You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 34

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Three

By SaraUK

 

Part 34

Chapter 81

    Chrissy and Becky had just finished feeding the babies on Sunday lunchtime in early December when Mandy and Carl entered the kitchen so they could speak to the two of them.

     “Chrissy, Becky, can I have a word with you about the gift I plan to get for Lauren and Andrew.” Carl said as he looked at the two babies being rocked to sleep in Chrissy and Becky’s arms.

     “I’m sure whatever you get them Carl will be just fine.” Chrissy smiled as she walked back and forth rocking Lauren in her arms.

    The thing is, I want to sort out their rooms for them, so when you’re ready to let them sleep away from you and Becky, they will have them already done.” Carl said as he took a seat at the table after helping Mandy to take a seat.

    Chrissy walked over and sat back down next to Becky, so she could look at Carl while they talked about what he had in mind. “I’m not sure about having a lot of building work done while the babies are in the house Carl.” Chrissy said looking worried. “I think they’re still too young to be around all that sort of thing.” Chrissy added.

     “I understand all that Chrissy, and that is why I wanted to talk to you both about it.” Carl smiled when he saw just how protective Chrissy was about her baby’s health. “I just wanted to sort out the basic design for each room for now, and then I’ll sort it out after Christmas when you’re ready to have it done.” Carl added, hoping that Chrissy and Becky would be okay with him doing that for them.

     “I think that sounds like a great idea Carl.” Chrissy and Becky said after they looked at each other and nodded their agreement. “When do you want to sit and sort out our ideas?” Chrissy asked.

     “I’m sure you already have the rooms planed out, so why don’t you just show me the drawings and I’ll talk to some builders and get things set up ready for when you give me the go ahead.” Carl chuckled.

    Mandy had already told Carl about Chrissy and Becky sitting down and planning out the nursery they wanted, and then how they would get the rooms up in the loft turned into a room each when Lauren and Andrew were old enough to have their own rooms.

    Chrissy handed Lauren over to Mandy before she ran off giggling, so she could grab her drawings for Carl to look at. Chrissy was soon running back into the kitchen with a sketch pad full of drawings Amber had helped her and Becky put together as they spoke about the nursery and bedrooms.

     “You’ve really put a lot of thought into all this.” Carl said with wide eyes as he flipped through the pages of the sketch pad. “I’ll speak to some people and see what I can sort out for you.” Carl added as he closed the sketch pad and then sat back to watch Mandy cuddling Lauren. “You don’t mind if I hang on to this for a bit do you?” Carl asked.

     “No, just don’t lose it.” Chrissy smiled as she looked at Mandy with the baby.

    Chrissy could see how much Mandy loved to sit with the babies, so she was happy to leave Lauren where she was. Chrissy sat watching Becky still breast feeding Andrew, just happy to be looking at her babies.


*****

    Amy and Amber got back from Christmas shopping to find Chrissy. Becky, Mandy and Carl all sat in the living room. Lauren and Andrew were both fast asleep in the little carrycots they had for them. Amy and Amber were very quiet as they gave them all a hug before they ran off to get changed and put the presents away. Amy and Amber had gone out early so they could watch the baby’s while Chrissy and Becky went out to do some Christmas shopping of their own.

     “Were the shops busy?” Becky asked when Amy and Amber walked back into the living room and flopped down on the empty sofa looking worn out.

     “It’s nearly Christmas, so what do you think.” Amber said with a big sigh, happy to be sat down.

     “Good point.” Becky frowned. “Guess we better go and get ready then baby.” She added as she looked at Chrissy.

     “If we must.” Chrissy said as she looked at the baby’s sleeping in the carrycots.

     “Trust me sis when I say the babies will be much safer left here while you go out and do battle with all the shoppers out there.” Amy said as she tried to ease some of the worry she could see in Chrissy’s face.

    Becky was soon pulling Chrissy out the living room so they could go and get dressed and go do some Christmas shopping. “Maybe we could just do all the shopping online this year?” Chrissy said as Becky pulled her along.

     “No! I want to spend some time with just the two of us.” Becky said. “Lauren and Andrew will be fine with Amy and Amber.” She added with a smile.

     “I know that Bec’s, but I just hate being away from them.” Chrissy whined.

     “So do I, but it will do them good to get use to us not being around all the time.” Becky said as she stopped walking and pulled Chrissy into a hug. “We need to get mum out the house a little more as well, so I think this will be good for the two of you.” Becky added just before giving Chrissy a kiss.

    It had only been a couple of days since they buried Chrissy’s dad and Holly’s husband, so Becky and the others were trying to keep them active. Holly hadn’t left Mable’s or done much at all since Greg died. She’d spent that much time looking after him towards the end, that she now felt lost, not having him to take care of now.

    The girls had talked about finding some way to have Holly move in with them, but it would mean one of them moving out due to lack of bedrooms. None of the girls wanted to see one of the other girls move out, and they knew that Holly would never let it happen either.

    Chrissy and Becky were soon dressed and ready to leave, and Becky dragged Chrissy out the house when she finally got sick of her telling Amy and Amber what to look out for with the babies.

     “We are here all the time with you Chrissy, so I think we know how to look after them for you by now.” Amy giggled as she watched Becky pulled Chrissy out the living room.

    Becky held open the passenger door for Chrissy to get in before she walked around the other side and got in behind the wheel of her BMW. Becky was glad to be back driving herself again; she’d missed not being able to drive her car while being in the later stage of being pregnant. They were soon driving out the driveway and making their way to Mable’s

     “Hello Mable.” Chrissy and Becky said when they got there and she answered the door to them. “Is mum ready yet, or is she still dragging her feet?” Chrissy asked with a smile as Mable let them in the house.

     “She’ll be ready in a couple of minutes Chrissy.” Mable said with a frown. “I had to talk her into going out with you, or it was more me telling her she was going.” Mable added with an even deeper frown that almost looked like a scowl.

     “I’m really worried about her Mable.” Chrissy said with a worried look on her face.

     “She’ll be fine, just give her some time to get use to the change.” Mable said, thinking of how bad she felt when her husband died. “You’re doing the best thing you can, just get her out doing her Christmas shopping and she’ll soon be having a good time.” Mable said in her, I know best voice.

    Holly was just being helped on with her coat by Vic when they got to the dining room. She didn’t look happy to be going out, but she still smiled when she saw Chrissy and Becky enter the room.

     “Hello dears.” Holly said as she stepped over and gave them both a hug to welcome them. “I’m being kicked out by Mable.” Holly added with a pout.

     “How mean of her.” Chrissy pouted back. “And also being forced to go shopping as well.” Chrissy added with another pout.

    Holly did feel a little better when she saw Chrissy start smiling at her. She saw Chrissy as a light at the end of a dark tunnel, spending time with Chrissy, Becky and the babies was the only thing she had to look forward to at the minute.

    Mable walked them to the door and then they walked over to where Becky’s car was parked out on the road after Holly was ordered to have a good time by Mable. Chrissy and Becky both giggled at the way Mable would order Holly around like Holly ordered them around.

     “Guess I better go and have a good time then.” Holly giggled as Chrissy opened the back door on the BMW and helped her mum to get in. “Thank you Chrissy.” Holly smiled as she kissed Chrissy on the cheek just before she ducked into the car and let Chrissy close the door for her.

    Becky was soon making her way to the hotel, so she could park her car. Carl had told all the girls to park there cars their when they went into the city shopping. He had also told them to call the hotel when they needed help with their shopping. Carl had even sorted out a little parking area that was just for them to use whenever they needed it. Becky soon had the car parked and they were making their way to a restaurant to get a spot of lunch before they got started.

     “How were little Lauran and Andrew when you left them?” Holly asked as they took their seats in the hotel restaurant. “Did you leave them with Amy and Amber?” Holly added.

     “They were fine, and yes we left them with Amy and Amber.” Chrissy smiled. “Mandy and Carl were also there when we left, but they said they had some things to go and sort out.” Chrissy added with a shrug.

     “I’m not sure what Mandy and Carl have been up to the past couple of weeks, but they have been very secretive about something.” Becky said as they waited for their drinks to arrive.

     “Well Christmas is just around the corner, so I gather they are just trying to work out what to get everyone.” Holly pointed out.

    Chrissy and Becky went on to tell Holly about Carl’s offer to convert the loft space into bedrooms for the babies when they are older. Holly liked that idea, and she hoped that Lauren and Andrew would like it as well.

    They ordered their food and enjoyed it when it arrived. Once they had finished, they tried to pay the bill, but Dale wouldn’t let them, and he sent them on their way to do some shopping with a smile and a wave.

     “Diane’s turned out to be really good for Dale. He’s seemed even friendlier since she came into his life than he did before.” Becky giggled as they left the hotel waving to Dale who was stood at reception again.

     “Callum was saying that his mum has been much happier since she moved down here away from that Frazer.” Chrissy added as they took a steady walked towards the first shop they wanted to look in.

    Holly was soon having a laugh as they all tried to find that perfect gift for everyone else. Holly found some nice things that she never realised Amy or one of the other girls liked, so she brought some bits to get her started on her Christmas shopping. Holly also found some ideas for bits that Chrissy and Becky would like.

    Chrissy and Becky got some ideas for presents that Holly would love to have, so Becky made a mental note to come back in the week and pick some bits up for her. Chrissy saw some things that Becky would like, so she made a mental note to have a word with Amy and Amber about coming into town with them next Sunday, so she could pick them up while Becky wasn’t with her.

    They were all weighed down with bags by the time they called it a day, so Becky called Dale at the hotel and he sent a car to pick them up. The driver pulled into the car park and pulled up right next to Becky’s car. Then the driver helped to get all the bags into the trunk of Becky’s car before he helped them all to get in.

     “That was fun, but I’m ready to go home and see how the babies are doing.” Chrissy said as she slumped in the seat. “Do you want to come home with us for some dinner mum? So you can spend some time with your grandchildren?” Chrissy asked with a grin as she looked over her shoulder at her mum sat in the back of the car.

     “Only if you let me help you sort out dinner?” Holly said in a firm voice, but she was trying not to grin as she asked.

     “Would we stand a chance of stopping you from helping mum?” Becky asked with a giggle.

     “No, but I just wanted to make sure first.” Holly said with a grin. “Home James, and don’t spare the horses.” Holly added in a posh sounding voice.

     “Yes me lady.” Becky replied sounding like the chauffer from thunderbirds. This had them all giggling as Becky pulled out of the hotel car park and pointed the car towards home.


*****

    Amy had just finished changing a smelly nappy on Andrew when she heard Chrissy, Becky and Holly get back. “Sounds like your mummies are home.” Amy cooed as she picked him up and kissed his cheek. Amy was rewarded with a giggle from the little baby.

     “Do you think I’m funny?” Amy asked just before she blew a raspberry on his bare belly, making him giggle even more.

    Chrissy, Becky and Holly all entered the living room to find Andrew giggling as Amy played with him, so they knew that everything was okay. Amber was just walking back into the living room from the kitchen with Lauren in her arms.

     “Have they been okay for you?” Chrissy asked as she walked over and smiled down at Lauren.

     “They’ve both been perfect little angels for us like always.” Amber said as she pulled a funny face at Lauren. “Do you want to go to your mummy?” Amber asked as she saw Lauren reach out with her little hands towards Chrissy.

    Chrissy soon had Lauren in her arms and she rocked her as she made her way over to the sofa and sat down with her. Becky sat down next to her, and Holly went over to sit on the sofa that Amy was sat on. Amber sat on the other side of Holly, and watched as Amy handed Andrew over to Holly so they could all sit and watch him start to nod off.

     “Hi mum, did you have a good time shopping?” Amy asked as she cuddled up to Holly on one side, while Amber did the same from the other side.

    “Yes I did, and I got a lot done, and even more ideas for what I can get you all for Christmas.” Holly smiled as she looked down at her grandson gripping her finger as he fell asleep.

     “What you getting me mum?” Amy asked with excitement in her voice. Amy was a little loud as she asked, and it made the Andrew jump a little, but he soon settled down again.

     “Nothing if you keep making my grandson jump like that.” Holly frowned, but she soon started grinning again when she saw the hurt look on Amy’s face.

     “Sorry mum. I just get so excited about Christmas now.” Amy said as she cuddled up to Holly a little more.

     “I’ll let you off then Amy.” Holly said as she gave her a peck on the cheek. “Chrissy told me about the horrid Christmas and Birthdays you use to have.” Holly added in a pained voice. “That will never happen while I’m around.”

    Amy started grinning up at Holly from where her head was now rested on Holly’s shoulder. Amy found herself wishing that she’d had Holly as a mum all her life, but she was glad to be able to call her mum now though. “I love you mum.” Amy said as she let out a sigh.

     “I love you to Amy, and I’m proud to have you as an adopted daughter.” Holly smiled, just before she looked down at the now sleeping Andrew in her arms.

    Holly didn’t get to help with dinner, but she was happy to keep an eye on the babies while the others sorted it out. Mandy and Carl returned from Christmas shopping, but Chrissy had her doubts as to whether they were shopping or not. Neither of them would say what shops they had been to. Chrissy wasn’t going to let it bother her, she already knew that Carl liked his surprises, so Chrissy would just wait and see what the two of them had planned.

    Lauren and Andrew were both in their carrycots asleep while the others sat and ate their dinner. Jayden and Callum had come back for dinner, as had Ann and Brad, so it was all set up in the dining room where the table was much bigger.

     “How goes the Christmas shopping Jayden?” Chrissy asked with a grin while they sat eating.

     “I’m having a blast.” Jayden giggled. “I never knew spending money could be so much fun.” She added.

     “I’d tell you not to go to mad on us all, but I get the feeling it would fall on deaf ears.” Chrissy said with a frown.

     “What did you just say Chrissy?” Jayden asked with a grin as she cupped a hand behind her ear to make it look like she was trying to hear Chrissy a little better.

     “I said that I...” Was all Chrissy said before she realised that Jayden was teasing her, and she had just heard what she’d said. “I rest my case.” Chrissy giggled.

     “If I told you not to spend too much on my gift, would you do as I asked?” Jayden asked with a raised eyebrow.

     “No, I’d still spend what I wanted on you when I found the perfect gift.” Chrissy said with a grin. “I see your point then sis.” Chrissy giggled.

     “Then I will do the same.” Jayden said with pride.

    Chrissy was glad that Jayden now had a family to spend her Christmas with. Chrissy had found out while she lived with Jayden, while being away that Jayden had normally just sat at home watching rubbish on telly while eating some microwave meal that passed for a Christmas dinner.

     “How are yours and Carl’s Christmas shopping going sis?” Chrissy asked as she looked at Mandy. She was hoping to catch Mandy off guard and get some clues as to what she and Carl have been up to.

     “They’re going just fine baby sister.” Mandy said with a smug smile. She was use to Chrissy and her little tricks by now, so she was ready for any attack she might have. “How are yours?” Mandy asked, throwing the question back at Chrissy.

     “They’re going fine. We had a lot of fun with mum today.” Chrissy said with a grin as she looked over at her mum. “We should all try and get out together for a shopping session.” Chrissy added with excitement.

     “I’m not going to let you subject my grandchildren to that madness you call a shopping trip.” Holly said in a voice that told Chrissy it wasn’t even up for discussion.

    Chrissy hadn’t thought that if they all went shopping then they would have to take the babies with them. Chrissy knew her mum was right, and she’d never let Andrew and Lauren anywhere near the shops at this time of year.

     “I wouldn’t take them either mum.” Chrissy said in a hurt voice. “I wasn’t thinking when I said it. Sorry.” Chrissy added just before she put her head down and carried on eating her dinner, or picking at it. She suddenly didn’t feel very hungry.

    Amy could see that Chrissy was a little upset over the comment her mum had just made, so she asked a question to the group, hoping it would pull all eyes away from Chrissy. “Has anyone seen the new neighbours yet?”

     “No we haven’t, but when we do, I’m sure we will ask them if you can use the new pool they’ve had built.” Amber said with a roll of the eyes. Amber was still being driven insane by Amy wanting to use the pool that was now finished and sat in a glass building so it could be used all year round. Amber had been driven to the point of asking Mandy and Chrissy if they could get a pool, just to shut Amy up. They had both said no to her, they didn’t think it a wise move with having to children now in the house.

     “Maybe they will be moving in over Christmas, or just after.” Carl shrugged. “It must be a tough time to be moving home.” Carl added.

     “You’ll be okay over the Christmas break anyway baby sister.” Mandy smiled. “You’ll have the use of the pool up in Carl’s penthouse.” Mandy added.

    They were all going to stop at the hotel again, so they could all have one big family Christmas together. Frank was going to play Santa again, but Amber was going to be the helper with Amy this year. Chrissy didn’t want to miss any time with Andrew and Lauren on their first ever Christmas.

    Diane and Dale were going to be joining them at the hotel, as would Hope, Kat and Faith again. Mable was looking forward to not having to cook Christmas dinner again this year, and Holly was just looking forward to spending time with Chrissy and her other daughters, but she was still going to miss not having her husband there with her.

    Once everyone had finished their dinner, Chrissy got up and started to clear the dishes away without saying a word to anyone. She checked on the babies before she went back into the kitchen to start washing the dishes.

     “Are you okay baby?” Becky asked looking worried at the way Chrissy had been so quiet since the talk with her mum ended.

     “I’m fine Becky, just keeping my stupid mouth shut.” Chrissy said close to tears.

    Becky could hear the tears in Chrissy’s voice so she turned her around and hugged her as Chrissy started to sob on her shoulder. “Hey, what’s wrong?” Becky asked, worried what could have Chrissy so upset.

     “I forgot about the babies Becky. When I said about us all going out shopping, I forgot all about the babies.” Chrissy sobbed. “What kind of a mother does that make me?” she asked with anger in her voice for herself.

     “It makes you just the same as every other mother on the planet my love.” Becky said as she hugged her wife. “I carried them for nine months Chrissy, and even I have the odd moment when I forget that I can’t just pop out and do something anymore.” Becky added with a chuckle.

     “Maybe so, but you didn’t just do it in front of everyone. They all think I’m an unfit mother now.” Chrissy whined.

     “Now you’re just being silly. None of them could ever think that of you Chrissy.” Becky said in a firm tone of voice. “Shall we go and ask them?” Becky said as she started pulling Chrissy towards the living room where everyone had now gone.

     “I don’t want to hear them say it to my face Becky.” Chrissy said as she tried to stop Becky pulling her into the living room, but Becky wasn’t about to stop, or let go.

    Amy and Amber were just putting the carrycots down in the living room when they all saw Becky burst into the room pulling a tear streaked Chrissy along behind her.

     “Can I have a quick show of hands for everyone that thinks Chrissy an unfit mother?” Becky asked as she pulled Chrissy to a stop next to her. Nobody raised a hand, but they all had shocked looks on their faces when they heard what Becky said.

     “Why would you ask such a foolish question Becky? Even as a joke.” Holly asked with a frown.

     “Because Chrissy thinks she’s an unfit mother for talking about us all going shopping.” Becky said as she frowned at Chrissy for even thinking such a stupid thing.

     “Have you been sipping the sherry again?” Holly asked as she looked at Chrissy like she’d lost what little mind she had left. “Whatever has you thinking like that Chrissy?” Holly asked as she stood up and walked over to give her daughter a hug.

     “I forgot about the babies when I made that stupid comment about going shopping.” Chrissy said as she started sobbing again.

     “I’m sorry if I made you feel this way Chrissy, but I never thought for one second that you were a bad mother because of it.” Holly said as she hugged Chrissy. “I just didn’t think it was wise to take them out where all those people could hurt them.” Holly added.

     “But I forgot about the babies mum.” Chrissy whined.

     “You didn’t forget about them.” Holly dismissed. “You’ve only had them for a month, so you’re bound to make the odd slip here and there dear.” Holly chuckled. “I don’t think for one minute you would just up and go shopping, and not care what Andrew and Lauren were doing.” She pointed out.

     “No! I could never do that mum.” Chrissy said pulling back from her mum and looking at her in shock.

    “And that is why you’re not a bad mother.” Holly smiled as she pulled Chrissy back into a hug. “You’re too hard on yourself Chrissy. Lighten up and just let your natural mothering instincts take over.”

    Brad made Chrissy take a seat on the sofa with Becky while he and Callum went with Ann and Jayden to the kitchen to do the dishes. Chrissy soon found herself with Andrew in her arms while Becky had Lauren, all thoughts of her being a bad mother forgotten.

     “You okay again now my love?” Becky asked when she saw the loving smile on Chrissy’s face as she looked down at Andrew in her arms.

     “Yes, much better now. Sorry about earlier.” Chrissy said as she rested her head on Becky’s shoulder.

     “Don’t worry about it, and don’t ever think you’re anything put perfect in the mother department.” Becky warned. “You had a good teacher when it comes to that.” Becky added as she grinned at Holly.

    “Only good?” Holly pouted, just before she started grinning.

    “Okay, you had the world’s best teacher.” Becky giggled.

    “That’s better.” Holly giggled with pride.

    This soon had Chrissy and the others all smiling and laughing about it. They were all happy to see Holly smiling and looking much happier than she had for the past couple of weeks since Greg died. She looked even happier when Chrissy told her she would be stopping the night and sleeping with her and Becky.

    Chrissy waited for Becky to enter the bathroom later on in the night before she whispered to her mum. “I was hoping you might start and give Becky a hand in the day with babies? I’m worried that she’s not getting much sleep through the day before she goes to work in the evenings.” Chrissy had already spoke with Becky about it all, and Becky knew what Chrissy was doing, but they wanted it look like they needed her help more than they really did. This was more to let Holly know that she was needed.

     “I’d love to help out Chrissy dear.” Holly said looking happy to be needed. “I was worried you’d think me butting in if I just started helping out.” Holly added as she pulled Chrissy into a hug to thank her for the chance to help them out.

    Becky came to bed and Chrissy filled her in, and they both grinned at each other behind Holly’s back. Then they all got their heads down to get some sleep before the babies woke for their next feed.


*****

    Holly started spending most her time at the house and sleeping with Chrissy and Becky when she got home from the club. Holly took over sorting out the evening meals and then getting help from Chrissy and Amy when they got home. Becky would get proper sleep through the day and be sat looking after the babies when Chrissy got home. Ann was spending more and more time sleeping at Brad’s so Holly started using the spare room Ann and Brad used when he stopped the night, but it was a long way from Chrissy and Becky’s room, and Holly liked to help with the feeding. So she still spent most nights sleeping with Chrissy and Becky. Chrissy had a feeling that her mum just didn’t like sleeping alone, as it reminded her that Greg was gone.

    Time soon passed and it was soon Christmas Eve and everyone was getting ready to leave for the hotel and a couple of days rest. Carl had sent a couple of vans from the hotel to collect all the luggage and presents earlier in the day, so all the girls had to do was take themselves out to the waiting minibus that Carl had sent to collect them mid afternoon.

     “Look Chrissy look.” Amy said looking all excited as they took their seats on the minibus. “Do you think the new neighbours are moving in?” Amy asked as she pointed at a van parked on the drive next door.

    Chrissy looked over and saw that the van had no markings on it, so she had no idea what it was doing there. She couldn’t see anyone moving around either, so she just shrugged at Amy. “It’s a small van for someone to be moving in with don’t you think?” Chrissy asked.

     “Seems like an odd time to start moving in as well.” Becky added as she handed Chrissy the carrycot with Andrew in it just before she took her seat and let Brad hand her the one with Lauren in.

     “Good point.” Amy said looking a little depressed about it now. “I just wish we could get to meet the new neighbours.” She whined.

     “I’m sure you’ll get to meet them over the Christmas break Amy.” Carl smiled as he helped Mandy get in before he joined her near the front of the minibus.

    Once they were all on the minibus, the driver set off to go and pick up Mable and the others before their final stop at the hotel.

 

Chapter 82

    Everyone had settled in at the hotel and they had all enjoyed a buffet style dinner up in Carl’s penthouse before settling down to chat, while Chrissy, Becky, Amy and Amber kept Cathleen and Kat entertained for the evening. Holly and Prue were left holding the babies, so to speak.

    Cathleen and Kat soon got tired, so Chrissy and Amy carried them down to their room where they were the two girls were sharing a bed together.

     “Will you tell us the fairy princess story again?” Cathleen asked as Chrissy and Amy got them tucked in.

    Chrissy remembered her and Amy making their story of becoming friends into a fairy story for the two girls the year before, so they tried to remember how they told it, and got as close as they could again. Cathleen and Kat were both fast asleep before they got to the end, so Chrissy and Amy went back up to see how Andrew and Lauren were doing, and to get some sleep themselves.

    Becky and Holly were just getting the babies ready for bed when Chrissy got back up to Carl’s penthouse, so she helped out where she could and then they all settled down for however much sleep they could get before they woke again needing to feed them.

    Chrissy was surprised when she woke and found that both Andrew and Lauren had slept for a good five hours. Chrissy got out of bed and went to check on them and make sure everything was alright; she smiled as she looked down at each of them just in the stages of starting to wake up. Lauren looked to be more awake than Andrew, so Chrissy lifted Lauren out her cot first.

     “Good morning my little princess.” Chrissy said as she cradled the baby girl in her arms just before kissing her on the forehead. “And a Merry Christmas to you.” Chrissy added with a little giggle when Lauren made a laughing sound.

    Andrew was just starting to feel neglected when Becky appeared at Chrissy’s side and picked him up out his cot. “Good morning my little solder man, don’t cry, we haven’t forgotten about you.” Becky cooed as she held the little baby boy in her arms.

     “Morning my love.” Chrissy said as she gave Becky a quick kiss. “Merry Christmas.” She added with a grin.

     “Merry Christmas baby.” Becky grinned back just before giving Chrissy another kiss. “Am I seeing things, or did the pair of them just sleep for a full five hours?” Becky asked after seeing the time.

     “Yes they did. I was a little worried that something might have been wrong, but I think they must have just been tired.” Chrissy said as she looked down at Lauren grabbing some of Chrissy’s hair and trying to put it in her mouth. “I think we better see about feeding someone before she tries to eat all of her mummy’s hair.” Chrissy cooed as she pulled the hair away from Lauren.

    Both babies were being bottle fed now using a mixture of formula and Becky’s breast milk, due to Becky not being able to produce enough for both of them. They warmed the bottles and then sat in the lounge area while they fed the two babies.

     “I guess we should make the most of this Christmas, I don’t think they will be this quiet again for some years to come.” Chrissy smiled as she thought about the fun they would have with two kids waking them at all hours of the morning on Christmas day asking if Santa had been yet or not.

     “I think we might be okay for at least one more like this, but I doubt we’ll make it to three.” Becky grinned.

     “I wish they were like that now, so they could enjoy it fully, but I know we’ll still have lots of fun helping them open their gifts.” Chrissy giggled as she kissed Lauren on the forehead again.

     “I can guarantee we’ll have lots of fun baby.” Becky grinned as she leaned over and started kissing Chrissy while they both fed the babies.

    They sat quietly feeding the babies for a couple of minutes, and Becky could see Chrissy looking around with a faraway look in her eyes, and then she saw a tear roll down Chrissy’s cheek.

     “What’s wrong baby?” Becky asked with worry in her voice.

     “Nothing, I’m just happy.” Chrissy smiled as she wiped away the tear. “I’ve got a perfect life with a loving family and a beautiful wife, and two beautiful babies. I feel like the luckiest girl on the planet.” Chrissy giggled as more tears rolled down her cheeks.

     “One of the luckiest girls on the planet.” Becky smiled as she leaned over for another kiss.

    Chrissy already knew that Becky thought she was the lucky one to find someone like Chrissy, and Chrissy wasn’t going to argue with her about it.

    They had fed and changed the babies by the time Amy and Amber wandered out of their bedroom looking half asleep still. They made their way over to the kitchen area and put the kettle on to make a pot of tea before going over to check on Lauren and Andrew as they lay on their play matt playing with some little multi-coloured rattles. They were lying side by side between Chrissy and Becky on one of the sofas.

     “How are my little niece and nephew this morning?” Amy asked as she ran over and dropped to her knees in front of the sofa. “Aar they look so cute.” Amy swooned as she saw that Chrissy and Becky had the two of them dressed in little Santa suits and they had little Santa hats on their heads as they played with the little rattles.

     “They fit okay then?” Amber asked as she came over and saw Andrew and Lauren in their Santa suits. Amber and Sara had designed them for Chrissy after Chrissy had been talking to Cathy one night about not being able to find any cute Christmas outfits for the twins in any of the shops.

     “They’re just perfect Amber. You and Sara should start a little side line designing baby clothes.” Chrissy smiled as she held out her arms to give Amber a hug to thank her for the clothes.

     “Funny you should say that Chrissy, because Sara and I have been playing around with some things, but you understand more when you open the twins gifts for them.” Amber grinned as she hugged Chrissy back.

     “I just want to make lots of noise now and wake everyone up so I can see what they got.” Chrissy pouted.

     “And you don’t want to see what everyone got you then?” Amber asked with a raised eyebrow. She already knew that Chrissy was just as bad as Amy when it came to opening their presents on Christmas morning. They both were just like little kids as they sat there and ripped the wrapping off each gift.

     “I can’t be like that anymore Amber, I have to behave like a grown up.” Chrissy said as she stuck her nose in the air, trying to look posh.

     “Where does it say that in the parenting hand book?” Amber asked with a grin. “And I don’t think anyone is expecting you to suddenly change who you are over night Chrissy.” Amber added.

     “I think once you start helping Cathleen and Kat open their gifts, you will soon forget everything else and just start having fun.” Becky giggled.

     “What about the babies though?” Chrissy asked looking worried.

     “There will be a lot of other people in the room that will help to look after Andrew and Lauren for us while we help to entertain Cathleen and Kat.” Becky reassured her. “It will give Holly something to do as well.” Becky added. They were all worried as to how Holly would cope with today, with it being the first big event for her to face since losing her husband.

     “Very true Bec’s. I guess I should do my little bit to help keep Cathleen and Kat happy then.” Chrissy grinned as she thought about the fun her and Amy had the year before.

    Amy had been watching Andrew and Lauren play while Amber, Chrissy and Becky spoke. She was also shocked that Amber had never told her about the cute little outfits the twins were now wearing. “I can’t believe you never thought to tell me about these cute little Santa suits.” Amy said as she looked at Amber with a hurt look on her face.

     “I’m sorry babe, but it must have just slipped my mind.” Amber shrugged. “Are you mad with me?” Amber asked with a pout.

     “As long as you got me something nice for Christmas, then I’ll let you off.” Amy grinned.

     “You’ve already got me babe, what more could you want?” Amber asked as she leaned back and held her arms out for Amy to see even more of her.

     “Nothing much, but if I took my gift now, then Cathleen and Kat wouldn’t be happy when Santa never showed up due to his helpers being a no show.” Amy giggled as she threw herself at Amber to get a hug and a kiss.

     “You do have a good point there baby, so we better finish making that pot of tea so we can go and get ready.” Amber said as she stopped hugging Amy and got back to her feet. She helped Amy to stand up and they went to make a pot of tea for them all.

    Amy and Amber sat and had a cup of tea with Chrissy and Becky, and then they ran off to put on their little elf outfits. Chrissy was taking some photos of the twins when Amy and Amber got back out into the main room, so she took a couple of minutes to first photograph the two of them, and then she got some shots of them holding the babies. Once they had done that, Amy and Amber left to go and find Frank, so they could then return with the girl’s gifts.

    Frank was dressed when the two girls got down to his and Prue’s room. Prue giggled as she let Amy and Amber into the room. “You two just look so cute!” Prue giggled as she gave each of them a hug. “I’ve got to get a photo of this.” She added as she ran off to find her camera.

     “Ho, ho ,ho!” Frank said in a deeper voice than he normally used, as he came out the bedroom looking just like Santa. “Have you two been good little girls?” He asked in the same deep voice.

    Amy and Amber just looked at each other before giggling a “No!” Then they threw their arms around each other and started kissing. Frank thought it looked like some X rated porn movie as the two girls just kept kissing each other.

     “Santa must have a third list for things like that girls.” Prue said as she walked back into the room with her camera in her hand, having just taken a couple of shots of the two girls kissing.

    Frank was soon stood between the two girls as Prue took some shots of them stood there with Frank’s arms around them. Then the girls leaned in and gave Frank a kiss on each cheek as Prue took a couple more photos. They needed to kill some time as they waited for a call from Chrissy to say that Cathleen and Kat were up in the penthouse waiting for Santa and his little helpers.


*****

    Holly had come out and joined Chrissy, Becky and the twins out on the sofas. Then Mandy and Carl had both joined them, and now they heard the elevator sound just before they saw Cathleen and Kat run around the corner with Jenna, Vic, Jayden and Callum walking just behind them.

     “As he been?!” Kat asked as she looked around the room for her presents, but looking sad when she didn’t see any, other than the ones she had seen the night before under the tree, but she already knew that they weren’t hers.

     “He’s going to be delivering them himself any minute now.” Chrissy said as she pulled Kat up onto her knee. “Do you want me to call him and find out how much longer it’s going to take?” Chrissy asked as she got her phone out.

     “Just like he did last times?” Kat asked looking excited again now. “Call him, call him now Aunty Chrissy!” Kat said as she bounced up and down on Chrissy’s knee.

    Chrissy found Amy’s number and made the call. “Hello, I’m calling on behalf of Kat, she would like to speak with Santa, and find out when she might be seeing him with her presents?” Chrissy ask Amy when she answered her phone.

    Amy giggled as she handed the phone over to Frank. “Chrissy has Kat on the other end of the phone, and she wanted to know what time Santa will be there with her presents.”

    Frank took the phone and then using his best Santa voice, spoke to the little girl on the other end. “Ho, ho, ho. Hello little Kat.”

     “Hello’s Santa. When you be here with my presents?” Kat asked with some worry in her voice. “Cathleen be with me too.” Kat added as Cathleen sat down next to Chrissy between her and Becky.

     “I’m just landing on the roof now, I’ll be with you very soon little Kat.” Frank said sounding just like Santa again.

     “otay, I let you finish landing den. Bye, Bye.” Kat said just before handing the phone back to Chrissy with a grin on her face.

     “See you soon Santa.” Chrissy giggled just before ending the call.

    Ann, Brad, Dale, Diane, Faith, Hope, Mable, David, Kim and Prue had all joined them by now. Holly was holding Andrew and Becky had Lauren on her knee as they heard Frank walking towards them saying. “Ho, ho, ho.” And sounding just like Santa as he did.

    Kat and Cathleen were both soon up on the feet and running to meet him half way. Amy and Amber were walking just behind dragging a large sack each and a third sack between them. Frank was dragging a large sack behind him and he had another one thrown over his shoulder.

     “Hello Santa!” Both little girls shouted as they came to a stop just in front of him.

     “Hello little girls. I hope you’ve both been very good this year?” Frank asked in his gruff voice. Both little girls just nodded as they tried to look in the big sack he’d just placed on the ground in front of him. “I trust you have, judging by all the presents I’ve got for the two of you.” He chuckled.

    Cathleen and Kat each had two sacks each with their names on, and the large sack Frank had over his shoulder had two large gifts in it. One each for Cathleen and Kat. Frank handed those gifts out first, then he slid the other bags over to each side, so Cathleen and Kat could sit and unwrap their presents with some help from Amy. Amber, Chrissy, Becky, Jayden, Sara and Cathy, who had now joined the others.

    Both little girls got everything they asked for, and a lot more besides. Hope and Jenna had happy tears in their eyes as they watched the two girls playing with their gifts. Everyone had to smile when the two girls stood up and turned to face them all just before they thanked everyone for the presents. Then they went back to playing.

    Once they had Cathleen and Kat sat quietly playing, they all started opening their gifts from everyone one. Jayden was speechless when she saw the pile she had to open. “These can’t all be mine.” She said as she looked through the pile and saw her name on every one of them.

     “Welcome to the family sis.” Chrissy giggled as she watched Jayden open the first present.

     “Thanks sis.” Jayden grinned as a tear ran down her cheek from being so happy.

    Chrissy slid over to Jayden and gave her a hug. “I’m glad I found you sis, and I will always be your sister.” Chrissy said as she hugged her.

     “I’ll never be able to pay you back for all that you have done for me Chrissy.” Jayden said as she hugged Chrissy back.

     “I’ll never ask you to Jayden, but just seeing how happy you are right now is payment enough for me.” Chrissy smiled as they broke the hug.

     “You’re just too easy to please sis.” Jayden giggled as she wiped her eyes.

     “I thought you knew that by now sis.” Chrissy giggled back as she slid back over to carry on unwrapping her gifts.

    Everyone unwrapped their gifts and loved what they had all got. Most of it being clothes, makeup, shoes, boots and electrical stuff. Carl and Mandy handed Chrissy and Becky a DVD and a portable DVD player to watch it on, once everyone had done with their unwrapping.

     “What’s this for Carl, Mandy?” Chrissy asked as she looked down at the player and the DVD.

     “Play it and you will find out.” Carl grinned.

    Chrissy popped open the DVD player and put in the disk before pressing the play button. She and Becky watched as the screen lit up and they found themselves being led into a bedroom that looked just like the one they had designed for Lauren, and then they were led into another bedroom that looked like the one they designed for Andrew.

     “You had some sort of 3D walk through done for Lauren and Andrew’s bedrooms?” Chrissy asked with a puzzled look.

     “It’s not a 3D walk through Chrissy. They are the real rooms you’re looking at, in your new home.” Carl said with an even bigger grin.

    Chrissy suddenly didn’t look so happy about it all. “New home? But I love living with Mandy and the others.” Chrissy said. “Do you want me to move out Mandy?” Chrissy asked with some hurt in her voice.

     “Yes, but not in the way you think sis.” Mandy said as she sat down next to Chrissy and pulled her into a hug. “You’ve not asked where the new house is yet.” Mandy added with a smile.

     “I don’t care where it is sis, I love living with you.” Chrissy whined.

     “Chrissy, I don’t think Mandy would have gone along with this if she knew it would upset you, so let’s find out where the new house is before you go getting to upset about any of it.” Becky said as she hugged Chrissy from the other side.

    Chrissy got herself under control while Mandy loaded another DVD into the player and then pressed the play button. Chrissy let out a gasp when she saw the neighbour’s house pop up on the screen as someone walked up the driveway and into the house.

     “I’m the new neighbour?” Chrissy said sounding shocked. “Becky and I own the house next door?” Chrissy added as she tried to take it all in.

     “Yes, sort of, but the house will soon be joined with Mandy’s Chrissy.” Carl said as he pulled out a piece of paper to show Chrissy the final plan to join the two housed with a larger dining room and kitchen area. “The two houses will become one large house that we can all share, and I thought this would mean your mum can move in properly and have her own room.” Carl added with a smile now he saw that Chrissy wasn’t so upset about it all.

     “I’m sorry for keeping all this from you sis, but when Carl told me his plan, I just knew it would be for the best that the twins have their own rooms this way, so they wouldn’t have to live in a house while construction work was being done.” Mandy said as she hugged Chrissy

     “I can cope with this sis. I was worried that we’d be miles apart, but soon we will just be living at opposite ends of a larger house.” Chrissy grinned as she hugged Mandy back.

    Mandy broke the hug with Chrissy when she heard Carl speak to her. “I’m sorry Mandy, but I didn’t tell you the whole reason for buying the house next door and sorting out all this planning permission.” Carl said as he got up and walked over to where Mandy was sat with Chrissy and Becky.

     “What did you leave out Carl?” Mandy asked looking puzzled.

    Carl dropped down on one knee and then pulled out a blue velvet ring box and popped it open to reveal a beautiful diamond ring. “Mandy, would you do me the honour of becoming my wife?”

    Mandy just sat there looking at the ring for what felt like hours to Carl, then she pulled the ring out the box and handed it back to Carl, just before holding out her hand with the biggest grin on her face he’d ever seen. “Yes I would be honoured to become your wife Carl.” Mandy said with tears running down her cheeks as she watched Carl slip the ring on her finger.

    The whole room exploded in cheers as everyone congratulated the happy couple on finally taking things to the next level. Chrissy gave Carl and Mandy a hug at the same time, just before she had to go and help Holly calm down the twins, who had been woken by all the cheering, and they weren’t happy about it.

     “I can’t believe you kept this a secret from me!” Mandy said as she playfully slapped Carl on the arm, just before she went back to looking at the ring on her finger.

     “I can’t believe he brought Becky and me a house.” Chrissy giggled.

     “Technically I’ve brought you an extension, as it will soon just be part of your old house.” Carl pointed out.

     “It’s still a whole house that will be added to another house.” Chrissy shot back. “We’ll still need to set up a nursery for the time being though. Lauren and Andrew are still too small to have their own rooms yet.” Chrissy added as she started forming a plan as to how they needed to set things up for the time being.

     “I’ve already taken care of all that Chrissy; you will get to see everything in a couple of days when you return home.” Carl smiled. “Just relax for a couple of days and have a good time.” He added, just before he started kissing Mandy.

    Amy had walked over and sat by Chrissy’s side while she sat with Andrew in her arms trying to get him back to sleep. “Hi big sis. Do you need any help with Andrew?” She asked as she looked down at the little man falling asleep again.

     “I think I can handle it baby sister.” Chrissy said with a puzzled look. She couldn’t understand Amy’s reason for asking her such a silly question to start with, but it soon became clear.

     “Will Amber and I be able to come and visit whenever we want sis?” Amy asked with a grin.

     “You know you can Amy.” Chrissy said it like Amy was losing her mind for asking such a silly thing. “I’ll even give you a set of keys, so you can come and go as you please until the two houses are joined into one.” Chrissy added.

     “So we’d be able to use all the things in the new house as well then?” Amy asked with an even bigger grin now.

    Chrissy suddenly realised what Amy was getting at. She wanted to know if it would be okay for her to come over and use the pool. “Sure you can baby sister, well all except the pool that is.” Chrissy said it in a matter of fact way, but kept a straight face as she said it.

     “Oh, okay sis. Thank you for that.” Amy said looking depressed all of a sudden.

    Chrissy couldn’t keep a straight face any longer and she started giggling when she saw the look on Amy’s face. “I’m just teasing you baby sister. You can come over anytime and use the pool, you all can.” Chrissy said as she looked around the room.

     “Thank you, thank you, thank you.” Amy said as she gently hugged Chrissy from one side, so she didn’t wake Andrew up again. “You’re the best big sister ever!” Amy added with a grin.

    Amy looked a little worried when she suddenly realised that she was in a room with all her sisters sat around her, and she was the youngest, which meant they were all her big sisters. “Sorry, I do love you all just as much really.” Amy said with a nervous chuckle.

     “I think I can speak for everyone here Amy when I say that Chrissy is the best of all of us.” Mandy smiled as she looked at Chrissy with the baby asleep in her arms. Mandy got nods from everyone and Chrissy just went a little red in the face at the praise she was getting.

    Becky had taken Lauren off Holly, so she could have a glass of sherry with Mable, and also have a chat about her moving out. Holly wanted to make sure she wouldn’t upset Mable when she did.

     “Can I have a quick word with you Mable?” Holly asked as she helped Mable to her feet so they could go to another room to talk in private.

     “Sure Holly dear, just lead the way.” Mable said with a smile as she let Holly lead her to the bedroom she’d shared with Chrissy and Becky the night before. “Is everything alright dear?” Mable asked when she saw the worried look on Holly’s face once they were in the bedroom.

     “I’m not sure yet Mable.” Holly said looking worried. “You’ve been so good to me these past couple of months, and I’ll never be able to find the words to thank you enough for that, but I just want to be with Chrissy and Becky while they raise their children.” Holly added close to tears now.

     “And you’re worried about upsetting me if you move in with them?” Mable asked as she stepped over and pulled Holly into a hug. “I’d be kicking you out if you didn’t go Holly.” Mable chuckled.

     “You really don’t mind?” Holly asked as she hugged Mable a little tighter.

     “No, not at all, but you better come and visit often, or I will be mad with you.” Mable said sounding just like a mother would with a child.

     “You’ll see so much of me; you will think I’m still living with you.” Holly giggled, feeling just like a little girl again.

     “Good! Then we won’t have a problem.” Mable smiled as she broke the hug and looked Holly in the eyes. “Helping Chrissy and Becky with the babies is the best medicine for you right now, and I know that Greg would be telling you to do it if he was still here right now.” Mable added with a sigh.

     “I miss him Mable, I miss him so much every day.” Holly started sobbing even more now as she let Mable start hugging her again. “I don’t think I’ll ever get use to not having him around.” She added through more sobs.

     “It gets easier in time Holly, trust me on that one.” Mable said as she stroked Holly’s hair while she hugged her. Mable had lost her husband in the same way, so she knew what Holly was going through, and how moving in with Chrissy and the others would help her find a new path with her life. Mable also thought that the girls could use a mothering figure in the house now that there were young children living there.

    Mable was still hugging Holly when Chrissy entered the room with a wriggling baby boy in her arms. “Sorry to bother you, but Andrew made a smelly.” Chrissy giggled as she screwed her nose up. Chrissy soon looked worried when she saw her mum sobbing on Mable’s shoulder though. “What’s wrong?” She asked.

     “Nothing dear, I was just having a silly moment.” Holly chuckled as she wiped her eyes. “Do you want me to change him for you?” Holly asked with a smile as she walked over to Chrissy and Andrew.

    Chrissy was about to say she could do it, but stopped when Mable gave her a look that said to let Holly sort out the smelly nappy. “Sure mum, but it does smell.” Chrissy warned her with a giggle as she handed over the baby.

     “You were no better at that age young lady.” Holly smiled as she set about changing Andrew’s diaper.

     “Mum! Don’t say stuff like that in front of Mable.” Chrissy whined as she started to blush.

    Chrissy sat with Mable on the edge of the bed while Holly changed Andrew. Then just as they were about to get up and return to the others, Becky entered the room with Lauren smelling just as bad.

     “Sorry but we have another one.” Becky said as she tried to hold the baby at arm’s length.

     “I’ll swop you for this one then, and I’ll get her changed as well.” Holly smiled as she picked up Andrew in just his diaper and passed him over to Chrissy so she could then take Lauren off Becky and then get her changed as well.

    Becky was about to say that she didn’t mind doing it, but stopped when Chrissy an Mable shuck their heads to stop her, so Becky just smiled as she handed the baby over and then walked over to joined Mable and Chrissy on the bed.

    Chrissy got out one of two little elf outfits that Sara and Amber had made for the twins, and she soon had Andrew dressed and looking very cute. Holly got Lauren changed and then handed her over to Becky, so she could get her dressed in hers.

     “They just look so cute dressed like that.” Holly giggled as she clapped her hands together. “I hope you’re getting lots of photos you two?” Holly asked.

     “Yes mum.” Chrissy whined. “And we’re getting it all on video as well.” She added with a grin.

     “Good. We better get back out there then, so you can start filming them in their new outfits.” Holly said as she directed them all back out into the main room.

    Chrissy, Becky and some of the others were soon filming and photographing the twins, Cathleen and Kat playing games and just being hugged. This went on until it was time to head down for their Christmas dinner.

    Amy and Amber decided to stay dressed as elves so they matched what the twins were wearing. Chrissy and Becky let Amber and Amy carry the twins down so they all matched. Chrissy got lots of photos, while Becky filmed it on a video camera. Amy and Amber looked like they were having a lot of fun playing with Andrew and Lauren as they travelled down in the elevator. Andrew and Lauren were giggling and having fun playing with the bells on the hat’s Amy and Amber wore.

    Carl had set out one of the private function rooms like a larger dining room; he’d even had a Christmas tree set up in there. They all took their seats and then enjoyed a nice three course Christmas dinner. They all ate far too much, and just sat around talking and having some fun playing party games with Cathleen and Kat. Holly and Prue sat nursing Andrew and Lauren while they had their bottles, so that left Chrissy and Becky free to entertain some of the others.

    Once the meal was over they all returned back to Carl’s penthouse, but some of them went to take a nap after eating such a large meal. Chrissy, Becky, Amy, Amber, Jayden, Callum, Sara, Cathy, Ann and Brad all settled down to watch one of the many DVD Disney movies that Cathleen and Kat got for Christmas. Andrew and Lauren soon fell asleep in Chrissy and Becky’s arms as they watched a Tinkerbell movie.

     “So how did your first family Christmas feel Jayden?” Chrissy asked as they sat watching the movie.

     “I’m loving every minute of it Chrissy.” Jayden beamed. “Thanks for all the gifts.” She added as she leaned over and gave Chrissy a quick peck on the cheek.

     “You’re welcome sis, and thank you for all my gifts, and the ones you got the twins.” Chrissy said as she looked down at the baby in her arms fast asleep.


*****

     Jenna and hope helped look after the babies over the next couple of days so Chrissy and Becky could help look after Cathleen and Kat. Jenna was sat feeding Lauren on one of the sofas the next day when Chrissy came and sat down next to her.

     “Is she feeding okay?” Chrissy asked with a smile as she looked down at the baby girl sucking on the bottle Jenna had in her hand.

     “She’s feeding just fine Chrissy.” Jenna smiled back at Chrissy. “I can’t get over just how beautiful they both are.” Jena added with envy in her voice.

     “I still find it hard to believe that I’m partly responsible for them being here.” Chrissy giggled as she let Lauren grab one of her fingers as she spoke with Jenna.

     “You’ve come a long way from the scared young man that I first saw in Mable’s dining room.” Jenna smiled as she nudged Chrissy’s arm. “Do you have any regrets about anything you’ve done?” Jenna asked.

     “Yes I regret things I’ve done, but none that led to all this.” Chrissy said as she looked around the room. “I regret all the running away I did in the past, and the hurt I caused Becky and the others when I did it.” Chrissy added looking a little unhappy with herself.

     “We’ve all done silly things when we’ve been scared Chrissy, just be grateful you were wrong, and it was all sorted out.” Jenna wrapped an arm around Chrissy as she said it and hugged her from one side while still holding Lauren with the other one.

    Chrissy smiled as she looked down and saw that Lauren was holding the bottle up herself as she continued to carry on feeding from the bottle. “I’m glad I have you as part of my family Jenna. You’re just like a loving big sister, just like Mandy and Ann.” Chrissy grinned as she cuddled into Jenna a little more.

     “That’s good, because I think of you as a younger sister that’s great with Cathleen.” Jenna grinned back as she hugged Chrissy a little tighter.

    Chrissy soon found herself being dragged away by Kat, so they could go and play a board game with Cathleen and Amy. Jenna just giggled as she watched the little girl drag Chrissy away by the hand.


*****

    The time seemed to fly by and it was soon the day after Boxing Day, so everyone packed up their things and got ready to head home. Chrissy and Becky were excited to get back and explore their new home, and see if the babies rooms looked as good in real life as they had on the DVD that Carl and Mandy gave them.

    Carl and Mandy had given them a set of keys, and told them that the alarm code was the same as the one for Mandy’s house. Carl got a minibus sorted out to take them all home, and it pulled into the drive that led to Chrissy and Becky’s house rather than the one for Mandy’s. Carl knew that everyone would want to look around the new place anyway.

    Chrissy and Becky were helped out of the minibus first when it parked up outside the house. Chrissy and the others were all shocked that they had never noticed just how much the new house looked just like Mandy’s, so once the extension was built to link the two houses together, it would just look like one large house. Brad had jumped out, so he could help the two of them step down onto the gravel driveway, just like they had next door.

    Amy and Amber had the babies, so Chrissy and Becky could head straight over to the house and let themselves in. Everyone else followed just behind them. Chrissy had pulled her mum to the front, so she could go in with her and Becky.

     “It looks just like Mandy’s house.” Holly said as they entered the large hallway with the marble floor that matched the one next door.

     “I know how much you love Mandy’s, so I told them to make it look just the same.” Carl said as he stood in the hallway looking around. “There’s only the living room and kitchen that look different down here.” Carl pointed out. “The extension will be added on from that side, so you won’t have them in this house for long.” Carl added as he led them into the empty room that was the living room in Mandy’s house, and the empty room that should be the kitchen, but that was also just an empty room.

     “Where do we sort out meals Carl?” Chrissy asked with some worry in her voice.

     “Don’t panic Chrissy, you still have a kitchen, but it’s on the other side of the hallway in the small room that would be the laundry room in Mandy’s house.”Carl grinned as he led them over to the other side of the hallway, and into a small but cute kitchen area.

     “I like what you’ve done here Carl.” Holly smiled as she looked around the new kitchen.

     “I knew that we’d be building a new kitchen area when the extension is finished, but this will allow you to cook small meals until then, and I know that you will still be eating most your large meals next door with the others.” Carl said as he stood with Mandy watching Chrissy, Becky and Holly look around the room.

    Chrissy liked the little kitchen, but she wanted to look around at the other changes Carl had made to this house compared to how Mandy’s looked. Chrissy could see a large set of double doors at the end of the hallway where the back yard would be, but Chrissy could see that it led out to the pool room, so she went to take a look.

    There were two sets of glass doors to get through, and also a waist high gate to open before you got to the pool area. Chrissy was glad that Carl had thought to add these features to stop the twins having easy access to the area and risk drowning in the pool.

    Chrissy saw a second set of doors where the window would be from the dining room, so she walked over and looked in to find a gym and sauna room in there.

     “You really did think of everything didn’t you Carl?” Chrissy said with a raised eyebrow.

     “I know it looks a little weird down here Chrissy, but it’s the upstairs that counts.” Carl said as he pointed towards the stairs. “Once all the building work is done, you will just have one large house to walk around.” Carl added with a grin.

    Chrissy and Becky walked up the stairs first, and were happy to see that it all looked just like Mandy’s house up here. Carl had made their room the same, so it looked just like a copy from Mandy’s house, but Mandy’s room was now the nursery that had everything they would ever need for the babies. The only things missing were the cots from their old room over at Mandy’s house.

    They walked down the hall and opened the door that would be Jayden’s room next door and found it all decked out in pink and a sign on the door said it was Lauren’s room. This room looked just like the one on the DVD and just like the sketches they had done.

     “Thank you Carl, Mandy. This is just so beautiful.” Chrissy said as she gave each of them a hug to thank them properly.

    Chrissy was soon running to the room that was the spare room at Mandy’s. This door had a sign that said Andrew’s room, so Chrissy let Becky enter this room first, and they found it all decked out in a light blue with pictures of racing cars on the walls in a random pattern. This room also looked just like the one on the DVD, and just like the sketches they had done. Chrissy and Becky both hugged Carl and Mandy again, just before letting Holly enter the final bedroom first, as it was her room after all.

    This was the room that would belong to Amy and Amber in the other house, but when Holly entered it, it looked very different. There was a sofa and a large bed, as well as a TV and a coffee maker, so Holly could make herself a cup of tea or coffee if she felt like it. Holly fell in love with the room right away, and she turned to give Carl and Mandy a hug now herself.

     “Thank you so much.” Holly said, “I’ll have some place I can come to be alone now.” She added with a smile when she stopped hugging them.

    As much as Holly knew she’d love living with Chrissy and the others, it still made her smile now she knew she had a place to go and be alone once in a while. She still missed Greg her husband and she just liked to go and think about him with no interruptions.

    Chrissy and Becky thinking that they had now seen all of the new house started to make their way back down the hallway and then down the stairs, but Carl stopped them. “You still have one more level to see yet girls.”

     “What? You mean you had the loft space sorted out as well?” Chrissy asked as she pointed up at the ceiling.

     “Yes, I thought it would be handy to have a couple of extra rooms, just in case you had people want to stop over, or move in to be closer to the twins.” Carl grinned as he looked at Amy and Amber still nursing Andrew and Lauren.

    Carl let Chrissy and Becky lead the way over to the set of stairs that led up to the large loft space, which was now a long hallway with two doors on one side, and a large set of windows on the other that looked out over the back garden.

    Chrissy opened the first door she came to and found herself looking at a beautiful pastel pink bedroom that any girl would love to spend time in. There was a large four poster canopy bed in there that looked identical to the one they had just seen in their new bedroom down stairs.

     “Amy? Do you and Amber feel like moving in with us?” Chrissy asked as she saw Amy and Amber enter the room with their mouths hanging open.

     “You’d really let us move in with you?” Amy asked with a grin.

     “I see it more as moving to a new room.” Chrissy giggled. “Like Carl’s already said. The two houses will be joined pretty soon, and I know you want to be close to Andrew and Lauren.” Chrissy added as she saw how protective Amy was being with the baby.

     “Can we move up here baby? Can we, can we?” Amy asked Amber looking all excited about their new bedroom.

     “Shall we go and grab our stuff now my love?” Amber grinned back, which soon had Amy trying to kiss and cuddle her, while she still kept hold of Andrew.

     “My house is going to be empty again soon.” Mandy said with a pout, but she wasn’t really upset about it.

     “It won’t be for long Mandy, and then you will all be living in one very big house with lots of spare rooms.” Carl grinned. “The extension will be two levels, with the upper level being more large bedrooms. I thought you might need it with how Chrissy keeps adding to the family.” Carl chuckled as he looked at Jayden and Callum.

     “How long will all this building work take Carl?” Chrissy asked.

     “Six to eight weeks the builders have told me, but they are going to leave knocking into the two houses until the very end, so that there will be very little disturbance for the babies while their doing it.” Carl said to put Chrissy’s mind at ease.

     “I’m not worried about that Carl; we can always ship the kids off to Mable’s for a couple of days while they do that work.” Chrissy said in a dismissive way as she waved a hand in the air. “I was just wondering how long we would be dashing from one house to the other before we would just have to walk down a hallway.” Chrissy added with a grin.

     “If we’re going to be having so much extra space, then would anyone mind if Brad and I started living here?” Ann asked as she looked up at Brad to make sure he didn’t mind.

    The girls all said they didn’t mind having Brad around more, and Brad seemed to like the idea, judging by the large grin he was now sporting. Brad wasn’t the only one that ended up moving in, Callum also let the lease end on his place, as he was spending most his time around at Mandy’s with Jayden anyway.

     “I think we’ll be saving the poor boys life in the long run anyway.” Amy said with a giggle. “He wouldn’t last long on Ann’s cooking.” She added.

     “I think it will be good for Andrew to have some men in the house as well.” Chrissy said as she walked over and kissed a sleeping Andrew on the forehead. “I hope none you mind spending some time with my child as he grows up?” Chrissy asked with a grin, already knowing the answer.

     “I can’t speak for Carl or Callum Chrissy, but I will do all I can to help Andrew enjoy growing up.” Brad said as he let Andrew grab his little finger while he slept.

    Chrissy knew that Brad spoke the truth; he’d already shown his love of children. Brad had fed and changed diapers more than once. They all knew that Brad would make an amazing dad one day himself.

     “You can count on me as well.” Callum said with determination. “I owe Chrissy so much, so helping to raise Andrew to be a perfect little gentleman is the least I can do.” Callum added as he wrapped an arm around Jayden.

     “You already know you can count on me Chrissy.” Carl said with a grin. “I like the idea of being Uncle Carl.” He chuckled.

    With all that sorted out, they all went back down stairs to finish helping the driver unload the bags from the minibus. Brad took Holly’s things up to her room and then he offered to drive her around to Mable’s, so she could get the rest of it later in the day.

    The first thing they all did was go over to Mandy’s house to have drink before they set to work moving the cots and other stuff over to the new house. Chrissy and Amy set to work making the drinks while Brad and Callum set to work moving first the cots, and then they had a drink before starting to help the girls move all their clothes over to the new house.

    Holly sat and entertained the babies in their new nursery while the others came and went with arms full after arms full of clothes and other stuff. They soon had most of it moved over, so Chrissy and Becky took a couple of minutes to look around their new bedroom.

     “Is it me, or is this room bigger than our old one?” Chrissy asked as she looked around.

     “I was just thinking the same thing Chrissy.” Becky said as she looked around. “Not that I care, just as long as I have you here to share it with.” Becky added just before she wrapped her arms around Chrissy’s neck and started kissing her.

     “I hope they haven’t made the bathroom smaller.” Chrissy said looking worried when they broke the hug.

     “We better go and check.” Becky said looking just as worried. Chrissy let Becky lead the way and she heard her let out a gasp from just inside the room.

     “How bad is it baby?” Chrissy asked as she walked into the bathroom with her eyes shut, to scared to look.

     “It’s not bad Chrissy, this room looks bigger as well, and the bath is huge!” Becky shouted as she looked at the tub that looked twice the size of the one in their old bathroom.

    Chrissy opened one eye, and then soon did the same with the other one when she saw just how big the new bathtub was. “We could almost swim in that thing.” Chrissy said as she stepped a little closer to it.

     “We’ll have to allow extra time for filling it up though remember.” Becky pointed out as she also looked at the size of it.

     “I’m sure I can find something to keep me occupied while it’s filling up.” Chrissy grinned just before she pulled Becky closer and she started kissing her this time.

    Becky started giggling as they played around, but they both knew that they had to finish up putting stuff away so they could go and spend some time with the babies, as well as help sort out some dinner for them all.

    Everyone went back over to Mandy’s house and made a start on dinner, while Carl explained about the path and canopy he had planned out with the builders, so Chrissy and the others wouldn’t get wet while walking from one house to the other.

     “The path will run from the back entrance here to the back entrance next door, so you can get from house to house.” Carl grinned at his idea. “They will be starting work on it tomorrow, and say they should have it done in a day, but to allow a little extra time depending on the weather this time of year.” Carl warned them all.

     “That will be easier than walking all the way out to the main road and then up the drive way to here every morning and evening.” Holly said, sounding relieved about that.

     “It’s the only thing I could think of, apart from moving you all to the hotel for the next eight weeks while the work was carried out.” Carl shrugged. “I didn’t think any of you would like that idea much though?” He asked.

     “We do like the hotel Carl, but living there for the next eight weeks would drive us all a little mad I think.” Mandy said with a frown. “And besides, I’m looking forward to having you here with me from now on.” Mandy added with a grin as she walked over and sat on Carl’s knee, just before she started kissing him.

     “I thought you’d want to wait until we’re married before I moved in.” Carl said in mock horror.

     “I think it’s a little late for all that my love.” Mandy purred just before she kissed Carl again. “And I need to keep some one living here with me.” She added between kisses.

    Chrissy, Becky, Amy and Amber started sorting out something for dinner, while Brad went with Holly to collect the rest of her things from Mable’s. Callum went over to help Brad take the things up to Holly’s new room when he saw Brad’s truck return and pull into the driveway next door. The girls were just dishing up when the three of them returned to Mandy’s house.

    They all ate dinner and then relaxed in the living room for the rest of the night, until Andrew and Lauren started to fall asleep again, then Chrissy and Becky said it was time to go home and get them to bed, so they could have an early night themselves.

    Amy, Amber and Holly went with them, and Mandy and the others all hugged them good night before they left, and said they would be expecting them for breakfast the next morning.

    Chrissy found it a little strange being in the new house, but she also knew that soon enough it would just be an extension of the old house, and the going to bed would just be a longer walk through the house, and not outside and across the garden.

    Carl had thought of everything in the new nursery, so Chrissy and Becky got the babies down then went back down to the new little kitchen and had a drinking chocolate with Amy. Amber and Holly before they all headed up to bed in their new rooms.

    Chrissy walked down to her mum’s room with her, so she could make sure she was okay, and she also wanted to ask her mum for a big favour. “Mum? Would you be able to keep an eye on Andrew and Lauren in the morning for me and Becky, while we take a bubble bath together in the new tub Carl had installed?” Chrissy asked with a grin.

     “Not a problem dear.” Holly smiled back as she pulled Chrissy into a hug with her. “There are enough of us around to keep an eye on the twins while you and Becky find some alone time together.” Holly added as she broke the hug and looked Chrissy in the eyes.

     “Thanks mum, you’re the greatest.” Chrissy said as she hugged her again before she ran off to join Becky in their new bed.


*****

    Becky woke the next morning to the sound of water running, so she slid out of bed and walked over to the bathroom and found Chrissy in there filling up the new tub. Chrissy had already ran across and checked on the babies, and they were still fast asleep, but they had woke in the night, and Chrissy and Becky spent an hour feeding them and then playing with them until they fell asleep again.

     “Have you looked in on Andrew and Lauren?” Becky asked as she walked over and wrapped her arms around Chrissy, just before kissing her good morning.

     “Yes I’ve checked on them, and they are both still fast asleep.” Chrissy smiled just before kissing Becky good morning in return. “Mum’s going to keep an eye on them for us, while we take a bath together.” Chrissy added as she started taking Becky’s clothes off for her.

    They were both soon in the water laying side by side, the tub was that big. Chrissy saw some buttons on the top of the tub next to the taps, so she pushed a couple and soon was giggling as water jets came on and felt really good against their skin.

     “I could get use to this my love.” Chrissy purred as she relaxed in the water again with the jets relaxing her muscles.

    Chrissy and Becky were soon reluctantly getting back out, so they could get dressed and go next door to help sort out some breakfast.

    Amy. Amber and Holly were all in the nursery playing with Andrew and Lauren. They were all dressed and ready to head next door for some breakfast. With the twins in their carrycots, and the others with their coats on they left the house by the front door and then walked down the drive and up the other to the front door where Chrissy used her key to let them all in.

    Mandy and Carl were sat at the kitchen table enjoying a cup of tea when they all entered the kitchen. Mandy smiled as she watched Chrissy run over and give her a hug.

     “How was your first night in the new part of the house?” Mandy asked with a grin.

     “It was great, but I’ll be glad when I don’t have to get all dressed up like this, just to get breakfast.” Chrissy giggled as she took her coat off and the scarf she’s put on.

    The others all took their coats and gloves off before they set to work on breakfast. Holly got stuck in helping them while Mandy and Carl were left with a baby on each of their knees. They were soon joined by the others and they all sat around the table waiting for breakfast to be served up.

    Carl had handed Andrew over to Jayden when he heard the front doorbell. He knew it would be the builders turning up to make a start on the extension and the covered path from one back door to the other. He showed them the way and they were soon making a start on it.

    They all ate breakfast, then Chrissy poked her head out the back door and asked if any of the builders wanted a nice hot cup of coffee or tea. All the builders asked for Coffee, so Chrissy made a couple of large flasks, and then put her coat on so she could take it out to them. It was a cold day, but the sun was out, so it still looked nice out. The builders were all grateful for the hot drink, and they all thanked her.

    The girls kept them full of hot drinks and even made them mugs of soup at lunchtime. This soon made them good friends to all the builders and they all seemed to work that little bit faster. By the end of the first day, they had a covered path that led from one house to the other, so the girls wouldn’t get wet if the weather was bad. The builders had even added some lamps along the way so they could see if it got dark.

    The wall and hedge that had divided the two gardens had gone, and there was a deep hole between the two housed by the time the builders knocked off.

     “They sure got a lot done for saying it is only the end of the first day.” Brad said as he stood next to Ann and the others as they all wanted to check out the builder’s progress.

    The others all agreed as they looked at the space between the two houses. None of them had realised just how big this extension was going to be until now. The space between the two houses was larger than the houses themselves, so the whole thing once complete would be massive.

     “I think we might need a couple of golf buggies to get from one end of the house to the other once it’s done.” Chrissy giggled.

     “True, but we will all be living under one very big roof sis.” Mandy giggled as she wrapped an arm around Chrissy and kissed her on the cheek.

    They all went back inside to have some dinner before they all went to try out the new path out back and sit by the pool to enjoy a glass of wine.

 

To Be Continued Next Friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
163 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Think big

If in doubt, make it bigger. I have a vivid imagination but even I underestimated the scale of the extension and the improvements.

You managed to move me to tears again, particularly when taking about the twins.

S.

It's gonna be a mansion with two big wings

.... and a huge common area in between. Ballroom anybody? :)

This sounds so awesome. As we know, Callum and Jayden, Ann and Brad, Mandy and Carl, Amy and Amber are all gonna have children. So there has to be a ton of room in the 'extension'.

Wow.

Kim

You Have it All Wrong Three - Part 34 By SaraUK

Best of all, they can add to either domicile if another room is needed.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Thanks Sara

I had guessed that Carl was the new neighbor, but not how it was going to work out. Looking forward to next week's posting.

I had a feeling the

I had a feeling the neighbour house would be for Ann and Brad but this is better. Thanks for a great chapter.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p