle there! LOL

Thanks,
Anne

Bath times

I'm looking forward to a description of Cathy bathing Baby C—unless I'm having a senior moment, I don't recollect that we've had a bath time yet.

For a lot of babies, bath times seem to be one of the other highlights of their days, and are yet another good time to bond with their mother.

Thanks A+B, I do enjoy the domesticity portrayed in today's episode.

Playtime Splashing


Bike Resources

least now I think

Cathy now understands why stella always holed up. one baby=6 potty trained ones ROfl

It is funny,

But Cathy is going to look at this as paradise later. Right now she is too busy to enjoy it.

Trish scares everyone.

Careful, Trish may grow up to be another Iron Maiden. The Tory of Tories, then what would you do ?
I've been paying attention, you see.

Cefin